Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

my head really really hurts right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Regy Rusty posted:

YOU RAPED HER

YOU MURDERED HER

YOU KILLED HER CHILDREN

Should we even waste two seconds on The Mountain, who raped and killed a girl in 1990?! Well first of all it's not true. It's not true that The Mountain RAPED AND KILLED A GIRL IN 1990, so if you have any proof, stop gossipping and go RIGHT to the Constable with it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How the gently caress do you even write this? Like at what point do you go "have I killed enough people? Maybe I should throw them a bone? Nah, gently caress it let's keep killing"

You're writing a multiple book saga, you can't give the good guys early wins.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How the gently caress do you even write this? Like at what point do you go "have I killed enough people? Maybe I should throw them a bone? Nah, gently caress it let's keep killing"

Wasn't Joffrey's death at least a finger bone's worth of consolation?

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

That went pretty much as spectacularly as I've been hoping it would all season. Best one-on-one fight since Jaime and Ned squared off with the most horrifically unsatisfying ending you could ever hope for.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Regy Rusty posted:

Oberyn let his hatred of the Mountain overcome his good sense. The Mountain was a monster, a tool. He was never going to give up Tywin no matter what Oberyn did. All he had to do was walk away, the clear victor and plotted other, more subtle revenge for Tywin.

This is basically the thesis of Game of Thrones.

That is what Tyrion wanted. It isn't what Oberyn wanted. He wanted clear justice, that implicated both the tool who performed the deed and the man who ordered it.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Regy Rusty posted:

YOU RAPED HER

YOU MURDERED HER

YOU KILLED HER CHILDREN

The tragic opposite of Princess and the Bride

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
gently caress you grrm

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

This can't be good at all for the Seven Kingdoms. My guess is the Martells will not be happy one of their crowned Princes were killed at the capital.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Mo_Steel posted:

Should we even waste two seconds on The Mountain, who raped and killed a girl in 1990?! Well first of all it's not true. It's not true that The Mountain RAPED AND KILLED A GIRL IN 1990, so if you have any proof, stop gossipping and go RIGHT to the Constable with it.

I'm not saying the Mountain raped and killed a girl in 1990, I'm just wondering why he refuses to say where he was on that night.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Honestly the funniest thing ever is the Mountain correcting the order of events for Oberyn.

"Naw man you got it all wrong, I killed the kids first! Give me some credit. *headcrush*"

zyang31
Oct 26, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

Wasn't Joffrey's death at least a finger bone's worth of consolation?

A little finger's worth.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
Hubris killed Oberyn. Makes you think.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

That is what Tyrion wanted. It isn't what Oberyn wanted. He wanted clear justice, that implicated both the tool who performed the deed and the man who ordered it.

My point is that he should've known he was never going to get that from the Mountain. If he wanted revenge on Tywin he was going to have to go through other means. He should've just finished the Mountain and been done with it.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Someone edit Arya's laughing into the end of that fight scene because hahahaha

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Mr.Trifecta posted:

This can't be good at all for the Seven Kingdoms. My guess is the Martells will not be happy one of their crowned Princes were killed at the capital.

The Martells have like a million princes, literally every noble there is a prince, it's not really much of a loss beyond him being the Sexiest Prince.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

he literally died from a guy exploding his head

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Also I like how Tyrion was like "you could at least wear a helmet" and then Oberyn dies from getting his head bashed in :lol:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I will say that Tyrion's look there at the end was basically mine. Just one big "gently caress".

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Huragok posted:

Hubris killed Oberyn. Makes you think.

Well that's what happens when your head gets too big.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Can anyone tell me how the Mountain is mostly dead? I haven't seen it yet, as I'm at work, but I did have the sequence spoiled for me online a few weeks back.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

the shock has worn off and i'm absolutely gutted that oberyn is dead and we'll be losing the best actor from the show

absolutely ridiculous

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I hate this stupid loving show I'm so upset right now

I've stopped giving a poo poo about anyone on this show, just going to be disappointed when they die a horrible unjust death. Just glad I didn't get suckered into reading all those books.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Regy Rusty posted:

Also I like how Tyrion was like "you could at least wear a helmet" and then Oberyn dies from getting his head bashed in :lol:

I'm rewatching the last scene and was just about to post the same thing

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Darth Windu posted:

The Martells have like a million princes, literally every noble there is a prince, it's not really much of a loss beyond him being the Sexiest Prince.

Pretty sure you're wrong there. He's a Martell, which is like being a Stark in the north. It's not just any noble family, it's THE noble family.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

Zotix posted:

Can anyone tell me how the Mountain is mostly dead? I haven't seen it yet, as I'm at work, but I did have the sequence spoiled for me online a few weeks back.

he got stabbed a bunch of times and collapsed into a heap after his victory

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
"Size does not matter when you are flat on your back"

Well, yeah, it apparently does, Oberyn

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So The Mountain is related to that weird guy on Kids in the Hall?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Except DeSean Jackson ends up getting his head caved in afterwards.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Zotix posted:

Generally if you are mostly alive you can still stand after winning a duel to the death

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Duggler posted:

he literally died from a guy exploding his head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrx1b4gaxWs&t=88s

The prop department really went out of their way for that one.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
"So Oberyn, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

Tyrion was the show's audience in that scene. "Holy poo poo! He might actually... holy poo poo he's going to pull it off!"

*head smash*

"Oh, goddamn it"

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Regy Rusty posted:

YOU RAPED HER

YOU MURDERED HER

YOU KILLED HER CHILDREN

Ok, now post the Jeff Goldblum version.

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
The big episode 9 shocker better be a WIN for the good guys. At least a little bit? Please? Maybe have the Night's Watch prevail? :unsmith:

StopHangingDjs
Jan 9, 2013
I think what got me the most even beyond Ellaria's scream was the smug look on Cercei's face. Man why couldn't it be her?

StopHangingDjs fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 2, 2014

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Darth Windu posted:

Yeah but I am trying to remember if they said earlier how high of a prince he was. None the less, you are sending back a dead prince of a noble family.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I knew as soon as he went all Inigo Montoya he was a goner.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Riled Shareef posted:

The big episode 9 shocker better be a WIN for the good guys. At least a little bit? Please? Maybe have the Night's Watch prevail? :unsmith:

The Night's Watch is lame though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Yeah but I am trying to remember if they said earlier how high of a prince he was. None the less, you are sending back a dead prince of a noble family.

He's the second son. Basically the runner-up of the family line.

• Locked thread