Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Alright after Tribal I'm putting up a C9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tribal Council 8

Bundlepile Tribe, Welcome to Tribal Council. We're now merged, and Tribal Council goes from being bad for the tribe, to now bad for you on an individual basis now that the game has come down to an every man for themselves type game.

During Tribal Council, you are NOT allowed to communicate outside of the thread by any means. No PMing eachother, no communicating in external docs, all talking occurs inside this thread. You can talk outside of answering the questions, but it must all be contained in this thread while Tribal Council is going on.

As is tradition with Tribal Council, we have some questions, submitted by players not attending tonight and from those in the viewer's vista. You must answer the questions asked to you in this thread before you're allowed to cast a vote. I will open voting when everyone has answered their questions. Failure to cast a vote by the deadline (1:00 AM Tonight) will result in a vote cast for yourself.

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

Propaganda Machine, Majuju, Ice Phoenix, Byers: you all were obviously quite shocked by last tribal council. This is the first time since the shuffle that Original Durfs have been in the minority, how does it feel to be vulnerable?

Winson, you made a startling confession seconds before the last challenge. What prompted you to say what you did and how do you think it has affected your relationships with your fellow survivors?

Dhaes, Prop Machine, you both ended the auction with all of your money. What was your strategy in this challenge?

Majuju, Fast Luck, McEdger, you guys "won" some pretty awesome rewards in the Auction. Thoughts on these gifts?

Questions for everybody

Individual immunity was hidden after the challenge. How does not knowing affect your plans tonight?

We're getting to fairly low numbers and there has still been no hidden immunity idol played. Is it time to be concerned about who has one and how it'll be used?

Who's the scum, and why is it Winson_Paine?

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 4, 2014

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Dhaes, Prop Machine, you both ended the auction with all of your money. What was your strategy in this challenge?
:lol:

quote:

Individual immunity was hidden after the challenge. How does not knowing affect your plans tonight?
I'm all good :)

quote:

After tonight you'll be down to half the people the game started with. Did you expect to make it this far and what have you learned so far that will help you going forward (actually save this question for next week when it's 9)
I did not expect it at all! I need to talk to more people and have more fun.

quote:

We're getting to fairly low numbers and there has still been no hidden immunity idol played. Is it time to be concerned about who has one and how it'll be used?
I'm going to let everyone else worry about that.

quote:

Indeed.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

John Cena posted:

Propaganda Machine, Majuju, Ice Phoenix, Byers: you all were obviously quite shocked by last tribal council. This is the first time since the shuffle that Original Durfs have been in the minority, how does it feel to be vulnerable?

lovely. Really lovely. I made a play the tribal before, and Winson's jump completely hosed me as it left me exposed and without an Alliance. It's literally the worst thing that could have happened for me last tribal.

quote:

I'm playing like I don't have immunity, so unless a loving magical glitter slug grants immunity, I'm on the block.

quote:

After tonight you'll be down to half the people the game started with. Did you expect to make it this far and what have you learned so far that will help you going forward (actually save this question for next week when it's 9)

If you're playing multiple alliances, don't let someone know you're playing multiple alliances and not fill them in on what you're doing, or they might flip on you at the worst time imaginable (actually save this question for next week when it's 9).

quote:

Yep.

quote:

Did I not explain the whole star thing earlier?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

John Cena posted:

Questions for everybody

Make the best choice you can, cross your fingers, cross your toes, crack your knuckles, sack up, insert cliches here

posted:

I honestly never expected to make it this far. At this point... never trust a person fully unless you have to, keep a finger in the wind, and follow your gut on what will help you, your alliance and your goals the best.

posted:

See question one. I thought you guys would merge similar questions into one big question?

posted:

All mods must hang.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

John Cena posted:

Tribal Council 8

It sucks, obviously. You try to scramble and either hope you can somehow form a new majority or at least end up not on the bottom. But this isn't the first time I felt this way. At this point all I can do is hope I'm not on the bottom.

quote:

It depends on your definition of hidden. I'm pretty sure only one of the items at auction wasn't revealed so it's pretty easy to figure out what's there.

quote:

OH LOOK JOHN CENA CAN'T COUNT AGAIN

quote:

I don't think it's a factor yet, no.

quote:

John Cena and Asiina.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

windshipper posted:

All mods must hang.

No Mods No Masters, should be our game's motto.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Majuju, Fast Luck, McEdger, you guys "won" some pretty awesome rewards in the Auction. Thoughts on these gifts?
Well, I was having a lot of trouble putting in my bids before the other buyers, so my purchase was a great victory for me. I did it! It not being a game advantage is just how things work in covered auctions on Survivor. Bummed out, but I'll wear it like a badge of honor.

If you want to vote out someone whose item was sent by private message, you just need to have a back-up option in case they're revealed to have immunity. It's a wrinkle, but not one that can't be ironed out.

But what if I'm not here next week when it's 9? :ohdear:

Hidden idols have become big talk lately. I think everyone in the game has the same idea of where both of them are right now. For the Andy-slayers, that missing idol is a major obstacle.

I'm not sure.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

It depends on your definition of hidden. I'm pretty sure only one of the items at auction wasn't revealed so it's pretty easy to figure out what's there.

Wait, really? Does that mean that my magical glittery slug is the immunity necklace for tonight? Am I safe?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

It sucks but I understand why people made the decisions they did. This is a game where one person is going to win, and ultimately people have to look out for themselves. That said I'm still in the game and anything can happen.

I only own two pairs of shoes so it's not a difficult choice. I hope I am chill enough for BYOB!

Well, it's going to be revealed at the time of voting, so at least it's not some kind of crazy idol math. It's easy enough to have an alternate choice.

Not exactly, but I was allied with some strong players early on and we had exceedingly good luck through the pre-merge phase. I have learned that betrayal is inevitable and it affects me poorly on a real-life level, though. :( correspondingly I've learned I'm maybe too into this game.

This is a thing that is flying around all over the place, to the point that it's pointless to consider it a factor.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

No Mods No Masters, should be our game's motto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsnKkXFQYqU

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

John Cena posted:

My strategy was going to be just bet 500 on something and leave but then there was a stupid maximum of 50 rule and I had errands to run so I did those and didn't really care that much after I saw someone "win" a cat gif so I just left to go do those

quote:

It doesn't. I mean immunity can be most anyone so might as well vote how I already intended.

quote:

Still not even clear on how they work so no I don't really care. All part of the game, I suppose!

quote:

well gee wizz

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I'm in.

We're voting John Cena tonight, y'all. You might not want to, but I want you to close your eyes. Imagine a vast, open sea. Waves gently lapping in the cool night breeze. The taste of salt on the air, and the call of gulls in the sky.

Somewhere out there is a one space sub, and you can't open your eyes until you find it.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

I'm in.

We're voting John Cena tonight, y'all. You might not want to, but I want you to close your eyes. Imagine a vast, open sea. Waves gently lapping in the cool night breeze. The taste of salt on the air, and the call of gulls in the sky.

Somewhere out there is a one space sub, and you can't open your eyes until you find it.

Find your sticks and beat the waters to punish them for their actions!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

John Cena posted:

What exactly do you mean by "obviously quite shocked?"

I've been vulnerable in every Tribal Council I've had to sit through. I went into this game knowing that unless you have immunity, you're vulnerable. Sure, tonight is nerve-wracking. So was last time, and the time before.

quote:

Bid early and bid often. I had a few failed $500 bids. Frustrating as hell.

quote:

After what challenge? There was one idol pre-merge, and one idol post-merge, as per the OP. I have neither idol, and so I live in fear.

quote:

I never expected much, especially after the tribe swap. The only thing I can say I've learned is that my trust issues will probably require years of therapy.

quote:

As I already said, I live in perpetual fear of the idols. It's impossible to plan anything concretely at this stage, let alone anticipate any kind of idol move. There is simply going to be idol fear until both idols are used and gone and out of play, if we should even be so lucky.

quote:

Because Ponies.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-FFdYoq2r8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6kj9XE88z0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7_3n7xyDg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DTWGmcEY4Q

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

can this be mandatory for everyone from here on out

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Majuju posted:

Not sure you want that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkEisdaFRzU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

John Cena posted:

Winson, you made a startling confession seconds before the last challenge. What prompted you to say what you did and how do you think it has affected your relationships with your fellow survivors?

Well, a few reasons. I sorta spelled it out above, but I figured when Durf got to six people the phone was gonna stop ringin' for ol' winnie. So when someone offered me a chance to jump ship, I took it. I figure they are also probably going to throw me into the blender sooner or later too, but at least they are nice enough to kiss me goodbye first, more or less. I said what I did because they pretty much had it figured out, and some of you may have noticed from Mafia games or whatever I am kind of poo poo at dissembling. Plus, and this is the true truth, I felt bad. I am not made for this game, I think.

quote:

My plans are what you might call FLEXIBLE, John. You know what I mean, right? You know what you sent me.

quote:

I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors but I think John Cena has a sick sense of humor and when I die, I expect to find him laaaaaaaughing.

quote:

Mods can't be trusted. You know how it is. Also, and this is key, if I win this game? I will devote all the power I have to do so into getting archives back. That is a promise. Every ounce of capacity I have to get search and archives fixed will be bent towards that purpose, until it is fixed or I am spent.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

I am not made for this game, I think.

:hf:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Okay guys, it's now time to vote. Using the above template, fill out on the parchment who you wish to vote for. The person that receives the highest number of votes is the next person voted out of this game, losing their chance at the $75 grand prize.

There is to be no further posting or communication in or out of thread until the vote is revealed.

The person who won Individual Immunity tonight is: Bowmore! Nobody can vote for Bowmore. Send in your votes.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Majuju posted:

Gonna play the banjo for you when you get voted out, if you do.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

John Cena posted:

The person who won Individual Immunity tonight is: Bowmore! Nobody can vote for Bowmore. Send in your votes.
yay!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's time to reveal the votes. After the votes are read, the player with the highest number of votes cast against them will be the next player eliminated. If anyone has the Hidden Immunity Idol, and you want to play it, now would be the time to do so.

Majuju has stood up

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Majuju posted:

Hello Cena, I am using my Hidden Immunity Idol to protect Propaganda Machine.

The rules of Awful Survivor state that if a Hidden Immunity Idol is played on somebody, all votes against them would not count, and the person with the next highest number of votes would instead be voted out.

This is a Hidden Immunity Idol. All votes cast for Propaganda Machine will not count.

Let's get to the vote...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Propaganda Machine, does not count.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

John Cena posted:

The rules of Awful Survivor state that if a Hidden Immunity Idol is played on somebody, all votes against them would not count, and the person with the next highest number of votes would instead be voted out.

This is a Hidden Immunity Idol. All votes cast for Propaganda Machine will not count.

Let's get to the vote...

:stare:

Th-thanks, Maju!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Propaganda Machine, does not count. We still have zero valid votes.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

John Cena posted:

Let's get to the vote...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sULApw8TZ5A

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

One vote Dhaes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Two votes Dhaes

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ninth person voted out of Awful Survivor: BYOB, and the third member of our jury...

Three votes out of a possible five is enough, carry your torch over here.

Dhaes, the tribe has spoken.

It's time for you to go.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988