Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I'm going to say it.

I thought Chyna was quite attractive at one time.

Well, this is awkward.

She wasn't when she was hired but she got really attractive after getting her face done. Downright pretty as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
So how are the feuds getting changed up now that everything's basically done? You guys are saying the Wyatts will go down the card but what about the Shield? Who do they go after now that they have conclusively proven they are the biggest, toughest dudes in the WWE right now?

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Money in the Bank's up next so they can put a bunch of guys in ladder matches. I expect Harper and Rowan to go after the tag titles, since they're feuding with the Usos.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

ThePariah posted:

Money in the Bank's up next so they can put a bunch of guys in ladder matches. I expect Harper and Rowan to go after the tag titles, since they're feuding with the Usos.

I would think there will only be one ladder match this year.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Hedgehog Pie posted:

How did the Nicole Bass one do?

It was like her wrestling - no sold.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I'm going to say it.

Well, this is awkward.

Chyna was definitely a childhood crush of mine too.

Tamina looks like a fairly standard human lady, and I'm not sure why goons get hung up on her relative attractiveness.

(Actually I do know why and i'd rather pretend to be ignorant of lovely attitudes towards women)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'm wondering how they're gonna sell the Cena victory tonight, actually. They can just RAPADOO it up and have Cena winz, gg nextmap, but if they want... there's material there. They've got Cena visibly hesitating before going in for the first chair shot, and then he gets progressively more brutal until his hucking steps into Bray's face and then AAing him through a loving box and burying him under more boxes. The "Cena went dark side, just like Bray said he would" stuff is all there if they want it.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Sprecherscrow posted:

I would think there will only be one ladder match this year.

Good point. I guess they could do one for the midcard titles, but I doubt it.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Bigass Moth posted:

She's hot.

Unless you bring in Chyna or Nicole Bass they generally only hire really attractive women.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

CapnAndy posted:

I'm wondering how they're gonna sell the Cena victory tonight, actually. They can just RAPADOO it up and have Cena winz, gg nextmap, but if they want... there's material there. They've got Cena visibly hesitating before going in for the first chair shot, and then he gets progressively more brutal until his hucking steps into Bray's face and then AAing him through a loving box and burying him under more boxes. The "Cena went dark side, just like Bray said he would" stuff is all there if they want it.

No it isn't. He's done all that and worse, a million times before.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Plus after the match he was all smiles, laughing and apparently had healed all his injuries. He'd forgotten about Bray already! Congrats Cena!

I'm gonna put this in the bowl and see if the cat licks it up, but considering their similarities I think Sheamus is a more enjoyable wrestler than Cena, with a more genuine and likeable charisma. I'd rather see Sheamus in these matches, his offence and finishers don't look like dump.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Reminder that Cena's finisher used to be punching dudes in the face with a loving padlock.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Sheamus is cool and wrestles really good matches.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Retromancer posted:

Reminder that Cena's finisher used to be punching dudes in the face with a loving padlock.

I completely forgot about this. It might be for the best if this feud just isn't spoke of again.

Unrelated, but I was watching One Night Stand 06, and I also forgot how funny Rey Mysterio looked with that giant Heavyweight Championship belt on.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Alan_Shore posted:

Plus after the match he was all smiles, laughing and apparently had healed all his injuries. He'd forgotten about Bray already! Congrats Cena!

On the post-show he was really subdued and serious (and in fact shut down a joke 'question' from a 'reporter' about not having to hear Bray sing anymore), though it came off to me like the feud was over.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Retromancer posted:

and it owned

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Y'know, I finally realized the part that bums me out most about Punk's (I'm gonna assume permanent) retirement: he never really got a big send off, or a blowoff match, or a proper goodbye from the fans.

He just had a pretty lovely Rumble performance (which I'm not blaming on him for the record) and then left.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I gave him a private send-off last week by getting nachos

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Retromancer posted:

My third weapon pick :(

I am surprised they didn't play up the whole thing about Bray wanting Cena to get more violent. It seems like each PPV match Cena and Bray have had, they've brought up one absolutely vital story concept to structure the match around... and then immediately forgotten it the night after.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Y'know, I finally realized the part that bums me out most about Punk's (I'm gonna assume permanent) retirement: he never really got a big send off, or a blowoff match, or a proper goodbye from the fans.

He just had a pretty lovely Rumble performance (which I'm not blaming on him for the record) and then left.

I hope he never comes back so I can say I saw CM Punk's retirement match in person

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bard Maddox posted:

I hope he never comes back so I can say I saw CM Punk's retirement match in person

I almost feel that way about Undertaker :(

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I am just now getting to see Payback Fallout and the Shield interview is amazing. I saw the screencap, but just figured Dean laid his head on the table during the interview. But no, there was a press conference where the media interviewed Roman, Seth, and a corpse. A corpse who would occasionally lean up and slur about how they don't care.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Heres a send off, I'm glad his hockey team lost and he's sad.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Supreme Allah posted:

Heres a send off, I'm glad his hockey team lost and he's sad.

Same, that is pretty funny

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

I'm gonna put this in the bowl and see if the cat licks it up, but considering their similarities I think Sheamus is a more enjoyable wrestler than Cena, with a more genuine and likeable charisma. I'd rather see Sheamus in these matches, his offence and finishers don't look like dump.

So during the Sheamus/Cesaro match last night, I decided to look up Sheamus' match history, and to my surprise the only singles match he's been in that got 4 flakes or above was the 2/3 falls against Bryan. I don't know what the deal is there, because he's a good loving worker. Maybe it's his booking.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
He consistently has ***+ matches but they're never all that memorable or blow away.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I Before E posted:

So during the Sheamus/Cesaro match last night, I decided to look up Sheamus' match history, and to my surprise the only singles match he's been in that got 4 flakes or above was the 2/3 falls against Bryan. I don't know what the deal is there, because he's a good loving worker. Maybe it's his booking.

A large part of it has to be the booking because you rarely see a crowd that's super-hot for Sheamus these days, despite his work being pretty consistently good. Sometimes he can win the crowd over but it's more than time to turn him heel for a while and refresh his character.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

He's basically a more relevant ADR.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sheamus has taken over the Christian spot of "good dependable 3-star match"

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

oldpainless posted:

Sheamus has taken over the Christian spot of "good dependable 3-star match"

I think this really sells christian short. Dude is usually good for a 4 star match

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp
CM Punk will be back you loving marks

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I'm going to say it.

Well, this is awkward.

She was in Playboy so there's probably a few people who thought that. Now if you are in the camp that thought she was hot before all her surgeries you actually wouldn't be alone. I remember a fair number of people who would say that.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I'm sorry if Raw sucks tonight. The last one I went to did.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

But you weren't on the UK Raw.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Daniel Bryan posted:

Your wife just lost her job so we'll give you a pass.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Someone who can handle TEW for more than 15 minutes and therefore loves spreadsheets should figure out which PSP posters' attendance at live events correlates with the best shows.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

flashy_mcflash posted:

Someone who can handle TEW for more than 15 minutes and therefore loves spreadsheets should figure out which PSP posters' attendance at live events correlates with the best shows.
I went to this year's Slammies, and the Raw where Kurt Angle and Stone Cold wore tiny cowboy hats. Oh, and Spring Stampede '99.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

crackage posted:

CM Punk will be back you loving marks

Seriously.

Maybe not today or tomorrow, but someday he'll think "Hm I can come back for a short retirement run and make A LOT OF MONEY"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wouldn't it be easier to just sort by region/city?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I went back and watched the Shield/Evolution match again. There was some really good camera work at points - obviously you have the usual 'camera zooms in and out as someone is beaten down' thing, and at the beginning they didn't really know who to follow, but after things got back together and broke back down they started doing great shots, like the closing that somebody posted earlier. My favorite is right after Seth jumps off the Titantron, everybody's down in the aisle and there's a great low shot of everybody crawling towards the ring together. It looks like a scene from a war movie.

• Locked thread