Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

Durrr Im only willing to spend 69 cents, an impossible amount, on history's greatest console, and an epic game (the purchase of which comes with a free game). Can someone tell me how to achieve this ridiculous task?

it's called paying what it is actually worth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

do you think any women have hosed him yet for this wonderful display of sensitivity?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
you must be a real loser if you think it isnt worth your money but it is worth your time

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

do you think any women have hosed him yet for this wonderful display of sensitivity?

i dont want to speculate on the sex life of the director of the twisted metal and god of war games

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
WAIT he's gow's game designer? that's actually funnier than i thought

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
anyway my mk8 copy is coming today and it's really exciting

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

wow $320 sure is a high price for the best console out now with a library of great games, of which i get two included free, as well as $5 in eshop money and enough club nintendo coins to pick up super mario world, what an AWFUL DEAL!

Dec 26, 2012

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

WAIT he's gow's game designer? that's actually funnier than i thought

yep

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
MK8 succeeds in making Mario have a soul again and makes the stages feel alive. it's not the soulless candy coated garbage like that the New Super Mario Bros. and Paper Mario has become.

Still iffy how I feel about 3D World since it doesn't feel like a successor to Galaxy 2.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

elf help book posted:

you must be a real loser if you think it isnt worth your money but it is worth your time

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

MK8 succeeds in making Mario have a soul again and makes the stages feel alive. it's not the soulless candy coated garbage like that the New Super Mario Bros. and Paper Mario has become.

Still iffy how I feel about 3D World since it doesn't feel like a successor to Galaxy 2.

i think tropical freeze is better but 3d world is still great. the wii u has a lot of really good games and more great games coming out. i can not name one game im interested, or even really know about at all, for xbox one or ps4

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Black Baby Goku. posted:

So long gay friend of the family!

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

quakster posted:

*unsheathes hanzo blade, hums mlp theme song, makes an anti-feminist tweet* the wii u is the savior of all videogames and *the mother of all fedoras manifests out of thin air and softly lands on head, slightly tipped* MARIO KART 8 IS A GIFT FROM GOD

This is the gayest thing I've ever read. And your username reminds of that human being the quake, making this a real poo poo sandwich of a lovely post.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
lol

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

hail luigi

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

you're like Games condensed into one completely retarded poster

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Would somebody ban this retard so I don't have to read his incredibly awful posts about Nintendo in every thread.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Fsmhunk posted:

Would somebody ban this retard so I don't have to read his incredibly awful posts about Nintendo in every thread.

This is a Nintendo thread with Mario in the title, newbie.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I heard Mario Kart 8 is real good, almost as good as Sonic Transformed.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

elf help book posted:

wow $320 sure is a high price for the best console out now with a library of great games, of which i get two included free, as well as $5 in eshop money and enough club nintendo coins to pick up super mario world, what an AWFUL DEAL!

its actually 10 dollars in eshop money. the free game you get also counts towards premium points

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

How do I access these "premium points" i hear about

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mabels big day posted:

How do I access these "premium points" i hear about

https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

its actually 10 dollars in eshop money. the free game you get also counts towards premium points

does the mario kart 8 itself included in the console bundle count as a game you get points on as well? if so thats pretty cool

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

elf help book posted:

does the mario kart 8 itself included in the console bundle count as a game you get points on as well? if so thats pretty cool

Pretty sure it does. You register the code, and its value determines the points. Just like my NSMBU purchase here

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sick

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the wii u is a better deal than ever

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

welcome to gaming hell

but for real, this is a sign that i need to save up and get a wii u

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 2, 2014

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

the wii u is a better deal than ever

What do points do

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lesbian baphomet posted:

What do points do

every 500 points you get $5 in eshop money

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

every 500 points you get $5 in eshop money

that's cool, and much more useful than i would have expected for a videogame console points system

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lesbian baphomet posted:

that's cool, and much more useful than i would have expected for a videogame console points system

well they also have club nintendo where you fill out surveys and get coins you can spend on select downloadable games or playing cards or towels lol

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

can you play games with the towels?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wario says "Sieg Heil" in the new Mario Kart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X6p17i-_l0

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Should I get the mario kart 8 bundle with the red wiimote wheel (Still have two OG wii wiimote wheels because that poo poo is awesome) or another bundle with the mario game for cheaper + then the game + then a free game? That is the question.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

surc posted:

Should I get the mario kart 8 bundle with the red wiimote wheel (Still have two OG wii wiimote wheels because that poo poo is awesome) or another bundle with the mario game for cheaper + then the game + then a free game? That is the question.

Any copy of Mario Kart gives you the free game. I'd rather Mario 3D World and Mario Kart and Free Game, than a Red Wheelmote Whiil

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yea you get the free game even with the mario kart bundle, so decide if you want the remote and wheel or the other game

the new mario u pack in disc has new luigi u on the disc too, which is the $20 (or $30 separate game) which people like a lot more than new mario u

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i was hoping to get that new mario + new luigi disc cheap cuz its a pack in but gamestop still sells it for $60 lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

elf help book posted:

yea you get the free game even with the mario kart bundle, so decide if you want the remote and wheel or the other game

the new mario u pack in disc has new luigi u on the disc too, which is the $20 (or $30 separate game) which people like a lot more than new mario u

Oh idk why I thought it was Mario 3D World instead of NSMB Wii U. If you've never played a NSMB game, or the only one you played was the one that came out for the DS, then go with the extra game. It's got some neat multiplayer.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

elf help book posted:

i was hoping to get that new mario + new luigi disc cheap cuz its a pack in but gamestop still sells it for $60 lol

Nintendo selling their games for 60 bucks is their one failing so far, but I understand they've been forced to do it because retards turned hteir back on the Big N.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

elf help book posted:

Only pack in disc they ever sold for cheap was Link's Crossbow training for 50 cents. Or one of the Xbox demo discs. Even the Gamecube sampler disc that was a pack-in they had selling for 18 dollars.

Toys R Us usually had the Mario games on sale ranging from 20-40 bucks most weeks. I Picked up Luigi-U for 15 bucks that way.

• Locked thread