Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
:D

gently caress Lyn! All's right in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
Oh hey, Brann turns a 1-0 deficit to victory against a lower league side again. Guess that's our thing now :)

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

Baggins posted:

Holy poo poo!

Rosenborg - Ranheim 3-4 AET

Tromsdalen - Strømsgodset 4-2 AET

Whodathunkit?

Idathunkit. I went with some friends as away supporters and had an absolute blast. Ranheim were the better team and a home win wouldve been a robbery.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

lmao, how long until perry is fired?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

rear end cobra posted:

Please gently caress off Perry

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I know for a fact that the RBK board wanted to hire Solskjær before he went to Molde, and I expected him to go there now since I thought he would be sacked at Cardiff but I guess that's not happening now after all.

With Deila on his way to Celtic (or another club outside of norway at least) I honestly can't see any clear candidates to take over Rosenborg. Maybe Trond Sollied, or maybe Eggen fancies another go?

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Rune Skarsfjord is free and knows the club :downs:

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Is it Teitur Time yet? Maybe Ivar Hoff?

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Dag Eilev Fagermo, just so I can concentrate all my hate on one club.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
Ole Gunnar Solskjær, just to watch the Molde meltdown.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

euroboy posted:

I know for a fact that the RBK board wanted to hire Solskjær before he went to Molde, and I expected him to go there now since I thought he would be sacked at Cardiff but I guess that's not happening now after all.

With Deila on his way to Celtic (or another club outside of norway at least) I honestly can't see any clear candidates to take over Rosenborg. Maybe Trond Sollied, or maybe Eggen fancies another go?

Sollied has all the reasons to say no, and no reason to say yes to Rosenborg at this point. They can't keep bringing in Eggen..again! My guess some obscure scandicoach, but it probably won't happen until the season is up.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
4th round draw:

Molde - Mjøndalen

Aalesund - Lillestrøm

Odd - Vålerenga

Brann - Ranheim

Viking - Sogndal

Sarpsborg 08 - Start

HamKam/Haugesund - Tromsdalen

Bodø/Glimt - Stabæk OR Stabæk - Tromsø

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
So there's a board meeting at RBK going on, and rumors have it that Perry is out. Really wasn't expecting them to act this fast. Who the hell is gonna take over at this point?

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
VG reports that Perry is safe for now, but the question is for how long. Don't think there's many chances left for him. The World Cup break might have RBK shop around anyway.

The No! Team
Jan 6, 2012
Deila seems to be going to Celtic though, so that'll be fun I guess. David Nielsen stepping up maybe? Is he going to sign someone from Tippeligaen? Molde guaranteed to win?

Exciting times! :11tea:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Staebek is in 6th(?) so far as I can tell. I saw earlier they were picked to be dead last this season. I don't follow the Tippeligaen but as an American I was interested in Bradley's move (I think he got a bit of a raw deal in Egypt. They went pretty far during a revolution). Anyways, what's the conventional wisdom thus far? Are they getting lucky/had an easy run, or are they performing like a solidly mid-table team?

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
It's a bit of everything, really. Strong wins against presumably stronger opposition and silly losses to teams they should be on par with. Doubt they end up this high in the end though.

The Norwegian league is always a tough one to predict anyway as the differences in quality is usually pretty slim.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
As far as I can tell, Bradleys done a good job getting a very young squad to believe in themselves and they play "positive football" with great confidence. Like Baggins I also doubt they'll keep it up and wonder how they'll look if they run into a few rough games and start losing, but they're already well on their way to avoiding relegation at the least.

I'd be amazed if they can hang onto Bradley beyond the season though. Media report he's been getting other offers since day one at Stabæk.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Puseklepp posted:

Dag Eilev Fagermo, just so I can concentrate all my hate on one club.

Yes, yes!
Odd are too boring for a fucker like him.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
:D

Even sweeter considering I work with one of the orange ones.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

That's what I get for getting my hopes up at 1-2 :sigh:

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Strandberg refuses to play for Rosenborg to encourage the club to sell him. At the very least it's a good way to not play for us anymore. I'm sure clubs are lining up for him now. Was he a bit of an rear end in a top hat at Vålerenga as well? I seem to remember his transfer to RBK raised a few eyebrows.

Also, we beat Lillestrøm. :toot:

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
And I guess the good times are over :suicide:

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Max Manus posted:

And I guess the good times are over :suicide:

They never started.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

Lurgy posted:

Was he a bit of an rear end in a top hat at Vålerenga as well?

Not that I can remember. If he was, it was never out in the open like this. With behaviour like this though I doubt he'll get much interest from anyone for a good long while either. Wouldn't be surprised if he finds himself either released or sent out on loan very shortly.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Insurrectionist posted:

Yes, yes!
Odd are too boring for a fucker like him.

Odd might be boring but they (used to) have the most hilarious songs out of all the tippeliga teams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9h2DIEe1_c (don't mind the stupid video)

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I saw this on Staebek's page when I was looking at the rankings the other day. http://www.stabak.no/free/videoId/25d2aady5fak109ujw5yzuw84
Something is going on with the keeper situation on the team so Bradley has to start a goalkeeper trainer who wasn't signed with the team? And for some reason they have to sub him on so they have to start a different player in goal then kick the ball out at the start of the game. Really weird what's the rule/situation that has lead up to that?

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

Seltzer posted:

Really weird what's the rule/situation that has lead up to that?

Isaksen came in on an emergency amateur contract for one match. The stipulation is that he could only come on as a substitute is a new one for me, but it sounds like it's a competition rule specific to Norway. Keep in mind that Stabæk also have a registered goalkeeper in Simen Omholt-Jensen, so that's also likely to be a good reason why Isaksen were only allowed as a sub.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

It's fascinating to see Rosenborg these days. The biggest and richest club in the land by far, they barely seem to have any players available and those who are either on strike or in jail. Bizarre. What a chaotic club.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
You may be laughing now, but strandberg being a dick just means we'll bring back Brede Moe.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Lurgy posted:

You may be laughing now, but strandberg being a dick just means we'll bring back Brede Moe.

iirc we've paid a loan fee for Moe so you can't bring him back during the season :cool:

It's amazing that RBK only had three outfield players on the bench yesterday, where's all the other players? At Ranheim?

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Chibuike is suspended for ALLEGEDLY giving the finger to the ref in a reserves match. As far as I can tell, Strandberg did his thing after the match squad was submitted. Could've filled the bench with juniors at least, but I'm guessing there are restrictions on that as well, so you'd rather have them playing U19 than spectating the main team.

I was mostly joking about Moe, but he probably would've been a regular this season for us with all the injuries and clusterfucking going on.

I'm really looking forward to the WC break right about now...

Edit: If anything this is gonna screw over Moe even more, as we'll have to buy another CB to replace Strandberg. Guess you lot can have him.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

I think the rule for juniors is that you submit a list of five youth players before the transfer window ends or something like that, and these five players can play up to three matches each before they need a pro-contract to play.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
We may be doing bad decisions 6 days a week, but buying Riku Riski was a drat fine one.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
gently caress football

Time to get drunk and watch Croatia beat Brazil

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

Grimble posted:

gently caress football

Time to get drunk and watch Croatia beat Brazil

Secon'd.

Complete and utter rubbish in this match.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Nice of Euroboys' boys to take a point off Molde as well. Most teams above us dropped points, maybe this fall will be exciting after all!

Now it's world cup time, and I hope we buy a decent centre-back, stat! (also Roope Riski, he's scored 9 of Hønefoss' 16 goals this season despite them sitting deep in relegation zone, and if he's anything like his brother sign him the hell up)

Edit: Just saw the Glimt goal, that's one hell of an OG

Huckert fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 12, 2014

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
After our dismal performace last match this was a nice way to end the first part of the season.

:unsmith:

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
So Lillestrøm almost got their power shut off on Monday. http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/lillestroem/hafslund-moette-opp-truet-med-aa-stenge-stroemmen-paa-aaraasen/a/23239935/

As much as I dislike the team, the club and the "town" up there, I honestly don't want them to go the way of Lyn. A relegation and a few years in relative obscurity would be fine, but LSK is a fairly integral part of the league and we would be poorer without them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Aren't Lillestrøm the team that's been the longest in our top flight? tbh they don't have a lot of exciting players they can sell off either to cover those 15 mil. And that's a lot of loving money if their best strategy is #VIERLSK.

• Locked thread