Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Purple looks Blue to me.

Let's go Orange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
There's going to be an actual offsite poll so I don't think these votes matter, but I'm tossing in my public vote for anyone but orange Yellow.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Kawai Rika is so kawaii. (I'm voting for Pink)

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Been doing some research on what's coming up. Orange? is considered the hardest playthrough in any Tokimeki Memorial ever. It's not just the Shiori-Kasumi stat grind. It's that her affection for you will drop at random times for Baggage reasons that you cannot control.

I may actually rage quit.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

vibratingsheep posted:

Been doing some research on what's coming up. Orange? is considered the hardest playthrough in any Tokimeki Memorial ever. It's not just the Shiori-Kasumi stat grind. It's that her affection for you will drop at random times for Baggage reasons that you cannot control.

Goddamn that sounds atrocious. :stare: Is it possible to avoid those by resetting?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

vibratingsheep posted:

Full speed ahead!

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
The dreaded "real life" run, where dating a crazy girl becomes problematic and unpredictable!

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

vibratingsheep posted:

SOLD. Orange it is.

E:

HellCopter posted:

The dreaded "real life" run, where dating a crazy girl becomes problematic and unpredictable!
There's a reason real life is considered a "poo poo-game" among shut-ins (and other such armchair analysts). Actually there's a lot of reasons.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

vibratingsheep posted:

Let's Orange Arms then. The flowered path to the rage!

Edit: It seems like we're following a basic pattern with how we go through these games. We do the bullshit loving awful run first, then we do the easy fun run.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Goddamn that sounds atrocious. :stare: Is it possible to avoid those by resetting?

:iiam:

HellCopter posted:

And wearing a tuxedo to the beach is considered more appropriate than shorts and a beach shirt!

Catalina
May 20, 2008

vibratingsheep posted:

vibratingsheep posted:

:iiam:

And wearing a tuxedo to the beach is considered more appropriate than shorts and a beach shirt!

I will not clear my cookies to vote again, I will not clear my cookies to vote again....

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

This shall be glorious!

Nemo Somen
Aug 20, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

If this turns out to rage-quitting worthy problem, then perhaps you can do two runs, one in TM3 for Orange? and another in TM2. Then you could do TM3 at your own pace to reduce the stress. I know that the thread has a masochistic tendency, but if you wind up stopping because of Orange?, I'll be sad. :ohdear: Of course, you did have the patience to do over a hundred resets for the Shiori run, so I can't gauge your endurance for this sort of thing well.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

vibratingsheep posted:

It has been proven that the best LPs are the ones with the most frustration and anguish suffered by the LPer. Orange.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

vibratingsheep posted:

Well the sooner you rage quit 3, the sooner we can get back to 2.

Orange

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

vibratingsheep posted:

Red

The main character of Tokimeki Memorial 3, and the first girl in Tokimemo to break the "main character = childhood friend" mold. Likes baking and listening to people's problems, which makes her very popular in-game, but isn't enough to make her interesting.

Successor to: Shiori and Hikari, I guess
Club: Baseball, Soccer, or Track
Popularity poll ranking: 7th
Voice: Kanda Akemi (Nanako in Persona 4, Wakaba in Cross Game, Ryou in Clannad)

It's worth noting that Red is apparently one of the least liked heroines in the entire franchise, according to character polls. The fact that she is the official heroine of Tokimeki Memorial 3 is telling.

Fang Blade Havoc
Jun 8, 2011

Luke what are you doing, stop that
Can I just have an anti-vote for Green? I'm pretty sure a whole run based on "wowie that Engrish sure is wacky and out of place!!" sounds like the worst thing.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I can't get over how bad the art is in this game. It's all flat and bland and mspainty, and the faces make it look like it's trying to parody interchangable anime characters. I give it credit for not seeming to have given anyone implausibly huge tits, but that only seems to be because they couldn't be arsed to actually give anyone a different body-type from anyone else.

Orange, because let's run this poo poo into the ground.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Kelsing posted:

It's worth noting that Red is apparently one of the least liked heroines in the entire franchise, according to character polls. The fact that she is the official heroine of Tokimeki Memorial 3 is telling.

It doesn't help that her story is barely about her at all, leaving many players wondering "What did I just watch?" - a sentiment that is also common to the Gray route, though usually in a more amused than annoyed fashion.

Nemo Somen posted:

If this turns out to rage-quitting worthy problem, then perhaps you can do two runs, one in TM3 for Orange? and another in TM2. Then you could do TM3 at your own pace to reduce the stress.

How did you know what I've been planning this entire time This is a good suggestion and I will think about it.

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
Well, if Gray is amused "What the hell," then I will suggest Gray, though I'd almost suggest Whatever,, maybe even determining major choices by some sort of RNG or dice. See what happens. Because I admit, I can't find anything to work up enthusiasm for.

Fishcake
May 29, 2014
I'm gonna go with Grey, mostly for the conclusion of the Aelia/Kashell/Celia story arc and-

...wait, what do you mean, "wrong LP"? Oh.

Ok, fine, Grey Gray it is, then. Although now I'm curious to see what Red did to justify all the hate.

Random blabber
Dec 14, 2013
Yellow sounds the least boring.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
I've gotta go Orange?. Most popular, a secret character AND the most difficult? There is nothing about this that will not end in hilarious anger-based shenanigans.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
Of what little inspiration the cast list can manage to drum up, Gray seems like a slightly less horrible option?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Was going to vote for Purple but Orange sounds like a fun trainwreck that would perfectly define this game.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Guess I'll vote for Gray, since it seems like it would at least be not as boring.

Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014
I voted for Pink, not because she sounds interesting, but because she is trying to follow the footsteps of Yuina and Mei. Even an interesting character would have trouble being more memorable than them, so that is sure to be the most disappointing route possible.
Plus I tried the secret character route in Girls Side 1 and it made Maho look amazing in comparison. I'm honestly scared to see what the worse of the Tokimemo Fund games has for its secret characters...

Bookworm fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 2, 2014

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

I picked gray because it seemed the most distinguishable from anyone else, although what I really would want to vote for is whatever would be the fastest. I'm less interested in torturing vibratingsheep than I am in seeing the crazy badness of this game and then coming out the other side as quickly as possible.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I voted for a secret character before they were posted, and now I kinda regret it. :smith:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Grey

Dycroma
Apr 20, 2014
In order to obtain high-quality entertainment we must sacrifice the sanity of the LPer. Orange gril it is. :devil:

...B-but if you really don't want to, Gray/Grey would be my next vote. :ohdear:

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fishcake posted:

Although now I'm curious to see what Red did to justify all the hate.

Since she's pretty clearly not going to be featured at all in this run, lemme tell you the rundown of why Red is the least-liked main character across Tokimemo, and it's not even close:

• Her route is derogatorily known as the "old lady route" because it involves dozens of trips to a local candy shop to visit her friend, the elderly owner of the shop. Sometimes it feels like you're spending more time learning about that old lady than you are about Red.
  • Due to her route involving a lot of invitations to see the candy shop lady, she appears after school as often as Megumi and Yumi combined.
  • Her club is variable because she's always the manager of whatever team the Rival Guy character is on. That means that at the end of her route, you'll almost always have to fight him, and along the way he'll be a huge pain in the rear end.
  • TM3 has no Stalker Friend with a Notebook. Instead, you call the girls and ask about their friends. Calling Red and asking her for info about her friends makes her angry and often, she'll just hang up on you and gain a ton of bomb points.
  • All of this contributes to her having the highest bomb rate of any character ever.
  • No, seriously. There are documented cases of her bombing one week after a bomb-clearing date.

It's bad.

It's real bad.

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 2, 2014

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

In other words she bombs as much as the game did? :v:

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Grey.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

vibratingsheep posted:

TM3 has no Stalker Friend with a Notebook. Instead, you call the girls and ask about their friends. Calling Red and asking her for info about her friends makes her angry and often, she'll just hang up on you and gain a ton of bomb points.
That's an interesting change. It at least seems like right call as far as theme goes; Yoshio and Takumi are mechanically useful, but they're loving creeps.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I see that you waited until after voting had commenced to tell us about Red. Almost like we would vote for her if we knew all that...

Poil posted:

In other words she bombs as much as the game did? :v:

:golfclap:

Catalina fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 3, 2014

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Catalina posted:

I see that you waited until after voting had commenced to tell us about Red. Almost like we would vote for her if we knew all that...

I found this out today from looking up a Japanese LP, actually! There's a Japanese LP on nicovideo by a popular player named Choi, who gave her the nickname "Black Yukko" because she acts all nice-nice to your face but will bomb you straight to the next world when you're not looking.

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

vibratingsheep posted:

• Her club is variable because she's always the manager of whatever team the Rival Guy character is on. That means that at the end of her route, you'll almost always have to fight him, and along the way he'll be a huge pain in the rear end.
  • TM3 has no Stalker Friend with a Notebook. Instead, you call the girls and ask about their friends. Calling Red and asking her for info about her friends makes her angry and often, she'll just hang up on you and gain a ton of bomb points.
  • All of this contributes to her having the highest bomb rate of any character ever.
  • No, seriously. There are documented cases of her bombing one week after a bomb-clearing date.

So, the game actively works against you in your efforts to win the affection of the main heroine by placing your rival as close to her as possible? And it punishes you for using the new gameplay mechanic of calling the girls for information on the other girls? Sounds "fun".

cuc
Nov 25, 2013
Voting for Gray. Because spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Glad I finally sat down and caught up on this thread.

I have to vote Orange because rage makes for a better read and we seem to be starting off every game with a difficult route, so there's no sense in stopping now.

• Locked thread