Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

King Burgundy posted:

Man, this sounds so much more interesting than I thought it was. Every time I looked at a Mafia thread in the past it just seemed like post after post of low effort/low content garbage. :)

You were 100% correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

John Cena posted:

Today's challenge will be a lot of good fun. Flash isn't needed, but speed and good judgment is.

Things I miss: tree mail.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

King Burgundy posted:

Man, this sounds so much more interesting than I thought it was. Every time I looked at a Mafia thread in the past it just seemed like post after post of low effort/low content garbage. :)

See, if you post high effort/high content, you're likely to be nightkilled/vigged/voted, so your best bet is to just call people idiots and wait.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Byers2142 posted:

See, if you post high effort/high content, you're likely to be nightkilled/vigged/voted, so your best bet is to just call people idiots and wait.

Jesus gently caress this is scummy as hell.

##vote Byers2142

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Majuju posted:

Things I miss: tree mail.

Yaaaaay it's back :3:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Winson_Paine posted:

You were 100% correct

I used to be a super high content poster. I used to give a lot of shits. All over the thread. My longest case against anyone once was nearly 2500 words over a span of 3 posts.

That was like... 6 years ago. Maybe 5.

Look at me now and weep at this husk of a man. What hell hath mafia wrought upon me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

windshipper posted:

I used to be a super high content poster. I used to give a lot of shits. All over the thread. My longest case against anyone once was nearly 2500 words over a span of 3 posts.

That was like... 6 years ago. Maybe 5.

Look at me now and weep at this husk of a man. What hell hath mafia wrought upon me.

You still post more than anybody else.

Except maybe JakeP, but his flurry of posts are all one sentence long.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Look at how high content they are nowadays on the whole :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's okay, my (unintentional) meta is apparently to post in the scummiest way possible starting immediately in jokephase.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

poo poo, why am I missing the challenge tonight? Why?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

It's okay, my (unintentional) meta is apparently to post in the scummiest way possible starting immediately in jokephase.

Fun fact; I once convinced someone in joke phase, with one post, that I was 100% guaranteed scum and got shot for it. Because I was awkward. I still give wins poo poo for that one.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Every Day 1 I've ever played, other than super fast turbos, I've taken some heat for being scummy.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also in April Fools Mafia I got shot by my own scumbro like 3 hours into Day1 because one person mentioned I and someone else were scummy and someone else empty quoted it.

gently caress you, ThirdEmperor!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Also in April Fools Mafia I got shot by my own scumbro like 3 hours into Day1 because one person mentioned I and someone else were scummy and someone else empty quoted it.

gently caress you, ThirdEmperor!
hilarious, thank you 3rdEmp

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The best part of April Fools is still the accidental vig on day one that hit scum.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Skinty McEdger posted:

The best part of April Fools is still the accidental vig on day one that hit scum.

:munch:The worst part was windshipper existing:munch:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
PMs are going out today/tonight. I need to know who's playing and who's being lame.

Post "Mango's are cool but I ain't no pineapple."

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Skinty McEdger posted:

Wolfs 4 best scum team 2014.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If anybody wants some schadenfreude, they can observe my newbie rear end getting mocked and pwned in the Hunger Games thread.

Survivor is bad for trust issues. Mafia is HORRIBLE for any sense of self-worth.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

PMs are going out today/tonight. I need to know who's playing and who's being lame.

Post "Mango's are cool but I ain't no pineapple."

I'm playing but I ain't saying that.

I have SOME pride.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I'm playing but I ain't saying that.

I have SOME pride.
you are no fun

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's true, at least.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Ixtlilton posted:

:munch:The worst part was windshipper existing:munch:

You're just mad cuz i called you as scum and I was right.

Pineapples are cool, but I ain't no mango.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm here but my internet is terrible so who knows what will happen

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pineapples and mangos both suck but I'll play I guess.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Something about fruit that may or may not involve having a lovely bunch of coconuts.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Just send out role PMs to everyone and see what happens.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alright everyone, it's time for the Awful Survivor Auction! Individual Immunity is at stake here, but so are many other things! You've each been alloted a wallet size of $500 BYOBucks. When your wallet empties, you're no longer able to participate. Sharing of money is not at all allowed.

I'll display an item, and list an opening bidding price. You'll then be bidding in increments of $50, no higher, no lower. Bidding in any other increments will be ignored. You have two minutes to counter-bid somebodies offer, and it must be $50 higher than their bid, or $500 if their bid was at $450 or higher. Items might be left out in the open, they might be covered and revealed after they've been won, or they might just stay covered and their contents known only to the winner! It's a complete mystery! Individual Immunity for tomorrow night's Tribal Council will be a secret item here. The auction will end without warning, so if you see something you want, go ahead and bid on it. And when you are counterbidding, please quote the post that you're counterbidding to make things easier to read. Bids are on a first-come first serve basis, so if two different people counterbid to the same amount, only the first person to get there gets it.

Do we have any questions before we get started?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

So if someone bids $50 I have to bid $110?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

TRUE CONFESSION TIME

The flip was me, sorry Andy. The deal is this, basically. I more or less realized that like, suballiances were being made anticipating the six man team going down but the thing was, and this is the thing... I was not ACTUALLY being contacted about any of them. So the idea of being on the bottom of a different six man ceased to be an issue, since I can do math and figured out that my vote was disposable. So I took the deal that was offered, because it isn't about being at the bottom of a six man group at that point, it is being part of a three man one. All the chest thumping posts about HOW I KNEW THIS PLAYER BACK IN SHITPOSTING SCHOOL and WE GOT OUR FIRST PROBATIONS TOGETHER and WE HAVE BEEN FRIENDS SINCE THE DAWN OF TIME sort of was a warning to someone like me that maybe I ought to do something!

The idea that I would face half a jury who hates me OR be the first voted out? Eh, both those can't be true at once. So I might as well play.

So basically my advice is if you have someone in my position in your alliance, you should have the grace to lie to them. Sorry Andy, if I had to do it over again I'd work something out with you ahead of time, because you seem like a crafty dude.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Majuju posted:

So if someone bids $50 I have to bid $110?

100. That was a leftover typo from when bids were gonna be in $60 increments, we switched it to 50 after testing proved that 60 leaves too much error for mathing

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So only one of the items are an immunity, so it's almost pure luck based?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
what are the nature of the items we're bidding for? How will immunity be determined?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

what are the nature of the items we're bidding for? How will immunity be determined?

you read well.

bowmore posted:

So only one of the items are an immunity, so it's almost pure luck based?

yep!

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Oh god my loving timing

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

OK cena, do the other items have a chance to do anything?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Winson_Paine posted:

Oh god my loving timing

Thanks for your honesty. loving finally.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm really confused by what we can even be bidding for tbh

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

The idea that I would face half a jury who hates me

haha this is exactly the case now, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

OK cena, do the other items have a chance to do anything?

they could be useful in other ways! They'll be stated ahead of time. I assume we're all ready to go?

• Locked thread