Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I was accusing you of misreading my post and I was in fact misreading yours. If you're using iOS it may be different, I use android though and do not like the ESPN app compared to Yahoo's.

ESPN's Android apps that aren't Scorecenter/Sportscenter have always been a year or two behind their iOS updates, so the current Android app has the same style as their old Scorecenter app. It's a shame ESPN's system is as good as it is, because I really like Yahoo's all-in-one fantasy sports app. Hopefully they update both iOS and Android before the season this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Holy crap, I forgot Norv Tuner is the OC for Minnesota now (Antonio Gates/Jordan Cameron). I'm sooo targeting Kyle Rudolph and Zach Ertz as my TE value picks this year. Honestly, the absence of Turner in Cleveland now has me a bit soured on Jordan Cameron.

89 fucked around with this message at 11:14 on May 31, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Holy crap, I forgot Norv Tuner is the OC for Minnesota now (Antonio Gates/Jordan Cameron). I'm sooo targeting Kyle Rudolph and Zach Ertz as my TE value picks this year. Honestly, the absence of Turner in Cleveland now has me a bit soured on Jordan Cameron.

Shanahan loves TEs as well, and it's not like Manziel has anyone else to throw to.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Shanahan loves TEs as well, and it's not like Manziel has anyone else to throw to.

Yeah, Cameron may still be a very high value TE pick, especially if the big names (Graham, Gronk, etc) are gone by the time you get to picking one.

Spoeank posted:

ESPN's UI is a horrible mess and I can't figure out what the gently caress is going on without clicking everywhere. Also the Android app is a travesty.

Yahoo! supremacy, dorks.

I farted around on ESPN and NFL fantasy sites and so far I actually have to agree with this. Of course I may be biased since my main league has played on Yahoo for 5 years now.

:sigh: I lost the championship game by .4 points last year. So loving close.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 31, 2014

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is that second part really that big of a positive though? Cameron isn't unstoppable and I expect opposing DCs to focus on taking him away at all times. Plus CLE is likely going to be a run-heavy team to begin with. Cameron's value is going to be tied heavily to TDs this year and Kyle Shanahan has never used a TE that scored more than 5 in a season. I'm really iffy on him this year.

I do not like him at his current 5th/6th round ADP. I have too many questions about his role/usage compared to other players available there and I think there's a serious chance he'll badly underperform his draft slot.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Attention all Goonballers, I have activated the league on Yahoo and I think it sent invites to everyone already! There's also a poll that I would like you to vote on! I'll make a topic later. Hopefully archives will be back soon-ish (lol) to make it easier because I've never been good at giant info-dump OPs.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tiptoes posted:

Is that second part really that big of a positive though? Cameron isn't unstoppable and I expect opposing DCs to focus on taking him away at all times. Plus CLE is likely going to be a run-heavy team to begin with. Cameron's value is going to be tied heavily to TDs this year and Kyle Shanahan has never used a TE that scored more than 5 in a season. I'm really iffy on him this year.

I do not like him at his current 5th/6th round ADP. I have too many questions about his role/usage compared to other players available there and I think there's a serious chance he'll badly underperform his draft slot.

He's tall, athletic, and without a receiving option I could see a situation similar to Garcon.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Yeah I don't see the Browns neglecting their best, available pass-catcher.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
What do you guys think about Ladarius Green? I think he has big time sleeper value, especially with Antonio Gates looking crusty.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
His name has been tossed around a bit. If he had more upward arrows I'd say yeah, but the really nice upward arrows are usually "no competition at position", "OC loves throwing to TE's", and "former basketball player". Which accurately describes Jordan Cameron last pre-season. Coaches tend to favor veterans.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
TE is such a flat poo poo wasteland that by the time drafts roll around, Green may get too much sexy sleeper hype under him which will undercut his inherit value. He could easily just fart around back into the like 8 - 18 nebulosphere.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Does anyone involved in Dynasty leagues have a site they use to keep tabs on how rookies are doing? I want to see how my draft picks are doing, as well as the Undrafted players I picked up on a whim before roster trim down.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

As a fun side note, Gronk was on the latest episode of Whose Line is it Anyway

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

ESPN mock drafts are open.. I've done 2 already :stare:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
:stare:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
ABMD - Always Be Mock Drafting

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Apparently Christine Michael is dazzling in camp and Carroll is on record saying he's going to get a lot of work this year. Hello plummeting Lynch stock.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's almost like everyone should have seen that coming.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
:woop:

This is why I love the dynasty format. I drafted Michael last year and never let him go... mostly just to be a jerk to the Seahawks fan in our league, but hey added bonus!

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?
So I ended up getting 1st overall pick in my league this year.

My question is, should I go for Peyton Manning with 1st overall?

Our league's scoring is such:

.5 PPR
Pass TD = 6pt
40Y TD = +2pt
50Y TD = +3pt (5 total bonus)
300Y Passing = 4pt
400Y Passing = 7pt (does not stack w/ 300)
100Y Rush/Rec = 4pt
200Y Rush/Rec = 7pt (does not stack w/ 100)

Peyton Manning averaged 36 pt/week with this scoring, dominating everyone and everything by a huge margin.

Running backs the gap isn't as wide

and TE as well

Obviously this is all based on last year's scores so I'd need to be looking at projections for next year, but what say you, Goons?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yeah Peyton is a good pick in a 6PPTD league.

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?
Keeper question related to Christine Michael. Would you take him and lose a 12th this year or take Stafford and lose a 5th? Id be able to keep Michael the following years losing a 10th then 8th and so on.

edit: stupid question, dont even know why I asked it.

The Extrapolator fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 8, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Christine. Was that was what you were thinking? He may not pay huge dividends this year, but that window gets wider over the longer term.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
QB is deep as gently caress this year (as of right now) but I had good success last year doing Quarterback by Committee, especially in Dynasty leagues.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gyshall posted:

ABMD - Always Be Mock Drafting

And if plain old June mock drafts weren't nerdy enough for you, you can go do mocks on RSO:

http://www.realitysportsonline.com/MockAuctionHome.aspx

Auction dynasty drafts on steroids. Fantasy contract negotiations!

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Kyle Rudolph confirmed for TE pick of the year, he was a great value pick even before Norv got there.

Eddie Lacy above Marshawn Lynch is also hilarious.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Kyle Rudolph confirmed for TE pick of the year, he was a great value pick even before Norv got there.

I didn't want to sound super homerish so I didn't say this earlier but Rudolph is probably an actual good pick for TE considering what Norv has done with big athletic TEs in the past.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
In my opinion IMO, Minnesota is looking pretty good for fantasy this year, assuming Bridgewater gets the job (he will)

Rudolph could easily be a TE1 this year, I'd gamble on him and his situation (not horrible QB, norv, etc.) over a guy like Jordan Reed whose brain may or may not be soup at this point.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

I didn't want to sound super homerish so I didn't say this earlier but Rudolph is probably an actual good pick for TE considering what Norv has done with big athletic TEs in the past.

I'm probably gonna reach a bit for him. Hopefully he doesn't blow up all over the fantasy news sites like Cameron did last year. Could've gotten Cameron in the 14th if it wasn't for that coverage like two weeks before our draft.

Frankly I'm thinking of picking up Bridgewater just because of Rudolph, Jennings, Peterson, Patterson all in a Norv Turner offense. He's gonna have single coverage looks all day every day, and knowing the awful defense he'll be passing to catch up most games.

Harold Cooplowski fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 9, 2014

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The defense in MN doesn't look that bad this year. They addressed the gaping wound in the secondary. Assuming Cole or Mauti or someone can nail down the MLB position in a semi-competent way the vikings could actually be average

edit: Also, it wouldn't shock me if Chase Ford ended up being the TE to own on the Vikings

Azhais fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 9, 2014

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kyle Rudolph, Sleeper TE of 2012 2013 2014.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.

quote:

Lamar Miller - RB - Dolphins

Lamar Miller has worked with the Dolphins' first-team offense for three weeks in a row.

"He's had a very good camp," said coach Joe Philbin. "This is the time as a third-year player that you're ready to make a big contribution." Per beat writer James Walker, Miller is "making more big plays in the running game" than Knowshon Moreno, "who appears to be working his way into shape." We noticed earlier Monday another beat writer tweet Miller was handling first-team reps with Miami's red-zone offense. With a current 12th-round ADP, Miller has a chance to be a fantasy value pick in new OC Bill Lazor's run-based attack.

Related: Knowshon Moreno

Source: ESPN.com
Jun 9 - 5:53 PM

Get ready for the lamar miller hype train again

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Lamar Miller can suck a fat one (knowshon is fat now so hth)

I'm probably gonna reach a bit for him. Hopefully he doesn't blow up all over the fantasy news sites like Cameron did last year. Could've gotten Cameron in the 14th if it wasn't for that coverage like two weeks before our draft.

In Cameron's defense, he was doing things like Jumping Over Dudes and Making Jimmy Graham Like Catches (TM) in preseason.

Really wish Hoyer didn't get hurt last year. He and Cameron were developing a good (fantasy) chemistry right when he got hurt.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Gyshall posted:

In Cameron's defense, he was doing things like Jumping Over Dudes and Making Jimmy Graham Like Catches (TM) in preseason.

We drafted preseason week 1 and he had already been all over NFL Network's stuff for like two weeks. TE was also grossly flat last year so they were clawing for someone to talk about but I'm still mad because I called it a month ahead.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

drizzle posted:

Has the dolphins o-line gotten any better at all? Even when he wasn't getting vultured by Daniel Thomas, Miller was getting gangtackled in the backfield against any moderately good front 7

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Well it really can't get any worse so there is that I suppose

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

So true.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Has the dolphins o-line gotten any better at all? Even when he wasn't getting vultured by Daniel Thomas, Miller was getting gangtackled in the backfield against any moderately good front 7

Yes, they addressed some O-line spots in the draft.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spoeank posted:

well I mean he had 9 TDs in 2012 :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

drizzle posted:

Not no, but hell no. Worst pick outside of Trent Richardson last year.

• Locked thread