Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

catlord posted:

Ok, got some pictues from a conversion from 867 (made sure to turn off every mod in both CK2 and EU4)

Here is where I saw nocultures (I think SE India might also be noculture, I didn't notice that it looked the same until I was labelling it)

Can you tell if that northern most nocluture is Komi or Khanty in CK2?

WilliamAnderson posted:

Hey Darkrenown, did you get a chance to play CK2+ before Wiz got hired? What do you think about the law system and/or the faction mood mechanisms?

I did not, I don't tend to play mods for our games because I frequently write feedback to the relevant teams and playing a mod would prevent that. I did read his posted design stuff, I really liked his unified revolts and the loyalist faction, which I lobbied for stealing. The law system just seemed like a different approach rather than a better one, to me, and the faction mood system seemed like something you would have to play with rather than just read about to appreciate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

quote:

It won't happen if the provinces are your religion and not bordering any provinces with the culture to which you want it to convert

This is wrong by the way in my Britain ironman game Jutland is Anglo Saxon entirely and the Asia minor parts of Greece are also converting, plus Crete.

Rumda fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jun 4, 2014

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
FYI, turns out Rajas is not meant to be so discounted, so it might get fixed before midweekmadness ends.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Rumda posted:

It won't happen if the provinces are your religion and not bordering any provinces with the culture to which you want it to convert

This is wrong by the way in my Britain ironman game Jutland is Anglo Saxon entirely and the Asia minor parts of Greece are also converting, plus Crete.

I think by that he meant "are your religion and not bordering your provinces". So if they're not your religion, then regardless of whether they border you or not they can still convert because of the bring-some-boys-from-back-home event. I'm still not sure if he's right there, though, I thought it could trigger regardless of the religion.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Allyn posted:

I think by that he meant "are your religion and not bordering your provinces". So if they're not your religion, then regardless of whether they border you or not they can still convert because of the bring-some-boys-from-back-home event. I'm still not sure if he's right there, though, I thought it could trigger regardless of the religion.

I'm pretty sure Jutland started culture flipping through the civilised peasant's event I was holding it at the time.

I think Crete flipped to catholic before if changed to Anglo Saxon to.

Rumda fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jun 4, 2014

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Darkrenown posted:

FYI, turns out Rajas is not meant to be so discounted, so it might get fixed before midweekmadness ends.

Fine, I grabbed it on my phone! I may get some of the fluff before the sale ends too. Considering how much time I've spent with CK2 it feels kind of odd holding out for sales like this.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Rumda posted:

I'm also pretty sure that provinces can culture flip without bordering the right culture or having a different religion. Anybody up to check the event files to confirm?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
CK2 has its own mutated script that I am not very familiar with, but there's this event:
code:
# Bring in some settlers
province_event = {
	id = 55001
	desc = "EVTDESC55001"
	picture = GFX_evt_stone_church

only_rulers = yes

trigger = {
		owner = {
			top_liege = {
				culture = PREV
			}
			NOT = { culture = ROOT }
			capital_scope = {
				province_id = ROOT
			}

OR = {
				primary_title = {
					conquest_culture = PREV
				}
				ROOT = {
					county = {
						conquest_culture = PREVPREV
					}
				}
				ROOT = {
					duchy = {
						holder_scope = {
							character = PREVPREVPREV
						}
					}
				}
				ROOT = {
					kingdom = {
						holder_scope = {
							character = PREVPREVPREV
						}
					}
				}
				ROOT = {
					empire = {
						holder_scope = {
							character = PREVPREVPREV
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}

NOT = { # Exclude provinces covered by event 55000
			any_neighbor_province = {
				has_owner = yes
				ROOT = {
					owner = {
						culture = PREVPREV
					}
				}
				owner = {
					ROOT = {
						owner = {
							culture = PREVPREV
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}

NOT = { # No flipping back to Norse culture before 1150
			AND = {
				owner = { culture = norse }
				ROOT = {
					OR = {
						culture = swedish
						culture = norwegian
						culture = danish
						culture = norman
					}
				}
				NOT = {	has_global_flag = norse_culture_flipping }
			}
		}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 1200

modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
			owner = { NOT = { stewardship = 2 } }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
			owner = { NOT = { stewardship = 3 } }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
			owner = { NOT = { stewardship = 4 } }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
			owner = { NOT = { stewardship = 5 } }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.75
			owner = { stewardship = 9 }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.75
			owner = { stewardship = 11 }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.75
			owner = { stewardship = 13 }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.75
			owner = { stewardship = 15 }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.5 # Altaic nomad steppe bonus vs non-Altaics
			owner = {
				culture_group = altaic
			}
			OR = {
				owner = {
					is_capital = ROOT
				}
				AND = {
					NOT = { culture_group = altaic }
					terrain = steppe
				}
			}
		}
	}

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA55001"
		owner = {
			reverse_culture = ROOT
			if = {
				limit = {
					NOT = { religion = ROOT }
				}
				reverse_religion = ROOT
			}
		}
	}
}
I think this basically means any capital province held by someone of a different culture has a chance to flip if it is in their primary title and the character has the same culture as their top liege. This event doesn't check for bordering provinces or religion being different. There's another event that flips a province to a character's culture if it borders a province of that culture too.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jun 4, 2014

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004

Darkrenown posted:

CK2 has its own mutated script that I am not very familiar with, but there's this event:

(snip)

I think this basically means any capital province held by someone of a different culture has a chance to flip if it is in their primary title and the character has the same culture as their top liege. This event doesn't check for bordering provinces or religion being different. There's another event that flips a province to a character's culture if it borders a province of that culture too.

I pretty sure that's this event

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I haven't played this game in at least a year, last time I did was with CK2+.

I just picked up all the DLC I didn't have (thanks Steam Funbux) and am ready to get back into it.

Is there a defacto mod like CK2+ compatible with all the latest/greatest DLC? Anything I should know? Is the Muenster start still good?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
There's no real defacto DLC, base game is fine as-is. Muenster start still fine albeit boring because they changed boats so you dont have all that many to start, but neither does the AI.

Mantees
Oct 24, 2008
Argh! Steam please, stop it!

I have CK2 the base game, and I am tempted to buy some DLC even if I haven't played the base game yet. That's basically because I am a slooow player and I am still busy with my first EU4 campaign.

How am I supposed to play all these great games :bahgawd:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Just play CK2 then you'll never have time to play any other games again.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Darkrenown posted:

I am so glad I acted quick, I've been waiting to catch up on CK 2 for awhile. It is like that time when they accidentally made Sleeping Dogs .33 cents or something like that. I do wonder where the money goes since they obviously don't take it from customers. Oh well!

Also, since I've been out of the mod scene, are there any good ones that are currently compatible or should I just stick with vanilla?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Darkrenown posted:

Should I feel bad for snatching it up then? :ohdear:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Jesus I didn't realise the bonuses stacked for having a vassal holy order controlled by your dynasty. I can basically get the hospitallers for free.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Beamed posted:

If it's up there, it's fair game - I mostly just wanted to mention it was a pricing mistake in case anyone is planning to buy it but it gets fixed before they get around to it.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Beamed posted:

Nah. Sleeping Dogs was far worse, everything was discounted 90%. So you basically could buy the game and every single DLC for it for like $3-4.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Excellent. I shall sacrifice to Kali in your name.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

:homebrew: Just pulled the trigger on all of the DLC I was missing. Why do I have to be at work again? I'm a goddamned supercount!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
So I accidentally killed off Catholicism in its entirety, will the crusades still happen? Is Rome still a time bomb?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I spent almost $2 of my hard earned money to buy the Rome DLC. $2! :homebrew:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Dick Trauma posted:

I spent almost $2 of my hard earned money to buy the Rome DLC. $2! :homebrew:

I had $0.60 in my steam wallet, and so bought myself another portrait DLC on top of LoR. :smug:

e: It's absolutely delightful to see CK2 show up on the top sellers list on steam whenever there's a sale. People like this! A lot of people like this!

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Correction: A lot of people BUY this.

You know the first rule of steam games: We don't play steam games.

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011
How do I change Char's and Keep the world?
Only console or is there a way to use the ruler designer for the second dynasty too?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Korwin posted:

How do I change Char's and Keep the world?
Only console or is there a way to use the ruler designer for the second dynasty too?

You can select any character when you load the save and no you can only ruler design at the game start not a save, buy you CAN customise the dynasty name and crest if you have the customisation pack.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Can I get a suggestion for an interesting Rajas of India start? Preferably utilizing gamey character creator mechanics?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Ofaloaf, I appreciate your efforts in the 480 Migration Mod Paradox thread, but I think they're just straight up ignoring you Kinda like what they did with me arguing about Islam.

They really should take out the Migration in the name. :v:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Dorkopotamis posted:

Can I get a suggestion for an interesting Rajas of India start? Preferably utilizing gamey character creator mechanics?

Hmm why do you need gamey creator mechanics? Any of the big three are good Old Gods starts - Rashtrakuta (Jain), Pratihara (Hindu), and Pala (Buddhist). I would recommend the Pratihara as they're the most "fun" in my experience, you start next to a bunch of Sunnis so there's room for expansion and excitement. All the nations in the interior of India will be stuck expanding pretty slowly with once-per-ruler kingdom subjugations and county claims. The Jains or Buddhists are fun but a slower start. Plus, as Hindus you can worship Kali and sacrifice prisoners, woop

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Ofaloaf, I appreciate your efforts in the 480 Migration Mod Paradox thread, but I think they're just straight up ignoring you Kinda like what they did with me arguing about Islam.

They really should take out the Migration in the name. :v:
It's the one fellow who's really a brick wall; Enlil seems alright and Zusk is a good fellow and I just realized I don't know what name you have there.

I mean, sometimes I think the other devs are ignoring the one guy, but he keeps posting poo poo like

quote:

No, [Theodoric] was a Romano-Gothic man and I can prove it with this equation: Gothic (his father) + Romanized Gothic (his mother) + or x Roman (his education) = Romano-Gothic
and it's just hard not to worry.

If you really were earnest about what you were saying earlier, I got an old Fall of Rome project that is like two years out of date that I can pass along to you to start something with.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

That's the one I mentioned on the previous page. The key is that it requires the county be conquered:

code:
                        or = {
                                primary_title = {
                                        conquest_culture = prev
                                }
                                root = {
                                        county = {
                                                conquest_culture = prevprev
                                        }
                                }
                                root = {
                                        duchy = {
                                                holder_scope = {
                                                        character = prevprevprev
                                                }
                                        }
                                }
                                root = {
                                        kingdom = {
                                                holder_scope = {
                                                        character = prevprevprev
                                                }
                                        }
                                }
                                root = {
                                        empire = {
                                                holder_scope = {
                                                        character = prevprevprev
                                                }
                                        }
                                }
                        }

The conquest_culture flag gets set in cb_types.txt:

code:
                if = {
                        limit = {
                                higher_tier_than = baron
                                not = { culture = root }
                        }
                        hidden_tooltip = { conquest_culture = root }
                }

So in order for 55001 to fire, you need to have taken the county in a war.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Ofaloaf posted:

It's the one fellow who's really a brick wall; Enlil seems alright and Zusk is a good fellow and I just realized I don't know what name you have there.

It's JGBeagle. Now that I have a job again I really should change that back.

Ofaloaf posted:

If you really were earnest about what you were saying earlier, I got an old Fall of Rome project that is like two years out of date that I can pass along to you to start something with.

I don't know if I even have the time or the ability to make my own mod. My Rise of Islam event were the first time I had even attempted actual modding. :v: If you're not expecting something pumped out in the next year or so the by all means, send me a PM here or on Paradox.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

So you're telling my my Ruler Creator'd Aztec that I have ruling Ireland and the Aztec vassal of his will never convert any of Ireland's provinces?

If I take new provinces in a war, and then move my capital to there, will that work?

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Rumda posted:

Jesus I didn't realise the bonuses stacked for having a vassal holy order controlled by your dynasty. I can basically get the hospitallers for free.

It's a shame there aren't more holy orders for the other religions, it's cool being a relative of the leader of the immortals but I just wish there where more.

Anyone got tips for subjugating mercenary bands? Getting real tired of having to spend my whole treasury on mercs to show the Abbasids who's boss for the 50th time

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

John Lee posted:

So you're telling my my Ruler Creator'd Aztec that I have ruling Ireland and the Aztec vassal of his will never convert any of Ireland's provinces?

If I take new provinces in a war, and then move my capital to there, will that work?

Yes. Or as I said last page just manually run event 55001 from the console as soon as you start the game. This will change the culture and the religion of the province to fit whatever your character has.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SeaTard posted:

Yes. Or as I said last page just manually run event 55001 from the console as soon as you start the game. This will change the culture and the religion of the province to fit whatever your character has.

I wonder if this counts for the start with the Kingdom of Jerusalem, too. I was wondering why the hell nothing every was converting culture-wise...

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Azuth0667 posted:

So I accidentally killed off Catholicism in its entirety, will the crusades still happen? Is Rome still a time bomb?

I've certainly never been been crusaded against by an unlanded Pope, but I've managed to completely destroy the Papacy with a tribal invasion before, which prevents the Mongols turning up.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Dorkopotamis posted:

I liked the independent Tamil starts around south India. You've got a rich province and a clear goal of founding the Tamil kingdom from the other independents.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 4, 2014

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I think something might still be busted with the patrician AI.

This is 33 years in from the 1066 start, and those are the starting tradeposts of the AI.

They haven't done a drat thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thinking about getting the missing dlcs and playing the game again. What is the best mod to use now that CK+ hasn't been updated for two expansions.

• Locked thread