Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

PureRok posted:

Wait, you could get married in previous Empires games? Huh. I have DW7 Empires and that's never come up.

Sure could, you had to build up enough relationship between people for it.

The greatest warrior needed a warrior wife, so I just stuck Lu Bu and Zhurong together in my playthrough. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

The greatest warrior needed a warrior wife, so I just stuck Lu Bu and Zhurong together in my playthrough. :v:

I feel like they must have put their child into hibernation for a thousand years until he woke up and became Genghis Khan.

("We've killed everyone strong enough to challenge our son in this era! He must sleep until the world can be crushed again!")

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I'm really enjoying this on PC. Hopefully empires will come.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I was hoping Cheng Pu never getting added was some sort of running joke from omega Force.

(If it is only one of those guys getting added, I really hope its Xun Yu. Dude was such an important part of Wei's rise to power I'm pretty surprised he wasn't in already.)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Man I hope this poo poo comes to PC, because I would buy the gently caress out of this. Empires mode, best mode.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Being able to edit things about my army itself was already on my wish list, so that's great. I really hope they expand on what regular officers and Vagabond Units can do because those roles were really barebones.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
My dream is they one day just release a Empires game that is a repackaged RotK game.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I'm doing Lu Bu's final hypothetical mission on normal and Guan Yu and Zhang Fei showed up as reinforcements for the enemy. Lu Bu talks about how Chen Gong can't handle those two alone so I start doubletiming through the siege to get back to the ram and him.

Then one of my minor officers takes out Guan Yu within 30 seconds of contact on the map. Lu Bu's army doesn't gently caress around. :stonklol:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Lu Bu's hypothetical route is great because, unlike the rest of 8XL's missions, your morale is constantly soaring so you can focus on murder without having to babysit officers.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I hope they redo all the edit parts. The ones in 7 were part new stuff and most old stuff. The differences between the two were pretty noticeable.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

oh god, i want it so badly, please, please come out in america :negative:

You can edit your horses and flags! Goddamn! Goddamn!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Belzac posted:

My dream is they one day just release a Empires game that is a repackaged RotK game.

Work from Samurai Warriors 2 and 3 Empires, those two combined would be so close to a fully fledged RotK game.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

The GIG posted:

Lu Bu's hypothetical route is great because, unlike the rest of 8XL's missions, your morale is constantly soaring so you can focus on murder without having to babysit officers.

It's great because Lu Bu (why can't I win?) and Chen Gong (why won't you follow my strategies?) aren't whiny bitches like in the Historical Route.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Chen Gong is pretty awesome when he's being a smug fucker and pointing out ambushes and stuff. Probably my favorite strategist yet. :v:

Although I cannot get the hang of the scrolls he uses, I can't do poo poo with them.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kitfox88 posted:

Although I cannot get the hang of the scrolls he uses, I can't do poo poo with them.

Just abuse the hell out of that 5 light + heavy where he has guys shield-rush, that and the 4 light + heavy popup got me through levels with him pretty safely.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I like Chen Gong's smugness a lot better than Sima Yi's or Zhuge Liang's. He's fun.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

He hams that poo poo up FOR MASTER LU BU instead of just being :smug: which owns. Also it took 2 and a half story modes for me to realize rage musou needs you to hold the button down. :saddowns:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Speedball posted:

I like Chen Gong's smugness a lot better than Sima Yi's or Zhuge Liang's. He's fun.

Pfft. Chen Gong doesn't have nearly as awesome an evil laugh as Sima Yi does.

Also Chen Gong and Lu Bu being whiny dicks to each other was the best part of the entire Lu Bu storyline.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Speedball posted:

I loved Sima Yi's evil smugness in DW7, it doesn't really come through in DW8 when he is the hen-pecked husband.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ya'll hear about the new samurai warriors 4?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiuGL7Y2U4E
This game already released in Japan right? How is it?

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Are there any plans to bring the console DLC to the PC version? I want to play ancient Chinese dressup but I don't want to sacrifice the performance gains from running this game on a really powerful machine.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

OatmealRaisin posted:

Are there any plans to bring the console DLC to the PC version? I want to play ancient Chinese dressup but I don't want to sacrifice the performance gains from running this game on a really powerful machine.

They confirmed in twitter that they're bringing over the DLC.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I'm semi-glad. Annoyed at extra payment for a 'complete edition'. Glad they're willing to make it complete. There's also the fact they already gave us DLC that one could say we should not have gotten.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Fauxtool posted:

Playing through 3 in preparation. After playing through DW 7 and 8, SW 3 feels like I'm playing a PS2 era Warriors game and it's so stiff compared to those. Can't wait for an "HD" Samurai Warriors.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fauxtool posted:

It's possibly the best game in the series yet, mechanically and graphically anyway. It's a big apology for how bad 3 was.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PureRok posted:

Playing through 3 in preparation. After playing through DW 7 and 8, SW 3 feels like I'm playing a PS2 era Warriors game and it's so stiff compared to those. Can't wait for an "HD" Samurai Warriors.

The only SW game I played was the orochi that had character swapping if that even counts. It felt terrible and I gave up 3 missions in. Reading about the core mechanics of this one sounds like its going to be fantastic.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 4, 2014

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Fingers crossed that this comes to PC. I played the poo poo out of Samurai Warriors 2 but don't have any console newer than a Wii.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Fauxtool posted:

The only SW game I played was the orochi that had character swapping if that even counts.

That's all of them.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Fauxtool posted:

The only SW game I played was the orochi that had character swapping if that even counts. It felt terrible and I gave up 3 missions in. Reading about the core mechanics of this one sounds like its going to be fantastic.

Well, Orochi isn't a Samurai Warriors game, and none of the SW games have had that. The character swapping is Orochi only.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Goddamnit. Having a 360 and no money for better systems sucks. I wanted custom horses and poo poo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Just noticed the first Orochi had a pc release. Thinking about picking it up, but is it worth trying?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I enjoyed it. It's how I played the first Orochi game. I don't know if it's worth it if you've played any other Orochi game, but that's up to you.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I've never played an Empires game. Are any of the PS2-era Empires good?

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE

KoldPT posted:

I've never played an Empires game. Are any of the PS2-era Empires good?
5 is pretty great, which is also helped by 5 itself being a great game. It's pretty much the most standard Empires game there's been so far and if you find yourself enjoying that one, you'll like the rest. Do be aware that the game tends to change a fair bit in Empire mode from game to game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

PS2-era had Samurai Warriors 2: Empires which is the 2nd best Empires game ever so get that.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Samurai Warriors 2 and Empires are also available for Xbox 360, if you're so inclined or have that system.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Good lord, is Warriors Orochi 1 supposed to be mega hard? I'm already stuck at the 2nd level of the game because Yue Ying and the map commander both die so easily and they go opposite ways on the map.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

PureRok posted:

Well, Orochi isn't a Samurai Warriors game, and none of the SW games have had that. The character swapping is Orochi only.
SW4 does, and even better, your characters don't have to be anywhere near each other. If you have two objectives you just send your other character over there, and then switch to them when they get there. It's great.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tae posted:

Good lord, is Warriors Orochi 1 supposed to be mega hard? I'm already stuck at the 2nd level of the game because Yue Ying and the map commander both die so easily and they go opposite ways on the map.

Orochi 1 is easily the most difficult warriors game I can remember playing, nothing but memories of being juggled to death by five officers all taking it in turns batting me back and forth between them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

Orochi 1 is easily the most difficult warriors game I can remember playing, nothing but memories of being juggled to death by five officers all taking it in turns batting me back and forth between them.

The difficult is jacked up significantly, and it will literally make you better at Warriors games. Orochi 2, on the other hand, is stupidly easy, and what's more ridiculous is that the base horse is as fast as Red Hare in the previous game, so actual Red Hare is like an F1 racer.