Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

So the code Gamestop sent me for preordering the USF4 upgrade turned out to be a $15 Microsoft credit so I could go buy it on the store myself

Wasn't it supposed to be a code that came with the costumes?

They will send you the costume code separately sometime later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Well I'm glad they kept my $15 in safe keeping then I guess

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Oh come on, still no new trials?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They've stated new trials are coming in a future patch, closer to when the disc version releases.

Alex Earl Cash
Feb 21, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

I have the game on disc and I plan on downloading Ultra today, but I also kind of want to get AE off of games for gold on the 16th so I don't have to use a disc anymore. I wonder if this will bork my game or not.

As this is my plan also, i was a bit bummed and confused by this:
Once you update you will no longer be able to download Super SFIV and Super SFIV Arcade Edition. I don't get why i wouldn't.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Alex Earl Cash posted:

Once you update you will no longer be able to download Super SFIV and Super SFIV Arcade Edition. I don't get why i wouldn't.

Ugh. I don't want to have to use a disc anymore but I also don't want to wait till the 16th to play Ultra. This is dumb.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Was watching Gamerbee doing ranked with Yun...and I think I saw a 50%-ish FADC combo

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
apparantly somewhere on the site it say something about gamestop costume download codes being sent by email within 1-2 days. also holy crap chun li is easier to combo now. i'm getting sweep to connect consisetently. also I'm alot happier than I thought I'd be when I finally am able to juggle rose in the corner with ultra 1.

polish sausage fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 3, 2014

MILF destroyer
Feb 6, 2014
Is it true you can't perform a DW in training mode?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Here I am, hitting buttons and getting beat up! Good stuff
http://www.twitch.tv/gutcruncher

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
So a few training mode findings to start things off:

Decapre's hurtbox is wonky, possibly borked. Yun's bnbs that go from cr.mp to st.mp don't work on her, either the stand mp doesn't connect (what usually happens) or the HK upkicks whiff depending on the combo you're talking about. I picked Cammy dummy instead and everything I noticed missing on Decapre worked fine on her so :shrug:

Also, this seems weird but if you kara cancel a move (like Sagat f.LK) into red focus you get EX red focus instead of normal red focus. Which makes it cost 3 bars and not have armor. I was excited to see Sagat run up at a dude and get all red and scary until I noticed this was happening, seems like an intentional design decision to nerf kara cancelling normals into red focus. Still might be useful somehow, guess we'll see!

edit: Looks like I'm partially wrong about this, just tested doing Ken's f.mk kara cancelled into red focus and it's only 2 bars. Something really weird is up with Sagat then because it cost 3 bars (and crumpled immediately) when I tested kara cancelling for both his f.LK and f.HK normals

edit edit: Okay I guess doing kara cancel into regular focus costs 2 bars and probably always has? So it's still weird but not NEW weird, just something I never knew about Sagat in general being combined with the new version of focus.

Trykt fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 3, 2014

Rudger
Feb 20, 2006

i will mess you up

Jack Trades posted:

How are you supposed to handle what appears to be a 50/50 situation?
Let's say I block either Ken's Hurricane Kick or Dan's Hop Kicks. After that they can follow it up with a grab or a shoryuken and I'm not really sure if there's anything I can really do other than guess to grabtech or block.

It used to piss me off since it felt really random but lately I somehow been able to get it right almost every time, even when I thought that I should've been hit out of a grabtech with a shoryuken I somehow ended up blocking it.
Funny thing is that I have no clue about what (and even if) I'm doing right here.

EDIT: On an unrelated not. I just realized that shoryuken is spelled ShoRyuKen. Who's Sho? :downs:

You delay your crouch tech (cr.lp+cr.lk) to account for the timing you think that they will DP. You can backdash/jump but some characters still tag it with their DP. Each defensive option has some risk/reward with it. Blocking is the answer for a lot of situations and if he's going to raw DP after a blocked tatsu, he's an idiot and you should punish him for it.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I wanna watch some Decapre and all everyone is playing is either old characters or Poison. I'm only seeing the occasional terrible Decapre on people doing lobbys :(

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

systran posted:

You can definitely do one-frame links online. If you are hit confirming the latency won't actually affect it; it's muscle memory either way.

Don't play a character that needs one-frame links if you are just not going to do them. That is just willingly gimping the character so bad, especially if it's an essential BnB.

Yeah I'll mess around with her in training mode for fun but otherwise I still have Guile, Sagat, Elena, and maybe New-And-Improved Ken to try out first.

Quick question on Sagat: I used U1 for him most of the time and only used U2 in certain matchups, but now that DP FADC dash forward is unsafe, should I start using U2 and then doing DP FADC backdash while buffering it in case the DP hits? It seems like a much safer (if less damaging) option. I think they nerfed U1 damage anyway.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rudger posted:

You delay your crouch tech (cr.lp+cr.lk) to account for the timing you think that they will DP. You can backdash/jump but some characters still tag it with their DP. Each defensive option has some risk/reward with it. Blocking is the answer for a lot of situations and if he's going to raw DP after a blocked tatsu, he's an idiot and you should punish him for it.

I was thinking that maybe delaying the tech would let me counter both moves but I tried that with a friend and I can't seem to be able to do that. I always either tech too late, getting grabbed, or tech too early and get my face DP'd. Is there any trick to it or does it just have a very precise timing?

Backdash seems to work well though but like you said, some characters still hit you.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!
Hrhghrghrghrg, I'm trying to learn Decapre on the side and it's rough. I've never played a charge character before, and I have to learn how to combo into dagger. It's 5 presses before a mash move triggers right?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Puzzle Thing posted:

Hrhghrghrghrg, I'm trying to learn Decapre on the side and it's rough. I've never played a charge character before, and I have to learn how to combo into dagger. It's 5 presses before a mash move triggers right?

Yup

so for mp > lp daggers you can go

mp, lp, hp, mp, lp in a strumming motion

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
In those situations keep in mind that if your opponent decides to DP, you are going to get a huge punish. This means that IF YOU GET A FULL PUNISH CONSISTENTLY, your opponent is either going to a) DP less and throw more often, making it an easier guess for you, or b) keep DPing often and give you free huge damage for very little risk on your part.

If you guess wrong and eat the DP, you take just DP damage, but if you guess right and bait the DP you do a huge amount more to the opponent.

This might be why, as you say, you can "usually guess right" out of this situation even though it's a "50/50".

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Puzzle Thing posted:

Yup. If it makes it any easier for you, the best way to get HP daggers in an instant is to press HP, then just slide your finger down to LP and then back to HP without picking it up. If you do it correctly the game should register HP, MP, LP, MP, HP as successive inputs, and the daggers will activate on HP.

I use a similar method for canceling Chun Li's crHP into HK legs.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
on the opposite end, as a dude who only ever really plays charge characters I'm finding it really really easy to play decapre. I'm just doing regular bnb stuff like cr. lk cr.lp cr.mp into her psycho sting. does some really nice damage. also I can se some dirty thing coming from being able to jump like 2 feet off the ground and going into air cannon strike. that comes out super duper low.

EDIT: anyone else find odd that you cant combo into super by doing daggers all the way? I always have to super cancel after before the last hit juggling. :/

polish sausage fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 3, 2014

Rudger
Feb 20, 2006

i will mess you up

Jack Trades posted:

I was thinking that maybe delaying the tech would let me counter both moves but I tried that with a friend and I can't seem to be able to do that. I always either tech too late, getting grabbed, or tech too early and get my face DP'd. Is there any trick to it or does it just have a very precise timing?

Backdash seems to work well though but like you said, some characters still hit you.

That's the issue with delaying your tech. There's no one specific timing for it. You are making an assumption on the opponent's timing and basing your timing on that. You are recognizing what you are doing wrong when you tech too late/too early, so good on you for that. Part of the counter-strategy for crouch-teching requires making reads on whether or not the opponent will crouch tech, and there's specific things that they can do to blow it up. I would never crouch tech vs. grapplers for the most part, fyi.

There are a lot of people(online) that will -always- throw no matter the situation, even if they land a hit beforehand. If you can tech them well enough, they'll lose their offensive momentum and you can start playing the neutral game again.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Alex Earl Cash posted:

Hopefully the free Gold SSF4 Arcade from the 16th will pan out. That is weird, though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

systran posted:

In those situations keep in mind that if your opponent decides to DP, you are going to get a huge punish. This means that IF YOU GET A FULL PUNISH CONSISTENTLY, your opponent is either going to a) DP less and throw more often, making it an easier guess for you, or b) keep DPing often and give you free huge damage for very little risk on your part.

If you guess wrong and eat the DP, you take just DP damage, but if you guess right and bait the DP you do a huge amount more to the opponent.

This might be why, as you say, you can "usually guess right" out of this situation even though it's a "50/50".

This is pretty much what I was gonna say. Don't worry about the DPs. Just block on wakeup. If they throw you, block again until they DP and then have a good punish ready. Once they start trying to throw more often, either tech the throws or find something that beats throws and do that.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
So Gouken cr.mp xx lp fireball comboing is really cool but pushes back really far, you can't follow up outside of the corner without FADC. Hit confirming into FADC is really easy though so if you've got the meter to burn you've got some good options, here's some new combos I've found so far:

cr.mp xx lp fireball FADC close MP, sweep -for the hard knockdown

cr.mp xx lp fireball FADC close HP xx EX or HP rush punch -great damage for hit confirming off a low, especially if you have the extra bar to spend

cr.mp xx lp fireball FADC close MP - stand or crouch LK xx HK tatsu FADC Ultra 1 or 2 -max damage, costs a full bar but builds a decent amount during the combo so you could probably pull this off as long as you have 3+ bars already

cr.mp xx lp fireball FADC far MP xx MP rush punch -if you land cr.mp from farther out

You could also go for a reset by cancelling into demon flip instead of your real ender if you wanted to be swag.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Has anybody tried out Cody's ultra 2 changes? From the patch notes, it sounds like the wrench swings will now connect even from the tip of the dust and out of the listed changes, this is the one I'm most eager to see but I haven't seen anyone test it out.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Metrohunter posted:

Has anybody tried out Cody's ultra 2 changes? From the patch notes, it sounds like the wrench swings will now connect even from the tip of the dust and out of the listed changes, this is the one I'm most eager to see but I haven't seen anyone test it out.

Nope, you can hit with the dust and still miss with the wrench.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!
btw If any Juri players here haven't already started abusing the new EX mid fireball, holy poo poo do that. There's something strange about the hitbox, so instead of just hitting twice and dissipating, it sort of rams your opponent back, making this really huge space in between the fireball strikes. I didn't check if the opponent actually leaves blockstun for a moment (I don't think so, but it'd be interesting if they did) but it locks them down a really long time.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
What's new about it?

ZWZ
May 6, 2007

Homerun

Magus42 posted:

What's new about it?

It hits crouchers now.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

ZWZ posted:

It hits crouchers now.

Ooooh...

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Quick question (that's probably already been answered):
I switched from 360 to PS3 back in November, so what exactly would be the cheapest way to get completely caught back up with all of this, DLC-wise? Because the cheapest I can see is 81 dollars if I don't want to wait until August.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 3, 2014

cams
Mar 28, 2003

If anyone wants to play on PS3 in the next 4 hours, I'll be on as camsteh. Send me a message. Gotta get started on my Elena!

EDIT: To whoever sent me an invite, I was in a game sorry. Friend me first so I can hit you back if that happens!

cams fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 3, 2014

Rudger
Feb 20, 2006

i will mess you up

404GoonNotFound posted:

I switched from 360 to PS3 back in November, so what exactly would be the cheapest way to get completely caught back up with all of this, DLC-wise? Because the cheapest I can see is 81 dollars if I don't want to wait until August.

buy a used copy of AE or super and upgrade

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

404GoonNotFound posted:

I got caught up for just over $20. Find a used Super Street Fighter IV disc on eBay and then buy the $15 Ultra Street Fighter IV upgrade from the marketplace. I don't know what platform you play, but here's a copy of Super SF4 for the 360 at $7.91 with free shipping. And I didn't even look all that hard, you can probably find it cheaper.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

KingShiro posted:

Was watching Gamerbee doing ranked with Yun...and I think I saw a 50%-ish FADC combo
What other characters are going to be particularly dangerous with EX Red Focus like Yun? I know Viper's been talked about a bit with crouch MK xx Thunder Knuckle xx Red Focus into whatever

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Sarchasm posted:

I got caught up for just over $20. Find a used Super Street Fighter IV disc on eBay and then buy the $15 Ultra Street Fighter IV upgrade from the marketplace. I don't know what platform you play, but here's a copy of Super SF4 for the 360 at $7.91 with free shipping. And I didn't even look all that hard, you can probably find it cheaper.

He also wants all the costume packs too I think.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
The cheapest way to get everything is to wait until August and buy the full retail or full digital version.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Magus42 posted:

The cheapest way to get everything is to wait until August and buy the full retail or full digital version.

Yeah, looks like that's what I'll have to do in this case. The price of abandoning MS, I guess.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

cams posted:

If anyone wants to play on PS3 in the next 4 hours, I'll be on as camsteh. Send me a message. Gotta get started on my Elena!

EDIT: To whoever sent me an invite, I was in a game sorry. Friend me first so I can hit you back if that happens!

Speaking of Elena, besides the BnBs we've seen in videos so far, I found this works:

c.MP XX rdp+HK (Lynx Tail) XX level 2 Focus, dash, hcf+HK (Rhino Horn), U1 [484, 366 if hit confirmed with two c.LPs]

The timing on the Focus is weird but easy, you just start it right away, but the Focus doesn't cancel the Lynx Tail until the second hit. I've tried this on Poison so far and will try it on others. The lovely thing is that I can't get s.HP to land after the focus, otherwise you might be able to get pretty good damage without the Ultra.

Edit: If you hit confirm with c.LP c.LP c.MP, the first hit connects but the immediate second hit of the HK Lynx Tail whiffs on Ryu, and probably a lot of other characters. That's pretty lovely.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Any idea when the android frame data app hits? even if there is some mistakes it is better than nothing.

*ed*

Also i thought rose was supposed to get free drills off hp reflect now? I saw some videos of regular drills hitting after reflect, but I can only get ex-drill midscreen.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 3, 2014

• Locked thread