Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

gatz posted:

Don't any of you motherfuckers dare post Dexter spoilers, in or out of tags. I just finished season 2. Don't tempt me.
Does it count as a spoiler to say don't watch the last two seasons, because they're poo poo?

gatz posted:

There are really two ways this can go: peacefully, or a bloodbath. The third option actually makes us fail the quest, ending it immediately without any experience gain. No sense in doing that. I'm letting the thread decide the ultimate fate of the Santa Monica Slasher. He did it for justice, to avenge his family. Just remember, this is what his justice looks like:
I say peacefully. It seems a bit hypocritical to talk about how he shouldn't be killing people and then kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Thread seems to be leaning toward kill him but I'll toss in my vote for talk him out of it

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

"Don't kill people! I'll have to kill you for that!" sounded ridiculous when Wolverine said it and it sounds ridiculous now. Talk him out of his tree.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Option 2, kill him.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Judge him according to his own laws. Death.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Gotta know that when a dog's gone bad, there's nothing you can do but take him out back. Put ol' yeller down.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
That movie sucked! And Stephen King can be pretty hit and miss in general. Don't kill the man.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Talk him down I'm sure he will listen to reason and will totally not backfire in the slightest.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
Killing them quickly and cleanly would be justice. Killing them in the exact same way his family died would be vengeance. Killing them in a way that makes a veteran cop in the World of Darkness admit that it's the second worst thing he's ever seen is madness. Mad dogs get put down.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Make him think you've let him go and as he turns to leave slit his throat.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

PureRok posted:

Make him think you've let him go and as he turns to leave slit his throat.

Does the game work that way? I thought pretty much every time you let somebody leave after a conversation like that it locks you into a cutscene as they walk away and you don't regain the ability to move until they're entirely gone to prevent sequence breaking in the same way the Elysium prevents it.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
Kill him. He seems to think he owes no allegiance to any person or law. Any amount of persuasion is unlikely to change that.

Not in practical terms, since we're a protagonist of an RPG and have bullshit persuasion powers even without Domination whenever a dialogue tree is involved, but I think this just makes more sense given the situation.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

OAquinas posted:

Put ol' yeller down.

Hey now! :mad:

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
Finish him.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Talk him down. He ain't a wight yet.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer
:commissar:

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Hey, we're only unalive because we got spared from summary execution. Pay it forward. Talk him down.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
The Last Nights are here, nothing matters. This poor creature will be cleansed like the rest. Spare him now so he may see the pointlessness of his petty revenge before he is viciously torn asunder during the final judgement. All shall be made equal, as all shall know the Final Death.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Talk the poor bastard down.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Kill him

Justice doesn't exclude this guy.

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.
Talk him down. And Gatz, if you have more fun making updates by throwing out of universe stuff like that in, then I suggest you keep it up. It looks like you had fun doing that. :)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
fail the quest deliberately as an exercise in ennui!

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Ghostwoods posted:

Hey, we're only unalive because we got spared from summary execution. Pay it forward. Talk him down.

We were up for execution because some dude Embraced us when we didn't even know what that meant, not because we gutted several guys and hung them on lamp posts as an example like some kind of urban Vlad Tepes. :colbert:

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
This went way past justice or even revenge. He's already declared himself judge, jury and executioner; kill him before he decides that jaywalking is a capital offence.

E: Besides. What did he do when we first saw him? Ran out the back door and led us through a merry chase wherein he kicked entire cars at our head and tried to lead us into an explosion. Did he try to reason? To explain himself? No. His first instinct was to kill the PC, and if we hadn't have been cautious, he would have succeeded. So much for "justice." The whole vigilante routine would have gone over a lot better if he'd actually stuck to criminals.

Besides, dude might be lying. He is, after all, a vicious serial killer.

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 3, 2014

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Aithon posted:

We were up for execution because some dude Embraced us when we didn't even know what that meant, not because we gutted several guys and hung them on lamp posts as an example like some kind of urban Vlad Tepes. :colbert:

I'm sure it's just youthful high spirits. You know, a jape. Boys will be boys...

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!
Kill him.

Seriously, the guy has already said the only time he feels anything is when he butchers people. He's already too far gone, and even if he wasn't he's doing some seriously hosed up poo poo. This isn't an innocent guy wrapped up in something bigger than him, he's just outright psychotic.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Ephemeron posted:

"And yet. I will root out the bad seed. I will weed out the worst of you. I will prune my dark tree, in the manner that my Father, Adam, taught me."

Do it by the book (of Nod). Send him to Final Death.

"Be as a King: your sacred duty is to protect the weak and fight the mighty."

As terrible as his methods were, his motive was honorable. This man has, in his weakness, let the Beast control his actions. He must be protected, even from himself. Talk him down if you can, but do not kill him.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Pffft. You're a vampire. Stake his rear end and leave him to die in the sunshine.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Nah, just stake him with rare tropical hardwood that takes forever to decompose and then encase him in cement and chuck that in the ocean.

Give him some time out to think about what he's done. He'll thank you in a thousand years when he gets free.

I forget, do vamps stay aware when staked?

E: the real answer is to talk him down, take him under your wing and slowly manipulate him into becoming your attack dog.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 4, 2014

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Talk him down, we need more vampire blood for our ghoul after all.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Kick his rear end, sea bass.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Pvt.Scott posted:

I forget, do vamps stay aware when staked?
Nope, they fall into torpor when staked.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

gatz posted:

But remember, this is what his justice looks like:

Yes it does. Talk him down.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Stop watching Dexter now while you still can. Season 2 is pretty good, but Season 3 sucks. Season 4 has a great villain, but everything post Season 4 is some of the worst TV out there.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

He said it himself: he has nothing left and cares nothing for the rules of society. Reward him with the death he seeks.

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug
Talk him down

Mostly becaus I love persuasion options.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
How did this guy wind up vampired, though? Someone had to bite him.

GrimRevenant
Mar 28, 2011

Je Reviendrai.
Talk him down, Melissa is good at talking. :words:

Albeit this fight is fun and there is at least one interesting way to win it, so I’m glad you’ll be showing multiple solutions. (And am curious as to the third!)

Glazius posted:

How did this guy wind up vampired, though? Someone had to bite him.
Some clans put more time and effort into supporting childer than others. Ventrue and Tremere have extensive grooming and education of neonates before their presentation to broader Kindred society. Gangrel, on the other hand, are somewhat notorious for stalking and siring those they see as having potential and then abandoning them to survive or die by their own devices, which is probably why they have more bloodlines than the next two clans put together. To a great or lesser extent, there are those with each of these tendencies in every clan.

We’re definitely lucky we didn't end up like this guy.

GrimRevenant fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jun 4, 2014

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Talk him down, so that the game gets snappy at you for choosing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Kill the psychopath The guy has clearly gone beyond justice into brutal and unnecessary violence motivated by revenge. Plus, why would he stop now? He tried to kill us just for coming to see him. He didn't know why. For all he knew, we came to give him a coupon for free blood.

• Locked thread