Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

Rude Semprini posted:

Phoenix was the last member of the Drac Pack, and he'll be one to bring him to justice for his crimes in Season 4. How poetic.

:getin:

Can Phoenix go 10-0? We'll find out tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dracula is an odd choice but I wouldn't mind Dracula vs Scorpion. Because that would be an easy win for Scorps

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Drac gonna bury Phoenix tonight, get ready. :getin:

...Scorpion is pretty much hosed either way, isn't he. :smith:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

mabels big day posted:

Dracula is an odd choice but I wouldn't mind Dracula vs Scorpion. Because that would be an easy win for Scorps

Well, Waluigi beat Dracula, and Waluigi also beat Scorpion, so I'm not so sure! :v:

Dracula always puts on great matches, though. I just don't think he has much of a shot against Nick.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Phoenix's combination of a goddamn near unblockable finisher (it IS blockable, but the AI has a hard time with it and it comes out super quick) and the incredibly powerful Hulk Hogan comeback means I'm putting my bookie money on him, yeah.

That said, we've seen Dracula shut people down before.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
My money's on Phoenix continuing his streak, but Dracula's been on something of a tear lately, so we could easily see another upset. Either way, it should be a pretty entertaining match.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

No matter who wins, it's going to be hype as hell.

But I'm rooting for Phoenix just so we can get The Streak vs The Title. :getin:

Artix posted:

Scorpion has I think one of the best ways to shut Nick down with the Superkick it seems like, in the multi-man a few weeks back he basically clowned Nick whenever they were against each other.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
If Phoenix wins, I want Sonic to cash in before Phoenix vs. Scorpion, because I don't want Scorpion to lose the title on his first defense, but I also really, really, really don't want The Streak to end.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

If Phoenix wins, I want Sonic to cash in before Phoenix vs. Scorpion, because I don't want Scorpion to lose the title on his first defense, but I also really, really, really don't want The Streak to end.

Wouldn't that also just be losing it on his first defense? :v:

This match is to set up that first scheduled title defense after all.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Have we ever seen a title change hands twice in one night?

Rude Semprini
Jun 4, 2013

Ow. Right in the self esteem.
Dracula's had an interesting career since he came back after getting Little Mac'd. He lost to Bowser, which is fair enough, then he lost to Ezio in the famous ref screw-up, then lost to Red in that fatal four way. Since then, he's been on kind of a roll, winning 6 of his last 7 matches, the loss being to Waluigi in a TLC match.

The only issue is that the guys he's been fighting aren't exactly top carders apart from perhaps Segata. He's beaten Bison, Ezio, Dan and Barret as well in singles. So not major names. So he's got something to prove by going against the unstoppable Phoenix. If he can actually pull it off, there's no doubting that Drac deserves a place in a Championship match.

That said, he's not in a real mess if he does lose. Losing to Phoenix at this point carries the same feeling of losing to Ganondorf or Bowser, it's not exactly unexpected.

Quick Edit:

Hobo Siege posted:

http://vgcw.wikia.com/wiki/VGCW/2012-12-12

The infamous cash in. Kratos won the championship from Adam Jensen. Then Little Mac cashed in the MITB, and Kratos lost. He holds the record for the shortest title reign in VGCW, at 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

Rude Semprini fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 3, 2014

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Hobo Siege posted:

Long ago, Kratos beat Adam. Then Mac cashed in and beat Kratos, exiling him to the developmentals for all eternity.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

We still haven't heard from Barrett or Illidan after the huge upset two weeks ago.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I can't wait for the Streak vs Shovel match. Phoenix is either going to rise to stardom, or get loving BURIED!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Artix posted:

Drac gonna bury Phoenix tonight, get ready. :getin:

I feel like he'd have an easier time against Dracula, so my money's gotta be on him.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Nick has this in the bag. If he loses, Sleepwise will eat glass.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Well VGCW was confirmed to be canon to the Hoopz Barkley expanded universe by Tales of Game's during a podcast. They said that it takes place before the 2041 and Barkley's pro-wrestling career is not unprecedented, as Michael Jordan once left to NBA to play minor league baseball.

First I've heard of this, that's pretty awesome.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Well VGCW was confirmed to be canon to the Hoopz Barkley expanded universe by Tales of Game's during a podcast. They said that it takes place before the 2041 and Barkley's pro-wrestling career is not unprecedented, as Michael Jordan once left to NBA to play minor league baseball.

Ah...I might need to rework the Wiki page on the Glitch Bomb as I noted that as being a Verboten Jam and that it's disaster would bring about a second b-ball purge (or rather a Sports Entertainment Purge).

A link to that podcast, incidently?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
You got a link to that podcast, because that sounds great.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
It's CM Dunk's world, we're all just living in it.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
We're live in 27 minutes!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Preshow MK8 music has begun.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Preshow MK8 music has begun.

RIP offline logo Phoenix face :(

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Someone please make a Max Hoss CAW with Mankind's entrance and the tantrum taunt, thank you.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Cash it in Sonic!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Did Bowser piss off Bazza in MK8, what he doing opening?

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
If you needed any more proof that curtain jerking is a good thing, here comes Bowser.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
OH dear god poor Waluigi

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Ahahahaha.

Oh dear :allears:

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
loving Bowser in a curtainjerker, what the hell?

And oh god, Waluigi is gonna get murdered. :ohdear:

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010
This is gonna be incredibly stupid, isn't it?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I never know if Waluigi is going to upset or get squashed. He's easily the most unpredictably contender in VGCW.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Minority Deport posted:

This is gonna be incredibly stupid, isn't it?

Anything can happen in VGCW.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Waluigi kicks rear end tonight.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
And Bowser decides playtime's over.

RIP

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Better than expected at least

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Waluigi is all heart! I like him. :unsmith:

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
It was all going so well until Bowser landed his comeback. RIP Waluigi.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
...or gets his rear end kicked apparently. Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Surprisingly good show from Wah.

• Locked thread