Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am paul newman
Mar 31, 2010
Pound, try a brutal take ownership of all drives, folders, files. If that doesn't help, just install a fresh Windows. Backup stuff, disconnect all drives but an SSD, install Windows, let it patch, play Wildstar. Gonna take like 2 hours, so you can still enjoy the queues and fresh paint smell of the game if you do it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Is it possible to change appearance/hair etc in the game? Like a barber?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Alright, after lucking into Barock (the Granok Engineer) I kinda went crazy and made JohnDeadwards the Mordesh Stalker, SpellaryClinton the Exile Spellslinger, and RuthBladerGinsburg the Exile Warrior. I may or may not ask for invites to Space Jam for all those dudes at some point. :toot:

Zudrag
Oct 7, 2009

loquacius posted:

Alright, after lucking into Barock (the Granok Engineer) I kinda went crazy and made JohnDeadwards the Mordesh Stalker, SpellaryClinton the Exile Spellslinger, and RuthBladerGinsburg the Exile Warrior. I may or may not ask for invites to Space Jam for all those dudes at some point. :toot:

:golfclap: Well done. You're going places.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Not sure if folks know, but if you add a 2-factor authentication (Google Authenticator) to your account, you get a permanent 2% xp/rep buff.

Bar Mitzvah
Feb 24, 2009
A thousand knives into my dick if this has been asked, but, if I buy this now on GMG, will I be able to get into early access?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I finally got Psychic Frenzy, the power I have been desperately waiting for for like my entire short Espering career

Went back to TK Strike within 15 minutes :saddowns: On top of the damage and the range, it builds Psy points at about half the speed of TK Strike

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009

Bar Mitzvah posted:

A thousand knives into my dick if this has been asked, but, if I buy this now on GMG, will I be able to get into early access?

Go buy a knife set now. Yes, you will get in.

Mashed Potato
Aug 29, 2008

Bar Mitzvah posted:

Yes

i am paul newman
Mar 31, 2010

Bar Mitzvah posted:

Yes. Headstart access is part of the preoder items, they still list that. Should receive the key right away and be able to play right away.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

I finally got Psychic Frenzy, the power I have been desperately waiting for for like my entire short Espering career

Went back to TK Strike within 15 minutes :saddowns: On top of the damage and the range, it builds Psy points at about half the speed of TK Strike

Yeah I still find myself very unsure what esper skills I want to use. I've used psychic Frenzy for a while but might have to try TK strike again.

Bar Mitzvah
Feb 24, 2009
Sweet downloading now. Looking forward to playing with everyone.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Bar Mitzvah posted:

Sweet downloading now. Looking forward to playing with everyone.

The queue boss is amazingly hard. It's the first boss you encounter during the game. It requires patience which unfortunatly not many do have including me.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Kuai posted:

Did they fix any of the performance issues since beta? Game ran terribly for me for some reason.

Well I get around 25-30 fps with shadows off, textures on medium, and everything else maxed now. In beta I was lucky to get 20 even on ultra low. The game is still optimized really poorly, but it's playable now at least.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

I don't find it to be THAT bad. It builds points slower but if you're using concentrated blades, bolster, and your innate for most fights then mobs will still die pretty quick since you've got plenty of psi points coming from your other abilities, and you lose any extras outside of the fight anyway. The range isn't such a problem since it enables you to more easily dodge around/through the mob as well. The damage is less but is more consistent since your TKS damage is going to suffer too if you have to interrupt it for a telegraph. It winds up not being too big of an issue if used in the right situations. I tend to pull it out if a mob has some especially annoying telegraphs that don't play nice with TKS, or if I'm in a tight spot and don't want to have to kite around much or accidentally aggro stuff with TKS's range.

It's definitely worse in dungeons and raids though, but I've seen Espers do well with it in small group PvP. That being said, I still wouldn't mind some buffs to it.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
They should just remove the initial 0.75 second cast entirely, that'd make it on par with tk strike

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Dekaar posted:

So is the OP still correct that all EU goons are on Hazak? Is there an overflow Guild on another server or something because there is a two thousand people queue there right now and a seven hour wait time.

I've just made the RP pve server my home on the exile side. If and when hazak is a sane place to roll I'll have a choice to make but until then I'm staying clear, while not spoiling dominion levelling in the meantime.

I figure in a couple of weeks if there's interest I could make or join a goon guild there if we want one. So far everyone's been rather nice and non creepy too surprisingly.

Edit: the big problem is my wife won't do pvp servers and is 90% likely to buy. I accidentally got a second preorder code so she's playing at the moment. I don't really want to end up stuck on the lowest pop server but right now I can't be arsed dealing with queues over 20-30 minutes long. Once things settle if she buys I'll have a choice between sticking or starting over on an active but not insane pve server. If she doesn't buy I'll either stick where I am or more likely join hazak once it's viable. I want to play the exchanges though so a busy server would help.

Masonity fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 1, 2014

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Any chance EU goons ended up anywhere but Hazak?

I asked my friends that if they were set on rolling Exiles, to pick a different server so I could play dominion.
They didn't. :smith:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So how long are dominion queues for pvp?

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
I use Psychic Frenzy and TK Storm on my Esper. I'd switch them out in a group, but when solo it means I can always hit everything.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Are there any EU goons on Hazak who can invite right now? Finally got on the server, is my post in here enough to get me into the guild or do I need to register on another forum or something? Character is a Chua medic called NoHeals

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Mordecai posted:

I use Psychic Frenzy and TK Storm on my Esper. I'd switch them out in a group, but when solo it means I can always hit everything.
Yeah, I've been doing the same thing with Quantum Cascade on my medic when solo. I know that Gamma Rays is higher DPS against a single target but QC is still decent and absolutely mows through multiple mobs. AOE everything erryday.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Ugh, 664th in queue. Guess I'm going to the gym. Thank you Wildstar, you want to make me make myself better. :unsmith:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Goggles confirming that Scientist is the best path

Bar Mitzvah
Feb 24, 2009
If there's anyone in Space Jam who can invite, I finally got in.

Name: Saraghina

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
As usual I can`t get my poo poo together, pick a class and stick with it. I really like the engineer style and gameplay idea but so far, and I`m only lvl 4, the cast time on the main volatility builder and the fact that all you seem to do is build vol. and then stand there sprinkling electrocute around is boring me a little bit. Does it get better in later lvls?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

BaconPigbutt posted:

As usual I can`t get my poo poo together, pick a class and stick with it. I really like the engineer style and gameplay idea but so far, and I`m only lvl 4, the cast time on the main volatility builder and the fact that all you seem to do is build vol. and then stand there sprinkling electrocute around is boring me a little bit. Does it get better in later lvls?
Yeah, later on between Energy Augur, Bio Shell and the Volatility Rising AMP you won't actually need to use a builder. You just rotate through Bio Shell (which is instant between 30 and 70 volatility and generates volatility) and your spender (usually either Electrocute or Bolt Caster) while using your cooldowns and Energy Augur as needed. Basically, late game play involves you trying to stay between 30 and 70 volatility as there's a lot of amps that grant you benefits from being in there.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 2, 2014

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Mercurius posted:

Yeah, later on between Energy Augur, Bio Shell and the Volatility Rising AMP you won't actually need to use a builder. You just rotate through Bio Shell (which is instant between 30 and 70 volatility and generates volatility) and your spender (usually either Electrocute or Bolt Caster) while using your cooldowns and Energy Augur as needed. Basically, late game play involves you trying to stay between 30 and 70 volatility as there's a lot of amps that grant you benefits from being in there.

Sounds good. I don`t mind cast time for initiating, but I feel that combat is much more satisfying with instant skills.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Cool Blue Reason posted:

Well I get around 25-30 fps with shadows off, textures on medium, and everything else maxed now. In beta I was lucky to get 20 even on ultra low. The game is still optimized really poorly, but it's playable now at least.

I don't know. lovely frame rate on medium with a new card is poor optimisation.

The way you described it just sounds like you need to buy a new video card.

I have an nvidia card from about 5 years ago and I went from 30-40 on medium to 50-60 on high between beta and release so there has been some work done. The biggest increase came from the new nvidia drivers that came out a week ago.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I sold my starter shirt the other day and just now realized I want it for costumes. Does anyone sell them to Exiles?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

moths posted:

I sold my starter shirt the other day and just now realized I want it for costumes. Does anyone sell them to Exiles?

You can buy it from the Shady Vendor in Thayd.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh that's excellent, thanks.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

ijyt posted:

Any chance EU goons ended up anywhere but Hazak?

Sorry, we're there.

I feel like them only making an ENG/DE/FR set of servers is the ultimate in americanisms, like they just don't realise that an ENG PvP server in the EU basically means "Are you from anywhere that is not France or Germany? Then come here!"

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

BadLlama posted:

So how long are dominion queues for pvp?

I've been getting queue times ranging from 10-90 seconds in the 15-29 bracket.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I had the brilliant idea to name Dominion characters after Republican politicians, but I can't get into Warbringer to make RatPaul the Chua Medic because it's still treating my account as a guest :argh:

I didn't get a chance to look through all fifty launch pages; how did people deal with that?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I was just mining away on ores when suddenly a Titanium Worm popped out of nowhere. I killed it and found a worm cave. Going inside I saw this.

Titanium as far as the eye can see. However instead of mining as quickly as I was too busy telling everyone I knew about a cool cave. Then suddenly I got kicked out and was only able to mine a small portion :(

There's a timer on this cave.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
This game is pretty neat.

It's sad that goons aren't rolling on Pergo, but these guys keep me company:

I like that furniture is placed in great default locations in your house:

Would be higher than level 31 but I couldn't stay awake past 3:00 AM on sunday!!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dumb question, but does Wildstar supporting binding to mouse buttons that are not LMB and RMB? I kind of want to get a (cheap) gaming mouse like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104838

With Steer I think it could make the game really enjoyable.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Unlucky7 posted:

Dumb question, but does Wildstar supporting binding to mouse buttons that are not LMB and RMB? I kind of want to get a (cheap) gaming mouse like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104838

With Steer I think it could make the game really enjoyable.

Pretty sure it does - although I've been binding to a naga because that's what I have and that uses the num keys by default. I can't imagine wildstar having fewer binds available than any industry-standard mmo of the last 4 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
I thought anyone could swing a weapon at a mineral node (like iron), but would yield less? I can't even get iron from nodes... and architect isn't easy on the supplies.

• Locked thread