Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

It's also going to include the "regular" missions in Tokyo, but those will be patched in later, sometime between issues 9 and 10 :(

Is that the mission pack that's going to cost extra funcom points?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yue
Jun 3, 2012

CUT, CUT, CUT! I said MORE prancing, damnit!
I think this just broke me as a TSW player. I'm gonna go find somewhere quiet to cry now.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Yue posted:

I think this just broke me as a TSW player. I'm gonna go find somewhere quiet to cry now.

Once you get over that you can join the rest of us. It's kind of fun just watching Funcom slowly make the game shittier and shittier.

Has it been confirmed we won't even get a dungeon until issue 11? It sounded like that in their previews but they haven't admitted that yet.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

Has it been confirmed we won't even get a dungeon until issue 11? It sounded like that in their previews but they haven't admitted that yet.

You didn't hear? The dungeon is going to be a hallway that resembles a couple filthy agartha branches.

Also, they just pushed Born Leader to beyond power level 9000.
* Born Leader's heal effect is now able to critically heal

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 3, 2014

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Len posted:

Is that the mission pack that's going to cost extra funcom points?

Naah, presumably they'll just patch the missions in at some point and you'll need Issue 9 to play them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

Naah, presumably they'll just patch the missions in at some point and you'll need Issue 9 to play them.

Then where does the mission pack they announced fall into this Tokyo pile of disappointment? Because I remember reading about a Tokyo mission pack.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Does anyone have a trial key available?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Cheston posted:

It's also going to include the "regular" missions in Tokyo, but those will be patched in later, sometime between issues 9 and 10 :(

Wait so the actual expansion isn't going to come out on Wednesday? Just bits and pieces of it?

Piell posted:

Does anyone have a trial key available?

W4H47ACEPL73QMLKN45D

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
The monthly director's letter gets straight to the point this time.

quote:

Hi everybody,

Tokyo is coming this week.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Prepare for disappointment!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

HughGRect posted:

Prepare for disappointment!

My colon is ready.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.
You'd think they would learn not to release stuff when there's stiff competition, like every other time they've put out hyped content.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tldr; you can buy a bare bones Tokyo but you're going to have to buy both mission packs to get everything in Issue 9.

gently caress you Funcom.

And now I'm waiting for Chestons rebuttal where he says I'm just spewing bile and Funcom is doing the right thing.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
I know I'm enjoying ff14 right now at least....

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Len posted:

Tldr; you can buy a bare bones Tokyo but you're going to have to buy both mission packs to get everything in Issue 9.
Christ almighty. So Tokyo will cost almost as much as the game itself did, all told?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

Christ almighty. So Tokyo will cost almost as much as the game itself did, all told?

If you got it during a steam sale, yes. Otherwise your paying a poo poo ton more.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pilchenstein posted:

See this is what happens when you prevent posters from having negative criticism. By chasing off anyone with a differing opinion Funcom thinks it's super awesome to release Issue 9 with just the zone and story missions, then a mission pack, then another mission pack, then Issue 10 etc.

And since the Grandmasters have probably hosed off to play other games there's noone to tell Funcom that it's loving retarded the mission packs don't count in our autobuy settings. And doubly retarded that we can't go into negative points on mission packs.

I really need to save that Funcom gif someone made a few pages back. It would really be the best reply on this topic.

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013
I'm down to help out and run some Nightmares for old times sake. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993336247/

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Recovering Grandmaster/Lifetime Subber(Pacena) here. I'm down for running a Karaoke Nightmare sometime.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Len posted:

And now I'm waiting for Chestons rebuttal where he says I'm just spewing bile and Funcom is doing the right thing.

I'd rather they just include every mission and charge more for Issue 9, since this is an actual expansion, but that makes waaaay too much sense for it to be the more profitable option.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Are they going to charge for the dungeon and lair as well?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm at work for a bit longer. Anyone try out the new stuff yet?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I was curious if anyone had any clue how many new missions are actually in this Tokyo zone as of right now.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Hotfix for 1.9 due tomorrow! They broke cinematics day 1. :bravo:

Edit: reading the patch notes right now while this 1.38gb download goes.

Fixed an issue that was causing XP values above 2,147,483,647 to display incorrectly. (The correction will happen after the next XP award). This has been known about for well over a year.
Sprint is now reapplied after going through Agartha fast travel portals. Should have been in at launch.

Clicking and dragging the Team UI will now allow you to move it to anywhere on your screen.
Clicking and dragging the Defensive Target UI will now allow you to move it to anywhere on your screen. Surprised these happened because custom UIs fixed the inability to do this literally at launch.

Buffs displayed on the Team UI will now show counters and timers. Would have been amazing when they launched the NY Raid which needs this mechanic in order to not die.

We have changed the way vendors give you items to function in the same way as items that are given from loot, crafting, or quest rewards. This affects whether items are considered the same for inventory stacking purposes and will make some previously purchased items (like potions) unable to stack with newly purchased items of the same type. It will however also make newly purchased items able to stack with the same type of item acquired elsewhere. Tldr; Halloween 2012 and 2013 can now stack instead of being considered different items because we don't know how to code.

Auxiliary weapon tooltips will no longer display as Bind on Equip.

Red sargassum barrel can now be deleted.
Sufferer's raiment can now be deleted.

:siren:Evades are now shown in the combat log.:siren: Because hiding one of your mechanics from players who want to see if it works is a Good Idea.

All of the stacking rating effects in the game (Block Rating, Penetration Rating, Evade Rating, Hit Rating, Critical Rating, Critical Power Rating, Defense Rating, and Protection Rating) now provide 35 per stack instead of 30.

Attacks against enemies of a higher rank than your weapon skill will no longer have an increased chance to glance. This is good news for new players. Akab won't be so awful anymore.

Passives that are supposed to trigger from Hindering will now work more reliably.
Passives which trigger off impair will no longer trigger if the target is immune to impair effects.
Added new text to all abilities that are not affected by and that do not trigger the global recharge timer.

Updated all effects which heal for a flat amount, such as Karma Curio and Turn the Tables, to take into account negative healing modifiers from effects such as Corrupted. This is more for anyone who actually PvPs than PvE players I think.

Intensity should now correctly increase hate generated by Escalation. :negative:

Reduced the cooldown of Sleight of Hand to 30s (was 40s). HE 4 is back to easy mode of tank just standing there.

Mortal Sins - The Silver Egg is now automatically removed when you complete the mission. Since launch everybody!

The Big Terrible Picture - Players will no longer be killed by hostile wildlife while watching the cinematic in Tier 6 when returning to Montgomery.
From Oxford, With Love - Players will no longer be killed by hostile wildlife while watching the cinematic in Tier 1 when investigating the camp. Their anti-aggro field at work! I wonder how much arguing the Cinematics Director did about how it worked perfectly?

The Binding - It should no longer be possible for aggressive wildlife to kill you while watching the cinematic during Tier 4.

Persistent area effects or meteor showers should no longer damage/kill players while watching the cinematic after Machine Tyrant is killed. I was told this wasn't possible.

Double Edit: Granted these are just things I noticed. I glossed over most of the weapons and all of PvP.

Len fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 5, 2014

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

Double Edit: Granted these are just things I noticed. I glossed over most of the weapons and all of PvP.

In PvP they removed the exploit where a QL1 character can have a higher attack rating then a QL10.4.4, they also nerfed relic holders in Eldorado. They put daily limits on the missions in Fusang, stupid change. And now there are pvp gadgets, can't wait to see how pathetic they are.

Edit: Hey, there is a collectors edition of Issue 9 available! comes with some clothes and a title! And a trinket that gives a damage shield. Only costs an additional 1400 or so FunBux.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 5, 2014

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I honestly can't understand how making vendors, quests and drops give the same stackable items is hard. Every other game makes an item with ID x and all of x can stack to a certain amount (or not at all). What special snowflake system are they using for item generation/handling, jesus. I mean, they're even breaking stacking again (for the last time now, still...)

It's good they're changing these things, babysteps and all. But at that rate we can expect fixes to more recent issues in about 2020.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

There is yet another currency.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Did they nerf EF yet? The thought of my old builds being poo poo doesn't exactly encourage logging in or even reinstalling this.

Yue
Jun 3, 2012

CUT, CUT, CUT! I said MORE prancing, damnit!
Hiya Chuck. It's John.

First thought: The Fear Nothing Foundation was the best part.

Second thought: That's it? I knew I'd get blue-balled, but...

Third thought: Collector's Edition DLC is the worst idea anyone's ever had.

See you, Chuck...

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I really want to love this game more. I really do.

Funcom, why do you have to break my heart.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Going through sidestories so I can get my forged seal to do Tokyo.

Also I had 6k bonus points or so, so I bought the CE DLC of course.

Unfortunately they finally "fixed" the clothing glitch that allowed you to wear certain pants with the dresses, so I can't use my Dark Symmetry shorts with black stockings with any of the dresses anymore. Gives me a reason to wear my new school girl outfit though.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
CE DLC. :stonk:

People will buy it, though.

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jun 5, 2014

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
So I just logged back into my GM TSW account for the first time in a year and realized I feel as if I should just re-roll, rather than try to rediscover how my character sitting at the end of Transylvania actually works. All my friends have also ditched out on the game, leaving me wondering if any of the Goon cabals still play with any sort of regularity. I'm not picky about faction (although I'll admit that I'd rather run through Illuminati or Dragon rather than do Templar all over again).

Aside from the question of whether I should go through the offsite process of looking for Goon Cabals that may or may not still be running, any tips for someone who hasn't really even sniffed the game since Issue 5?

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Len posted:

There is yet another currency.

Of course there is.

I think I quit TSW forever.

Fewd posted:

Did they nerf EF yet? The thought of my old builds being poo poo doesn't exactly encourage logging in or even reinstalling this.

I believe so, yes.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Frankenstein Dad posted:

CE DLC. :stonk:

People will buy it, though.

What else are we going to spend bonus points on, certainly not on the 1 new outfit every 3 months they're releasing nowadays...

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Fewd posted:

5 second internal cool down from when it fires till the counter can start again, assuming I am understanding funcoms amazing patch notes.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

Memnaelar posted:

So I just logged back into my GM TSW account for the first time in a year and realized I feel as if I should just re-roll, rather than try to rediscover how my character sitting at the end of Transylvania actually works. All my friends have also ditched out on the game, leaving me wondering if any of the Goon cabals still play with any sort of regularity. I'm not picky about faction (although I'll admit that I'd rather run through Illuminati or Dragon rather than do Templar all over again).

Aside from the question of whether I should go through the offsite process of looking for Goon Cabals that may or may not still be running, any tips for someone who hasn't really even sniffed the game since Issue 5?

I highly recommend just finding some cool pubbies.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
If you're coming back like me just to do Tokyo, I think you're really better off just waiting until the whole thing is released. Tokyo has some pretty cool missions and characters but it was short and extremely disappointing considering how long the wait was and gently caress whoever keeps designing platforming areas in a game that is clearly not a platformer. I don't know how much of the final content was on test live but it really felt like a standard issue as opposed to an actual expansion.

The Aegis system seems like another waste of time and another long grind that nobody but the most hardcore fans are going to attempt to complete. Its a nice change to combat and you definitely need to dodge more and probably add another builder to your lineup at first but in the end, it doesn't seem to really add anything more to the game itself except forcing you to spam one or two buttons for a good 20 seconds at the beginning of every fight or every now and then to down the shield. Releasing QL11 to say QL15 gear and scaling the monsters around that would have had exactly the same effect on extending gameplay.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Just out of curiosity, should I wait to do the Issue 5, 6, and 7 storylines until I have at least QL 10 level items?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Le Saboteur posted:

Just out of curiosity, should I wait to do the Issue 5, 6, and 7 storylines until I have at least QL 10 level items?

They are geared towards ql10 green, so you could probably do them with slightly less. When you finish the Egypt content you should be ready.

• Locked thread