Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Masonity posted:

Yeah.

Also just edited that post to add in that I will be making a guild once I can afford it, and asking for name suggestions.

I'm pretty sold on Goonlite Aurin Ranch to be honest, so we REALLY need better ideas!

I reserved Ye Olde Goone Squade for using on an RP realm, but as my main is Exile I was probably going to play Dominion RP alts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Syrek posted:

I'd love to level up crafting as I go but as far as weaponsmith is concerned it seems to be hella expensive. So it's either making lovely weapons that will be instantly replaced or having a mount as soon as the game allows you to.
Between doing quests and planting a metric fuckton of explorer flags everywhere and mining every iron node I see, the sheer volume of distractions in this game slow down actual leveling to a crawl.

That said, I had an iron node pop out the ground and run away from me today. :psyduck:

Allow me to share with you the architect secret: Architects swim in money.

EDIT: Literally by the time I was 15 I had about 20 gold saved up, I've been spending excess gold on mats to unlock other architect patterns and mostly breaking even when I do that (I mean buying the mats then selling the item breaks even, the initial stash is fine).

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Okay, so this is a dumb question and I realize it's a dumb question but I'm curious anyway: Is there any way to viably level as a Warrior using mostly Support-oriented abilities? Not necessarily "tanking" abilities, just Support (plus poo poo like Power Link and using Smackdown for the debuff). I've pretty much just been following the cookie cutter Assault-oriented DPS builds and that's been working fine, just wondering. It doesn't really look like there's anything comparable to the damage-making GBS threads power of Rampage and Breaching Strikes, but I've noticed I can just about take on some 2/3-person enemies by myself as a Warrior and I was thinking with better sustained damage over burst and stronger shield/defense cooldowns I could probably kill those things really easily.

Haven't exactly needed it as there's usually people around to team up on those enemies with, but soloing elite poo poo is pretty neat and I wanted to do more with it but know gently caress-all about the game so far.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
:siren: EU DOMINION GOONS, WE ARE MOVING TO CONTAGION, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO GET THE OPTION TO MOVE YOUR CHARACTER :siren:

I'm sure hitbutton will give a more respectable post later. Edit: If you cannot see the transfer window, ALT-F4 and log back in, do not log out normally or you will be queued!

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60957-free-realm-transfers/#entry637915

quote:

Hey everyone, as you can imagine we’ve been seeing calls for Free RealmTransfers on the forums, reddit on the live-stream. We’ve been working hard to make sure we take a measured approach to this delicate process. So in an effort to bring relief to some of our most populated Realms, we are offering free Realm Transfers off of these Realms and onto some of the lesser populated Realms. Once the server maintenance is complete on June 3rd, 12:00AM PDT, you will have the option to transfer your characters from the following Realms:

EU
Hazak to Contagion

Please be aware, there will likely be a rush for Realm transfers when we first open up the service. The transfer process can take time. In some cases it may take up to 24 hours depending on the volume of transactions.

Additional Information:
Upon the event that we need to remove one of the destination Realms from the free transfer service, we will give the community 48 hour notice before removing a destination Realm from the list of Free Transfers.
When new Realms open post launch, we will message if this Realm is a transfer target or not. If the new Realm is not, then the “race to 50” will be preserved on that Realm for at least 2-4 weeks, and transfers will be prevented for that time.

The Realm transfer can only be enacted from the character select screen, so you will have to wait in a queue to enact the transfer if there is one on the source Realm.
You can move any number of characters you want as many times as you want, but each character can only be moved once every 22 hours.
You cannot have pending mail, auctions, commodity orders, or CREDD orders
You cannot be a member of a circle, Arena Team, Warparty, or a Guild
You cannot be in a circle, Arena Team, Warparty, or Guild leader

Hoping to see some of you who rolled Exile because of the queues. Now you can play your main! :unsmith:

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 3, 2014

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

panda clue posted:

So we have been asked to move to Warbringer because Pergo pops are really high, but as anyone who has played a mmo before will tell you this sort of choice ends in disaster. Warbringer will inevitably end up with a minuscule population and open-world pvp and raids will become a pipe dream. Queues on Pergo will eventually go down, but so will pops on Warbringer.

The merge is actually one of the better results, worst case we will have to move to a real server by rerolling our characters there. Who knows when or if character transfers will be available? I'll just say: Don't get too attached.

panda clue please stop posting

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
I wonder, never tried and only did a few BGs in my beta mode. Can you talk to your enemy in pvp? That is kinda.. crucial ><

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

I prescribe a dirt bath and a diet of freshwater karp.
Are there any decent online guides to ability builds? I'm fairly new to MMOs, I managed to figure out what stats to prioritise for my Warrior Tank, but no idea what AMPs or abilities to go for. It's a little confusing.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

THE PWNER posted:

So while the servers are down, any other espers really disappointed with the 2 alternative finishers?

Reaper only hits 1 target and does similar damage to Mind Burst while telekinetic storm does more damage than mind burst (but over time) and it's aoe damage could be wasted if the other targets move away from the mob it's stuck to. Mind burst just hits every target with its full damage instantly and you don't have to worry about any of that.

I was hoping these spells were changed since I last played beta but nope they're still just abysmal. I really hate mind burst because the start of the cone is so small, which seems to gently caress with hit detection if you spin around quickly and cast it, but there's just no alternative.

TK Storm is awesome in the second PvP BG since it sticks to people, you can drop it on a guy on the point and it covers like 75% of the platform and he has to either gtfo or do a bunch of damage to his allies.

Also tier 8 TK Storm is pretty much required for one esper to carry for the deflect chance reduction on bosses.

Reaper seems pretty crap but I've heard it's good for 1v1 pvp.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

THE PWNER posted:

So while the servers are down, any other espers really disappointed with the 2 alternative finishers?

Reaper only hits 1 target and does similar damage to Mind Burst while telekinetic storm does more damage than mind burst (but over time) and it's aoe damage could be wasted if the other targets move away from the mob it's stuck to. Mind burst just hits every target with its full damage instantly and you don't have to worry about any of that.

I was hoping these spells were changed since I last played beta but nope they're still just abysmal. I really hate mind burst because the start of the cone is so small, which seems to gently caress with hit detection if you spin around quickly and cast it, but there's just no alternative.

I didn't see this until I went to bed but Telekinetic Storm and Reaper are definitely solid PvP skills and Telekinetic Storm does bring a debuff at T8. If T8 Mind Burst weren't so good because of its empower effect Telekinetic Storm could be seen as a solid DPS Gain to rotate with Mind Burst while Reaper doesn't gain any real dps effects on its T4 and T8 which is sad.

The thing is with 48 points in a DPS esper spec you'll want to T8 either Psychic Frenzy or Telekinetic Strike, one Esper in your raid will want to T8 Haunt, and then you have one other skill to T8 and it will probably be mind burst because of that empower effect, but if you had just the one esper you'd T8 both of those debuffs.

But yeah in PvP both of the other finishers are fine. Also e;fb.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Strategy posted:

panda clue please stop posting

He's pasting a post from Radish on the offsite forums, if this helps.

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.

Rhymenoserous posted:

EDIT: Literally by the time I was 15 I had about 20 gold saved up, I've been spending excess gold on mats to unlock other architect patterns and mostly breaking even when I do that (I mean buying the mats then selling the item breaks even, the initial stash is fine).

Is this from just vendoring the items or from selling them on the auction house?
I did notice a few Blue quality containers I made sold for over 1g each(!?)

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Masonity posted:

Yeah.

Also just edited that post to add in that I will be making a guild once I can afford it, and asking for name suggestions.

I'm pretty sold on Goonlite Aurin Ranch to be honest, so we REALLY need better ideas!

Well, me and my friend made characters, who should we contact to get in touch?

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
I'd like to sell my outfitter gear on the AH but there's this awesome bug where it doesn't show people the stats of the item, just "random attribute". It's kind of annoying that bugs like this are in the game when they were reported several times in beta.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
code:
  (Mem) Error: Pointer does not refer to an allocated block of memory, or the block header is corrupt.
Check that the pointer is valid, has not already been freed, was not allocated using a
different allocator, and that the block header has not been overwritten.

000000013FDB8394 000000000024FD60  WildStar64 + 0x698394
  0000000077A259ED 000000000024FD90  kernel32!BaseThreadInitThunk() + 0xd
  0000000077B5C541 000000000024FDE0  ntdll!RtlUserThreadStart() + 0x21
Any clue what this thing is talking about in the crash logs? As I play on my CTDs get worse and worse and worse, from once an hour to once every 5-10 minutes and it's really pissing off anyone I group or PVP with. :(

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

SuicideSnowman posted:

I'd like to sell my outfitter gear on the AH but there's this awesome bug where it doesn't show people the stats of the item, just "random attribute". It's kind of annoying that bugs like this are in the game when they were reported several times in beta.
I swear when I bid on items at the AH it randomly has me bid on other items, or is showing me as the Top Bidder on items I never bid on. The user interface is also extremely clunky and the sort/filter feature seems useless and slow. The Commodity Broker is mostly fine other than not properly updating price shifts in real-time on Sell Now, but the Auction House is a hot mess at the moment.

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine
What are the limits on accounts created with the guest pass? (Except that they expire in 7 days)

Can they join guilds or trade?

Above Our Own fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 3, 2014

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

RottenK posted:

Well, me and my friend made characters, who should we contact to get in touch?

Sorry, the main euro guild's move to a server that doesn't have a 10 year queue means we're going to try hopping over there for a bit. I'm sure there will eventually be interest in a goon guild over on lightbringer though. Hell, I'd still join, just not lead seeing as i'm likely to mostly play over with everyone else now it's possible.

edit: The wife is likely to move back to lightbringer. her IG character name is Sindrela and she's a goon, albeit not a very active one.

Masonity fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 3, 2014

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist

BuhamutZeo posted:

code:
  (Mem) Error: Pointer does not refer to an allocated block of memory, or the block header is corrupt.
Check that the pointer is valid, has not already been freed, was not allocated using a
different allocator, and that the block header has not been overwritten.

000000013FDB8394 000000000024FD60  WildStar64 + 0x698394
  0000000077A259ED 000000000024FD90  kernel32!BaseThreadInitThunk() + 0xd
  0000000077B5C541 000000000024FDE0  ntdll!RtlUserThreadStart() + 0x21
Any clue what this thing is talking about in the crash logs? As I play on my CTDs get worse and worse and worse, from once an hour to once every 5-10 minutes and it's really pissing off anyone I group or PVP with. :(

This sounds like a either a bug in WildStar (or an odd configuration / mix of Addons maybe?), or memory corruption. Have you tried running Memtest?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

BuhamutZeo posted:

The only ones who could tell you what this means is the Wildstar devs, because it relates to the inner workings of the executable. File a bug report.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

One of these apparently dozen companion sites needs to start taking crafting variant formulas.

I know they don't work 100% consistently but there's usually only a single setup that can work.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a major city on each continent?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Character transfer time is taking roughtly half an hour to an hour, if anyone was curious.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
I played 4 BGs as Dominion last night before the servers went down. We got rolled by the Exiles in every one. Is this indicative of others experiences in BGs?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Koth posted:

I played 4 BGs as Dominion last night before the servers went down. We got rolled by the Exiles in every one. Is this indicative of others experiences in BGs?

I got rolled in 4 BGs in a row last night as an Exile. The only consistent was my own lovely play. I just felt like I couldn't do anything to get any objective accomplished in any map, and I think I will make sure I'm at an upper point on gear/levels in a bracket before playing more games.

I don't think there's any possible way to attribute wins/losses to anything right now other than randomness, because you have such an enormous spread of player experience, gear-level, level-level, and auto-scaling can't accomodate all of those variables to create very balanced match-ups. I'd wait to judge until end-game.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Koth posted:

I play exiles and it seems pretty 50/50 win/loss.

Top healer everytime by a large margin but the dps can't kill the enemy : /

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.
S/U Engineer seems really strong in battlegrounds.

However my sample size of 12-16 matches has me winning every Moodi match and like 20% of the domination ones.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
How's the gold from leveling in pvp? An I going to have to grind to get my mount when I hit 15?

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Apparently I've got guest passes.

TJJBIF1I7CHGG81FRL5W

TJJD63B2PF25MF55U0UB

TJJQYJ1TA1FOMRRBGADE

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I really hope that they fix this "your settings get reset every time you log out" nonsense.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
The reason I asked how many characters you took to cap in beta is simple: Every zone was the same copy paste quests and content layout. There are literally ~5 quest types in the game with mad libs for what/where/why. This becomes painfully apparent towards the end.

I enjoyed stalker and want to play medic in retail, it's just difficult to fathom doing it a third time. Both exile and dominion sides are the same kill 10 rats ad nauseum. Both of these classes are great, I just wish the content wasn't so bland.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

How's the gold from leveling in pvp? An I going to have to grind to get my mount when I hit 15?

You sure won't. If anything PVP is a net loss in money.

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR

sinewave posted:

There are literally ~5 quest types in the game with mad libs for what/where/why.

What you're describing is the pve levelling system of the MMO genre. It's like complaining about jumping puzzles in a platformer.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Rhymenoserous posted:

Depends. If you get lucky with housing items you can make quite a bit of cash vendoring them.

sinewave posted:

The reason I asked how many characters you took to cap in beta is simple: Every zone was the same copy paste quests and content layout. There are literally ~5 quest types in the game with mad libs for what/where/why. This becomes painfully apparent towards the end.

I enjoyed stalker and want to play medic in retail, it's just difficult to fathom doing it a third time. Both exile and dominion sides are the same kill 10 rats ad nauseum. Both of these classes are great, I just wish the content wasn't so bland.

Sorry you were dumb and burned out on the game during beta.

Doublestep fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 3, 2014

khy
Aug 15, 2005

kuroiXiru posted:

TJJBIF1I7CHGG81FRL5W

TJJD63B2PF25MF55U0UB

TJJQYJ1TA1FOMRRBGADE

Where does one find their guest passes? I couldn't find it under account management and haven't received any e-mails or anything.

I have friends who want to get in.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011

y_y posted:

This sounds like a either a bug in WildStar (or an odd configuration / mix of Addons maybe?), or memory corruption. Have you tried running Memtest?

I have, ran it for 12 hours with 0 errors, but I hear even that can let things slip at times. These crashes started sometime around the end of closed beta when they introduced that new, "slimmer" UI.

Collateral Damage posted:

The only ones who could tell you what this means is the Wildstar devs, because it relates to the inner workings of the executable. File a bug report.

Ok. :ohdear:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Rhymenoserous posted:

How? Each round give you like 10+ silver plus if you win you get a chest with an item. You should not be losing money.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

Man, I wish I could figure out how the auctioning in this game works and make some of those crazy bucks, because the tooltips are no help at all and I would quite like a mount and money for architect mats.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Not sure if the correct person will see this, but I'm trying to sponsor a friend and getting an error. When I put in his forum name it just says Unexpected error, but then it keeps filling up my "you have 5/10 sponsorships" when I really only have one.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

kuroiXiru posted:

TJJBIF1I7CHGG81FRL5W

TJJD63B2PF25MF55U0UB

TJJQYJ1TA1FOMRRBGADE

EU I assume?

I haven't gotten an email or know where to find my guest passes and I'm on NA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
At level 15 I had like 3 gold on hand, buying nothing but skills and just going back to town to ressurrect when I died instead of paying to come back on the spot. Then about halfway through 16 I noticed I had like 12 gold so I suppose quest rewards suddenly shot up around that level. :shrug:

• Locked thread