Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Seth Rollins is a bad bad man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Niwrad posted:

I'm fine with the turn but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense as to why he'd do. If HHH had gotten on the mic and announced Rollins as the #1 contender or something, it'd make sense. But why would you turn to join up with an inferior stable? What do they have to offer?

:10bux:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Niwrad posted:

I'm fine with the turn but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense as to why he'd do. If HHH had gotten on the mic and announced Rollins as the #1 contender or something, it'd make sense. But why would you turn to join up with an inferior stable? What do they have to offer?

I feel like the primary authority figure and "boss" in a company might have any number of things to offer someone. Whether it's a chance at the title or just a dump-truck of kayfabe money, I think there are some fun directions they could go as to exactly why Rollins turned.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

It is really weird to think that in storyline HHH and Randy Orton aren't good enough so they had to make TYLER BLACK all sorts of promises to help them not lose anymore.

I remember when Jimmy Jacobs did an early Age of the Fall promo saying,"Look at Tyler Black! He has everything it takes to be one of the greatest stars in the history of pro-wrestling!" and I kind of :rolleyes: because okay Jimmy, sure he is. Suuuuuuuure he is.

So basically you should always listen to Jimmy Jacobs, he warned us all about Austin Aries too!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

People forget they were teasing Rollins turning awhile ago when he walked out on them.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

SamuraiFoochs posted:

There was a dude, a grown-rear end man in the front row shouting "WHY?!" like Seth had just kicked his dog

My favorite part is that he was wearing the "I'm marking out!" shirt. Also I vaguely recall hearing someone shouting "YOU ARE RUDE. YOU ARE A RUDE MAN."

I'm super excited for this though because ever since Seth walked out on that match a while ago I've been jonesing for some Rollins v Ambrose.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is definitely one of those times I wish I had a time machine, so I could come back to 2009 or whenever and be like "CM Punk will hold the WWE Title for 434 days. Brock Lesnar will return at Wrestlemania XXX and break The Streak. Bryan Danielson will be the unified WWE World Heavyweight Champion winning two matches at Mania in one night, one over HHH clean, the other a triple threat with Orton and Batista. Oh, and a stable consisting of Tyler Black, Jon Moxley, and The Rock's cousin will exist for about a year and a half, own everybody as both heels and faces including proving themselves unequivocally better than a reunited Evolution. They'll be perhaps the best trio in terms of match quality in WWE history, be mad over, and then Tyler Black will turn heel and join up with HHH because Batista quit and HHH knows he can't beat them so he just buys out Black while a babyface Moxley looks on in horror. And El Generico and PAC are huge deals in developmental."

People would have me committed. :allears:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Niwrad posted:

What does being in the Shield have to offer? They keep winning and getting nowhere because they are fighting the dudes in control. If he joins them maybe he can get some personal glory instead of fighting for these guys he was struggling to keep together just a couple months ago.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I know Reigns is their focus right now, but I want to see Dean Ambrose cut an angry promo on Seth Rollins and have a match against him pretty bad.

Sin Cara coming out was the hardest I've laughed at WWE in awhile.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

The Landstander posted:

I know Reigns is their focus right now, but I want to see Dean Ambrose cut an angry promo on Seth Rollins and have a match against him pretty bad.

Sin Cara coming out was the hardest I've laughed at WWE in awhile.

I saw the crew set up the trampoline and died a little on the inside.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Y'know, watching that beatdown again, I really feel like this has the potential to be one of the hottest heel turns in recent memory. There was a dude, a grown-rear end man in the front row shouting "WHY?!" like Seth had just kicked his dog,
I think you'll find that was the one and only Brock Lesnar guy, of did this fame.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Is anyone going to talk about Batista's speech being a rib on Punk?

He complained about being promised a title match, losing a bunch and not getting a Royal Rumble rub, then quit. If that isn't a shot at Punk, then I don't know.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

So Harper and Rowan are a natural combo, Harper's a good promo and worker and Rowan is the psychopath brute. Where's that leave Bray after he's done selling the rapadoo?

So does WWE pay for Bob Backlund to show up at shows and be Bob Backlund? He was in Indianapolis doing stretches and waving to people at an entrance gate apparently. 20 bucks and you can get a picture of him putting you in the crossface chickenwing.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
If Seth this he is the best part of the Shield and that HHH and Randy are better partners than they are, then by his calculations adding him to Evolution would make Evolution the strongest stable ever.

Basically stop thinking about it so much lol.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Sigma posted:

He complained about being promised a title match, losing a bunch and not getting a Royal Rumble rub, then quit. If that isn't a shot at Punk, then I don't know.
Probably not. The rumors are that Batista is upset because they kept changing plans and all the other stuff he said tonight.

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
Wait no I remember the heartbreak that was almost as bad as the heartbreak I felt when Seth attacked his friends.

PTP's break up :cry:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Also the Shield was originally brought in to keep the belt on CM Punk because they were paid by Paul Heyman. If Seth was the architect then we see that he has a history of being persuaded by a paycheck. He kept Shield alive, waiting for the next score, but realized it may never come since the other members started fighting for themselves. Once he was presented with a new way to make some cash he took it, therefore showing that the Shield has out lived it's usefulness to him.

Lol now I'm thinking about it too much.

Edit: last thought before I go to sleep. Rollins is Michael, Ambrose is Trevor and Roman is Franklin.

Strawberry Panda fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jun 3, 2014

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

Sigma posted:

Well....that's almost pretty much what happened to Batista.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER
And the burial of Big Show continues...

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

What does being in the Shield have to offer? They keep winning and getting nowhere because they are fighting the dudes in control. If he joins them maybe he can get some personal glory instead of fighting for these guys he was struggling to keep together just a couple months ago.

Yeah, they can easily sell it as Seth turning by using Daniel Bryan as an example. Sure, he may be WWE champion right now, at least until MitB, and he did finally get one over on Trips and the Authority at Mania. But for 8 months leading up to that HHH was loving with him nonstop, even using The Shield themselves to beat him down at several points, but even after Bryan won the battle at Mania the war's still going on. He sent Kane after him to wreck him, his wife chose to quit her job rather than having him surrender the belt, and in a few weeks he has to defend the belt at MitB or it gets stripped from him and MitB match winner gets it instead.

Even after the Shield beat Evolution twice, HHH STILL wouldn't leave them alone, and rather than continue fighting a war of attrition with the Authority, he joins them. He's arrogant enough to think that since he's "The Architect" of the Shield he can dismantle them if he feels like regardless of what Ambrose and Reigns have to say. It'd make him a great foil for Bryan, Reigns, and Ambrose who continue to resist the Authority despite the continual odds they throw against them, whereas he selfishly gave in for personal glory by becoming HHH's lackey.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Punk did not get booed out of the building every night for a month when he was supposed to be a babyface, either.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
I'm hoping that next week's Raw where Rollins explains himself (probably) will be more interesting than just "they paid a lot of money", otherwise the turn is going to feel pretty forced to me. I know I shouldn't get too involved in the details because it's wrestling, but if the reasoning isn't fully fleshed out, it's gonna feel like they turned him because beyond kayfabe they need more main event heels and this was a convenient way to do it, overshadowing the storyline reasons.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Prozach posted:

I'm hoping that next week's Raw where Rollins explains himself (probably) will be more interesting than just "they paid a lot of money", otherwise the turn is going to feel pretty forced to me. I know I shouldn't get too involved in the details because it's wrestling, but if the reasoning isn't fully fleshed out, it's gonna feel like they turned him because beyond kayfabe they need more main event heels and this was a convenient way to do it, overshadowing the storyline reasons.

I have a feeling he'll be lured in by the things Batista was promised with a few allusions to the Shield near break up before WM.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They should've waited until now to push Batista instead of at the Rumble. Given him a win over Sheamus or someone at Payback and another at Summerslam. Time it with the buildup to Guardians of the Galaxy instead of sending him out at the Rumble where he won by doing nothing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Unguided posted:

They should've waited until now to push Batista instead of at the Rumble. Given him a win over Sheamus or someone at Payback and another at Summerslam. Time it with the buildup to Guardians of the Galaxy instead of sending him out at the Rumble where he won by doing nothing.

He was never going to be around for the build up to Guardians of the Galaxy. He's always been scheduled to leave in early June, do the movie publicity and then come back around Summerslam. It just looked like he was taking off even earlier after the problems last month. Some people just got it in their heads that WWE was only bringing him in so he could have the belt on the red carpet.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

You might as well break up The Shield if you aren't gonna allow Freebird Rules for every title.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

He was never going to be around for the build up to Guardians of the Galaxy. He's always been scheduled to leave in early June, do the movie publicity and then come back around Summerslam. It just looked like he was taking off even earlier after the problems last month. Some people just got it in their heads that WWE was only bringing him in so he could have the belt on the red carpet.

Funny how all that :bahgawd: he's got a guaranteed title reign in his contract!!! :bahgawd: seemed to disappear pretty fast.

Also if you've got a couple extra thousand dollars laying around, RF Video dug up one of the original ECW Arena signs and is selling it autographed by a bunch of ECW guys.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Funny how all that :bahgawd: he's got a guaranteed title reign in his contract!!! :bahgawd: seemed to disappear pretty fast.

Also if you've got a couple extra thousand dollars laying around, RF Video dug up one of the original ECW Arena signs and is selling it autographed by a bunch of ECW guys.

I don't even blame people that much for that belief, but this spring is a good example of why the WWE never guarantees anything like that (except maybe to the Rock.)

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I'm still really puzzled by what's going with John Cena and Bray Wyatt. It didnd't look like their feud was continuing. Cena cut a promo where he said a whole bunch of things Daniel Bryan probably should have said and then he wrestled Kane. Huh?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Daniel Bryan posted:

I'm still really puzzled by what's going with John Cena and Bray Wyatt. It didnd't look like their feud was continuing. Cena cut a promo where he said a whole bunch of things Daniel Bryan probably should have said and then he wrestled Kane. Huh?

Watching that Cena match tonight I almost thought "huh I wonder if he's gonna act darker and darker just a bit every week until the announcers figure out what's up" but then the WYATT RETURNS ON SMACKDOWN!! graphic came up and I thought "welp I guess he's gonna lure Fandango to the dark side now bleep blorp"

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
According to Dave, the possible Kane/Bryan match or WWE Championship Money in the Bank match is a shoot. They don't know when or if Bryan will be back for that show, but they're stripping him if he's not back by then.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Daniel Bryan posted:

According to Dave, the possible Kane/Bryan match or WWE Championship Money in the Bank match is a shoot. They don't know when or if Bryan will be back for that show, but they're stripping him if he's not back by then.

I tweeted I'd like 7 matches where the winner Q'd for the Title MITB and the loser Q'd for the briefcase MITB but I'm just some dumb mark who wants two MITB matches on the same show.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Daniel Bryan posted:

It's about time they strip him off it. Can't see him being match fit

Seth still hurts :(

Why Seth...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Seth still hurts :(

Why Seth...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqqguGmtHws

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

drat, Bryan's going to continue to look like a huge geek if the babyface champ can't make the "wrestle or lose the belt" deadline after a match has been made.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
One of my favorite things about wrestling are impacting, unexpected heel change swerves, and I did not see that one coming. This is something that is even more difficult to accomplish in the internet smark age. Unfortunately, I thought Raw was not that great, so I went to bed at 9:30 and missed the whole drat thing. gently caress my early bed time, and gently caress you, Seth Rollins. Hopefully this means a Bryan/Rollins program soon.

Was anyone going into last night's show expecting this to happen?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Thauros posted:

drat, Bryan's going to continue to look like a huge geek if the babyface champ can't make the "wrestle or lose the belt" deadline after a match has been made.

I'm actually wondering if he'll force himself to wrestle even if he's not ready, banking that Kane being one of the safest workers in the company they can put on a decent match without any risky bumps.

sleepingbuddha posted:

Was anyone going into last night's show expecting this to happen?

Batista leaving and Sheamus not turning kind of left some people wondering if there would be a Shield turn, but almost everyone believed it would've been Ambrose that turned first, or turned along with Rollins against Reigns. Rollins turning against both of them was unexpected.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Aurain posted:

First Kaitlyn abandons us all, now Seth Rollins.
What I'm trying to say is, never trust black and yellow headed people. :(

Believe in Nexus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Mob posted:

Watching that Cena match tonight I almost thought "huh I wonder if he's gonna act darker and darker just a bit every week until the announcers figure out what's up" but then the WYATT RETURNS ON SMACKDOWN!! graphic came up and I thought "welp I guess he's gonna lure Fandango to the dark side now bleep blorp"

Feuds Done. Cena basically said "Oh Bray Wyatt certainly isn't finished, but my feud with him is done and now Stephanie I gotta support my brother-in-law." Can I mention, it's really weird how Cena praises Triple H, even though Triple H is a monstrous Heel.

• Locked thread