Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I know more about this dude's life than anyone else in my friends list, and only because he posts absolutely everything on his Facebook. He has a very strange complex about women. It's not a nice guy thing, but he obsesses and essentially puts all women on a pedestal. If a woman friend likes his comment, he'll be sure to tag her and say something like "Now that Jane Doe likes this, I know I'm right" or "Jane Smith is an inspiration to us all" because they liked his comment.

Idk it's very weird. Anyway, have this and lol @ #4. For reference, the final comment was because he linked a story about a person being buried alive after her first date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Pope Mobile posted:

One of my friends is completely obsessed with Disney & Disneyland. He's had tickets there for about four months now and has been posting daily updates about how he's SO EXCITED TO GO TO DISNEYLAND OH MY GOD ONLY [number of] DAYS UNTIL THE TRIP!!!!!
He is flying out today and the Disneyland updates have been constant. I expect my feed to be covered in Mickey's taint by tomorrow morning.

Is your friend 7?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Irradiation posted:

Is your friend 7?

He's 7 ~:love:~at heart~:love:~

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

QUADPOSTROPHE QUADPOCALYPSE 2014

(At least she's consistent?)

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

aas Bandit posted:

Another #YesAllWomen post inspired a really impressive meltdown last night. Sorry for the length of this, but it was just too drat good (bad?) to shorten.

The linked article is here, and is pretty short, to the point, and (IMO) on target re: pointing out the obvious bullshit that creeps into any discussion of feminism, and encouraging sane men to Don't Do That poo poo.

The first guy ("Gene Poole") is relatively benign in comparison to what's coming...and then "Rick Shaw" shows up a few pics down and he just utterly lost his poo poo, writing a book and covering everything from how privileged women are compared to men and what they get away with, to comparing them to literal Nazis, and talking about how they're turned on by violence and fear.

Spice things up a bit more with a dose of anti-Obama ranting, description of the OP as "absolute evil", and demands to "show me where my data is wrong" (hint: he didn't provide any).

Choice quote: "When I was 4, two women tried to abduct me. They were probably going to sell me into sex slavery."

I cut it off after he left, since the rest was mostly just people wondering what the gently caress, and a lot of :stare:

God drat.

This was glorious, worth every minute of reading.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
"What is it with Ricks?" -Harry S. Plinkett

Whenever he says 'I'm done, have a good life' or whatever, I can just imagine him seeing the little alert and he can't help himself spew up more bile (women spew 90% more bile, btw). Where would one look up US crime statistics like that, the FBI's site? I don't wanna check my own rear end like he did.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

ol qwerty bastard posted:

QUADPOSTROPHE QUADPOCALYPSE 2014

(At least she's consistent?)

Well, I bet watching a snake try to eat a steak is is both disgusting and boring. Or you'd spend all your time having to cut the steak up for the snake, and your own steak would go cold.

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
So a Liberal and a Libertarian walk into a sassy post about bumper sticker logic I saw earlier in the day. I created the poop then managed to touch it by failing horribly at roping in the conversation so I'm the idiot.

Fred (who does not know Pete) decided to private message him at some point last night too. I don't know what was said.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

you may die posted:

Did the media? I think it's pretty common practice to not release the names of underage victims.

edit for content: this popped up on my fb feed from someone I don't know last year but it holds a special place in my heart:

What's muzza?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

fork bomb posted:

What's muzza?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=muzza

''A young male of southern european descent that are born and raised Melbournians'' amongst much else

DJ Fuckboy Supreme has a new favorite as of 19:56 on Jun 4, 2014

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

PresidentBeard posted:

90% is a weird way to writing 75%. He said so many wrong things but the murder rates of men is the one that bugged me the most. The rest was kind of bog standard crazy.
Well, men commit 90% of murders, in addition to being the victim of 75% of them. Maybe he got the numbers mixed up.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
So the woman in this video, who's already under a lot of fire for being a racist piece of poo poo, doesn't know when to stop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdCWpUmP-Y

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
If people can be pro-samesex-relationships how come i can't be pro-samerace-relationships?

Sounds much better. I should be a PR person.

Edit: pro and anti are hard words to use correctly.

RabbitWizard has a new favorite as of 21:35 on Jun 4, 2014

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

RabbitWizard posted:

If people can be pro-samesex-relationships how come i can't be anti-samerace-relationships?

Sounds much better. I should be a PR person.

Stealing this, thanks for helping me do better at being horrible!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Pope Mobile posted:

One of my friends is completely obsessed with Disney & Disneyland. He's had tickets there for about four months now and has been posting daily updates about how he's SO EXCITED TO GO TO DISNEYLAND OH MY GOD ONLY [number of] DAYS UNTIL THE TRIP!!!!!
He is flying out today and the Disneyland updates have been constant. I expect my feed to be covered in Mickey's taint by tomorrow morning.

Disney is awesome, go back to watching JAG, GRANDPA

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

PowderKeg posted:

So a Liberal and a Libertarian walk into a sassy post about bumper sticker logic I saw earlier in the day. I created the poop then managed to touch it by failing horribly at roping in the conversation so I'm the idiot.

Fred (who does not know Pete) decided to private message him at some point last night too. I don't know what was said.

I think I found a picture of Pete

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

TinTower posted:

So the woman in this video, who's already under a lot of fire for being a racist piece of poo poo, doesn't know when to stop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdCWpUmP-Y

Oh my, she's just precious:

Janelle Ambrosia @JanelleAmbrosia · 16m
none of you dirty bitchezz are on my level. I strip for cops you get tickets

Janelle Ambrosia @JanelleAmbrosia · 6h
I have black friends. So i don't need to hear opinions of people that don't know me

Janelle Ambrosia @JanelleAmbrosia · 6h
so its okay to say it in rap videos

Janelle Ambrosia @JanelleAmbrosia · 3h
Our president is black? How am I a racist

And this is the latest:

Janelle Ambrosia @JanelleAmbrosia · 21s
They way black people are lining up in my mentions right now its almost like im releasing new jordans today

TKIY has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Jun 4, 2014

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

quote:

Janelle Ambrosia

No you see it's okay because 'friend of the family' means 'ignorant person' and isn't at all racist! :ironicat:

e. she also pulls the 'I have a black cousin I can't be racist :haw:' card. I'm sure said cousin is totes proud right now.

e2: :frogsiren: apparently the Janelle Ambrosia twitter account is a fake, just some woman who was trying to "troll" the world (fighting racism with racism?) She seems like a real winner too, check out these tweets:

quote:

This generation is actually so dumb. You guys make it so easy to gently caress with.

quote:

The bottom line is you just made a racist lady famous in a couple of hours. But can't come together for more important issues? #sheep

Idiots all the way down.

Guest2553 has a new favorite as of 00:23 on Jun 5, 2014

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

So apparently I'm a "bullying gobshite" for trying to ascertain whether a group of self-styled feminists think it's okay to touch the genitals of children.

For the record, I asked her twenty-four times before I got tired of imitating Jeremy Paxman.

TinTower has a new favorite as of 01:18 on Jun 5, 2014

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

TinTower posted:

So apparently I'm a "bullying gobshite" for trying to ascertain whether a group of self-styled feminists think it's okay to touch the genitals of children.

For the record, I asked her twenty-four times before I got tired of imitating Jeremy Paxman.

Why'd you ask that 18 times? What context made you think that was a good idea?

And without context, the diaper changing argument is pretty valid to me, and since you chose not to supply context... I hope you don't work in PR.

Edit: missed the edit, I'm not watching a 9 minutes video to figure out why you felt the need to ask someone about children's genital twenty four times.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

Why'd you ask that 18 times? What context made you think that was a good idea?

And without context, the diaper changing argument is pretty valid to me, and since you chose not to supply context... I hope you don't work in PR.

Edit: missed the edit, I'm not watching a 9 minutes video to figure out why you felt the need to ask someone about children's genital twenty four times.

Because she refused to answer it the first seventeen times. She was trying to claim that a certain person hadn't engaged in sexual assault of a child; I asked whether it was acceptable to do the course of action that third party did.

With regards to the video: one of the most famous interviews Jeremy Paxman did was with former Home Secretary Michael Howard, in 1997, where he repeatedly asked if he threatened to overrule the director of British prisons on a certain matter. Paxman eventually got his answer, seven years later, for what it's worth.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

"Certain person"?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Context is good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Right now, without any clue what on earth you're talking about, you just seem like a weirdo harassing people on twitter.

Maybe you deserve the benefit of the doubt since you probably wouldn't come here to brag about harassing people on twitter unless there was a reason, but you should probably share the reason first.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

It all makes sense if you consider this interview Paxman did with the Home Secretary 17 years ago,

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
to be fair, it is a good interview

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

If you're wanting to know who the third party is, it's Philly-based journalist Victoria Brownworth. She wrote a column about touching and gawking at a trans kid's genital area while he was receiving a testosterone injection, and any attempts to point out that it's skeevy as gently caress if not actually sexual assault have been rebuffed with denial it even happened. Because feminism.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I need men's rights because society feminists think it's creepy to ask the same question 24 times.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
TERFs are poo poo, but asking a question 24 times in a row is not actually a helpful way of addressing it, hth

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

TinTower posted:

whoa tumblr really changed their formatting since I last looked

you may die
Dec 15, 2013

fork bomb posted:

What's muzza?

According to UrbanDictionary, it's some kind of vaguely ethnic-related stereotype from the Melbourne area, though these people are probably as far as you can literally get away from Melbourne so who knows/cares.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Some wiener on my facebook who I only keep around for comedy posted this today.

Many people believe that martial arts is simply learning how to kick, punch, and fight. However, I believe that there is more to it than that. I believe that martial arts is more about interacting more intelligently with people. In fact, the very thought of harming people should become abhorrent as your skill increases. The obligation, therefore, is to defend the sheep from the wolves like a sheep dog.
The art, itself, merely amplifies the characteristics of the fighter that uses it. Every person who endeavors to learn ought to do so with the intent to use nonviolence to deal with conflict insofar as they are capable. This doesn't imply becoming a pacifist or letting others attack the innocent. The idea is that you reverence the Creator by how you treat His creations. The real enemy is and always will be the anger inside the heart of every person. And as we abandon anger, we not only win every battle - we win the war for our souls

FWIW, he's like 28, has been taking some McDojo karate class for a few weeks, and looks like a chubby, goateed version of the kid from The Walking Dead.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

canyoneer posted:

Some wiener on my facebook who I only keep around for comedy posted this today.

Many people believe that martial arts is simply learning how to kick, punch, and fight. However, I believe that there is more to it than that. I believe that martial arts is more about interacting more intelligently with people. In fact, the very thought of harming people should become abhorrent as your skill increases. The obligation, therefore, is to defend the sheep from the wolves like a sheep dog.
The art, itself, merely amplifies the characteristics of the fighter that uses it. Every person who endeavors to learn ought to do so with the intent to use nonviolence to deal with conflict insofar as they are capable. This doesn't imply becoming a pacifist or letting others attack the innocent. The idea is that you reverence the Creator by how you treat His creations. The real enemy is and always will be the anger inside the heart of every person. And as we abandon anger, we not only win every battle - we win the war for our souls

FWIW, he's like 28, has been taking some McDojo karate class for a few weeks, and looks like a chubby, goateed version of the kid from The Walking Dead.

Oh god it's the Nutnfancy of the McDojo world.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Elephantgun posted:

This just showed up on my FB wall

How do you stab a girl 19 times and still fail to kill her. I'm pretty sure if you stab any living thing 19 times it is pretty dead after the 10th or 11th stab. That girl's got a guardian angel on duty

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Excels posted:

How do you stab a girl 19 times and still fail to kill her. I'm pretty sure if you stab any living thing 19 times it is pretty dead after the 10th or 11th stab. That girl's got a guardian angel on duty

When you yawn during your own murder, it's taking too long.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

LoonShia posted:

When you yawn during your own murder, it's taking too long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Excels posted:

This was covered earlier, but stab wounds aren't as fatal as you'd think as long as you don't get stabbed in the wrong spots. The girl wasn't stabbed in any arteries.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Segmentation Fault posted:

This was covered earlier, but stab wounds aren't as fatal as you'd think as long as you don't get stabbed in the wrong spots. The girl wasn't stabbed in any arteries.

It's just more shocking to me because they just left her there, bleeding out in the woods and she still managed to drag herself to the road and someone stopped to help her. So many ways she could have died out there and she beat all the odds. She deserves a medal

Excels has a new favorite as of 08:23 on Jun 5, 2014

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Excels posted:

It's just more shocking to me because they just left her there, bleeding out in the woods and she still managed to drag herself to the road and someone stopped to help her. So many ways she could have died out and there and she beat all the odds. She deserves a medal

Oh definitely. She survived the slenderman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Lowtax is getting interviewed by Fox about slenderman.

• Locked thread