Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011
Follow the boost cycle. MM seems to be the best for general loot, especially with the Odin consumable. I like them enough I blew 20 bucks on getting the bundle (only consumable I've ever spent money on). They're great for not just the MM boost (I get the "crit" drop of ten Odins pretty regular like with it up), but I don't shoot through my roster like I used too to gain them, I mostly run LQs only when a new hero drops, or I am trying to level a Legendary. They come in handy for both. The boost duration (should be a free one with the code on Hub4Heroes) is around 2 hours and I can generally make around a 100 marks or so doing the same stuff I would to gear out end game characters.

That's generally been my main problem with Mark acquisition, you can either shoot through your whole roster, for the bonus mark, or just trade heavily, both get pretty tedious after you have done them for a bit, the Odin buff lets me do what I normally would, only I get a crap ton of marks on top of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

HUMAN FISH posted:

That's pretty funny.

73% brutal chance.

That would actually be good on Luke, too, because it nearly guarantees brutals on his finishers.

In other news, for Ms. Marvel players, the new TC build still doesn't have Kree Toughness being buffed to compensate for the loss of FotW. Rank 30 powers are still less powerful than they are on live.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jun 3, 2014

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I'm making progress rolling costume affixes to get everything I want on all 34 heroes. I've spent around 2 million credits total (with the reduced prices at like 10% of "intended"), have pretty much stopped playing the game and just stand next to Dick Richards splitting and combining crafting materials. I have an optimized SYSTEM of organizing my crafting mats. My bottleneck is credits. This poo poo is more tedious than brewing in Everquest. For the love of god someone please fix this UI and crafting system. Mr. Gaz spies please take notice of my whining, it's horrible.

I'm going down the roster alphabetically and am only at Lucas. I'm not going to loving make it to Wolferine before the patch. RIP.

:cripes:

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 3, 2014

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
I did this for like 20 dudes over the last week, not even bothering with the grade 1 affixes and taking whatever roll as long as it was the right affix, and it still cost me around 1.8 million and took like 2.5 hours spread out over 5-6 days. So horrendously tedious.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Huh. Obviously false.

But in a game where you can't wear two rings and 'mana' values are so very small to begin with, is it worth more, or less than it was in D2?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Bloodly posted:

Huh. Obviously false.

But in a game where you can't wear two rings and 'mana' values are so very small to begin with, is it worth more, or less than it was in D2?

Well in D2 getting +1 to all skills on a ring was only achievable with a SoJ until 1.07 dropped, after which you also had the Bul Kathos ring that gave +1 to all skills. But SoJ was a better caster ring (since 25% mana is kind of great) and had a low enough level req to be used in some late low-level duels. In addition, you had 2 ring slots in D2 and you were allowed to equip 2 of the same unique item (unlike in D3), so there was definitely more than enough demand for SoJs. Also it was brutally rare.

Rampant duping eventually turned SoJ into some silly pseudo-currency though, so it's value dropped dramatically. The abundance of SoJs was later solved with a special server-wide event called Diablo Clone (expansion-only), which was a super-version of Diablo that would get popped into every game of a specific IP on the server after a certain amount of SoJs were vendored. It was a very "Blizzard" way of solving a problem.

Anyways, we don't really have to worry about Marvel's SoJ becoming anything of value like in D2 because most cosmic rings will roll much better stats than 20 spirit and 25% extra spirit that blow Marvel's SoJ out of the water. I guess it'd be good for Iron Man though.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 3, 2014

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Ahundredbux posted:

We are the crazy sperglords.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

drat it jubelio, I'm only at 1156.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Ahundredbux posted:

drat it jubelio, I'm only at 1156.

And here I was feeling self-conscious about getting over 800 hours.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
And i felt bad when i hit 200 hours of oops-there-went-my-life time yesterday.

Phew

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

noobs like you make me sick

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It happened.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Soothing Vapors posted:

loving casuals need to get on my level :shopkeeper:

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Protocol 5 posted:

I did this for like 20 dudes over the last week, not even bothering with the grade 1 affixes and taking whatever roll as long as it was the right affix, and it still cost me around 1.8 million and took like 2.5 hours spread out over 5-6 days. So horrendously tedious.

I may do this for the rest of my roster. I've been getting some costumes set up with decent rolls (I think I'm up to 16 or so dudes, a couple with CDR and HP setups) but instead of trying to waste time with all the affixes I may just start grabbing grade 3 & 4 affixes for the remainder (or any other duplicates I want). I'm actually low in credits from all the rerolling though so not sure how many I'll be able to finish tonight.

And yeah it's tedious as all hell, especially since different dudes have different costume material requirements, and breaking stuff down is a giant pain.

Office Thug posted:

Rampant duping eventually turned SoJ into some silly pseudo-currency though, so it's value dropped dramatically. The abundance of SoJs was later solved with a special server-wide event called Diablo Clone (expansion-only), which was a super-version of Diablo that would get popped into every game of a specific IP on the server after a certain amount of SoJs were vendored. It was a very "Blizzard" way of solving a problem.

I know when I started playing again after the expansion (around 1.08-1.09) SoJs were again being duped or whatever. I remember trading them for gold for my vendor bots. Also typically you'd run one SoJ and your other ring would be LL/ML from what I recall.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Soothing Vapors posted:

That red text

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Eiffel On You posted:

It happened.

SOJS for Blessings

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Now I feel like a noob

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

RE: omega system

I sperged out pretty hard last night tinkering with the omega system and barring some of the really bad scaling issues they're having with some things (2% projectile deflect for 800 omegabux), there are definitely some good things that stand out:

Neural Enhancement:
5% crit not subject to diminishing returns and 5 int
50% dot damage increase (this is wonky and only turned into maybe 15-20% after speccing)

Arcane Attunement:
5 spirit regen/sec 100% of the time (currently broken to all hell and 1 point gets you infinite spirit)

There's definitely a lot better offensive stuff than defensive stuff and for the most part; Gaz has defined +1 any attribute to be worth around 200-250 omega points. All of the % damage increases still either seem to be off base damage or are rolled up in some way to not actually be a true 1:1 increase. It makes the damage increases significantly less powerful than they appear to be and you're looking at consistently better gains by getting another skill point and then getting omegas to potentially boost it.

The only thing that it just beyond everything else in terms of value is that 5% crit. Also the legion proc but I don't see that lasting.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
How many blessings should I be able to get for a Pym Shrinking Serum with +1,219 health +263 dodge 67 spirit on dodge (2.5 second CD) 4.9% move speed? I also need an invite back into Groot. Name is Tanreall in game.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

alansmithee posted:

I may do this for the rest of my roster. I've been getting some costumes set up with decent rolls (I think I'm up to 16 or so dudes, a couple with CDR and HP setups) but instead of trying to waste time with all the affixes I may just start grabbing grade 3 & 4 affixes for the remainder (or any other duplicates I want). I'm actually low in credits from all the rerolling though so not sure how many I'll be able to finish tonight.

And yeah it's tedious as all hell, especially since different dudes have different costume material requirements, and breaking stuff down is a giant pain.

Yeah I set up affixes for every character like 2 weeks back when I thought the prices might go back up. I just went through and did Rank 3 and 4 then when the prices didn't go back up I went through and did 1 and 2 for everyone. Overall I spent a few million credits because I had some really bad luck at times.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003

Tanreall posted:

How many blessings should I be able to get for a Pym Shrinking Serum with +1,219 health +263 dodge 67 spirit on dodge (2.5 second CD) 4.9% move speed? I also need an invite back into Groot. Name is Tanreall in game.

1 since most people dont trade .7 at a time.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."

kojicolnair posted:

Yeah I set up affixes for every character like 2 weeks back when I thought the prices might go back up. I just went through and did Rank 3 and 4 then when the prices didn't go back up I went through and did 1 and 2 for everyone. Overall I spent a few million credits because I had some really bad luck at times.

That seems to be the least awful way to go about it when you have a large roster. Especially if you're rolling offensive affixes, having crit rating instead of crit damage or whatever at grade 1 or 2 is not the end of the world, and it saves on fiddling with materials. My worst experience was getting DR against enemies attacking you 80% of the time on goddamn Black Panther where it couldn't be more useless.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
What's the go to costume affix for SG? Crit rating for the squirrels to inherit? Straight DR? I've found that I don't really need to roll health on her with the squirrel powered life gain.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Gunjin posted:

What's the go to costume affix for SG? Crit rating for the squirrels to inherit? Straight DR? I've found that I don't really need to roll health on her with the squirrel powered life gain.

I was told CDR for all but the pet build.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Protocol 5 posted:

That seems to be the least awful way to go about it when you have a large roster. Especially if you're rolling offensive affixes, having crit rating instead of crit damage or whatever at grade 1 or 2 is not the end of the world, and it saves on fiddling with materials. My worst experience was getting DR against enemies attacking you 80% of the time on goddamn Black Panther where it couldn't be more useless.

I don't even put affixes on costumes anymore unless I find a really good core. I only keep Pure Elements in my stash, but if you break down everything at once, it gives you the bits for the core and one of each affix. I don't bother re-rolling bad ones, though. The whole process is so tedious and random I'm probably not going to screw with it until they revamp it in some way. My one endgame guy has decent affixes and I don't need them for leveling my other 10 characters.

Is there a general rule for rolling affixes? Health if you're dying, CDR if you're not? Are affixes supposed to fill in weak points in your gear, or help you max out?

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003

Zombie Samurai posted:

Is there a general rule for rolling affixes? Health if you're dying, CDR if you're not? Are affixes supposed to fill in weak points in your gear, or help you max out?

CDR and Health are the 2 best imo and I go back and forth on which one to choose based off of what I need more of or what I can get from other gear. The choice is only obvious for stuff like pet builds that dont benefit much from cdr.

Maxing out vs. filling gaps is preference, but if you die a lot, get health.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
So I got my first character to level 20 and after doing midtown stuff the game feels so much more fun and exciting. I think my issue is that I didn't really fully grasp that I don't (and can't) clear a level's enemies because they keep respawning so it took me forever to get to level 20.

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!

a big fat bunny posted:

And here I was feeling self-conscious about getting over 800 hours.

I was feeling self-conscious about having 719 hours played. Thanks bunny!

Also, please stop showing the awesome new Punisher skin in your screenshots. I know it's going to be free for everyone but I just can't wait!

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I need a Vibranium ore with LoH and Ranged/Phys damage. For the 3rd I'd LOVE Health but I don't care too much really. I'll trade pretty well for this so hit me up.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

I was told CDR for all but the pet build.

I have one with health that is my standard one I usually wear but I've been experimenting with CR. Off the cuff I wouldn't expect CDR to be very good since it only helps your damage, not your squirrels.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Actually if they really are putting Unstable Molecules back on the drop tables then I'm going to be grinding up all my costumes anyway.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

fookolt posted:

So I got my first character to level 20 and after doing midtown stuff the game feels so much more fun and exciting. I think my issue is that I didn't really fully grasp that I don't (and can't) clear a level's enemies because they keep respawning so it took me forever to get to level 20.

Yeah, the only time you can clear a map entirely is in private instances (terminals, treasure rooms, some sections of the main story, etc). Even in those cases, there isn't really a point unless you are OCD, as the time spent doing so isn't worth it. Focus on Legendary quests and running terminals/midtown and you'll level a million times faster.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

When does the BOGO sale end?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Daveski posted:

Yeah, the only time you can clear a map entirely is in private instances (terminals, treasure rooms, some sections of the main story, etc). Even in those cases, there isn't really a point unless you are OCD, as the time spent doing so isn't worth it. Focus on Legendary quests and running terminals/midtown and you'll level a million times faster.

The usual course I follow is Terminals until level X8 (which takes you through Midtown a few times usually), then Xdef until X0. Events change that of course.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I went with crit rating on my Loki costume since I'm only at like 35% crit even with that, it seems like CDR would be bad if I only had like 20% crit.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I need a Vibranium ore with LoH and Ranged/Phys damage. For the 3rd I'd LOVE Health but I don't care too much really. I'll trade pretty well for this so hit me up.

I thought all cores now have one of RIF/SIF/Credits and then two other affixes, no?

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Suprfli6 posted:

I thought all cores now have one of RIF/SIF/Credits and then two other affixes, no?

Yeah I don't think you can get all the affixes he wanted.

Also after looking at omegas and raids, there is 0 reason in my mind to slot a core that doesn't have 2sec invuln and either hp/sp or 400loh. Those 2 stats just don't exist anywhere else.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

fookolt posted:

Swap out of Midtown every 5 levels! I've seen people grinding to level 9 in level 1 midtowns and wondering why the XP slows down.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lux Aeterna posted:

Yeah I don't think you can get all the affixes he wanted.

Also after looking at omegas and raids, there is 0 reason in my mind to slot a core that doesn't have 2sec invuln and either hp/sp or 400loh. Those 2 stats just don't exist anywhere else.

If you are using the HP/SP core to alleviate spirit issues, flat health is going to get you further than invuln since you'll be mashing your medkits on cooldown.

Also, you can't invuln up if you are at full health, so it's not as big a trump card as you think.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Sion posted:

Swap out of Midtown every 5 levels! I've seen people grinding to level 9 in level 1 midtowns and wondering why the XP slows down.

By "swap out" you mean leave the instance and enter a new one via the terminals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

fookolt posted:

By "swap out" you mean leave the instance and enter a new one via the terminals?

Yeah >.>

• Locked thread