Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is this a dumb waste of money
yeah it is
i dont think so, it sounds kind of cool
hmm...not sure op
View Results

• Locked thread
Depressing Drawers
Dec 17, 2004
UR ALREADY DED
They've been selling phones for this sort of price for well over a decade, hardly surprising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Tezzor posted:

Ca Cawwwwwwwwwwww

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Tezzor posted:

bawwwwwwwwwwww

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Depressing Drawers posted:

They've been selling phones for this sort of price for well over a decade, hardly surprising

yes but this is the first time it's not still the same phone :v:

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder
lol "acoustics engineered by bang and oulfson" who fucken cares it's a phone

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
goddamnit that vertu abortion of a website and literally every other ~luxury~ goods website look the same with lovely animations and text blurbs about ~craftsmanship~.

It's like when Montblanc went from being a business that produced expensive but good pens to a business that produces overpriced bling which happens to include pens.

My Nigga Totoro
Nov 14, 2007

by Lowtax
I have one.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

synthy posted:

I have one.

can i have some money

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
do you need money ths

have you consdered a kickstarter

Depressing Drawers
Dec 17, 2004
UR ALREADY DED

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

yes but this is the first time it's not still the same phone :v:

True enough. If you call anything luxury and spend a shitload on materials and engineering people will still buy it and use it as a status symbol (see also: watches).

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i dont need money i just hope someday there will be a billionaire i interact with and will laugh and give me a million dollars over the internet because why not

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

better chances than the lottery imho

baw
Nov 5, 2008

im surprised that sort of thing doesnt happen tbqh

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

if you are a wealthy and reading this it would be really funny if you gave me a bunch of money and i would post about it

baw
Nov 5, 2008

no it is my thread so if anyone gets the million dollars it is me

baw
Nov 5, 2008

make your own drat thread!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

pm me for details. you have the money for a ~*~*platinum account*~*~

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
actually the most expensive phone ever is an old nokia i'm selling for at least double that cheap piece of crap come get it showy billionaires

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

synthy posted:

I have one.

are you now or have you ever been a birdman?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

is it a phone?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

is it a pad?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
it has a full sapphire screen which is cool i guess

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
my iphone case is carved from ivory from 20,000 year old wooly mammoths from the Siberian permafrost.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Apparently when you buy it they give you a phone butler who you can call 24/7 and you get invited to private events and stuff. Maybe that's what you're paying for and not the ugly phone

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
i like that it has a stupid ruby button because that's a much more convenient status symbol than me paying an army of mercenaries to kidnap an entire african village so that i can gently caress all the villagers in the rear end

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Ne1 got the jailbreak for this phone yet? tia

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
I know, when I think of quality and reliable electronics, I think of things that are assembled in a small shop in England.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

THS posted:

pm me for details. you have the money for a ~*~*platinum account*~*~

you fuckers i dont even have an avatar or a custom title if anyone needs that money is me

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
oh so a phone that's handmade in england costs 10k but a phone that some starving 12 year old made in china is only $500? racist bullshit.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I don't even think 10k would be outrageously exorbitant for a phone if it was actually really good. I mean, think about how much time people spend on their phones.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
id spend 10k on a phone that you could also use as a mobile wireless hotspot or if it did something or multiple things equivalently cool.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Tsinava posted:

id spend 10k on a phone that you could also use as a mobile wireless hotspot or if it did something or multiple things equivalently cool.
yeah, exactly. like 10k for a cool phone would be okay if it's a really cool phone.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Apparently when you buy it they give you a phone butler who you can call 24/7 and you get invited to private events and stuff. Maybe that's what you're paying for and not the ugly phone

going to assume 'phone butler' means a pimp and 'private events' means whores.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Tsinava posted:

i don't understand why luxury phone companies don't team up with those indian personal assisstant companies

"comes with your personal secretary" sounds like a hell of a pitch

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The concierge thing seems pretty dope but there has to be a catch to it if they're only charging $3000 a year

like only letting you make 10 calls a month or something

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
colonel what are you doing

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
*Links to YLLS wristwatch thread*

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN

The Tao Jones posted:

How many do you suppose Kanye owns?

kanye has a blackberry

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

THS posted:

can i have some money

have u ever noticed how these money havers never seem to want to give us money???? makes u think maybe they dont a ctually have any,,,

the best way to prove it? send a nigga money. plain and smiple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

lol if i ever see someone walking around with one of those im going to smash him in the back of the head and run off with it

• Locked thread