Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

SO looking through the frame Data, it seems like boh Elena and Poison, the characters I'm most interested in, are using 1-frame links for their BNBs.

Easily my least favorite thing in SF4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spuckuk posted:

SO looking through the frame Data, it seems like boh Elena and Poison, the characters I'm most interested in, are using 1-frame links for their BNBs.

at least with poison you can drop the combo and have it be relatively safe. She also has an okay throw range I heard, so tick throws?

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

Spuckuk posted:

Japanese players were apparently using cr.lks to hit-confirm into rekkas v:v:v

edit: not sure if that's the case anymore.

Bovineicide fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jun 3, 2014

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

The Dark Id posted:

What is the batting average on "Game Will Be Unlocked" and actually being unlocked within 10 minutes of that time frame? I have got to imagine there are autistic little league teams swinging better at this point.

A swing and a miss even three hours later! Impressive!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Bovineicide posted:

Japanese players were apparently using cr.lks to hit-confirm into rekkas v:v:v

edit: not sure if that's the case anymore.

0 on hit according to the frame data app, soo nope.

Edit: Though it chains, so maybe?

Spuckuk fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 3, 2014

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spuckuk posted:

0 on hit according to the frame data app, soo nope.

the app has already been proven outdated and containing errors

play the game and see for yourself, oh wait no one can

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Spuckuk posted:

Boo, I am tired of 1 frame bnb's they are the least fun thing to do online :(

I have android so no app for me yet but I have a sneaking suspicion all of Decapre's stuff will be piss easy to land though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How are you supposed to handle what appears to be a 50/50 situation?
Let's say I block either Ken's Hurricane Kick or Dan's Hop Kicks. After that they can follow it up with a grab or a shoryuken and I'm not really sure if there's anything I can really do other than guess to grabtech or block.

It used to piss me off since it felt really random but lately I somehow been able to get it right almost every time, even when I thought that I should've been hit out of a grabtech with a shoryuken I somehow ended up blocking it.
Funny thing is that I have no clue about what (and even if) I'm doing right here.

EDIT: On an unrelated not. I just realized that shoryuken is spelled ShoRyuKen. Who's Sho? :downs:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jack Trades posted:

How are you supposed to handle what appears to be a 50/50 situation?
Let's say I block either Ken's Hurricane Kick or Dan's Hop Kicks. After that they can follow it up with a grab or a shoryuken and I'm not really sure if there's anything I can really do other than guess to grabtech or block.

It used to piss me off since it felt really random but lately I somehow been able to get it right almost every time, even when I thought that I should've been hit out of a grabtech with a shoryuken I somehow ended up blocking it.
Funny thing is that I have no clue about what (and even if) I'm doing right here.

Well best option is if you don't want to commit and you have screen to burn, backdash. A dp whiffs and you might get a punish, and on the throw you just both reset position.

If you are cornered, well then that is where you have to start making the hard choices :shobon:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Good lord Ive been spoiled so much by the PC versions graphics. Just popped in the PS3 one and holy poo poo what resolution is this, 640x480?

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

TL Note: Keikaku means Moo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAtd6NBvVA0

This would be better, I feel. lolcapcom

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
This level of incompetence is almost impressive.

I'm going to bed. Please let there be some patch by the time I wake.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I post from the FUTURE (9:30am GMT).

Still no Ultra.

Where is my game Capcom? I was told there was a game for me?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Haha I turn on the 360 to have a check, get super excited when I see ULTRA...

costume pack :smith:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its up
29mb update when you launch AE

This will only make me happy if xbl gets delays as long as psn

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jun 3, 2014

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fauxtool posted:

This will only make me happy if xbl gets delays as long as psn

It's already up on Xbox Live.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

What would happen if I bought that from EU? Would it still work?

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

What would happen if I bought that from EU? Would it still work?

The PSN version? It would only work if you have the disc or download version from the North American region. Add-ons are locked to the same region as where the game was sold at.
Xbox version, I have no idea.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jun 3, 2014

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Btw, what is the official explanation on glorious PC master race getting (even more) hosed on this Ultra deal?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Laputanmachine posted:

Btw, what is the official explanation on glorious PC master race getting (even more) hosed on this Ultra deal?

"Be thankful it's not Super all over again!"

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Xbox is now live for EU!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Wow Decapre's wiggle charge inputs are super hard for me to jam out in the heat of the moment. Just gotta take them slow. If I go too fast I can never get the moves out.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Bluh, dled Ultra for 360 using the link provided, get into the game says data is dlc data is corrupted and it won't load.

I don't know what the jazz is going on but I guess I will delete and try again but just want to know if anyone else hits this roadblock. I am using the SSF4 disc with the AE download btw.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Poison's U2 does way more damage than I remember from Final Round, did they buff this or do I have really early Alzheimer's?

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Hilarious Fei tech.

The recognition buff to his cl.HP means you can do some loopy poo poo with it.

cr.LK > cl.HP xx [special] works.
cr.LK xx cl.LP > cl.HP xx [special] works.

In other words, by removing Fei's BNB and tweaking another move to hit more consistently after CWs and such, they gave him a new BNB which does about 60-70 more damage than the old one, AND it works on crouching opponents.

Ahahahahahahahaha.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
someone get frame data on poison's overhead special. Is only the EX version an overhead?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Rolento, you are everything I have ever wanted. Now I can put Cody behind me and work towards THE UTOPIA with your silly ultra that I can get into with like basically anything I think I can.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is basically SF4 rekka edition with how good all the rekka characters seem to be.

Is there a safe setup for Elena's healing?

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jun 3, 2014

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Gootecks explains it all.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Well, I get home in about 9 hours, we'll see if Ultra is up for 360 yet then.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Fauxtool posted:

this is basically SF4 rekka edition with how good all the rekka characters seem to be.

This isn't true for Abel, is it. :sigh:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Anonymous Robot posted:

This isn't true for Abel, is it. :sigh:

You knew the answer in your heart. At least we can actually get something off of second low, you know, if the opponent is asleep.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Why would anyone use anything other than the janitor costume for Rolento? It's maybe the best costume in the game.

Couple open lobby streams if you are like me and can't play right now:

http://www.twitch.tv/pandaxgaming

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Spuckuk posted:

Well that sucks I wanted to try her but I'm not trying to do 1 frame links online. I wonder if there's a way to make her work without them? Is her zoning game and poke range any good?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Well I guts I'll wait a couple of months then for this

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

2 months of pretending there is still hope for Dhalsim :negative:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

115MB SFIVAE PC update. Any idea what's changed?

EDIT: Nevermind, just first-install bug fix.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I have the game on disc and I plan on downloading Ultra today, but I also kind of want to get AE off of games for gold on the 16th so I don't have to use a disc anymore. I wonder if this will bork my game or not.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Elephant Ambush posted:

Well that sucks I wanted to try her but I'm not trying to do 1 frame links online. I wonder if there's a way to make her work without them? Is her zoning game and poke range any good?

You can definitely do one-frame links online. If you are hit confirming the latency won't actually affect it; it's muscle memory either way.

Don't play a character that needs one-frame links if you are just not going to do them. That is just willingly gimping the character so bad, especially if it's an essential BnB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
So the code Gamestop sent me for preordering the USF4 upgrade turned out to be a $15 Microsoft credit so I could go buy it on the store myself

Wasn't it supposed to be a code that came with the costumes?

• Locked thread