Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

rocket USA posted:

It's me!

Snaxx on Pergo on live.

Want to be credited as Snaxx then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

THE PWNER posted:

So while the servers are down, any other espers really disappointed with the 2 alternative finishers?

Reaper only hits 1 target and does similar damage to Mind Burst while telekinetic storm does more damage than mind burst (but over time) and it's aoe damage could be wasted if the other targets move away from the mob it's stuck to. Mind burst just hits every target with its full damage instantly and you don't have to worry about any of that.

I was hoping these spells were changed since I last played beta but nope they're still just abysmal. I really hate mind burst because the start of the cone is so small, which seems to gently caress with hit detection if you spin around quickly and cast it, but there's just no alternative.
Darn, I was looking forward to unlocking Reaper. Oh, well. I can deal with using Mind Burst forever I guess.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chris Thomas ‏@CRB_Buiden 2m
A quick update on the #WildStar server status. We found and fixed the crash, prepping a hotfix now.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Wow, even the NCSoft account page is down.

I know this happens to every MMO but you'd think someone, at some point, would learn from this happening every. single. time.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's not that they don't prepare for it, because they do, but this has been nothing but good news to sell to investors.

We had to make more servers. We had so much traffic. Peak players were <x> amount.

React to who is playing it instead of overpaying and losing money.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

PederP posted:

They just tweeted:

As someone who spent the better part of a decade coding in the game development trenches, I know what that means. Poor sods.

But it does indicate that their QA process is lacking. Of course there can be differences between a test and a live environment, but this looks like a coding boo-boo where either the world server has a crashbug or the anti-afk code is being weird. Both usually things that should get caught in a regression test. But to be fair they were probably struggling to get everything ready for release, so they might have released a server build that wasn't fully QA'ed.

lol regression testing wats dat*? :downs:

*I have run into devs who did not bother with anything but the most basic testing, like they ran the code and checked if it CTDed on startup and then sent it to production if it didn't. :cripes:

panda clue
May 23, 2014
So we have been asked to move to Warbringer because Pergo pops are really high, but as anyone who has played a mmo before will tell you this sort of choice ends in disaster. Warbringer will inevitably end up with a minuscule population and open-world pvp and raids will become a pipe dream. Queues on Pergo will eventually go down, but so will pops on Warbringer.

The merge is actually one of the better results, worst case we will have to move to a real server by rerolling our characters there. Who knows when or if character transfers will be available? I'll just say: Don't get too attached.

Farts
Nov 4, 2005

panda clue posted:

So we have been asked to move to Warbringer because Pergo pops are really high, but as anyone who has played a mmo before will tell you this sort of choice ends in disaster. Warbringer will inevitably end up with a minuscule population and open-world pvp and raids will become a pipe dream. Queues on Pergo will eventually go down, but so will pops on Warbringer.

The merge is actually one of the better results, worst case we will have to move to a real server by rerolling our characters there. Who knows when or if character transfers will be available? I'll just say: Don't get too attached.

Warbringer queue at prime time are about 1hr 45 minutes.

Styrka
Jul 18, 2010
Really enjoying this game, managed to finish the head start on my warrior with 68 Elder Gems and some decent gear. Some painful moments grinding mobs for leveling, but otherwise a very smooth experience. I just hope I don't get too attracted to any other classes too soon.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

panda clue posted:

I feel like I've seen this post before.

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Want to be credited as Snaxx then?

Sure.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Gotta say I was getting pretty frustrated with certain aspects of the game, but I'm starting to get the hang of some of it.

I wish crafting was a bit more understandable and had the ability to que crafting.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Seebach posted:

I wish crafting was a bit more understandable and had the ability to que crafting.

There's an addon for that. Kind of. You still can't queue anything that involves circuit boards and since my only character is a weaponsmith I haven't bothered.

E: Clarfication: Addon does not make crafting more understandable.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

So I haven't tanked in a mmo before this one yet, and what with all the crazy poo poo flying around its kinda hard to tell who is and isn;t currently aggro'ed on me sometimes. Is there a mod that can help me out by making this more readily apparent?

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Servers are back up!

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Is there any path that is clearly more enjoyable/better than others? Or any path that sucks most?

I know that kind of stuff should be subjective, but I thought I'd ask on the off chance that there is a general consensus.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Mr Scumbag posted:

Is there any path that is clearly more enjoyable/better than others? Or any path that sucks most?

I know that kind of stuff should be subjective, but I thought I'd ask on the off chance that there is a general consensus.

I've seen several complaints about scientist, simply because their path completion for each zone requires finding all the datacubess, but they don't get arrows to them like other path objectives, since datacubess are lore for everyone, so it would be "unfair".

As a result, scientists tend to do more exploring than explorers, who get nice shiny arrows telling them where to go.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Hipster Occultist posted:

So I haven't tanked in a mmo before this one yet, and what with all the crazy poo poo flying around its kinda hard to tell who is and isn;t currently aggro'ed on me sometimes. Is there a mod that can help me out by making this more readily apparent?
The default UI has a ToT indicator but it's really small and only shows the portrait of the target. PotatoUI can probably help you out.

I wish it had a floating combat text of "Aggro" or "Lost Aggro" like wow-SCT has.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
I'm a lore nerd but I don't really feel like putting up with the Scientist gameplay. Once settler gets rolling, resources from mob drops cover your building easily if you're just building for path xp, for example, which means the only real tedium is picking up 5 bits of garbage per town to hand to a project manager, but especially some monster scans give way too little progress per scan, so you either murder a heap of extra mobs or mess around with the holo decoy to scan without having to murder.

It just feels like Scientist takes me out of the game flow way more without side benefits like the Explorer getting up into cool spots with great vistas :shrug: I guess I don't mind being taken out of the questing flow to climb a cool mountain, but do mind it if I'm running around Celestion looking for fart bubbles in lakes to scan.

That's mostly personal preference though - honestly I mostly pick paths by how good I think the costume looks, and the Dominion scientist digs look good enough to put up with it I guess. Depends on how you're looking to dress up your space barbie, since I feel the Dominion Explorer and Settler also look really cool. :v:

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jun 3, 2014

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
HEY LOOK I FIGURED OUT THE FORMULA AND TRANSPOSED THE (theoretical) POWERS OF ALL CRAFTED WEAPONS

I am working on fixing the ratios, which will ALWAYS BE SLIGHTLY INACCURATE, even once I get the correct ratio in, but the spreadsheet will still serve its intended purpose of serving as a good comparison of "should I upgrade via crafting?"

that answer is almost always yes btw

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
So, there's a EU goon guild that rolled on the RP server, right? Unless I am misremembering.

Don't see anything about them in the OP.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

RottenK posted:

So, there's a EU goon guild that rolled on the RP server, right? Unless I am misremembering.

They have to, you know, talk to me or something.

I don't have agents reporting every goon organization in Wildstar

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

FYI, if anyone is on an AMD card or is generally having framerate issues, forcing DX9 by adding -dx9 onto the end of the shortcut path radically increased my performance, and I highly recommend it.

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.

Brain In A Jar posted:

FYI, if anyone is on an AMD card or is generally having framerate issues, forcing DX9 by adding -dx9 onto the end of the shortcut path radically increased my performance, and I highly recommend it.

YMMV. I lost 10FPS by switching to DX9. 7850, latest beta drivers.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

loquacius posted:

Space Jam doesn't seem to have an official list of inviters anywhere; is there some resource for me to figure out who I can message that's online?
Maxmaps is one, there's another one I can't remember the name of. As of yesterday afternoon there were only two people that can invite to the PvE guild.

Anybody know if you have to be logged in to get a guild invite?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

RottenK posted:

There's a few individuals but we haven't worked out how many or made a guild yet. As far as I know there's at least 3 exile goons ( including me). I don't know of any dominion.

Roll there and I'll look into making a guild. It's only one gold isn't it?

Name ideas?

edit: 10 gold, not 1 gold. So I can't afford to make it yet. The wife and I have around 3 gold between us. We definitely need to set up a Lightspire guild though. Can I get an interest check / name suggestions, then we'll look at gathering the gold, getting it in the OP, getting a forum for it on wildstargoons and making it?

My (bad) ideas:
General Bullship
Space Bees
D-Generation eXile
Goonlite Aurin Ranch

Masonity fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 3, 2014

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
I just read a thread by a guy who was suggesting that tradeskills should only unlock at level 50 when you can scour zones for materials without aggroing mobs, or are rich enough to buy all you need. He seemed to have put a lot of thought into this.

Now, leveling to 50 and then powering through a tradeskill is totally cool and I've done it myself with WoW alts.

But I actually do enjoy working tradeskills as I level, since it's a welcome diversion, so proposing to just lock em out till 50 seems baffling to me. The game already allows your way of tradeskilling, what do you gain by making it mandatory? :psyboom: Besides, it's a good way to get off-spec gear for people who wanna tank or heal. Especially when an MMO is still young seems like a good time to raise a tradeskill organically as you level and benefit from its results.

Is this just another outgrowth of the "gently caress casual scum" mentality in the Wildstar community, locking out a part of the game till max level for no reason? I mean yes. There are things that we do expect to unlock only at max level. Raids. Better drops. Higher level dungeons. But just...crafting, when part of crafting is used to decorate your house and can be used to dress up your space barbie? I don't care about its stats, Type I Platinum Weave Helmet is just a cool set of goggles.

I don't get it. Why remove choice when the game already lets you play it the way you like, AND other ways?

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 3, 2014

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Psykmoe posted:

I don't get it. Why remove choice when the game already lets you play it the way you like, AND other ways?

Because he's a shitlord with crab mentality. "I don't do tradeskills until max level, therefore nobody else should!"

Evindra Dominion dudes, who are the invite contacts for <Out of Character>? I want to get my Spellslinger in it.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I finally embraced the fact I love running around as a Spellslinger and am now only slightly ashamed to be playing an Aurin.

It's like some kind of fuzzy brain disease. :(

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Psykmoe posted:

I don't get why you would post a thousand words about some other guy's dumb idea.

Syrek
Jan 13, 2010

Meeeeeeeeehhh
I dunno 'bout that
I'd love to level up crafting as I go but as far as weaponsmith is concerned it seems to be hella expensive. So it's either making lovely weapons that will be instantly replaced or having a mount as soon as the game allows you to.
Between doing quests and planting a metric fuckton of explorer flags everywhere and mining every iron node I see, the sheer volume of distractions in this game slow down actual leveling to a crawl.

That said, I had an iron node pop out the ground and run away from me today. :psyduck:

Cnaiur
Jan 14, 2013
Yeah, same here. Think I'll leave the entire exploration tree for what it is right now and focus on gaining some actual levels.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Psykmoe posted:

I just read a thread by a guy who was suggesting that tradeskills should only unlock at level 50 when you can scour zones for materials without aggroing mobs, or are rich enough to buy all you need. He seemed to have put a lot of thought into this.
Because he's a shitler who thinks that his way of playing the game should be the only way of playing the game.

Remember his name cause he'll probably pop up in other threads with equally dumb suggestions.

Truth
Feb 24, 2005

panda clue posted:

Fyi this same guy made this same post on the wildstargoons forums and it's equally dumb here.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Just noticed EU peeps get free realm transfers now. Get ready for more polls guys :shepface:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Psykmoe posted:

Now, leveling to 50 and then powering through a tradeskill is totally cool and I've done it myself with WoW alts.

But I actually do enjoy working tradeskills as I level, since it's a welcome diversion, so proposing to just lock em out till 50 seems baffling to me. The game already allows your way of tradeskilling, what do you gain by making it mandatory? :psyboom: Besides, it's a good way to get off-spec gear for people who wanna tank or heal. Especially when an MMO is still young seems like a good time to raise a tradeskill organically as you level and benefit from its results.

Is this just another outgrowth of the "gently caress casual scum" mentality in the Wildstar community, locking out a part of the game till max level for no reason? I mean yes. There are things that we do expect to unlock only at max level. Raids. Better drops. Higher level dungeons. But just...crafting, when part of crafting is used to decorate your house and can be used to dress up your space barbie? I don't care about its stats, Type I Platinum Weave Helmet is just a cool set of goggles.

Get used to this kind of mentality. It won't go away. That being said, play multiplayer games with like minded people and ignore obvious asshats :)

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
I'm enjoying the Explorer path a lot despite early concerns that the path abilities are kind of weak. The vistas are cool and I love the travel flags. They're basically explorer-only highways through a zone and they usually connect up all the major questing hubs. Nothing quite as fun as running with 5 stacking 30% movement speed buffs. The platforming hasn't been bad either - I just have to turn off double tap to dodge and look straight down with my camera, just like in Guild Wars 2.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Masonity posted:

There's a few individuals but we haven't worked out how many or made a guild yet. As far as I know there's at least 3 exile goons ( including me). I don't know of any dominion.

Roll there and I'll look into making a guild. It's only one gold isn't it?

Name ideas?

You guys are on Lightspire, right?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

RottenK posted:

You guys are on Lightspire, right?

Yeah.

Also just edited that post to add in that I will be making a guild once I can afford it, and asking for name suggestions.

I'm pretty sold on Goonlite Aurin Ranch to be honest, so we REALLY need better ideas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Neckbeard
Jan 1, 2010

The Exiles have a useable DDR machine :3: I got silver and now I have to wait a day to try for gold.

• Locked thread