Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm a big dumb moron, what steps are necessary to do all that good authenticating poo poo after making a fresh account on ArcheAge Goons?

NAILED IT

:sterv:

unfortunately there is no MAGE MAGE class in WildStar, please vacate the premises, there's nothing for you here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sojourn
Mar 28, 2005
I played through the level 15 adventure for the first time today and I can't tell if I had fun or not. My group wiped multiple times on each stage and at times it felt like we were just throwing ourselves at stuff until the enemies eventually eroded away. Sometimes there was a glimmer of hope as we worked together and then we'd promptly die 30 seconds later. I think my main issue is that a lot of the time it's incredibly difficult to tell what went wrong.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
I have to admit, none of the races were really grabbing me. I thought I'd like the Mechari, but those animations are so silly (what's with the female's sex-bot walk?)

Then I got to the Mordesh and dang! Space zombie elves one step from degenerating into flesh eating madness? Sign me up.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Aphrodite posted:

That's what Scientists get on their path? That sounds horrible.

It's pretty annoying (like for Celestion there's 16 datacubes, have fun finding them!) but I've always been a lore sperg and love reading their text so finding them all is something I would want to do eventually anyway...

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

I found them: http://wildstar.gamepedia.com/Datacube/Celestion

I really don't understand that criticism of scentists. Its not as if datacubes move around or are all that well hidden. You can even activate them at range with your scanbot.

I pulled the trigger and rerolled to make my dumb explorer a cool dude scientist. Level 12 now and only 5 more until I'm back where I was. I think scientist will be pretty neato in PVP zones if I can find any goons who don't mind being ported into the middle of nowhere to kill bunny mans in exchange for a port back to Illium.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

fadam posted:

72 hours and still no help from Wildstar technical support.

It sucks that I know what my problem is and exactly how to solve it (returning mail to sender) but I can't get a single WS Support guy to help.

That seems weird. I've been having a crashing issue since right before beta ended but waited until release to see if any day 1 patches fixed it. It didn't and have been going back and forth with Support all day trying to pin the issue down.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Are there any mods that make dialogue a little more readable? I wonder if it's the way that it's presented is making me not read anything, rather than it just being not worth reading.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So any suggestion on medic healing? Are their heals smart targeted? Should I stack support power->crit rate-> grit? How much easier does it get when you the level 9 healing spell? Even with the first heal ability, I easily do 80-90k healing in 6-14 pvp.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Republicans posted:

Are there any mods that make dialogue a little more readable? I wonder if it's the way that it's presented is making me not read anything, rather than it just being not worth reading.

ClassicQuestDialog on Cursed is what you are looking for.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Noirex posted:

ClassicQuestDialog on Cursed is what you are looking for.

Thanks, looks good. :)

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Chua wearing the moodie mask is the best thing.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Just picked the box copy up and started installing and it's telling me the digital component is 17 gigs.

Is this accurate? I was told by the devs in the last thread that what went to press for the physical copy was only like, a month behind.

Keret
Aug 26, 2012

Soiled Meat
Okay, I bought this damned game, downloading now. Time to choose between our various esteemed guilds...

Esper looks pretty awesome, and I generally like playing as a healer/support class, so I think I'll do that. Can I actually level as a healer/control build if I just latch on to groups like a space barnacle, or do I pretty much need to run a damage-focused build while leveling?

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Tannin posted:

Okay, I bought this damned game, downloading now. Time to choose between our various esteemed guilds...

Esper looks pretty awesome, and I generally like playing as a healer/support class, so I think I'll do that. Can I actually level as a healer/control build if I just latch on to groups like a space barnacle, or do I pretty much need to run a damage-focused build while leveling?

If you don't mind doing PvP you get absolutely bonkers XP for winning. Healers are incredibly hard to kill at low level BG's so you should be fine too.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Like this game so far.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I need some help from any Dominioniside people who went through Levian Bay: There are 9 Tasks listed in the zone completion list but I cannot find more than 7, no matter where I look. Here's my current list of done Tasks, does anyone know which ones I'm missing and/or where to start them?

Also I'm almost certain at this point that the big floating sphere thing above the Star-Com station needs a Scientist and Explorer cooperating to get into it; my Scientist can spawn an elevator up to it but once I'm there I can't see anything to do or anywhere to go, and I really doubt they put that elevator there for no reason... :tinfoil:

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
Welp, my server just poo poo the bed. Looks like it's time for launch part 2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ending the headstart with 26 levels gained on my main.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SuicideSnowman posted:

It didn't poo poo the bed, this was scheduled. It'll be back up in 10 minutes.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

SuicideSnowman posted:

Did you miss the 15 messages saying that the servers were coming down to patch? Did you bother checking to see if there was something else going on before running to post this as fast as you could?

I said come in! posted:

The messages said 1.5-2 hours.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

SuicideSnowman posted:

Looks like they all died. "No realms available."

At first I wasn't too into the game, I think the Dominion "everything is red and lasers" art style didn't do it for me. I re-rolled on the Space Jam server with an Exile and basically made my original WoW character...an undead rogue. It plays a lot like a rogue, but drat if it isn't a playstyle I still enjoy. Also, my guts are in jell sacks.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Ending the headstart with 26 levels gained on my main.

I only got 16 levels, but I have made several plat from playing the commodities market so I'm ok with it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

I thought it was going to be down for 2 hours :(

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Every server is down. And it's actually for 90 minutes, according to Carbine: https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60816-scheduled-server-downtime-june-2nd-2014/

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
I've been playing for an hour, there were no messages on my server about them coming down.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to customize chat channel color?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Tannin posted:

Esper dps is pretty awesome, to be honest. Comes with a good bunch of frontloaded burst and is one of the better classes for abusing the MoO system.

Questing almost poses no utilization for healing and the TtK is so low for dps specs that you're best off dps specing for almost any kind of AoE grinding during questing.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

SuicideSnowman posted:

I've been playing for an hour, there were no messages on my server about them coming down.

We got a server wide message warning about the downtime at least.

After playing a bit more, I know that Warriors certainly hit faster, but I still want to roll Engineer. I know they hit and move slower, but I kind of like that extra punch.

Granted this is like first 5 levels so...EDIT: Feel free to prove me wrong, ya'll :v:

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 3, 2014

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

I thought it was going to be down for 2 hours :(

Hmmm, Wildstar Twitter said 10 minutes. :O

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Yar, 10 minutes into the game for the first time and the servers go down. I know it was scheduled but... yarrr.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

I said come in! posted:

Well given how the servers are still down, I think I know which I believe. :v:

Mazer__
Jul 29, 2003

I said come in! posted:

They said the servers were coming down in 10 minutes, not that they were going to be down for 10 minutes.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

I said come in! posted:

It said in 10 minutes, not for 10 minutes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SpaceDrake posted:

Well given how the servers are still down, I think I know which I believe. :v:

Haha yeah. :v: Ooh well, I guess i'm done for the night then. I wonder how many new people will be playing tomorrow.

I have been waiting for Wildstar since it was first announced two years ago. This has been a very long wait and i'm really excited to finally be playing the game, I feel like the wait was worth it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

What do I play until launch?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Chances are this downtime won't fix the login issues myself and a lot of people are having. I still haven't got a character off the tutorial ship.

Time to uninstall, cancel my sub and take another look in a month or two. :geno:

panda clue
May 23, 2014
:siren: Now's your chance, Pergo/Hazak goons :siren:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60957-free-realm-transfers/

quote:

Hey everyone, as you can imagine we’ve been seeing calls for Free RealmTransfers on the forums, reddit on the live-stream. We’ve been working hard to make sure we take a measured approach to this delicate process. So in an effort to bring relief to some of our most populated Realms, we are offering free Realm Transfers off of these Realms and onto some of the lesser populated Realms. Once the server maintenance is complete on June 3rd, 12:00AM PDT, you will have the option to transfer your characters from the following Realms:

NA
Pergo to Rowsdower
Pago to Rowsdower
Widow to Rowsdower
Stormtalon to Mikros
Caretaker to Orias

EU
Hazak to Contagion
Hazak to Gaius
Hazak to Deadstar
Progenitor to Deadstar
Treespeaker to Gaius
Ascendancy to Archon

Please be aware, there will likely be a rush for Realm transfers when we first open up the service. The transfer process can take time. In some cases it may take up to 24 hours depending on the volume of transactions.

Additional Information:
Upon the event that we need to remove one of the destination Realms from the free transfer service, we will give the community 48 hour notice before removing a destination Realm from the list of Free Transfers.
When new Realms open post launch, we will message if this Realm is a transfer target or not. If the new Realm is not, then the “race to 50” will be preserved on that Realm for at least 2-4 weeks, and transfers will be prevented for that time.

The Realm transfer can only be enacted from the character select screen, so you will have to wait in a queue to enact the transfer if there is one on the source Realm.
You can move any number of characters you want as many times as you want, but each character can only be moved once every 22 hours.
You cannot have pending mail, auctions, commodity orders, or CREDD orders
You cannot be a member of a circle, Arena Team, Warparty, or a Guild
You cannot be in a circle, Arena Team, Warparty, or Guild leader

A note on Rowsdower - In the event that Rowsdower becomes overloaded, we are prepared to open new PvP Realms that Rowsdower players would be able to transfer to.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 3, 2014

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

GreenMarine posted:

Looks like they all died. "No realms available."

At first I wasn't too into the game, I think the Dominion "everything is red and lasers" art style didn't do it for me. I re-rolled on the Space Jam server with an Exile and basically made my original WoW character...an undead rogue. It plays a lot like a rogue, but drat if it isn't a playstyle I still enjoy. Also, my guts are in jell sacks.

Welcome to the Rad server for Rad motherfuckers. Or, in other words: Welcome to the Jam. :getin: Also, space hicks are a good time.

For reference, does anyone know what 'Snax' name is on SomethingAwful? I am nearly finished his housing vid and want to call him out by goon name when I post it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What Carbine needs to fix the most right now is all of the UI issues. A couple patches have actually gone a long way to doing this, but the UI is still pretty buggy.

• Locked thread