Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Zenithe posted:

They do say that birds are evolutionarily close to reptiles after all.

Technically speaking, birds are dinosaurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I wish I knew how to embed this. Just watch it.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 2, 2014

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Brisgoons: just a reminder that there's a Bust the Budget community meeting tonight at 7:

https://www.facebook.com/events/676403592422372/

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The bit where his brain shuts down to reboot is never not funny.

Hypation
Jul 11, 2013

The White Witch never knew what hit her.

ewe2 posted:

A nice run-down on a common political meme, you are not expected to be able to change this.

Also Nielsen Poll is gone from next month

Lining up to have a parity party..... Although this time its not USD/AUD its AUD/NZD.

BrosephofArimathea
Jan 31, 2005

I've finally come to grips with the fact that the sky fucking fell.

I had no idea that Professor Ian Duncan had his own show.

That quote about jesus not wanting browns in Australia is amazing.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Morgan Poll is basically unchanged -

quote:

#Morgan Poll Primary Votes: L/NP 35 (0) ALP 38 (-0.5) GRN 11 (-1) PUP 7.5 (+1)

2 Party Preferred: L/NP 43.5 (+1) ALP 56.5 (-1)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Ghost Who Votes posted:

#Morgan Poll

2 Party Preferred: L/NP 43.5 (+1) ALP 56.5 (-1)

Primary Votes: L/NP 35 (0) ALP 38 (-0.5) GRN 11 (-1) PUP 7.5 (+1)

Minor movement that's probably noise.

E: :argh:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

You'd think after the last fortnight we'd have seen a bigger fall. Has the dislike of the LNP bottomed out already?

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Of course it has. If you seriously think this budget will harm their re-election you're kidding yourself.

Hypation
Jul 11, 2013

CelestialScribe posted:

Of course it has. If you seriously think this budget will harm their re-election you're kidding yourself.

Just wait to the 'real' budget gets passed (as opposed to the initial bargaining position) and you get bipartisan support for the cuts - then the numbers will change.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

You'd think after the last fortnight we'd have seen a bigger fall. Has the dislike of the LNP bottomed out already?

The Coalition's primary vote is basically what it was when Rudd was in his honeymoon phase; it's incredibly low.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Pope Francis would be appalled by treatment of asylum seekers on Manus Island, says Archbishop of Brisbane Mark Coleridge

It's not like Abbott would listen, anyway; the church is far too soft for him these days.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Coalition's primary vote is basically what it was when Rudd was in his honeymoon phase; it's incredibly low.

Nothing a few $bn in tax cuts can't fix.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Will they have enough savings come election time to throw money at the great unwashed? Especially if the opposition parties are succssful in blocking some of their savings measures?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

They can ask the reserve bank for some.

It also depends a lot on the economy; they were lowballing it for a while too.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

On being elected into the papacy I will repeal these unfair, unpopular and unvoted-for Vatican ii reforms that were put in place by a bunch of faceless bishops who had lost their way

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Chris Pynes Knob posted:

On being elected into the papacy I will repeal these unfair, unpopular and unvoted-for Vatican ii reforms that were put in place by a bunch of faceless bishops who had lost their way

Reading the words "faceless bishops" really tempted me to photoshop Julie Bishop and Bronwyn Bishop and remove their faces. Then I realised that it would probably disturb a significant number of people, so that's not going to happen.

Hypation
Jul 11, 2013

Mithranderp posted:

Reading the words "faceless bishops" really tempted me to photoshop Julie Bishop and Bronwyn Bishop and remove their faces. Then I realised that it would probably disturb a significant number of people, so that's not going to happen.

That would be a Cardinal mistake.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Mithranderp posted:

You could probably already find it, what with Rule #34 and everything.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Mithranderp posted:

photoshopkidnap Julie Bishop and Bronwyn Bishop and remove their faces. Then I realised that it would probably disturbplease a significant number of people

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

QandA posted:

Cory Bernardi - Liberal Senator
Catherine King - Shadow Health Minister
Lawrence Krauss - Theoretical Physicist & Cosmologist
Lucy Turnbull - Former Lord Mayor of Sydney
Rowan Dean - Associate Editor, Spectator Australia

Well that looks poo poo. Also seems more overtly partisan than usual.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/tony-abbott-lambasted-on-us-tv-show-last-week-tonight-with-john-oliver/story-e6frfmyi-1226940367958

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Well that looks poo poo. Also seems more overtly partisan than usual.
Dunno, you could troll Bernardi with "Gay for Bernardi"

News Limited link, not clicking. At least quote it.

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...

You Am I posted:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1y1ez7_tony-abbott-last-week-tonight_news

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

You Am I posted:

I'm hoping Krauss spends most of the time trolling Bernardi.

quote:

The video was linked upthread too.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Useful picture to have around

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The video was linked upthread too.

It's worth posting twice though.

Congratulations Australia, I'm pretty sure ol' Tony is the most internationally famous PM you you guys have ever had. No doubt he will be the face everyone in the international community thinks of when they think of Australia for years and decades to come.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Andrew Bolt posted:

I don't expect [Tony Abbott] to side with me against Malcolm Turnbull ... yet

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Hell hath no fury like a scorned Bolt...
:munch:

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Bolt doesn't have the fire for fury, when he is suffers a perceived wrong he retreats to a :qq: why me it's not fair :qq:

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp

I was just coming here to post this. Impeccable stuff. Watching Tones go into a reboot cycle never gets old, and I sincerely hope that someone gets him so incandescent with rage that he does that on the floor of parliament.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Got linked that, was not disappointed whatsoever. What a spectacular collection of happiness for me.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

:suicide:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

The only way it could have been improved would be by having the women's rights to refuse sex being "regulated" ("so to speak") bit. But as it is, that's a pretty fantastic thing to show anyone who's wondering why this Tony guy is such a dickhead.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Is there more to the Gao murder than the cops are letting on? they said he wasnt being used as an informant but it seems kind of weird that a 20-something student has the ability to pull in 3 million dollars of Ice. I mean I have met some shady people in my various social circles, but not 3-mil shady.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Latika Bourke posted:

Liberal senator Cory Bernardi says he considers himself as a Liberal Senate backbencher and not a member of the Govt
:allears:

BrosephofArimathea
Jan 31, 2005

I've finally come to grips with the fact that the sky fucking fell.

Laserface posted:

Is there more to the Gao murder than the cops are letting on? they said he wasnt being used as an informant but it seems kind of weird that a 20-something student has the ability to pull in 3 million dollars of Ice. I mean I have met some shady people in my various social circles, but not 3-mil shady.

There is all kind of speculation that he was just one of the dumb kids that the HK syndicates use to mule locally. There was a big *news ltd investigation* into them recruiting in the high rises at World Tower and around UTS a while ago, but it was 95% conjecture.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
PS Re birds/dinosaurs/reptiles, all my modern biology textbooks and biology lecturers agree that birds are reptiles and also dinosaurs, so Pyne can indeed be both. He has the hungry soulless eyes I have seen in many a chicken. One of my favourite chickens once bit a big chunk out of my knee when I skinned it and I suspect Christopher Pyne is as evil or even more evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

PS Re birds/dinosaurs/reptiles, all my modern biology textbooks and biology lecturers agree that birds are reptiles and also dinosaurs, so Pyne can indeed be both. He has the hungry soulless eyes I have seen in many a chicken. One of my favourite chickens once bit a big chunk out of my knee when I skinned it and I suspect Christopher Pyne is as evil or even more evil.

For a second I thought the chicken bit you while you were skinning it.

• Locked thread