Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
So he's the American equivalent of the Top Gear guy then. Only without the show and popularity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

OAquinas posted:

So he's the American equivalent of the Top Gear guy then. Only without the show and popularity.

Yes, and you're not the first person to have noticed this. When they were launching the US version of Top Gear he was supposed to fill that role, but he ended up being cut out of it. Him bitching about it was pretty funny.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

ErIog posted:

Yes, and you're not the first person to have noticed this. When they were launching the US version of Top Gear he was supposed to fill that role, but he ended up being cut out of it. Him bitching about it was pretty funny.

I think in that role he'd probably do a lot better IMO.

They had Rutledge Wood fill his role in the American Series, and I found his hosting to be rather dull. Like I tried watching it and it just wasn't good.

At least there's times when Adam Carolla can occasionally be funny outside of his political rants.

It'd be like if NBC had decided to remake "The Office" with some "meh" level sitcom star playing the role of the boss(instead of Steve Carrell), compared to Ricky Gervais. That show would have plummeted and rightfully so.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 2, 2014

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

FuzzySkinner posted:

They had Rutledge Wood fill his role in the American Series, and I found his hosting to be rather dull. Like I tried watching it and it just wasn't good.

At least there's times when Adam Carolla can occasionally be funny outside of his political rants.

It'd be like if NBC had decided to remake "The Office" with some "meh" level sitcom star playing the role of the boss(instead of Steve Carrell), compared to Ricky Gervais. That show would have plummeted and rightfully so.

The thing to keep in mind is that Steve Carrell hadn't fully exploded yet when they first started shooting that first 6 episode season of the US version of The Office. It got more expensive to employ Steve Carrell as his movie acting career kept growing along with the popularity of The Office itself. Steve Carrell is also well-known to be a really nice guy, and I bet that doesn't hurt when it comes to negotiations in Hollywood.

Carolla probably priced himself out of the running. He actually was chosen, and they did shoot a pilot for one of the networks. I think the casting in that pilot was pretty good, but it didn't get picked up for network TV. When they rebuilt the show I think the main thing they did was slash the budget, and in that context Carolla probably asked for too much money. He frequently overestimates the worth of his contributions to various projects. Maybe he ended up being correct that Top Gear would have been a lot better with him, but he's a really poo poo negotiator. In the event he does end up being paid it usually comes with a lot of animosity from the people who end up handing him the money.

He's a bit socially inept, and doesn't really understand that sometimes business people might eventually get to the point where they make decisions about hiring him based on spite. The thing that a lot of people miss about his departure from Loveline is that he was essentially fired from that gig because they were angry with him for trying to use Loveline resources to job hunt for the Stern gig. If he hadn't taken the job replacing Stern in LA then he would have been in for a massive pay cut.

His parachute in that case was being a writer for Jimmy Kimmel's late night show. During the first year of his morning show he was actually doing both jobs, but I think he left the JKL writers' room when he decided to start production on his film. Jimmy Kimmel was also a producer and adviser on his morning show, but had a pretty small role.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Probably because he co-wrote that movie the same way Ben Affleck co-wrote Good Will Hunting.

This isn't quite true. The Hammer is almost literally a condensed version of a period of his life, and a lot of the scenes in it can be paired up with Loveline anecdotes over the years. Now, I agree he wouldn't have been able to write his movie or make his movie without the help of his writing partners. He is literally functionally illiterate. However the entirety of that movie did come from him, and he was heavily involved in post-production editing; though with the help of an actual editor. It ended up being pretty okay, but kind of middling. Once again it showcases his own inflated sense of self worth. It's a competent and cute movie. I don't blame distributors for not thinking it was gonna be the next Napoleon Dynamite or something, though.

FMguru posted:

Mentioned above - he got a multi-million dollar contract for a national morning radio show in the hopes that he would become the next Howard Stern. It cratered in like six months, but he still got paid.

I'm pretty sure that's where the fleet of Lambos came from.

I don't want to defend him too much, but it took about 2.5 years for his show to get canceled. He also lasted longer than many of the other Stern replacements in the various markets. David Lee Roth's morning show comes to mind.

When his show did get canceled, it was canceled along with every single other show at that station. That station changed formats from FM talk to music. He also got paid in full for about another year and a half after that gig ended because of that contract, and with that money he was able to start up his podcasting operation. During his morning show he also got hosed around with a lot by the higher-ups. I can't really blame them for deciding the people responsible for "ching chong asian american awards" radio sketch had to be fired, but for gods sakes.. they brought in loving Danny Bonaduce to replace them.

In that article about Carolla being sued by his podcast business partner you can see what a miser he is. The guy's getting paid millions still while starting his podcast, but lets his business partner who's making a much smaller salary quit his day job and take the financial hit instead of ponying up the capital himself.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jun 2, 2014

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Branis posted:

I've only seen it a few places on facebook, but some right wingers I know have been blaming obama for giving up 5 guantanamo prisoners in exchange for the american POW, is this gonna gain traction on the right that now the TERRISTS know we will negotiate with them so they will take more americans prisoner, and it is all because of Obummer?

It's because the POW went AWOL before being captured (while taking a poo poo in the woods) and therefore isn't a true American soldier.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Hazo posted:

Has the left done anything comparable in recent memory?

Yeah, remember when the democrats controlled Congress and tried to impeach Bush for starting a war that killed and wounded hundreds of thousands of people and even cost more than five thousand American lives over his refusal to come clean about Iraqi motivations that led to 9/11 and how the left wing pols and pundits constantly raised the rallying cries of Baghdad and 9/11 daily for their excuse why Bush needed to be impeached and why they couldn't work with the President because his lies vost American lives? Remember all the impeachment hearings and obnoxiously loud campaigning against Cheney's White House run?

Yeah, me neither.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Branis posted:

I've only seen it a few places on facebook, but some right wingers I know have been blaming obama for giving up 5 guantanamo prisoners in exchange for the american POW, is this gonna gain traction on the right that now the TERRISTS know we will negotiate with them so they will take more americans prisoner, and it is all because of Obummer?

That's just loving great: Now terrorists will keep prisoners alive instead of cutting their heads off. Thanks, Obama.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

moths posted:

That's just loving great: Now terrorists will keep prisoners alive instead of cutting their heads off. Thanks, Obama.

And even worse, as there is no Seal Team being sent in, the right wing can't now just fob it off saying the Seal Team did all the work and not Obama.
drat it Obama, stop making the right wing chicken hawks look blood thirsty idiots saying they would have sent in a team to shoot the place up.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Buck Sexton in for Rush. Starts his monologue saying that the Taliban got a good deal getting 5 prisoners for one and that the Obama administration obviously doesn't know how to negotiate.

I would've thought getting one of ARE TROOPS back would've received pretty large praise from the party of patriotism. But nope. Obama managed to gently caress this up and that Sergeant was a coward anyways.

Edit: I thought prisoner exchange was a part of war... So I don't really understand the beef there.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Buried alive posted:

So in the related links there's one about Alex Jones exposing Beck as an Obama agent. It seems to be related to the Cliven Bundy mess. Two somewhat big-time conservative shock jocks having a war with each other sounds like good material for this thread. Does anyone know more about this?

Beck and Jones have fueded off and on for years. Their shtick is similar, they compete for the same audience, and they're both in the lowest-common-denominator disc jockey industry. It's in their best interests to say that the other is crazy/a government plant/not true to the cause.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

"Part of war" hahaha, these jackasses (and a lot of them are populating my FB feed right now) don't know anything about war other than Us Good, Them Bad. Even the majority of people who've been there don't know anything about the details of the place. They're literally in Superhero Comix mode of "Good Guys, Evil Monsters" and think it's a never ending battle. They think it's all Terrorists over there and would happily stay on doing rotation after rotation spouting "we're here to help" while itching to shoot anyone who looks at them funny.

We've been spending at least the last four years trying to drive a wedge between the Taliban and Al Qaeda in order to re-legitimize the Taliban so we can bring them to the negotiating table and forge a peace there that keeps Al Qaeda out. You can't do that by not negotiating with them, or by demonizing them all as terrorists.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Dirk Pitt posted:

Buck Sexton in for Rush. Starts his monologue saying that the Taliban got a good deal getting 5 prisoners for one and that the Obama administration obviously doesn't know how to negotiate.

I would've thought getting one of ARE TROOPS back would've received pretty large praise from the party of patriotism. But nope. Obama managed to gently caress this up and that Sergeant was a coward anyways.

Edit: I thought prisoner exchange was a part of war... So I don't really understand the beef there.

It's the same thing I've said time and time again. It doesn't matter what Oblammo does. It just doesn't. Whenever he does anything at all the right will fall all over themselves to find a way to make it wrong. Remember that Hannity was once on TV seething with rage over what mustard Oblammo put on his cheeseburger.

If he hadn't exchanged prisoners it would have been non stop "Why isn't Obama doing whatever he can to get ARE TROOP home? The man is obviously a hero. Obama needs to do whatever it takes to bring him home! Is he too afraid/lazy to do anything?"

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If he hadn't exchanged prisoners it would have been non stop "Why isn't Obama doing whatever he can to get ARE TROOP home? The man is obviously a hero. Obama needs to do whatever it takes to bring him home! Is he too afraid/lazy to do anything?"

Not that I disagree with your premise that the Republicans would be upset by anything Obama does, but Bergdahl has been a prisoner for 5 years, and we didn't see any of this in those 5 years.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Yeah this is a special case because for whatever variety of reasons, Bergdahl was a political no-go up until now. The only people I ever saw mention him were facebook crazies. But now that he's out, you can be drat sure conservative opportunists are going to harp on how wrong it was until the cows come home

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Turning Bergdahl into a trending hashtag was a political gamble nobody wanted to take. It gives the Taliban an opportunity to make you look like an rear end, and you're very publicly pressuring America to acquiesce to the Taliban.

Contrast this with that Marine who wrong-turned into Mexico with a gun collection. That's something you can scream all day about, since Mexico isn't going to decapitate him. If you get him back it's all USA chants and confetti, but if you don't? Well he broke Mexican law and went to Mexican jail, we did what we could. It's a no-risk position.

The bluster and potential consequences are inversely proportional.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

thefncrow posted:

Not that I disagree with your premise that the Republicans would be upset by anything Obama does, but Bergdahl has been a prisoner for 5 years, and we didn't see any of this in those 5 years.

Because they forgot about him. By the way, don't forget to SUPPORT ARE TROOPS!

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sarah-palin-criticizes-bergdahl and here we go.

quote:

Don't expect Sarah Palin to attend any homecoming celebrations for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.

The former GOP vice presidential nominee and half-term Alaska governor wrote on her Facebook page Monday that President Obama never should have praised the soldier who was released this weekend after five years of captivity in Afghanistan.

"No, Mr. President, a soldier expressing horrid anti-American beliefs – even boldly putting them in writing and unabashedly firing off his messages (http://nypost.com/2014/05/31/the-bizarre-tale-of-americas-last-known-pow/) while in uniform, just three days before he left his unit on foot – is not 'honorable service.' Unless that is your standard," Palin wrote.

She was referring to an email sent by Bergdahl to his parents, which were published in a 2012 Rolling Stone article by the late journalist Michael Hastings. In the message, sent days before he went missing, Bergdahl wrote that he was "ashamed to be an american (sic)" and that "the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools."

Bergdahl's disappearance in 2009 and the subsequent manhunt sparked resentment among his fellow soldiers, many of whom consider him a deserter.

Along with her critical assessment of Bergdahl, Palin wrote that Obama "blew it again...by negotiating away any leverage against the bad guys as these bad guys – Osama Bin Laden's partners in evil crime – joyfully celebrate their 'win' in the deal you sealed."

Read the whole post:

Commander-in-Chief's Definition of "Honorable Service" Includes Anti-American Actions While in Uniform; He Just Destroyed Troop Morale
The Obama administration tells America this soldier served "with honor and distinction." (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/susan-rice-bergdahl-served-honor-and-distinction_794066.html)

No, Mr. President, a soldier expressing horrid anti-American beliefs – even boldly putting them in writing and unabashedly firing off his messages (http://nypost.com/2014/05/31/the-bizarre-tale-of-americas-last-known-pow/) while in uniform, just three days before he left his unit on foot – is not "honorable service." Unless that is your standard.

Please use your White House Rose Garden to praise the truly honorable service of our good U.S. troops who were killed in their search for Sgt. Bergdahl (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/02/we-lost-soldiers-in-the-hunt-for-bergdahl-a-guy-who-walked-off-in-the-dead-of-night.html). Praise the soldiers who fought with everything they had to defeat Islamic terrorists, those whom you just freed from prison. Our men gave all. Our surviving combat vets will forever live with the effects of the missions they willingly engaged in to protect you, our country, and certainly their brothers and sisters who are proud to wear the uniform.

You blew it again, Barack Obama, by negotiating away any leverage against the bad guys as these bad guys – Osama Bin Laden's partners in evil crime – joyfully celebrate their "win" in the deal you sealed.

- Sarah Palin

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Sarah knows quite a lot about walking away from a sworn obligation, I think she might be on to something.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

thefncrow posted:

He wasn't what people were talking about. I hadn't heard of him before this and nobody seemed to mention him like at all. If he had become news you'd bet that every day he was still in captivity they would refuse to shut the hell up about him being in captivity.

In this case I feel like the desertion talk is trying to smear the guy so it doesn't look like Oblammo brought home a soldier but rather a traitor. My feeling is that this became news so the right is trying to make it look as terrible as possible.

"You gave the enemy back five soldiers in return for a deserter? For Shame, Obummer. Let's repeal Obamacare for the 50th time and demand impeachment we'll really do it this time we swear!"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FuzzySkinner posted:

Man, Rutledge is awesome. He does a bunch of interviews with car blogs, he's really nice to fans, he's excited about dumb cars, and is kinda funny on the show. If I was gonna get rid of anyone, it'd be the other Adam. I love land yachts as much as the next guy, but dude knows absolutely nothing about cars.

And Corolla was already hosting a car show, if I remember correctly. He probably would've been a good host for TGUS, but I doubt he would've gotten along with Tanner and Rutledge (and I doubt they'd have had two comedians named Adam together).

Also, Adam Corolla is way worse than Clarkson could ever be.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

ToxicSlurpee posted:

He wasn't what people were talking about. I hadn't heard of him before this and nobody seemed to mention him like at all. If he had become news you'd bet that every day he was still in captivity they would refuse to shut the hell up about him being in captivity.

In this case I feel like the desertion talk is trying to smear the guy so it doesn't look like Oblammo brought home a soldier but rather a traitor. My feeling is that this became news so the right is trying to make it look as terrible as possible.

I'd heard of him, quite a lot actually. There was even a thread about him here. If the "He walked off the base" story was true, he's an idiot whose morals clouded his higher judgement.

I get the feeling McCain and Palin will be the loudest critical voices in this fight, for all the irony lost on their supporters. For all the talk of desertion, at least Spergdahl was still fighting and resisting his captors after several years. More than John McCain can say.

Also, this portrayal of these five as "blood thirsty biggest murderers ever" is hilarious. Two senior pre-invasion Afghan military leaders and three politicians, all of whom were taken in the first year, some of whom were taken only a few months into the invasion.

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 2, 2014

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Sir Tonk posted:

Also, Adam Corolla is way worse than Clarkson could ever be.

If anything, the fact that Clarkson possesses some degree of self-awareness makes him worse.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
My lucky day. Got to hear Hannity's monologue as well!

Same stuff as Rush's stand-in (endangering all Americans, ARE TROOP is a coward) but there was one moment were I almost drove off the road over what he said. The line was in defense of Israel doing prisoner exchanges and he said something to the effect of:

"Israel gets a pass because they have shown the Palestinians consistency and an unwillingness to tolerate terror. Obama has been weak and unwilling to deal with terror, he hasn't done a drone strike in Pakistan since December"

My brain hurts.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Jesus Christ, one of McCain's "most bloodthirsty men alive" was a provincial governor who ordered his troops to lay down their arms and surrender when the Americans invaded. My brain hurts. :suicide:

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Your brains wouldn't hurt if you all stopped looking at the reality of the situation. Stop it!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Ohhhhhhhh my god the NRA letter to Open Carry Texas is the funniest loving thing in the world. Manners and consideration: That's what the NRA is all ab...what? a Sandy Hook parent? pfffffft, tell those hucksters and their false flag child to go suck an egg, we won, they lost.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Dirk Pitt posted:

"Israel gets a pass because they have shown the Palestinians consistency and an unwillingness to tolerate terror. Obama has been weak and unwilling to deal with terror, he hasn't done a drone strike in Pakistan since December"

My brain hurts.

Sooooo his point is that Obama is a coward because he's avoiding doing something that would likely piss off a nuclear power?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dirk Pitt posted:

My lucky day. Got to hear Hannity's monologue as well!

Same stuff as Rush's stand-in (endangering all Americans, ARE TROOP is a coward) but there was one moment were I almost drove off the road over what he said. The line was in defense of Israel doing prisoner exchanges and he said something to the effect of:

My brain hurts.

And their lies my on of my problems with the GOP, they want america to be the loving galactic empire, they want making loving "examples" every 10 minute so other countries dont get uppity. hell, most of them are cool with torture and executions already.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Awesome, if you're a POW now you get the added fun of being used as a political weapon not just by your captors but by your "Support the troops" politicians back home.

When your captors are offering you special treatment in exchange for disloyal statements, just remember, if you ever did or said anything that could make you look bad, you're already persona non grata.

Everyone thinks they'd be a hardcore supersoldier if they went to war, sometimes people just react the wrong way.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

When your captors are offering you special treatment in exchange for disloyal statements, just remember, if you ever did or said anything that could make you look bad, you're already persona non grata.

If only

quote:

But by McCain’s own account he may have begun cooperating with the North Vietnamese within three days of his capture and was fully on board within two weeks, providing specific intelligence on his aircraft carrier, its aircraft, and the support vessels attached to it, information that was later featured in North Vietnamese radio broadcasts.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

That's different. For reasons.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Everyone thinks they'd be a hardcore supersoldier if they went to war, sometimes people just react the wrong way.

I'd be a terrible soldier. I could probably hack the physical side of it, but the chickenshit bureaucracy and military discipline would drive me batshit.

That said, it probably wouldn't drive me to desert my base and run off into the hills of Afghanistan.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Nobody said Spergdahl was bright. I wish search and archives worked, because the previous thread about him was enlightening.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

quote:

But by McCain’s own account he may have begun cooperating with the North Vietnamese within three days of his capture and was fully on board within two weeks, providing specific intelligence on his aircraft carrier, its aircraft, and the support vessels attached to it, information that was later featured in North Vietnamese radio broadcasts.

Does anyone have a more direct quote from McCain's account of this?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I think we can solve this with one final prisoner exchange: We give the RW blogosphere free reign on Bergdahl and they cease and desist on Pat Tillman.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

So, did Sarah Palin weigh in on Bergdahl in the past? If so, has her position evolved?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'd be a terrible soldier. I could probably hack the physical side of it, but the chickenshit bureaucracy and military discipline would drive me batshit.

That said, it probably wouldn't drive me to desert my base and run off into the hills of Afghanistan.

Apropos of nothing, we had a guy walk of his post in 2006. Put down his rifle and flak in the middle of the night, grabbed his wallet and cellphone, and wandered into the desert of northern Fallujah.

We emptied the entire base finding him, a Regiment of tanks, helicopters, dismounts, all over the place. We found him curled up in a bush somewhere - apparently the hazing had gotten bad enough on his post that the desert was preferable.

War is a lovely, lovely place.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I really cannot think of a single use the north Vietnamese would have gotten out of that info nor can I believe that the Soviets and Chinese probably did not already have more detailed information on the Forrestal than McCain had.

Well he might have been able to fill them in how awesome the 1967 fire looked from the CCTV.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Ohhhhhhhh my god the NRA letter to Open Carry Texas is the funniest loving thing in the world. Manners and consideration: That's what the NRA is all ab...what? a Sandy Hook parent? pfffffft, tell those hucksters and their false flag child to go suck an egg, we won, they lost.

quote:

The more the NRA continues to divide its members by attacking some aspects of gun rights instead of supporting all gun rights, the more support it will lose. Already, OCT members are posting pictures of themselves cutting up their life membership cards. If they do not retract their disgusting and disrespectful comments, OCT will have no choice but to withdraw its full support of the NRA and establish relationships with other gun rights organizations that fight for ALL gun rights, instead of just paying them lip service the way the NRA appears to be doing. The NRA should have instead released a statement to the effect that it applauds our groups for coming together and finding new methods to promote safe and responsible open carry.”

https://www.facebook.com/OpenCarryTexas

Somebody please photoshop a pic a la Two Face, of both Obama and Wayne Lapierre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

LowellDND posted:

Apropos of nothing, we had a guy walk of his post in 2006. Put down his rifle and flak in the middle of the night, grabbed his wallet and cellphone, and wandered into the desert of northern Fallujah.

We emptied the entire base finding him, a Regiment of tanks, helicopters, dismounts, all over the place. We found him curled up in a bush somewhere - apparently the hazing had gotten bad enough on his post that the desert was preferable.

War is a lovely, lovely place.

Any info on this incident? edit: nm sounds like a first person retelling, thought you were talking about a released report or something.

esto es malo fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 3, 2014