Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

:allears:

It's me, I'm the idiot; I didn't realize this was an edit at first, and I thought my god, where has this comic strip been all my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac Misses the point.

The Creeps is done with the carrot.

Broom Hilda stands in front of a bazooka spouting non-sequiturs.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Yep, she did it...

And, the full link if anyone's interested in attempting some "modifications". :v:

https://gumroad.com/l/coloring

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
One day soon I'm going to manage to get all of my comics in a single post again. Ain't happening today, though.

Skippy (March 16, 1927)

Tomorrow: Skippy meets the Secret Service!

Peanuts (June 7, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

"Which is why I'm giving it to you FOR NO RAISIN!"

Popeye

Rip Haywire Skip Mayflower, Saddle Salesman

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Rip and Breezy are probably my favorite couple in comics right now. :3:

Ham Shears

The Dinette Set

As near as I can tell, both flavors were released at the same time.

Syntax Erin
Jan 1, 2012

Voltin Bolt posted:

The full story is actually much stupider than that! :eng101: Ralph used to try to murder Kevin on a regular basis, but was so hopeless at it that nobody really cared. Turns out he's bad at murder because of this:

Oh lord that really is much stupider. Not to mention creepy. In one panel we go from "I was trying to murder your mother with my bare hands" to "in love." :mad:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

"Which is why I'm giving it to you FOR NO RAISIN!"
Ok, time to nerd out here a second.

There's NO loving WAY that book got a 9.8. How do I know a fake book in a fake comic didn't get a 9.8? BECAUSE THE loving TOP INCH IS CHOPPED OFF. Look at it! The publisher logo is chopped, the title is chopped. No respectable grading company would look at that and say "yup, that looks right."

Also, if she's just collecting for completion, I find it hard to believe she can't find a reading copy in VG or lower for a reasonable price.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

- The report on suburb problems as commissioned by the city is finally complete
- This night will be uncomfortably hot, on Thursday night there might be frost

Lähiöiden is the pun. Lähiö means "suburb" and lähiöiden is its plural possessive form ("suburbs' problems"). That word comes from the prefix lähi- which means "near/close/coming". means night and its plural possessive form happens to be öiden*, making it "the coming nights' problems". Just in case you were wondering, this was a pretty clever pun.

*Öiden has the same plural possessive -iden suffix as lähiöiden. To achieve that, the y is dropped because otherwise there'd be three vowels in the same syllable and that's just not how Finnish works. Oh yeah, y is strictly a vowel, identical to the German ü. Like in many other European non-English languages, j is used for the "yod" sound (/j/). The "jay" affricate (/dʒ/ etc) doesn't exist.

Fok_It unfortunately needs a TL note:
"Tossing/wetting one's winter coat" means to take the first swim of the year after the winter. Pools don't count.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 4, 2014

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

That last panel is just the best. :)

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Dollars to donuts that some goons here can't read this and have to ask what it says.

It is pretty hard to read. :shrug:

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

I for one want equal representation in my ruthless corporate CEOs.

I don't understand this joke. Ms. Trellis is the billionaire owner of the company, and as far as I can tell, Wendy is directly below her. The next two in importance seem to be Dethany and Fistula. The entire management of this company seems to be women, except for the head of IT. Actually, the only other employee I can remember is that guy whose only traits are being lazy and dumb. I'm pretty sure he's not in charge of anything.

I think this is the first time I've seen any of the characters acknowledge the trapeze.

Crock

Best Crock strip ever.

Rabbits Against Magic

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

This is nitpicking but last I checked, chimps don't have tails :colbert:

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

RevKrule posted:

Ok, time to nerd out here a second.

There's NO loving WAY that book got a 9.8. How do I know a fake book in a fake comic didn't get a 9.8? BECAUSE THE loving TOP INCH IS CHOPPED OFF. Look at it! The publisher logo is chopped, the title is chopped. No respectable grading company would look at that and say "yup, that looks right."

Also, if she's just collecting for completion, I find it hard to believe she can't find a reading copy in VG or lower for a reasonable price.

Settle down, it looks like Batiuk just fudged the art a little. It looks like the grading bit is a sticker on the front of a bag covering up the top part of the comic. He probably just wanted to show off more of the cover's art in the panel rather than just the title and a bunch of word balloons.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

gently caress off, Scott. Also, it's a bit hard to get a liberal arts major when, you know, most art programs are being cut across the country even all the way back into grade school.

Scary Gary

Cow and Boy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (June 7, 1967)

I was going to edit this to read "what if I gave her my big dick" and in so doing realized it does not contain the letter C.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tiggum posted:

I think this is the first time I've seen any of the characters acknowledge the trapeze.
Can someone explain why the kid's always on a trapeze again?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Because his family are acrobats. I think that's about it.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
His grandfather was a playground swing. He's got swing dna.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh no, that ship has long sailed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QsXCV8yOkg

Watch all the way to the end to see the real Outcome of the Battle Comix.

Pooch Café

I'm still not sure why we wanted Poncho to win this one.

Ballard Street

That looks pretty fun, just drop the lances altogether and run fill-tilt at each other.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Mercury Hat posted:

Settle down, it looks like Batiuk just fudged the art a little. It looks like the grading bit is a sticker on the front of a bag covering up the top part of the comic. He probably just wanted to show off more of the cover's art in the panel rather than just the title and a bunch of word balloons.

And I understand that to a degree, hence the "let me nerd out for a minute." However, every slab I've ever seen/received, the comic is in full view and cannot be blocked at all by a grading sticker.

I don't understand his choice to show more of the cover art when a) we already saw it on Sunday in full view and b) you can't read anything on it anyway. He could've just as easily zoomed perspective back for the same effect and correctness.

This is all utterly nitpicky bullshit in a story that has other issues, I just felt a comic fan like Batiuk wouldn't have made such a glaring mistake.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The misery might be about to bloom. Maybe she's being fobbed off with a badly damaged copy by that guy, while he keeps the good one in a sealed vault somewhere.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

goatface posted:

The misery might be about to bloom. Maybe she's being fobbed off with a badly damaged copy by that guy, while he keeps the good one in a sealed vault somewhere.

Nah, she'll complete the collection and then just as she walks into the room with the box of comics, she finds a corpse.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The nerd will charge her so much she'll sell her hair, meets her son whose sold his love of comics for combs.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Howard the Duck

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

RandomFerret posted:

I'm still not sure why we wanted Poncho to win this one.

Much like World War I, there are no real winners.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Oh, Brother

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

Wh.. what the hell just happened here, and why is it so funny? What are those pink things? They look like bargain basement fleshlights...

vvvvv Yeah, I just now figured that out. Dunno why it didn't register. I guess I've never seen them in pink.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 4, 2014

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Wh.. what the hell just happened here, and why is it so funny? What are those pink things? They look like bargain basement fleshlights...

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Dollars to donuts that some goons here can't read this and have to ask what it says.

Wasn't Dustin an English major?

1. Scott has lots of room to piss on people in creative fields, what with his work in the ultra technical comics-writing and internet-trolling industry.

2. That robot has nipples.

Luann

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Looks like Oliver's mother's pressure finally got to him.

And then the hair-curling...

Calvin And Hobbes

drat, that's a fine slug.

Ripley's

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I would play William Burke: Tomb Raider so much. :allears:

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

House computer - why do you look like Chevy Chase if he lifted weights and his nipples were relocated?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

"She was my wife," he said, with an impish grin and a twinkle in his sidelong glance. Carol's face continued to melt.

Midnight Moth posted:

Retail

Could we please just cut to the part where Cooper and Marla get caught for all their illegal hypocritical bullshit and finally fired and arrested? This is where this is going right?

Ah, why am I surprised that Cooper had his nemesis fired/arrested for doing a thing that immediately became cool and admirable once he plastered his own name all over it. Never change, Norm Feuti.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

catlord posted:

It's a crime that Dance Dance Industrial Revolution isn't a real game :(

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

catlord posted:

The ending for Mass Cholera Epidemic is reportedly quite dissatisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Ghostlight posted:

The ending for Mass Cholera Epidemic is reportedly quite dissatisfying.

Yeah but that one's actually a real game.

• Locked thread