Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pug
Nov 26, 2008

Zasze posted:

We actually have a fairly healthy Us/tz these days Schaden is off impregnating koreans and we are accidentally alot more competent with comps and strats but SV us/tz is more or less still a small-medium sized fun zone. Syndicate just isnt what it used to be though and fights are getting a little harder to come by these days.

Come join SV where we shoot towers for starcraft 2 twitch streamers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Seditiar posted:

Fweddit is very dumb/lazy when it comes to standings.

We unblued goons a few weeks ago for a little while. :cripes:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trabisnikof posted:

Oh no, I realize how much work is put into running these events, especially with little or no tools. And with the EVE code base, I'm sure any tools would be insanely difficult to make, I'm just saying I think it fits a needed niche in eve. Arena combat could be the consensual pvp in high-sec, a great streaming content generator, and would be a great mechanism to expose more players to solid pvp concepts.

There is a Dueling League that, more or less, does what you are proposing.

http://themittani.com/features/new-eden-dueling-league-honorable-pvp-purpose

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Someone exploded my newb ship outside Jita.

I just wanted to go see the fancy space-mart. :(

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

mrmcd posted:

Someone exploded my newb ship outside Jita.

I just wanted to go see the fancy space-mart. :(

The best thing about Burn Jita was Marmite loving off long enough for me to put a jump clone back in 4-4.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I haven't done that in a long time, but I don't think they removed it.

But I mean, I wouldn't take a JF to a kickout station anyway, and you shouldn't either.

The great thing (or terrible thing if you were flying the JF) was it didn't even need to be a kickout station, any station would do.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ranbo das posted:

The great thing (or terrible thing if you were flying the JF) was it didn't even need to be a kickout station, any station would do.

You could just dock back up again if it wasnt. Most Amarrian stations let you warp off and stay within 0km with a lot of wiggle room. If you were ever tackled or didnt like the situation just dock back up.

Edit: Or you could just put a warp disruptor on your ship and kind of stop it from warping without having to do any weird bumping technique, unless you we're talking about highsec where you can't engage a person and are using a neutral alt or something to bump a freighter for some reason.

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 2, 2014

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Pug posted:

To be fair we got a pretty sweet fight being on the batphone for geemu, I dont really like Destiny but i have a raging hate boner for evoke and will gladly pick the lesser of two evils :sun:

and we only shot the tower because they were hiding in it like jerkbuttes.

Zasze fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 2, 2014

FlutterShock
May 17, 2013

Pug posted:

I would rather get a bucket load of Tech 3, Logistics, and Drake kills in return for shooting one low health tower (another KM).

Under_My_Bed
Jul 24, 2003

Pug posted:

We didn't shoot that tower for them, we shot it because there was a Evoke fleet in the tower we wanted to kill then when we finished murdering them we murdered the tower and left.

Transcendental-Pie
Apr 19, 2012
I don't really feel like we're doing SV's brand name any favours by holding a 20 minute fight (followed by a 20 minute pos shoot) that we outnumbered them 3:1 up as the epitome of syndicate PvP.

There have been loads of super fun fights lately. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4ZADYKz3Ak and other small 3 - 30 man gangs going out often.

If you're in the AUTZ we often have very small gangs gatecamping or roaming around (it's my TZ), but it won't be much different from your past experience in the USTZ last year, though I don't think we have the bad comp problem as much.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Foehammer007 posted:

Are you going to actually post something that isn't filled with bitterness?

It's not bitter if it's true :shrug:

elanciano
Apr 2, 2013

I'm sure it's only a glitch. A temporary setback.
Anybody got any tips for making pvp videos? Joined FA a couple months ago and been doing some fun stuff with a multiboxing friend and drone assist while I fly an inty and looking to do more solo in fw space

I guess what I'd like to know is
1. where's a good fw space for solo
2. Any specific ship types that would be interesting for ppl to watch?
3. Length of video? Don't want it to be too short
4. Using sony Vegas movie studio hd, that good enough?
5. Bedding music or comms?

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I just completed a complete lap of Eve's low and bits of null in my beloved cynabal named Ulysses.

Was actually a lot of fun, dodging dudes and sneaking past gate camps. Didn't find any soloers I felt confident to engage but had an awesome 1v2 against a daredevil and exequror. Thought it was curtains as I couldn't break reps and the logi pulled range but I managed to break the daredevil's point with my neut and bugged out.

Was good fun. Would lap again.

Transcendental-Pie
Apr 19, 2012

Under_My_Bed posted:

We didn't shoot that tower for them, we shot it because there was a Evoke fleet in the tower we wanted to kill then when we finished murdering them we murdered the tower and left.

I've heard this tossed around but the tower was shot for over 20 minutes and there were no kills after it - did we just not manage to anchor any bubbles around it or keep it dictor bubbled in those 20 minutes?

FlutterShock
May 17, 2013

Transcendental-Pie posted:

I don't really feel like we're doing SV's brand name any favours by holding a 20 minute fight (followed by a 20 minute pos shoot) that we outnumbered them 3:1 up as the epitome of syndicate PvP.

There have been loads of super fun fights lately. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4ZADYKz3Ak and other small 3 - 30 man gangs going out often.

If you're in the AUTZ we often have very small gangs gatecamping or roaming around (it's my TZ), but it won't be much different from your past experience in the USTZ last year, though I don't think we have the bad comp problem as much.

No one's holding that fight as the epitome of Syndicate PvP. That fight was meant to escalate into even hostile numbers (NOWAY was meant to come), in which case you never want to be unprepared. If you're not willing to form a blob once in a while to have some fun, then you will have issues dealing with those who do - asking for the other side to bring less people for the sake of it isn't how it works most times out of ten. :v:

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

elanciano posted:

Anybody got any tips for making pvp videos? Joined FA a couple months ago and been doing some fun stuff with a multiboxing friend and drone assist while I fly an inty and looking to do more solo in fw space

Someone asked about solo'ing in FW space a couple pages back - I suggested the amarr warzone around Egghelende. Egg is a great spot to set up a solo pvp base of operations. It is 4 high sec jumps from dodi so you can easily use an alt in a t1 industrial to haul out some solo ships and fits (J4LP has a hauling service if you hop onto our forums, 80isk per m3 from jita/dodi as well), and there is a decent market there as well thanks to fweddit and the amarr militia.

There is a ton of solo pvp action within a couple jumps. Siseide, Amamake, Auga, Kourmonen, Vard and the surrounding warzone are very target rich. I started solo pvping about a month ago, and never have to go more than a couple jumps and a few minutes to get fights. There aren't usually many gate camps in the area, and there are gangs but in my experience plenty of solo'ers out and about. It's definitely more removed from Dek than the cal/gal warzone, but I find it to be a much better environment for solo pvp.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

No, it's definitely a thing. It may not be a thing for you, but rest assured it is a thing.

BoBs dead m8 take the persecution complex and bury it in the box that your mom keeps your babyshoes in or something l0l.

Torpor posted:

Nice job theta. First running off women, then sending catpiss to the hospital after a suicide attempt that nobody could have predicted.

God bless thecrate and no one else.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 2, 2014

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Being social shrinks your brain!

When I kept saying that being social will cost you braincells, I didn't mean it literally. I should have. Recent scientific research shows that humans lost more than 10% of their brain size in the last 20000 years, a trend turned back only in the last centuries. Who else lost grey matter? Social chimpanzees (bobonos) compared to the common ones. Domesticated foxes compared to the wild foxes, over a few generations and other animals forced into sociality.

Why? Because we need brain to make decisions. The World is complicated and we have to figure out what to do from extreme amount of information. However being social is exactly the opposite: accepting the decisions of other people. This can go to the extreme, where obviously wrong answer of peers is accepted.

There is more than that. IQ is more or less stable during adulthood, while improving fast during childhood. An 8 years old kid is more intelligent (and not just more informed) than a 7 year old kid, while a 20 years old person is only more informed than a 19 years old. The increase of IQ stops at puberty. This also causes that people who reach puberty earlier - like women - has lower IQ on average, despite no such deficit in earlier age. Simply their brain development stopped earlier. But what happens in puberty that stops brain development. No, not hormones, since males and females have completely different hormones. Puberty is also known as the time where kids revolt against their parents and start to do dumb stuff like smoking and taking drugs due to peer pressure.

Puberty is the time when the body matures for sexual reproduction. However to sexually reproduce, you need partner. So puberty is the time when the focus move from things to people. In many ancient cultures, there are coming of age ceremonies where the former kid is accepted into the society. So IQ development stops because intellectually challenging tasks no longer interest the kid, people, social relations and such brainless stuff do. In several cultures intellectual and religious positions were filled with eunuchs or at least men living in celibacy. This makes sense if we assume that such practices decrease social interests, therefore increase intellectual capacity needed for these jobs.

Anyway "social" and "for fun" is now scientifically proven to be equal to "dumb".

PS: seka wolf must be a very social person, judged from his mental capacity. But maybe this renter has even more fun in his life. This other renter of evil also surely have a great life with many friends!

I have no words. Gevlon really is insane.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
So who wants to tell him that IQ is a relative measurement compared to other people in your age group and thus everything he said about IQ increasing with age is completely inane?

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Business Week: prime source for cutting edge neuroscientific research.

Also bear in mind that it's surface area, not just volume, that matters for intelligence.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zasze posted:

We actually have a fairly healthy Us/tz these days Schaden is off impregnating koreans and we are accidentally alot more competent with comps and strats but SV us/tz is more or less still a small-medium sized fun zone. Syndicate just isnt what it used to be though and fights are getting a little harder to come by these days.

This was a stupid sad post about how much I miss flying with space violence that I deleted, seriously if you haven't flown with the dudes from SV, you should, it's definitely one of the better times I've had in eve.

So schadenfreud is busy impregnating Korean chicks fostering positive international relations with host country nationals? I'll need to look him up next time I am in Osan.

E: from the sound of things SV has never stopped murdering evoke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdJqBBb4yO4

orange juche fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 2, 2014

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

BoBs dead m8 take the persecution complex and bury it in the box that your mom keeps your babyshoes in or something l0l.

You really don't think that GRRGOONS is a thing? There's even a corp with a ticker that's '.GRR.' with a public mission of destroying goons (they fail at it).

But you're mistaking observant apathy as a persecution complex. Many of the pubbies who hate us were scammed and ganked by us, sometimes several times. It's not like they hate us without reason. Others are just reveling in the tribalism, and that's fine. It's really okay, you don't have to pretend that these people don't exist, and we really don't care what their opinion is.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

He's an expect on puberty because he's still going through it

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

You really don't think that GRRGOONS is a thing? There's even a corp with a ticker that's '.GRR.' with a public mission of destroying goons (they fail at it).

But you're mistaking observant apathy as a persecution complex. Many of the pubbies who hate us were scammed and ganked by us, sometimes several times. It's not like they hate us without reason. Others are just reveling in the tribalism, and that's fine. It's really okay, you don't have to pretend that these people don't exist, and we really don't care what their opinion is.

grrgoons is a thing when people make it a thing. It's not a thing like it was in say 2012.

elanciano
Apr 2, 2013

vyst posted:

grrgoons is a thing when people make it a thing. It's not a thing like it was in say 2012.

I dunno man seems like anybody I run into who ain't cfc loving hates my guta for being in it. Weird part is I never really cared who was the front runner and applied to corps in both power blocs. The n3 guys were just total assholes and basically told me to gently caress off for not having a dread.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Unfunny Poster posted:

I was just reading Science for All Americans, the AAAS project on changing America's view of what is and isn't science, the nature of science and the scientific enterprise:

AAAS posted:

Science Is a Complex Social Activity

I guess scientists are getting dumber by the generation because of social collaboration.

fake edit: is dumber even a word? I think I saw it in a movie once.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

elanciano posted:

I dunno man seems like anybody I run into who ain't cfc loving hates my guta for being in it. Weird part is I never really cared who was the front runner and applied to corps in both power blocs. The n3 guys were just total assholes and basically told me to gently caress off for not having a dread.

Oh everyone hates the CFC let's be clear because they think everyone in it is being propped up by us. Depending on the day and alliance this may or may not be true of course. But as for "GRR GOONS" not so much.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
EG is the best. :swoon: Thunderdome.

elanciano
Apr 2, 2013

vyst posted:

Depending on the day and alliance this may or may not be true of course. But as for "GRR GOONS" not so much.

as someone who never paid much attention due to lowsec living, is my new home of FA the puppet that ex TEST try hards keep screaming about in local? Only been with them a couple of months but aside from a couple of dumb fc mistakes during ops I haven't seen much systemic incompetence.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

vyst posted:

Oh everyone hates the CFC let's be clear because they think everyone in it is being propped up by us. Depending on the day and alliance this may or may not be true of course. But as for "GRR GOONS" not so much.

People still go GRR GONS even when what they're saying would mean GRR CFC.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Unfunny Poster posted:

Glevon isn't just some sad nerd, sitting alone in his apartment, obsessively screaming at the internet; he is an uber-mensch, with the largest brain around.

Also, I think SV USTZ has been growing a bit lately; that the idea to have a standing fleet for gate camps and roams is a good one.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You see my severe autism and inability to comprehend human behavior is really a sign of vast intelligence. If I but wished it I could dominate all of Internet Spaceships but I enjoy the chase. FYI women are inferior simpletons which coincidentally explains why they sleep with brutes instead of a supreme gentleman like myself

- Gevlon "Elliot Rodger" Goblin.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Chomp8645 posted:

You see my severe autism and inability to comprehend human behavior is really a sign of vast intelligence. If I but wished it I could dominate all of Internet Spaceships but I enjoy the chase. FYI women are inferior simpletons which coincidentally explains why they sleep with brutes instead of a supreme gentleman like myself

- Gevlon "Elliot Rodger" Goblin.

Harsh but fair

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Wasn't xenuria also bragging about his autism like its some kind of superpower during a csm election like two years ago?

elanciano
Apr 2, 2013

InterFaced posted:

Wasn't xenuria also bragging about his autism like its some kind of superpower during a csm election like two years ago?

The sad thing is these guys do need help.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Foehammer007 posted:

EG is the best. :swoon: Thunderdome.

loving fleet discipline.

Also, fun evening:

Bunch of thanks to everyone attending.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 2, 2014

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

elanciano posted:

If you're going to do solo/small gang PVP, videos with bigger ships are always more interesting to watch. Frig PVP is boring because pretty much anyone can go into a FW plex, hang around, and get a decent fight and it's super cheap. The really interesting stuff is cruisers/battlecruisers, with solo/small gang battleships being the "ok I need to watch this" kind of stuff.

Length on average seems to be between 12-25 minutes for a video. I prefer longer, but that's just me.

Comms can be cool for smaller gang stuff, but it's really a judgement call in the end. Are the comms actually interesting, if so include them, if not music. If you're recording fights, I'd recommend keeping track of what you killed. You can see this video for an example of what I mean https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=346706&find=unread

elanciano
Apr 2, 2013

Thanks for the feedback ranbo, I was thinking of a mixture between any interesting things I can catch from FA fleets and solo forays with ships like :navy omen, Ishtar, maybe an soe ship (obviously not the Nestor as I don't understand it's existence) and laser gnosis (kind of an out there weird fit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The Nestor is quite the shame. It was so close to glory -- so close to usefulness. All it needed was a jump-only covert jump drive (read: no bridge) and it would have been useful and worth owning and worth flying. Alas, it was not to be.

• Locked thread