Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Boxman posted:

I have no idea if Cena is good at his actual job, but i like that the guy apparently has some sense of humor.

Fred is an unfunny bit of comedy aimed at KIDS THESE DAYS, but I'll be damned if i don't laugh at this.

All I know about Cena is that according to Scooby Doo Wrestlemania Mystery he speaks fluent masked luchador.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

A warning from the 60s about women overpowering the patriarchy

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Len posted:

All I know about Cena is that according to Scooby Doo Wrestlemania Mystery he speaks fluent masked luchador.

I want to see this movie all of a sudden.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

NotAnArtist posted:

From here
http://nationalofficeofimportance.blogspot.se/

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

NotAnArtist posted:

Makes me think of Scarfolk Council.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Boxman posted:

I have no idea if Cena is good at his actual job, but i like that the guy apparently has some sense of humor.

Fred is an unfunny bit of comedy aimed at KIDS THESE DAYS, but I'll be damned if i don't laugh at this.

EDIT: also, that bear bites girl picture was probably taken at Washington University in St. Louis. The cub bit a number of students and caused a rabies scare. At one point it was thought the bear would have to be put down.

Why does the kid talk like that? Is that his normal speaking voice?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Flaggy posted:

Why does the kid talk like that? Is that his normal speaking voice?

No, that's how "Fred" talks.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Unfunny Poster posted:

I want to see this movie all of a sudden.

It is so very very worth it.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Boxman posted:

This is the first time I've seen this Fred kid, and I already hate him.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, but seeing Cena slam him, then go :stare: "Oh, sorry kid" is worth the pain of that weird little voice.

REMEMBER EDDIE? WHEN I KILLED YA BROTHER? I TALKED JUST LIKE... THIS!!?!?!?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Captain Trips posted:

This is the first time I've seen this Fred kid, and I already hate him.

Pretty much this.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

tap my mountain has a new favorite as of 15:04 on Jun 2, 2014

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Are these real? I honestly can't tell if you legitimately needed a "synthesizer license" in the UK in the 60's/70's, or if it's perfectly on-point satire.

Edit: Oh, nevermind, clearly fake. Some of the other ones are more obvious.

But seeing as I'm pretty sure you still need to pay some sort of license fee/tax to have a TV and/or radio TODAY in the UK, it's not that outlandish to think a synth needed one, too.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
The fact that they are all from the "National Office of Importance" leads me to believe they are, in fact, internet jokes.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

But seeing as I'm pretty sure you still need to pay some sort of license fee/tax to have a TV and/or radio TODAY in the UK, it's not that outlandish to think a synth needed one, too.

It really is.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I'm glad that I was at first wondering why it was funny, because the first thing that sprang to mind was the writer Coetzee.

Half a second later I understood the funny bit, of course, but thankfully the internet hasn't ruined me completely yet.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

DrBouvenstein posted:

Are these real? I honestly can't tell if you legitimately needed a "synthesizer license" in the UK in the 60's/70's, or if it's perfectly on-point satire.

Radio licenses were removed but you do still need a TV license

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Oh Adaira
May 7, 2008

Casual Tabby

Taeke posted:

I'm glad that I was at first wondering why it was funny, because the first thing that sprang to mind was the writer Coetzee.

Half a second later I understood the funny bit, of course, but thankfully the internet hasn't ruined me completely yet.

Is it because Goetze slightly resembles Goat.se?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Oh Adaira posted:

Is it because Goetze slightly resembles Goat.se?

I don't know, what do you think?

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

Where's the ring?

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Eruonen posted:

It really is.

To most americans they're both equally ludicrous ideas, but the rest of that blog's stuff is clearly fake, yeah.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

the ads weren't nearly as funny as someone being stupid enough to consider that one real was.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Finally an image to perfectly and tastefully accentuate my annual shareholder report. Thank you can stock!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I posted this first one in here before, but Scarfolk does the fake British poster thing way better.

For more information, please reread this post.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
Those look like something from Night Vale, maybe.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

The good news is you've been diagnosed with Strong Penis. The bad news is one of the side-effects is SMelling Mouth.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
What if, when humanity is no more, that sign is one of the only artifacts left for the aliens when they come to Earth and want to know about the people who lived here?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mogomra posted:

What if, when humanity is no more, that sign is one of the only artifacts left for the aliens when they come to Earth and want to know about the people who lived here?

I've long worried the same thing, but with youtube comments.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
It's okay, cockroaches will probably survive and carry on the most important aspects of our culture.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tonight: The Night Witches! Following performances by The Diabetties, White Hernia, and Bilhazia

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Opposite Electrician comes to your house and fucks up your wiring. On the plus side, he also installs insulation in your staircase for free.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Kanfy posted:

It's okay, cockroaches will probably survive and carry on the most important aspects of our culture.

buguu

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder

:confused:

What's so funny about a new start?

Infamous Mortimer
Jan 22, 2012

Temple University by any chance?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

As a North Carolinian I can tell you first hand that while our BBQ is the best on the planet, our anus tart is even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
...did

did this actually happen?

Wow what a horribly funny coincidence.

• Locked thread