Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Can you believe restaurants just throw all this food away?

One of my favorite Sundance memories was seeing The East with what I assume is a fairly left wing crowd and just hearing the audible gasp in disgust at the concept of eating perfectly good food out of a restaurant dumpster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Can you believe restaurants just throw all this food away?

No joke, I work in a grocery/liquor store and most of my food I eat is expired food that we are just going to throw away. I got 7lbs of canned red salmon last night. Gotta make ends meet somehow when working 40 hours a week in customer service and living alone. Right? :suicide:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

axleblaze posted:

One of my favorite Sundance memories was seeing The East with what I assume is a fairly left wing crowd and just hearing the audible gasp in disgust at the concept of eating perfectly good food out of a restaurant dumpster.

I don't think eating out of a dumpster is a particularly political act, left or right

Presumably a left-wing crowd would think people needing to eat of dumpsters is not a good thing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

axleblaze posted:

I am already eating out of the garbage, all of the time.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
You, my friend, have crossed the line that divides man and bum. You are now a bum.

seinfeld has a quote for every situation i think

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

therattle posted:

Don't you mean Quagmire Of Solstice?

Looked it up, we're both wrong, it's Quincy on Sunday.

It still blows but this part is great:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCaaXdf6XOI

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Getting up early is for babies and old people.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Film Forum is starting up their Noir double bills pretty soon.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

I kind of enjoy being a functional adult who can do things during the day. I have some friends in their late 20's who still have trouble making it to 2pm Saturday engagements on time because they 'overslept', and it always seems really pathetic.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

FreudianSlippers posted:

Getting up early is for babies and old people.

My son wakes at 6 if we are lucky, 5:15 if not. I'd KILL to sleep uninterrupted until 8. I used to sleep so late...

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
My kids sleep until 7 or later every day. You need to use the belt more.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I kind of enjoy being a functional adult who can do things during the day. I have some friends in their late 20's who still have trouble making it to 2pm Saturday engagements on time because they 'overslept', and it always seems really pathetic.

The gently caress you're doing at a saturday 2pm? I can't even cure an hangover by then

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Honest Thief posted:

The gently caress you're doing at a saturday 2pm? I can't even cure an hangover by then

Day drinking, duh.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado

Honest Thief posted:

Some of us have kids that want to do stuff.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Honest Thief posted:

Playing Dark Heresy. You know, adult stuff.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

spaceships posted:

Some of us have kids that want to do stuff.

So let them, give them 5 bucks to go to the arcades.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Playing Dark Heresy. You know, adult stuff.
I never had any P&P friends :(

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My best friend (27 years old) received a round of applause from his family for getting up at 10 am (early for him) the other day.

It's impossible to do anything early when you deal with idiots.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado

Alec Eiffel posted:

maybe he should move out at (27)

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spaceships posted:

maybe he should move out at (27)

How do you move out when you're unemployed?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Alec Eiffel posted:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EEz-Czt69IU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Waking up early is a pain in the rear end, and staying up late is way more fun.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I Before E posted:

Waking up early is a pain in the rear end, and staying up late is way more fun.
Me exactly.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Alec Eiffel posted:

Yeah it works best to get a job, move out and then become unemployed. I highly recommend it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Honest Thief posted:

So let them, give them 5 bucks to go to the arcades.

Some parents probably don't like the idea of their kids traveling alone all the way to 1985.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Beyond sane knolls posted:

Yeah it works best to get a job, move out and then become unemployed. I highly recommend it.

This is when you begin your quest of going to grad school and living off loans until you die.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Coffee And Pie posted:

Some parents probably don't like the idea of their kids traveling alone all the way to 1985.

Marty McFly did okay.

dreadnought
Dec 28, 2006

:rolleyes:

Alec Eiffel posted:

My best friend (27 years old) received a round of applause from his family for getting up at 10 am (early for him) the other day.

This is what I deal with regularly in my house. One of my roommates and his girlfriend (24 and 22, respectively) can very rarely get out of bed before 2 or 3 PM. Unless they work in the morning, in which case they'll get up, and then come right home and sleep all afternoon/evening. It makes it so hard to do poo poo in the kitchen (which is right by his room) or clean up the house or anything when I have to worry about waking them up. I just don't get sleeping in that late. I think the latest I've ever slept on a normal day is like 1, and that was because it was up until 6 or 7 in the morning. Then again, I at least used to have some sort of psychosomatic issue that stemmed from my dad who felt very strongly about sleeping in. He would scream at me and sometimes even physically force me out of bed (by rolling me out or flipping the mattress) if he caught me asleep past, like, 9 or 10 AM. Took me until well into college before I could sleep past 10 without waking up and having a minor panic attack.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
It's one thing to sleep in, its another to do so and expect your housemates to live around your sleep schedule. The latter boggles my mind.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
The director of Edge of Tomorrow, Doug Liman, sounds like a fun guy to work for:

quote:

— Liman didn’t just go $10 million over budget on The Bourne Identity — he also made his production crew stay late one day, lighting a forest near Prague so he could play paintball.

— When Mr. and Mrs. Smith also tilted over budget ($26 million, in this instance), “Liman used his own money to build a set inside his mother’s garage in upstate New York — and destroyed it with a hand grenade,” as one does. Also on that movie, Liman got screenwriter Simon Kinberg (Sherlock Holmes, X-Men: Days of Future Past) to write about 50 different endings. He wound up going with the first one.

— On the second day of filming for Edge of Tomorrow, Liman just reshot everything from the first day.

— Further along, a big scene set at Normandy was supposed to take two weeks and ended up lasting almost three months. Liman called it “workshop-y.” For Blunt, it was more “almost broke my nose on a broadsword–y, WTF are we doing here–ish.”

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That doesn't seem like fun at all!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
As someone who tends to work night (sometimes late-night) shifts, I've got no problem sleeping until 10. Still gives me enough time to do the Things Of The Day before going back to work. Otherwise, I feel like a bum for sleeping later than that. Get up, do some stuff, then take a nap or something later on if you're still groggy.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I once slept from 6 am to 6 pm during winter and completely missed the sun. It was super disorienting and I never want to do it again.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

dreadnought posted:

This is what I deal with regularly in my house. One of my roommates and his girlfriend (24 and 22, respectively) can very rarely get out of bed before 2 or 3 PM. Unless they work in the morning, in which case they'll get up, and then come right home and sleep all afternoon/evening. It makes it so hard to do poo poo in the kitchen (which is right by his room) or clean up the house or anything when I have to worry about waking them up.

Don't worry about waking them up. I work an afternoon shift and get up at 10:30 every morning. My roommate goes to school so he's usually up at 7 or so. And sometimes he wakes me up when he's making breakfast or whatever, but its not a big deal. I just go back to sleep.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
When I was in county lock up once I thought "Oh Ill just try to sleep this out until Monday when I can see a judge." Being in county sucks (not nearly as much as real prison or whatever) but waking up at an undefined time during the night because you've been sleeping so much you just can't sleep any more and sitting in almost total darkness with absolutely nothing to do makes it worse.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

morestuff posted:

The director of Edge of Tomorrow, Doug Liman, sounds like a fun guy to work for:

After the paintball thing, how did this guy ever get work again?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I once slept from 6 am to 6 pm during winter and completely missed the sun. It was super disorienting and I never want to do it again.
I slept for 23 straight hours once and I felt like I'd come out of a coma when I woke up.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

FishBulb posted:

waking up at an undefined time during the night because you've been sleeping so much you just can't sleep any more and sitting in almost total darkness with absolutely nothing to do makes it worse.

I've had this happen increasingly to me. I think I said this before, but in my mid-20s I could drink a few beers, and the post-buzz tiredness would let me fall asleep at a reasonable time. Once that was gone, my natural sleep desire would kick in, and I'd sleep soundly.

Nowadays? I'll go to sleep because I'm buzzed, wake up at 4:13am, and the confusion of waking up at 4:13am puts enough wake-up juice in my system that going back to bed is a major PITA.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sprecherscrow posted:

After the paintball thing, how did this guy ever get work again?

The movie made alot of money.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I want to see those 150 Mr. And Mrs. Smith endings. Realistically they're probably all slight variants on a few directions, but I'd like to see "ending 67: aliens invade" or "ending 103: rap battle".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

axleblaze posted:

The movie made alot of money.

It would've made more money if they hadn't had to pay the crew over time for a paintball game. And he didn't direct the sequel, so at least those producers learned their lesson.

• Locked thread