Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
If they could just get nameplates working reliably, I'd be pretty happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

WarLocke posted:

I need some help from any Dominioniside people who went through Levian Bay: There are 9 Tasks listed in the zone completion list but I cannot find more than 7, no matter where I look. Here's my current list of done Tasks, does anyone know which ones I'm missing and/or where to start them?

Also I'm almost certain at this point that the big floating sphere thing above the Star-Com station needs a Scientist and Explorer cooperating to get into it; my Scientist can spawn an elevator up to it but once I'm there I can't see anything to do or anywhere to go, and I really doubt they put that elevator there for no reason... :tinfoil:

I count eight here. :psyduck:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Brain In A Jar posted:

Just picked the box copy up and started installing and it's telling me the digital component is 17 gigs.

Is this accurate? I was told by the devs in the last thread that what went to press for the physical copy was only like, a month behind.
That's the entire client I'm pretty sure. Offer to mail you the client on a USB stick still stands :v:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Furries ruin everything: https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60618-suggestion-remove-underpants-for-chua/

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
As if seeing your Chua in his undies on login due to clothes not loading wasn't awkward enough.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Mercurius posted:

That's the entire client I'm pretty sure. Offer to mail you the client on a USB stick still stands :v:

It's all good, it was just lying, I think. Of that I think I've actually pulled about 1.5gb, the rest was 'downloading' from the DVDs.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Full notes for this update: https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60823-update-notes-build-6714-622014/

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Brain In A Jar posted:

It's all good, it was just lying, I think. Of that I think I've actually pulled about 1.5gb, the rest was 'downloading' from the DVDs.
Yeah, there's been 3 or so 500MB patches between the start of Open Beta (which is the client I suspect the discs have) and launch so that sounds about right.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

So what do Hazak goons think about this?

I'm not really too bothered I think alot of the other guilds on the server will actually move, however I feel the new players today will decide to go with the highest pop servers.

Been leveling Architect and its going alot better than I thought it would to the point that I've nearly unlocked fabkit 2 of the resource stuff. I have a feeling its plugs like that that will sell for a fuckton on the AH :D of course goons will benefit from them too

Oh and something I found in the patch notes

quote:

Build 6714

Factional restrictions have been removed from the realm PvP rule-set. In essence, you may now create both Exile and Dominion characters on the same PvP-flagged realm!

That basically means I can finally make my busty anime aurin princess on Hazak :allears:

VoLaTiLe fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jun 3, 2014

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Patch Notes posted:

Factional restrictions have been removed from the realm PvP rule-set. In essence, you may now create both Exile and Dominion characters on the same PvP-flagged realm!

lmao

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Did I miss something?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Welp. It looks like this update actually pushed out through the launcher for me. I'm on version 6714 and it's giving me a 'no realms available' error instead of the client version error.

Guess 6710 was just borked for me, I might actually be able to play the game now!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Seems hilarious?

Wait, no it doesn't.

It's a good change.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Which server are you going to be on? I'll be home from work in a bit over an hour (provided your silly kiwi internet has finished downloading the client by that point, anyway).

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

panda clue posted:

Did I miss something?

The last thread imploding for like a billion pages about SPLITTING THE GOON PRESENCE because some people wanted to play Exile on a different server?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
They talked about that change on their countdown stream, by the by. The general idea was that the faction restriction was making server transfers more difficult (they didn't have a proper exception handler coded in for transferring a character of one side to a server where you have an opposing-side character), so the easiest solution was to just junk the entire idea and have unrestricted creation on all servers.

Some of the twitch viewers got a little rowdy about it, but I agree that it's probably for the best in terms of the game's health.

edit:

Brain In A Jar posted:

The last thread imploding for like a billion pages about SPLITTING THE GOON PRESENCE because some people wanted to play Exile on a different server?

Which is hilarious, as we now have like four guilds peacefully coexisting on the same website and mumble. :v:

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

VoLaTiLe posted:

So what do Hazak goons think about this?

I'm not really too bothered I think alot of the other guilds on the server will actually move, however I feel the new players today will decide to go with the highest pop servers.

I guess give it a few days to see what happens with the queues before deciding. Hopefully not too many new players will roll on the realm that says FULL, right?

Who am I kidding, of course they will.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Brain In A Jar posted:

I dunno, it seemed to work out fine?

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Holy gently caress, my FPS went from around 50 average to over 100 consistently. Those sure were some optimizations alrighty.

kastlyn
Jul 23, 2003

Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires.

WarLocke posted:

I just can't get into the Exiles. I really dig the cartoony empire Dominion stuff. I should probably hook up with <Out of Character> if that's still going.

I'm still catching up on the thread, so sorry if somebody already answered this. It is, and you should. :)

I'll be on an hour or two yet tonight if you are around for an invite.

edit: Or I would be if the servers would stay up.

kastlyn fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jun 3, 2014

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

panda clue posted:

Holy gently caress, my FPS went from around 50 average to over 100 consistently. Those sure were some optimizations alrighty.
If only the game wasn't booting everyone off every 15 seconds or so.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Bunleigh posted:

If only the game wasn't booting everyone off every 15 seconds or so.

You seem to be safe in your house, if you can stay online long enough to port there.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

panda clue posted:

You seem to be safe in your house, if you can stay online long enough to port there.

Wait I thought the servers were still down for maintenance?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

quote:

Cougar ‏@Cougardc 1m
#WildStar came back up after this patch in a bad state. Lots of problems with Acct Inv and disconnects. All the alarms have rung. Sorry :(

:eyepop:

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010
I can't help but think that the servers might be going down repeatedly because everyone is trying to brute force their way back into the game, and yet I don't want to stop trying myself.

Great frame-rate improvements though!

Edit: Managed to get stuck near a farm node, so every time the server went down I would log back in and the node would be back, I hope I get to keep all the items I hoovered up.

Propitious Jerk fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jun 3, 2014

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011

a cock shaped fruit posted:

For reference, does anyone know what 'Snax' name is on SomethingAwful? I am nearly finished his housing vid and want to call him out by goon name when I post it.

It's me!

Snaxx on Pergo on live.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
I guess you're not a real MMO until you put out a minor patch and completely break everything.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'm just glad I can actually play the game! Seems like forcing out an entirely new build as opposed to a revision forced it to pull down the latest version for me.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

I prescribe a dirt bath and a diet of freshwater karp.
Dangit, looks like they've taken the whole system down. Hopefully to fix the disconnection.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
I can't tell which launch was better. The pleb launch or the poopsock launch

Crux
Apr 9, 2007

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry...

Sorry.
During the disconnects, I got warped into Algoroc as a Dominion character. I had a lot of fun teasing newbies until I got sniped by a guard and sent back to the correct area.

I learned a lot too; you can't attack their vendors, and apparently can't engage people under a certain level.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Archonex posted:

Everyone is too busy enjoying the game from what i've seen. It's when a month or so goes by that the malaise with the gameplay sets in and people start concocting horrifying scenarios to roleplay out. That's when you have to start ignoring people who send you disturbing messages out of the blue.
I've seen lots of roleplayers so far, but I've been seeking them out. They're usually just doing it in say or emote. They also type out really long posts so it's easily lost in the spam of other channels. Plus it can be hard to tell the difference since they're mostly 'roleplaying' about the quests they're doing or the lore of the game, so it looks like any other normal conversation at a glance.

Archonex posted:

Also, I noticed some sort of chat option about roleplaying and ignoring it. Makes me curious if they segmented roleplaying off to an entirely different channel of chat or not.
I saw that too. It doesn't seem to do anything as far as I can tell.

Archonex posted:

Edit: The real question is, what's going to be this game's goldshire? We need to know so the place can be preemptively quarantined. :stonk:
All that stuff will take place in player housing, just like in CoX.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jun 3, 2014

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

Crux posted:

I learned a lot too; you can't attack their vendors, and apparently can't engage people under a certain level.

I think it's like WoW in that if they are not in a contested area and not PvP flagged they can't be attacked.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I assume the servers are down again?

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Yeah, I'm getting the wild disconnect and or Network Error: Unable to connect and all the other things with logging in.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
According to twitter, servers are down with no current ETA on a fix. They're working on it, though!

https://twitter.com/WildStar

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

They just tweeted:

quote:

Devs have been roused from their beds and are on-route to help investigate/resolve the issue. Team is working as fast as possible to resolve

As someone who spent the better part of a decade coding in the game development trenches, I know what that means. Poor sods.

But it does indicate that their QA process is lacking. Of course there can be differences between a test and a live environment, but this looks like a coding boo-boo where either the world server has a crashbug or the anti-afk code is being weird. Both usually things that should get caught in a regression test. But to be fair they were probably struggling to get everything ready for release, so they might have released a server build that wasn't fully QA'ed.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
According to twitter they're hauling devs out of their beds to come fix the shitstorm, it's kind of beautiful.

edit: beaten

kastlyn
Jul 23, 2003

Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires.

Aurainsoph posted:

Is there a NA server without a queue right now? If I roll there, can I join the goon server later?

I don't know about the pvp servers, but I've been playing on Evindra with no queue. There is a small goon presence Dominion side and a large goon presence Exile side.

I don't know with the paid character transfers if they'll allow pve > pvp server transfers or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
So while the servers are down, any other espers really disappointed with the 2 alternative finishers?

Reaper only hits 1 target and does similar damage to Mind Burst while telekinetic storm does more damage than mind burst (but over time) and it's aoe damage could be wasted if the other targets move away from the mob it's stuck to. Mind burst just hits every target with its full damage instantly and you don't have to worry about any of that.

I was hoping these spells were changed since I last played beta but nope they're still just abysmal. I really hate mind burst because the start of the cone is so small, which seems to gently caress with hit detection if you spin around quickly and cast it, but there's just no alternative.

• Locked thread