Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

The_Doctor posted:

So my trip to the Lego store this morning was very fruitful! I got Ecto-1, the GotG small set, and a bunch of freebies: a balloon cart polybag , a birthday cake polybag, a TMNT Shredder minifig and a free minifig pack to come back and build three for free! Also, 100 free VIP points! So good :)

All the new sets are out too, like the Creator Bike Shop/Cafe, all the GotG sest the X-Men Blackbird, the Fairground Mixer, Benny's SPACESHIP etc. I had to choose carefully to not spend all my money :P

How did you get the balloon cart without buying the fairground mixer? That was supposed to be VIP early access exclusive and I feel kind of like I got roped into buying more than I should've.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Here in Germany the balloon cart is "spend more than 50$"

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

How did you get the balloon cart without buying the fairground mixer? That was supposed to be VIP early access exclusive and I feel kind of like I got roped into buying more than I should've.

Balloon cart is spend $75 and get it free in June for the US.

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!
^:argh:

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

It's the US monthly deal as well, spend $75 and get the cart.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Got Benny's, Police Dropship, X-Men, and two Ecto-1s (1 for my wife). Also I got a free balloon cart poly bag. Sweet.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The only two things I'm not a fan of with the Ecto1 are Venkman's hair and the aerial - it look to bulky and out of place in that scale and I'll probably mod it out.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Finished up Ecto-1 and yet again Lego gives me a handful of extra stuff but manages to miss one transparent round stud! Fortunately it's not a big deal as I just used one of the spare white ones in its place, but this is the third set in a row that this has happened to me and I have been meticulously making sure all the bags go into a sorting tray so I don't lose anything.

If Benny's Spaceship is missing a part I will consider myself snakebit.

My griping out of the way, I loved the way they built the Cadillac fins on Ecto-1. The two wingplates thing totally works for it and isn't just a gratuitous "aren't we cool" bit. It legitimately makes the set look sleek. Bravo.

Griever
Jan 19, 2006

Everything has its beginning
I'm somewhat disappointed/surprised there's no little dedication to Harold Ramis in the manual.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Griever posted:

I'm somewhat disappointed/surprised there's no little dedication to Harold Ramis in the manual.

Apparently Egon being featured prominently on the box art was a shout out to him.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Whoever has the police dropship from the lego movie, does it really have that many pieces? It looks small compact with several large pieces.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

VaultAggie posted:

Whoever has the police dropship from the lego movie, does it really have that many pieces? It looks small compact with several large pieces.

A cursory glance at the lego site reveals that yes, it does in fact have that many pieces.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Fayez Butts posted:

A cursory glance at the lego site reveals that yes, it does in fact have that many pieces.

It just looks very small for a 800+ set, and I can't figure out where all the pieces are.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Sockser posted:

Man, why isn't there a Lego store in Pittsburgh? I wanna get all sorts of free crap when I spend money on Lego :saddowns:

I know, right? I'm so tired of driving 2+ hours for a PAB wall.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Anyone interested in a 3450 Statue of Liberty? I've had it since I was a kid but I need the cash so I'm looking to offload it. It has the (apparently rarer) black and white box. May or may not have the instructions, still searching through my childhood bedroom. Was assembled and then displayed. I'm willing to offer a goon discount of $900 including shipping to the continental US so I don't have to deal with ebay/bricklink.

Fair warning, I may back out of deciding to sell it. I'm very indecisive at the moment.

e:

VaultAggie posted:

It just looks very small for a 800+ set, and I can't figure out where all the pieces are.

It seems to have a ton of play features and moving parts so my guess is a lot of those pieces are technic ones buried inside to enable all that movement.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Was planning a trip on June 19 to the Natick Mall store by Boston, then I realized the ballon cart wasn't all month, just til the 15th. So I ordered my 2 Ectos offline and I'll get the spaceship at the store. Can't wait.

Also does anyone know what the current transcolor pieces are on the PAB wall?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
So, uh, has any other sick bastard entertained the idea of putting a zombie or skeleton head on the Egon minifig?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

DrChud posted:

Was planning a trip on June 19 to the Natick Mall store by Boston, then I realized the ballon cart wasn't all month, just til the 15th. So I ordered my 2 Ectos offline and I'll get the spaceship at the store. Can't wait.

Also does anyone know what the current transcolor pieces are on the PAB wall?

I know for certain that right now at Natick we have trans blue 1x1 round plate, trans red 1x1 plate, and maybe some trans red 1x1 round plate. I think we've also got some small trans clear plates in the back room. It's been a few days since I topped up the PAB wall, so I don't remember exactly what we've got.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Neurion posted:

I know for certain that right now at Natick we have trans blue 1x1 round plate, trans red 1x1 plate, and maybe some trans red 1x1 round plate. I think we've also got some small trans clear plates in the back room. It's been a few days since I topped up the PAB wall, so I don't remember exactly what we've got.

Sweet the 1x1 rounds are exactly what I'm looking for. Like 2 or 3 big cups. I'm gonna fill some big mason jars with them and make them into lamps. Will those be there all month or do they switch like halfway thru?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

DrChud posted:

Sweet the 1x1 rounds are exactly what I'm looking for. Like 2 or 3 big cups. I'm gonna fill some big mason jars with them and make them into lamps. Will those be there all month or do they switch like halfway thru?

The trans blue are part of the new quarterly themed PAB, so we should be maintaining our stock of that as best we can. The other trans pieces are not, but I don't foresee us running out of them for a few weeks. We switch out brick when the stock level in the wall for that piece falls too low and we have no more of that type in the back room to replenish it with.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The X-Men Blackbird model is pretty sweet. I wish they had used the piece count of the sentinel to add a bit more to the plane, but it seats 4 really well. Probably my one complaint would be lack of detail or greebling, but it is supposed to be stealthy. Also, there is an awesome tool cabinet that is completely blocked from opening that has a couple tools and a fire extinguisher.

This turned out to be a lot of gripes, but it is a fun little model and the figs are great. Wish I had Colossus, Rogue or Professor X instead of another (albeit different) Magneto or Cyclops. The new Wolverine fig is badass.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

VaultAggie posted:

I know this one doesn't look like much, but it has almost 750 stuffed in there. You certainly know it when you lift it, though. Thing's like a cinderblock.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
I really dig Benny's spaceship, it's a well done classic space style ship. Some of the construction techniques are definitely not 1980s-era, but it's got all the things that make you like old blue and gray Lego spaceships. The details are nice, like the nuclear power core, the spy drones, the little spot for Unikitty. It's also a nice touch for the kids to include a little bad guy fighter, you can have pew pew lasers right out of the box.

Only thing I don't care for are the attachments for the drop ships on the wings. They use these little... I don't know the right terms, a 2x1 plate with little ribbed circle things sticking out of them? It looks slick but if you touch the ship wrong they'll fall right out and they were a bear to attach and keep level with the wings.. Why not stick with the traditional 2x1 plates that had the locking rod and C-clip? Far more secure, even if it doesn't look as elegant.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

kefkafloyd posted:

I really dig Benny's spaceship, it's a well done classic space style ship. Some of the construction techniques are definitely not 1980s-era, but it's got all the things that make you like old blue and gray Lego spaceships. The details are nice, like the nuclear power core, the spy drones, the little spot for Unikitty. It's also a nice touch for the kids to include a little bad guy fighter, you can have pew pew lasers right out of the box.

Only thing I don't care for are the attachments for the drop ships on the wings. They use these little... I don't know the right terms, a 2x1 plate with little ribbed circle things sticking out of them? It looks slick but if you touch the ship wrong they'll fall right out and they were a bear to attach and keep level with the wings.. Why not stick with the traditional 2x1 plates that had the locking rod and C-clip? Far more secure, even if it doesn't look as elegant.

I call those pieces click hinges, and while the ones on the store model I built seemed fine, they can be prone to disconnecting if you apply pressure at the wrong angle. My difficulty in picking up the ship was due to my natural inclination to grip it near the middle by the plates labelled "LATCH", which wasn't the stablest part of the build, as my fingers slipped up, pried open the cargo bay, and Benny's S3 fell out of my grasp. Whoops.

Anyways, one of my friends linked me this imgur gallery of a mashup of Lego Movie and Star Wars, which I find pretty awesome. Especially Unikitty's X-Wing.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
I agree that it does feel a bit fragile for something that a kid's going to pick up and go woosh woosh with. The back wing plates will pop off if you look at them wrong because there's not a lot of surface area for the plate to attach to. It definitely wants to be picked up and cradled from the bottom structure.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

It's certainly easier for an adult to swoosh, I'll give you that, but I didn't have any trouble with the wings. I was a little surprised to see the missiles were yellow-tipped, though. I'll have to go back and check the movie to see if they were yellow in that as well.

Nope, it appears to be either black or grey, depending on the lighting. Perhaps Lego had too many yellow missiles leftover from Gorzan's Gorilla Mech?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
I only mentioned the wing plates because I accidentally popped them off twice in various states of constructing the ship. If you try using your thumb to balance the ship while holding it under the wing, that's how I did it. Fortunately, it's easy to fix and I've figured out better ways to hold it.

I think my first mod for it is going to be designing an stand and some landing gear.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Maybe a landing pad using some big plates and something like the old monorail supports.

Red_Chief
Nov 2, 2007
I only walked out with Ecto 1 and Benny's spaceship. Pleasanton was out of stock on the construction mech so I kept my bill under $200.

justincredible
Mar 26, 2014

just too incredible

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Great, now i want the ghosbusters set.... now planning athe 2 hour trip to the lego store...

nolen
Apr 4, 2004

butts.

ltr posted:

In line in Glendale CA waiting for the store to open. A lot of goony looking fucks ahead of me.

Sup Glendale, CA Lego Store buddy.

Me and the girlfriend were probably right next to you in line. It was a poo poo show until the manager came out and had everyone form a line. The other workers just ignored everyone and hid behind the registers.

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
SDCC announcement confirmed to be the Batwing set from the LEGO Movie!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

MichaelFlatley posted:

SDCC announcement confirmed to be the Batwing set from the LEGO Movie!

I've seen a lot of people say it's the tumbler, where'd you see that?

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
My comment and Richards confirmation here:

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/more-rumors-on-the-ucs-sets/

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Awesome. Way better than a Tumbler.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
Hopefully the UCS Slave I is actually happening.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

The Police Dropship is really cool. I wish the ratchet on the zipline thing worked the other way around such that you had to put a little force on it for it to come down, but I guess I could reverse it easily. There is a ton of space in the interior, the space jail cell is like a roomier space police cell, the cockpit and turret and and and everything really. I wish the little unique code plate was a little more prominent, it's kinda tucked behind one of the doors.

Also it's a good place for the two dudes from the police truck to hang out, since they never quite got the hang of the running boards. And getting minifigs from some themes I've never checked put before (green ninja and Johnny Thunder) is cool.

Gonna build Spaceship^3 tomorrow.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

Dogen posted:

Maybe a landing pad using some big plates and something like the old monorail supports.

I like the way you think. I know exactly the parts you're talking about and I can imagine a whole landing pad with maintenance bay, fueling dock, and so on.

Griever
Jan 19, 2006

Everything has its beginning
A bust of Dream from Sandman made out of Lego. It is badass.
https://flickr.com/#/photos/deathlyhalliwell/14313532352/

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Dogen posted:

The Police Dropship is really cool. I wish the ratchet on the zipline thing worked the other way around such that you had to put a little force on it for it to come down, but I guess I could reverse it easily. There is a ton of space in the interior, the space jail cell is like a roomier space police cell, the cockpit and turret and and and everything really. I wish the little unique code plate was a little more prominent, it's kinda tucked behind one of the doors.

Also it's a good place for the two dudes from the police truck to hang out, since they never quite got the hang of the running boards. And getting minifigs from some themes I've never checked put before (green ninja and Johnny Thunder) is cool.

Gonna build Spaceship^3 tomorrow.

I really want that Dropship but with so many minifigs (including Batman) I can't imagine how expensive it is going to be when they finally release it in Australia :australia: :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
Also, I retract my earlier statement about the wing dropships on Benny's ship. Turns out I was attaching them wrong. Now that I know the proper way to do it, they're much more secure, and I feel like an idiot.