Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sir Vanderhosen posted:

I just hit 22 with my Stalker and pretty much all I've done is Stealth>Analyze Weakness>Impale>Punish. I then dodge/pounce out of the way, restealth and do it again. I've tried other abilities, but just like you said none of them seem nearly as effective.

Stagger should let you get another backstab in there, but yeah that's what I do too. It's kind of dull.

And it sucks against multiple enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.

Carecat posted:

Nothing like returning from work to a 3k queue! If it's like this all week I won't get to play.

I've just finished a 3 hour queue, got in to a character select screen that's unresponsive.

Back to the end of a 3k queue. Hazaaak :negative:

Queues aside I've been having a lot of fun when I can actually play.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Newbie Dominion-side Scientist question: I repaired a thing that let me use an Eldan-style 'elevator' in Levian Bay that took me to the top of another thing, but I couldn't find anything to do up there. What am I missing?

Repair a big wire near Artemis Zin to use a terminal that spawns elevator that takes you to the top of the Star-Com thing, the big floating sphere all the beams are aimed at :science:

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I wonder how much of the queue is caused by a bunch of AFK shitheels auto running into a wall while they're at work. FFXIV had the same problem at launch, and it was exacerbated to a huge extent by people just never logging off.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Bogwitt posted:

Yeah, Wildstar has some major memory leak issues right now - I was getting these crashes a lot. What worked for me is reloading the UI every 15-30mins - stopped the crashes and I think I played like 6 hours without incident. I don't know anything about addons but as far as I can tell the default Carbine ones are the culprits - the options menu and target frames build up a gigantic memory usage so until they fix that, reloading the UI to reset them is the only fix I've found.

Adding to this, I got major memory leaks every 5-10 minutes suddenly a few patches ago while I was playing in borderless windowed mode. Playing in full screen resolved that, I haven't tried reloading the UI at all but I'm usually able to stay stable for 2-3 hours at a time. Might help some folks.

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942

Rhymenoserous posted:

Exile goon guild is currently running about 200 members and between 50-60 online. You can't swing a bat without hitting a goon out in the wild.

Can't seem to get an invite. Maybe because I play mostly during the day. Yes, authorized on site.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

Tokaii posted:

Can't seem to get an invite. Maybe because I play mostly during the day. Yes, authorized on site.

Terribly sorry! Will give more peeps the chance to invite as soon as I get home from work today. Didn't realize all would end up at work at the same time.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Carecat posted:

Nothing like returning from work to a 3k queue! If it's like this all week I won't get to play.

Tell me about it, the sooner they get these free transfers done and dusted to settle their mistakes at launch, the better.

As is, it takes about 3-4 hours whenever I get home from work, leaving me at most an hour or two playtime. :sigh:

Gealar
May 2, 2013

VanillaGorilla posted:

I wonder how much of the queue is caused by a bunch of AFK shitheels auto running into a wall while they're at work. FFXIV had the same problem at launch, and it was exacerbated to a huge extent by people just never logging off.

I got a notification that there was going to be a small patch today or last night that affects how they detect AFK people and log them out. It sounded like they intended to make so something will popup that you might need to do if you have been doing the same thing for a long period of time. Like running into a wall.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Gealar posted:

I got a notification that there was going to be a small patch today or last night that affects how they detect AFK people and log them out. It sounded like they intended to make so something will popup that you might need to do if you have been doing the same thing for a long period of time. Like running into a wall.

That was the one from last night.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Just a heads up for anyone that binds E and Q to something else without changing A and D to strafe. The mini game to get out of stun looks for your strafe keys so if you don't bind the strafe keys to new keys you cannot get out of stun early 50% of the time.

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942

Ark posted:

I'm really enjoying the game, but holy gently caress if I don't feel overwhelmed by some of it. Perhaps it's cause I'm getting up there in age, or just not terribly well versed in MMO's anymore, but gently caress me if there isn't a million and 1 things to interact with in any given area that I have no idea what it is doing.

As the oldest of the old I know what you mean. After games where I complained of not enough quests or not enough npc's to fight, this game is the opposite. So many quests I never know which way to go next and whenever I try to stop to look something up or chat three things attack me. And in my sleep now I hear, "Challenge Failed!" because with so many people chasing the challenge thing I seldom get more than 50% of it done.

Too much of a good thing?

Tokaii fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 2, 2014

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Hint for challenges: don't even worry about doing them when you first find them. They get saved in your lore panel (default L) and you can come back once you've nearly finished the zone with an extra level or two and clean them out more easily. That lore panel has buttons to show you an arrow to where a challenge starts and everything.

In fact I'm kind of impressed at how it seems like (so far at least) there's really no way to 'miss' things or lock yourself out of completing something. As long as you keep plugging away at SOMETHING you can eventually get that zone completion number to 100%, and this makes my inner achievement babby happy.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

WarLocke posted:

In fact I'm kind of impressed at how it seems like (so far at least) there's really no way to 'miss' things or lock yourself out of completing something. As long as you keep plugging away at SOMETHING you can eventually get that zone completion number to 100%, and this makes my inner achievement babby happy.

Is there a way to find missing datacubes? Apparently I missed 3 and I have done everything in the zone, I must of just walked right past them without noticing them.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

:pcgaming: Are you crashing to desktop? :pcgaming:

Please go here and read how to find your error logs, and share them somewhere that they won't be immediately swallowed up in hundreds of pubby posts or whining about how poo poo this game controls! Thanks!

http://wildstargoons.com/index.php?threads/are-you-crashing-to-desktop.190/

If you're too impatient to read this, the error logs are buried in your installation folder, C:\Program Files\NCSOFT\WildStar\Errors if you didn't change it.

forward this message on to everybody

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

BadLlama posted:

Is there a way to find missing datacubes? Apparently I missed 3 and I have done everything in the zone, I must of just walked right past them without noticing them.

I don't think they're missable in the sense that you can't go back to wherever to get them, but there's no way to easily find them other than exploring everywhere (and/or a couple addons), even for the Scientist path missions that need you to find all the cubes in a zone there's no way to get a direction arrow or anything.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Is Space Jam popular at all? I find myself really enjoying the Exiles.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Similar to the "Auto walk not making me walk" issue, anyone else having problems not being able to adjust the camera? Both on my laptop and my desktop, right click would simply not 'catch' the camera and I can't control my dude. loving infuriating trying to snap around to aim a spell or something and just sit there like an idiot.

My mouse cursor changes from the arrow to a hand, actually. No UI element visible or anything.

if I move my mouse anywhere in that red box, I get the different cursor and then I can't click.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 2, 2014

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Rhymenoserous posted:

Exile goon guild is currently running about 200 members and between 50-60 online. You can't swing a bat without hitting a goon out in the wild.

Sorta buried, but there you go Nelson.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sab669 posted:

Similar to the "Auto walk not making me walk" issue, anyone else having problems not being able to adjust the camera? Both on my laptop and my desktop, right click would simply not 'catch' the camera and I can't control my dude. loving infuriating trying to snap around to aim a spell or something and just sit there like an idiot.

My mouse cursor changes from the arrow to a hand, actually. No UI element visible or anything.

if I move my mouse anywhere in that red box, I get the different cursor and then I can't click.

It's the invisible loot window, you should be able to drag it to a side.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I just can't get into the Exiles. I really dig the cartoony empire Dominion stuff. I should probably hook up with <Out of Character> if that's still going.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Daztek posted:

It's the invisible loot window, you should be able to drag it to a side.

the IconLoot mod should fix this too

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Unlucky7 posted:

Dumb question, but does Wildstar supporting binding to mouse buttons that are not LMB and RMB? I kind of want to get a (cheap) gaming mouse like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104838

With Steer I think it could make the game really enjoyable.
I wanted to bring this up again because I'm having issues with it. You can bind M1 and M2 with Steer, you can use most side and thumb buttons, but as far as I can tell you can't bind the wheelup/wheeldown to anything but camera controls. If you try binding it to LAS ability slots it just doesn't loving work and it's aggravating. My two thumb buttons and mousewheel press both work, but I had to macro my mousewheel up/down to keys to get that functionality in-game. Does the wheel rebind work for anyone else? The game totally lets you assign LAS slots to wheelup/wheeldown, displays the key name over the ability icon, and then just flat refuses to accept any input from the wheel.

Are there any functions you can bind to the wheel? I guess I could move vacuum loot off the thumb.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Sab669 posted:

I had this issue and just switched to Steer. It's still clunky, but not as bad as not having your cursor "catch."

Jfizzoid
Feb 8, 2005
sproing

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Is Space Jam popular at all? I find myself really enjoying the Exiles.

Popular like the slutty girl at school. It's very active so far and everyone seems like cool dads. Last night I mentioned I might feel like doing an Adventure and five minutes later we had five goons jumping out of a spaceship. We all purr like erect kittens when someone triggers a guild achievement and nobody knows why. Good times.

Plus... all of this waiting in a login queue hilarity simply does not happen on Evindra. :smug:

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

The Gate posted:

Also, I know the OP reccomends Steer for your mouselooking needs, but I couldn't stand how the mouselook turned off when you weren't moving. Deadlock is a similar program that keeps the mouselook on and has a toggle and does a decently good job of bringing the cursor back when needed (like opening your inventory or when talking to an NPC).

Might be worth checking out if you have the same pet peeve I did.

I had the same issue with Steer and although you can configure it to have a manual toggle I still found it pretty janky where it would occasionally refuse to swap. Similarly for Deadlock, which tended to crash and disable itself.

I ended up going with Lockdown, which took a minimal amount of fuss to configure and has worked flawlessly. One caveat, though: it has a small, optional AutoHotKey script to get around the game's restriction on key rebinding in mouse locked/not locked states. It's also by Xuerian, who made some p. good World of Warcraft addons, if that matters to anyone.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
I ended up dumping all of the mouse locking addons because Wildstar has an infuriating bug where if your mouse is locked and you alt-tab, it stays locked in the middle of the screen.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Pressing alt again when you tab back in should fix that. At least it does for me.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Sab669 posted:

In addition to what everyone else said, if you install MovableFrames you can display all hidden frames and move them around.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
So what are some addons I should be getting?

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

I can only press three keys at a time, makes moving while using abilities weird out on me. That isn't the game, it just means my old USB keyboard is poo poo and I need a new one, right?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Sounds like you need to get a mechanical keyboard!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Seriously, you do. They're great, and decent ones aren't too expensive.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

A Tartan Tory posted:

Tell me about it, the sooner they get these free transfers done and dusted to settle their mistakes at launch, the better.

As is, it takes about 3-4 hours whenever I get home from work, leaving me at most an hour or two playtime. :sigh:

Yeah, this really sucks. :(

I've been playing on Zhur for a while, but it just doesn't feel right progressing a guy that I'm just gonna abandon at some point.

Ah well, it'll clear up soon enough. Hopefully.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Sab669 posted:

I've noticed addons sometimes block mouse functions in the game (The Zone or whatever was the biggest culprit for me), so maybe that's it? Like an addon window was invisible and extended further than it seemed like it should.

efb;

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

So is anyone else rolling alts on Lightspire? I have a feeling Exile will attract an... Interesting crowd on the RP servers. :getin:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

WarLocke posted:

even for the Scientist path missions that need you to find all the cubes in a zone there's no way to get a direction arrow or anything.

Scientist feels more like Explorer than Explorer does. :v:

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Electrophotonic posted:

So is anyone else rolling alts on Lightspire? I have a feeling Exile will attract an... Interesting crowd on the RP servers. :getin:

I'm on there and there hasn't been much RP going on that I've noticed, since everyone's presumably busy playing the game. There's no queues to get on the server, though, and the zone chat has been pretty friendly. I imagine ERPers will be more likely to stick to housing plots to do their... thing.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
If WoW is any indication, most rpers will self-segregate to places like Goldshire or the pre-Cataclysm Stormwind park, and you never even see them while actually playing, yeah.

And what do you know, the layout of Thayd makes the Aurin-quarter completely self-contained and no one ever has to visit it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This is getting really absurd.

After hitting level 18 on Saturday, I got the glitch where an unopened piece of mail crashes your game every time you vacuum loot, turn in a quest, open a mailbox, and a whole bunch of other activities. It basically makes the game unplayable.

I found a thread on the WS forums where people were having similar issues and one guy managed to get them to return the mail in his box to sender and it resolved all issues for him.

I've submitted two tickets (I had to submit a second one because the first ticket just got some bullshit RP response form about "looking into bugs" as a response) for over 48 hours and I still haven't received a meaningful response from them. They've said that they're working on a global fix but the problem has persisted past every maintenance and downtime they've done.

I've already leveled an alt to 20 just killing time til they fix my character. It's frustrating because literally all they have to do is just get rid of the mail in my inbox and my character is playable, but their support is so braindead and worthless they can't even handle that.

• Locked thread