Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlazeHeatsin
May 29, 2014
I like how Super Buu gains more of a personality as he absorbed more people. An example is when he's fighting Gotenks; Super Buu is awkward and doesn't really talk much. However, when he's against Vegito, Super Buu wouldn't shut up about how he hates Vegito and his arrogance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MastG
May 25, 2014

XboxPants posted:

If there's a villain more deserving of rockin' evil clown music I'm not sure who it is.

I'd say Android 19 but he got even clownier music when he was introduced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gohph5Ur9Xo

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

MastG posted:

Ahahahaha, that's some serious 3 ring circus poo poo right there. Nice and creepy, too, which fits him well as a member of the "wtf even are you" Chiaotzu race.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

PiedPiper posted:

If Vegeta were a good boss, he would've said 'Okay, Nappa, I'm gonna finish here, you sit down and abuse your zenkai ability'. After they were done there (and having Nappa to back him would not let Vegeta be harmed by Yajirobe), he could simply reduce Nappa's allowance or something.

Basically, Vegeta is a good tactician but not a very bright strategist.
Goku actually crippled Nappa, though? Like he broke his back. From Vegeta's perspective he probably expected Kakkarott to just try to use Nappa as a distraction against him.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

MastG posted:

I don't remember this track at all but holy wow is it bad.

I always found Super Buu to be the scariest/creepiest form of Buu, so the clown music doesn't really fit with me. Plus I specifically picked that track because I remember it being particularly annoying when I watched the show, but maybe I'm in the minority on this subject.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

MastG posted:

I'm pretty sure I heard this during the Garlic Jr saga and always found it okay even if it's a little weird.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Nessus posted:

Goku actually crippled Nappa, though? Like he broke his back. From Vegeta's perspective he probably expected Kakkarott to just try to use Nappa as a distraction against him.

Yeah this is true. I think the original piece of dialogue regarding him killing Nappa was along the lines of 'what's the use of a paralyzed Saiyan?' Or something. He was essentially putting Nappa out of his misery.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

crankdatbatman posted:

Yeah this is true. I think the original piece of dialogue regarding him killing Nappa was along the lines of 'what's the use of a paralyzed Saiyan?' Or something. He was essentially putting Nappa out of his misery.
Having a blast doing it, admittedly.

MastG
May 25, 2014

Nessus posted:

I wonder what would have happened if Goku mentioned giving Nappa a bean at some point.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

MastG posted:

I wonder what would have happened if Goku mentioned giving Nappa a bean at some point.

Vegeta might have overheard it and thought that 'giving a bean' is some sort of euphemism pertaining to sexual abuse.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Rewatching the History of Trunks movie after a few years, I'm pretty impressed by its quality relative to the other DBZ movies. Everything in it actually feels consequential, the motivations across-the-board are clear (as opposed to Vegeta showing up just because nobody else is allowed to fight Goku or whatever) and there are a lot of compelling elements to the fighting. It's clear that Gohan slightly outclasses either of the Androids individually, but he doesn't have a shot at beating both of them. It's got a lot of emotional moments that the other movies lack almost entirely (Bulma freaking out when Trunks goes to confront the androids, Gohan sacrificing his arm to keep Trunks alive, Trunks becoming a Super Saiyan), as well. The film lends a lot of characterization to the androids and makes pretty much everything about Future Trunks make sense, especially his obsession with raw power and his pragmatism. A lot of the music is terrible, that's a negative.

I can't imagine TFS ever giving the parody treatment to it, though. There's virtually no situational humor to be mined from it. I guess they could take some shots at the '90s vibe and a lot of the more angsty moments.

It kind of bothers me that the android's reign has been going on for more than a decade at this point and there's still a bunch of cities left to be blown up. Guess it's supposed to indicate that the androids don't have any interest in actually destroying the human race, just playing around with it for the rest of eternity, letting it rebuild for the sake of destroying poo poo again.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

surf rock posted:

It kind of bothers me that the android's reign has been going on for more than a decade at this point and there's still a bunch of cities left to be blown up. Guess it's supposed to indicate that the androids don't have any interest in actually destroying the human race, just playing around with it for the rest of eternity, letting it rebuild for the sake of destroying poo poo again.

Could also have something to do with 17's obsession about driving cars instead of just flying around.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Looking at Team Four Star's twitter and their website, sounds like the Cooler movie and the next episode will be out really soon. I'm really looking forward to it!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Astus posted:

Could also have something to do with 17's obsession about driving cars instead of just flying around.

They fully destroyed one of the continents. It just takes them a while to drive through the oceans.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

surf rock posted:

Rewatching the History of Trunks movie after a few years, I'm pretty impressed by its quality relative to the other DBZ movies. Everything in it actually feels consequential, the motivations across-the-board are clear (as opposed to Vegeta showing up just because nobody else is allowed to fight Goku or whatever) and there are a lot of compelling elements to the fighting.

That's because it's an OAV created around stuff Toriyama already worked up as opposed to a movie that Toei made up completely on their own.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Astus posted:

They had to wait a couple of years while he learned how to pilot an aeroplane.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
One of my favorite things about DBZ is that dudes who can fly, run too fast to see, and even loving teleport think driving cars is pretty rad.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Darko posted:

That's because it's an OAV created around stuff Toriyama already worked up as opposed to a movie that Toei made up completely on their own.

My favorite moment in the history of Trunks manga version is when Trunks goes off to fight the androids alone for the first time after becoming a Super Saiyan. He flies off all full of piss and vinegar, you turn the page and... he is waking up in a hospital bed. Its just wonderful.

MastG
May 25, 2014

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

One of my favorite things about DBZ is that dudes who can fly, run too fast to see, and even loving teleport think driving cars is pretty rad.

They could destroy whole planets if they wanted but they're absolutely frightened by their wives.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
COOLER 2: THE RETURN OF COOLERS REVENGE – THE RECKONING

Is up on the TFS site. Get you some.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gildiss posted:

COOLER 2: THE RETURN OF COOLERS REVENGE – THE RECKONING

Is up on the TFS site. Get you some.

It is pretty good, not every joke works but its still works (overall) really well.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Pretty cool to have ClapTrap's VA provide a cameo voice.

Also Vegeta's running joke was simple, childish, and I loved every second of it :allears:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I can't believe all 500 of them kicked you in the dick.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm disappointed they wasted the dick punching joke one movie before it actually happens.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Like they are going to do that movie.

:colbert:

I also forgot this one of the movies Piccolo does not actually get that wrecked/jobbed.

edit:vvvv I was kinda wishing he would scream out Destructo Disk actually.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 8, 2014

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I liked the little South Park musical sting after Goku says "I learned something today."

Once again, Vegeta remains the only person who can use the Kienzan properly.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I'm disappointed they wasted the dick punching joke one movie before it actually happens.

Maybe this was a preparation for it.

Vegeta's running gag was fantastic, but the movie was pretty incoherent. Does the source material make any more sense?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Prison Warden posted:

I liked the little South Park musical sting after Goku says "I learned something today."

I want to say that was Scrubs actually, but it's been forever since I've seen either.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Some Numbers posted:

Vegeta's running gag was fantastic, but the movie was pretty incoherent. Does the source material make any more sense?

Not really no. They basically cut out all the fat. Trust me the orginal movie drags a way too bit with the fighting.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I want to say that was Scrubs actually, but it's been forever since I've seen either.

Ah yeah, musically I think you are right. I just associate that phrase with Kyle so whatever.

So Vegeta got there in his ship.. but WHY was he there?

And aside from forgetting he could go super saiyan for a while, Goku also seemed to forget his power of unlimited-distance teleportation.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Prison Warden posted:

Ah yeah, musically I think you are right. I just associate that phrase with Kyle so whatever.

So Vegeta got there in his ship.. but WHY was he there?

Dragon Ball Z movie reasons.

Return of Cooler was loving awful.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah it was pretty bad. I kinda put this up there with Bio Brolly. Not once but twice did they decide oh hey dude is dead.

SIKE!

Also plot was basically Dende asking for help from them and they go to the new namek to find out was wrong and then well the movie happens. Pretty much how it goes. They fight the robots, find out Cooler is behind this and yeah Vegeta just shows up for no reason.

edit: Still I enjoyed the abridge. Some jokes were flat, but I was excited to finally see Vegeta's debut in a movie.

Much as I hate the Brolly movie, kinda wanna see them do it because holy poo poo is Vegeta really afraid of Brolly.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 8, 2014

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

"But enough about me, let's kill YOU."

Oh god, my Foodfight PTSD is coming right back. :shepicide:

It had enough to make me chuckle quite a bit, and that's just fine. Looking forward to Cell more.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

it's the best of all the dbz movies :colbert:.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Some Numbers posted:

God no. God no.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Shindragon posted:

Much as I hate the Brolly movie, kinda wanna see them do it because holy poo poo is Vegeta really afraid of Brolly.

I liked Broly's first movie, personally. It has a fair amount going on for a while, until it got dumb as all hell. That's high praise for a DBZ movie.

The worst part about Broly is that he got three movies in less than a year and a half. Toei are the true monsters.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 8, 2014

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

it's the best of all the dbz movies :colbert:.

I unironically think it's at least top 3.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I totally forgot, Return of Cooler got a theatrical release in the US, alongside Fusion Reborn.

There is so goddamn much wrong with that.

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

fusion reborn is good though

Exactly. :smith:

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 8, 2014

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Oh defintely. The best. We see familar faces, we see loving goddamn Hitler.

Plus at that point it was basically after the Fat Buu saga when Vegeta sacrificed himself. Kinda sucks the ending of that movie he has to go back to hell and lose his body form but at least he was chill with it. :unsmith:

• Locked thread