Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Pomp posted:

Jorge Joestar facts, apparently

:magical:

And this is from a novel about the life of Joseph's father? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

Doesn't Over Heaven try to characterize Dio as more of a tragic figure who, among other weird things, actually liked his dad?

Nope. I actually read it and Dio hates his dad even more.

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
The side manga is generally a lot more coherent than the novels and fills in some of the holes left by the series, such as the birth of Jolyne:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Doesn't Over Heaven try to characterize Dio as more of a tragic figure who, among other weird things, actually liked his dad?

Sort of. The older Dio says that he sort-of liked his dad when he was very young for what he now recognizes as stupid reasons. I wouldn't call Over Heaven's interpretation of Dio "tragic." It's more than he's...mellowed since the events of Part 1, while still being clearly evil and somewhat insane.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I like to think of the Jorge Joestar novel as a completely unrelated work which just happens to have the same names as characters from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

halleys comet posted:

The side manga is generally a lot more coherent than the novels and fills in some of the holes left by the series, such as the birth of Jolyne:

What I got from this is that Kakyoin is a Pokemon.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao I just started reading about the Jorge Joestar novel and apparently the "GER saved Giorno from the effects of Made in Heaven" theory was true. Also it's not only Morioh who grows legs, but the Passione island headquarters too, holy poo poo.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

lmao I just started reading about the Jorge Joestar novel and apparently the "GER saved Giorno from the effects of Made in Heaven" theory was true. Also it's not only Morioh who grows legs, but the Passione island headquarters too, holy poo poo.

Oh my god please tell me they fight.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Seriously, is any part of this book actually about Joseph's father? :stonk:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pomp posted:

Rohan survived the universal reset by being so concentrated on his manga work that he didn’t even notice Made in Heaven’s effect, somehow making him immune to it.

This is basically canon though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Seriously, is any part of this book actually about Joseph's father? :stonk:

Yes, there is one part dedicated to George II, the other half is dedicated to the author writing ridiculous stories about long time existing fan theories and they admit it's for fun and not meant to be taken seriously.

Not that this is going to stop comments like...

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I like to think of the Jorge Joestar novel as a completely unrelated work which just happens to have the same names as characters from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Beef Waifu posted:

Yes, there is one part dedicated to George II, the other half is dedicated to the author writing ridiculous stories about long time existing fan theories and they admit it's for fun and not meant to be taken seriously.

Now I'm sad that all the crazy poo poo isn't somehow related to the George story.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

halleys comet posted:

CLAMP loving sucks.

Not because they supposedly defiled Jojo or anything, but because their writing and art are consistently bad.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Not that this is going to stop comments like...

I'm sorry, but there's Jojo weird, and then there's just weird.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The idea that JoJo fans of all people are acting like they have standards for weirdness is hilarious when that's its bread and butter.

"Four testicles? ARAKI, YOU'RE A GENIUS!"
"Oh man, 36 Kars? Gross, this isn't my JoJo, never let this be seen again."

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Four balls makes sense in context.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

JoJo works the same way.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

WickedHate posted:

The 36 souls might make as well, given all we know about the context is: there's 36 world resets

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Bleh, I don't like how all of Giorno's character development happens in a flashback.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

The idea that JoJo fans of all people are acting like they have standards for weirdness is hilarious when that's its bread and butter.

"Four testicles? ARAKI, YOU'RE A GENIUS!"
"Oh man, 36 Kars? Gross, this isn't my JoJo, never let this be seen again."

The Jorge Joestar novel wasn't written by Araki.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Soulcleaver posted:

CLAMP loving sucks.

Not because they supposedly defiled Jojo or anything, but because their writing and art are consistently bad.

I'm still surprised that not only a woman, but a GROUP of women managed to come up with a series concept as misogynistic as Chobits.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm still surprised that not only a woman, but a GROUP of women managed to come up with a series concept as misogynistic as Chobits.

They were just on the cutting edge of Moeconomics.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

The Jorge Joestar novel wasn't written by Araki.

No poo poo, the point is that Araki writes stupid insane poo poo too.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 2, 2014

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The doujin with all the Jojos making doujins makes more sense than the extra stuff in the Jorge novel.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

The doujin with all the Jojos making doujins makes more sense than the extra stuff in the Jorge novel.

Heh, I liked that one. I also like the Little By Little doujins.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Broseph Brostar posted:

What is this?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Little by Little is great, even if I don't get all the Japanese puns.

FirstAidKite posted:

What is this?

It's a doujin where Pucci and Valentine join forces to retrieve every single Jojo from every arc and have a contest to see which arc's Jojos can make the best doujin of other manga. The art is pretty good and the characters are faithful to their original art style. There's a page every Jojo walking, which includes three Josephs and three Jotaros.

I'd link to it, but I'm at work and it's found at the same place you'd presumably find Jojo yaoi.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Broseph Brostar posted:

Little by Little is great, even if I don't get all the Japanese puns.

It's a doujin where Pucci and Valentine join forces to retrieve every single Jojo from every arc and have a contest to see which arc's Jojos can make the best doujin of other manga. The art is pretty good and the characters are faithful to their original art style. There's a page every Jojo walking, which includes three Josephs and three Jotaros.

I'd link to it, but I'm at work and it's found at the same place you'd presumably find Jojo yaoi.

I meant what is it called

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The Joestar Family vs. the President

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 2, 2014

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Wow you weren't kidding about the art. It looks like Araki himself drew it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Broseph Brostar posted:

The Joestar Family vs. the President

Did I just read someone's rant against a publishing company through the medium of jojo characters?

I don't know anything about manga publishing so I didn't really get any of it but they did a decent job of aping Araki's different styles

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Reading that now and I did not expect George and Jorge to be a part of the contest.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Hey guys, I'm running a JJBA Fate Accelerated game over in the appropriate subforum. Player spots are already largely filled up but if anyone wants to peanut-gallery it, you're welcome to.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

They're all a bunch of creepy yaoi fangirls. They're the ur-creep, the crazed self-hating women who fawn over guys that look like girls loving.

I don't like Clamp.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Personally, I had no problem with CLAMP. Until I found out that the manga version of Cardcaptor Sakura had lesbian undertones between elementary students.

Not to say that homosexual relationships are bad or anything. I just don't want to read about elementary school kids having them in a series about fighting magic card monsters. :ughh:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 3, 2014

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Personally, I had no problem with CLAMP. Until I found out that the manga version of Cardcaptor Sakura had lesbian undertones between elementary students.

Not to say that homosexual relationships are bad or anything. I just don't want to read about elementary school kids having them in a series about fighting magic card monsters. :ughh:

Hahha there was a relationship linking someone made and it's a huge clusterfuck.

Ah here it is. It is in Korean but you get the point

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Wait, Sakura's dad is in love with one of her classmates?!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Sakura's mom used to be an student of her dad iirc, that series was weird.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Welcome to Anime. Have you heard about Kill La Kill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Honest Thief posted:

Wait, Sakura's dad is in love with one of her classmates?!

Expect the unexpected now

• Locked thread