Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Rulebook Heavily posted:

A wolf. Kell's brother, I think actually. He stopped trying to hunt prey because he was awful at it and found his "natural size" and has remained there ever since.

God drat it Zereth I try to forget these things.
THERE IS NO ESCAPE FROM THIS CURSE BUT DEATH :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Zereth posted:

THERE IS NO ESCAPE FROM THIS CURSE BUT DEATH :unsmigghh:

on death you will be turned into a sentient garden statue

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX

Rulebook Heavily posted:

A wolf. Kell's brother, I think actually. He stopped trying to hunt prey because he was awful at it and found his "natural size" and has remained there ever since.

God drat it Zereth I try to forget these things.
The full story is actually much stupider than that! :eng101: Ralph used to try to murder Kevin on a regular basis, but was so hopeless at it that nobody really cared. Turns out he's bad at murder because of this:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

RevKrule posted:

"And I will now give you the book you need for free because that always happens!"

I wish I could stop reading Funky Winkerbean :(

The hardened, ruthless manchild collector became that way after his mom threw out his comics, didn't he?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Suppose the colorist took it upon him/herself to give that kid pit stains? Or is that as Greg intended? Because the rest of this comic is dumb, but I like that touch.

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

We're still cool, Nona! The Internet loves pretending they know about that cat, too!

The Amazing Spider-Man

In Sunday's strip a news bulliten went out on the radio saying that Doc Ock was helping the prison guards prevent the escapes. How does this radio news guy who isn't even there know about this when the warden doesn't?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Suppose the colorist took it upon him/herself to give that kid pit stains? Or is that as Greg intended? Because the rest of this comic is dumb, but I like that touch.

I like that they're chatting about how great they are while they do absolutely nothing about that kid getting mugged within earshot.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
God, everyone in Kevin and Kell is related to one another - I forgot that the sheep was half wolf (???) but definately remembered that her weirdo boyfriend got stomach implants so he could be vegetarian.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Pidmon posted:

God, everyone in Kevin and Kell is related to one another - I forgot that the sheep was half wolf (???) but definately remembered that her weirdo boyfriend got stomach implants so he could be vegetarian.

gently caress what you eat.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Voltin Bolt posted:

The full story is actually much stupider than that! :eng101: Ralph used to try to murder Kevin on a regular basis, but was so hopeless at it that nobody really cared. Turns out he's bad at murder because of this:

"No, actually I killed and ate her after your first birthday."

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Blhue posted:

I like that they're chatting about how great they are while they do absolutely nothing about that kid getting mugged within earshot.

It's a startling meta-commentary on why bullying is an issue; faculty will blissfully ignore it even when it's literally happening outside their office door.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

In Sunday's strip a news bulliten went out on the radio saying that Doc Ock was helping the prison guards prevent the escapes. How does this radio news guy who isn't even there know about this when the warden doesn't?

It's a Pulp-Fiction-esque anachronistic order.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

LtStorm posted:

That's most likely a placebo effect born out of the sincere but wrong belief that the brand medication is any different than the generic. Get a loved one to buy your medicine for you so they can save money by buying generic and putting it into a brand-name bottle for you.

vvv Yeah, well, there's a reason I'm not a doctor or pharmacist. It is true generics can have small differences from the way people react to the filler to differences in the coating causing a change in the release or uptake of the medicine, which is super important for things like anti-depressants or other long-term medicines. I base my comment on when people say, "No Ibuprofen won't work, I need Advil." or "I need Bayer Aspirin, CVS Aspirin is made cheap."

It's for epilepsy, so it's not really the type of thing that can be cured psychosomatically.

But yeah, agreed that being picky about something simple like headache relief would be very dumb and very Dinette Set.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 4, 2014

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (June 5, 1956)

Droodles (June 5, 1956)

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Read Marx, Bernice.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

What is that, um, "animal" supposed to be? I mean, I'm assuming some sort of a herbivore because Kevin, but I have no idea what it could be based on how Holbrook drew it. Groundhog maybe? Gotta be because it's got two chins.

That's a wolf. Was a former "villain"; after having his life ruined by the protagonists he disappeared for a while, developed an eating problem, and came back to work for them and be comic relief.

I am not joking.

Edit: Whoops, forgot I had a backlog of like fifty posts before responding to this, so I'm really late. Oh well.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

The Mope

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Radio Patrol

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

My how far we've come.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

HOW DOES THIS EVEN WORK

Seriously, were they trying to hit her? Did the pitch have to get dodged too? Is this a failed assassination attempt on Nancy?

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Geech preaches hellfire and damnation.

Meanwhile, Inspector Danger can't solve this mystery.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

No need to send a big bad after the gate party, because Anansi is a traitor! A pretty decent (if short) bit of foreshadowing. Also, the look on Kotick's face is pretty incredible.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Hell yeah, homework sucks

e: I can't read.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

gently caress what you eat.

Holy poo poo did I laugh at that! You loving nailed it Cricken! :v: Now, every time I post it, that's going to run right through my head...

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

I'm trying here ZNJ, really, I'm trying really, really hard to figure out :wtf:...

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Wait, that was the plan? That was the whole plan? Some random little girl paints at the museum and this means they get more doners somehow?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Green Intern posted:

No need to send a big bad after the gate party, because Anansi is a traitor! A pretty decent (if short) bit of foreshadowing. Also, the look on Kotick's face is pretty incredible.

Anansi will probably turn out to be a triple-agent. I mean, if you're the 4th-wall breaking character on the team, and you know that superspy teams likes this often have a traitor, why not fill the spot yourself so someone else can't, and then just help the team anyway?

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
Guys, not to get all First World Problems, but...

... a Facebook friend of mine just posted a 9CL comic on his feed.

I may have to disown somebody :negative:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Just shoot both Mandrakes? :confused:

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Mandrake sucks so much, there's no sense of tension and the storylines are pissweak. "Oh no a gun- wait nevermind magic boy is just going to make everybody not him poo poo themselves AGAIN over the course of 7 years"

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

I'm just going to remind people that Lothar is sick of this poo poo too.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

"Pal, I got in a cutting-each-others'-heads-off contest with a guy once. I'm still here. You want to try your hand?"

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Retail

You know what this comic needs? An encore of a long-forgotten character that no one cares about!

Could we please just cut to the part where Cooper and Marla get caught for all their illegal hypocritical bullshit and finally fired and arrested? This is where this is going right?

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

You know Bleeker if you had just said nothing they probably would have just kept reading.

He was going to say waffle. Christ Bleeker, you're so paranoid.

Dustin

What's the matter? Miss making partner?

Dollars to donuts that some goons here can't read this and have to ask what it says.

On the Fastrack

Freaky.

I for one want equal representation in my ruthless corporate CEOs.

Safe Havens

That's a pretty inconvenient curse.

I can't tell if that's good or bad. I mean, it must be pretty bad if you'd rather live as a fish in a tank 12 hours a day here than a mermaid 24 hours of the day there.

Seems like you could recruit an endless supply of underpaid teachers from the human world.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jun 4, 2014

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

The answer posted:

The driver's seat is moved back to accomodate the gator's long legs. If the short cat was driving, the seat would be in a more forward position.

Slylock Fox

Sacrificial ritual of octopus to the rain gods?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock Fox

Sacrificial ritual of octopus to the rain gods?

Beat the turtle to death with the hose, use his shell to collect rainwater?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

I do like how the heroic knights aren't all goody-two-shoes. Sometimes they decide it's easier to just barge onto a boat and threaten to kill some dudes.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Massilia.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Get a rope.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Safe Havens in a nutshell: "I used The DNA"

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jun 4, 2014

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Thatababy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
The whole Safe Havens merpeople/just leisurely DNA swapping/trapeze attached to nothing sub plot is truly strange -- even for Holbrook. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

Jesus, Paige...

And we're yanked out of the prior story arc, and apparently dropped back into the present, which is actually a flashback, quite possibly within several other nested flashbacks in today's Jane's World.

Non Sequitur

True, Joe. It appears Cap'n Eddie does have his own personal form of sign language.

Heavenly Nostrils catches up...

Kliban

:v:

9 Chickweed Lane 6/4/2003

:ughh:

Zits

I know far too many people with this trait.

Kevin & Kell

Christ that's bad...

:v:

• Locked thread