Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
When did Asaif get a show on HBO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Winkie01 posted:

I think that was just poking fun at John Oliver. Aasif is promoting his new movie now.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011

Winkie01 posted:

Yeah. This is the first I've heard of it too. I thought he was just gone to work on the movie with John Hamm.

Edit: The show is called "The Brink". Also this is loving pathetic.

No.1 Special fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 5, 2014

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Michelle Bachmann: She'll believe anything you'll say!

Bachmann 2016

Hmm, Boehner's looking more brown than orange these days.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
"I'm not a scientist, but-"
"But isn't there an entire department devoted to dumbing this stuff down for you?"
"SCIENCE IS HARD SHUT UP!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
...and a man who committed High Treason, Oliver North.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Oliver North's resume :stonklol:

Myst Hat
Jul 10, 2004
Well ok, but how does Ted Nugent feel about all this?

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
"I know a thing or two about hostage negotiation."

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
“I would support. Obviously I’d have to know the details, but I would support ways of bringing him home, and if exchange was one of them, I think that would be something I think we should seriously consider.”
- John McCain, March 2014

“Today, I received from the National League of POW/MIA Families, a “Never Forget Bracelet” emblazoned with the name of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl. He was seized on June 30, 2009 in Afghanistan and is being held by the Haqqani Organization – a Taliban afilliated terrorist group – in northwest Pakistan. Sgt Bergdahl and his loved ones here at home deserve our prayers and encouragement until he is rescued or released. That’s what we do. We’re Americans.”
-Oliver North, November 2011

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

How do you say something that blatantly hypocritical? This is a man who is primarily known for something he did that makes those statements ironic!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Acquilae posted:

Oliver North's resume :stonklol:

http://youtu.be/wbLD2JyFAlE

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

ChaosSamusX posted:

How do you say something that blatantly hypocritical? This is a man who is primarily known for something he did that makes those statements ironic!

It's called a bubble for a reason.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I don't know about you guys, but I think providing literal rifles and missiles to dangerous individuals is a bit more likely to bite the USA in the rear end than five people who will probably be blown to bits by drones anyway.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
This poor woman is at her wits end. You can feel the desperation. And yet no one is really talking about it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

No.1 Special posted:

This poor woman is at her wits end. You can feel the desperation. And yet no one is really talking about it.
No kidding.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

twistedmentat posted:

...and a man who committed High Treason, Oliver North.

I just got to this part and this is blowing my loving mind, did they think they could trot out Oliver loving North and nobody would notice?!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's often the sad reality of populous uprisings; opportunists take advantage of the chaos to take over, and are just as bad as the people they replaced.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

raditts posted:

I just got to this part and this is blowing my loving mind, did they think they could trot out Oliver loving North and nobody would notice?!
He's been a correspondent there for years.

So... yes. Not only did they think people would not notice, but they thought people would see him as an Authority On The Matter.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

No.1 Special posted:

Yeah. This is the first I've heard of it too. I thought he was just gone to work on the movie with John Hamm.

Edit: The show is called "The Brink". Also this is loving pathetic.

It was mentioned back in the first part of Jason's series in India. I swear this thread has the memory of goldfish sometimes.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

raditts posted:

Robert Ailes Memo: Col. North is going to come on and say some things resembling terrorism but he served under Reagan, so it's all good!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Magnus Man THUNDERCROTCH

Good luck finding a book store in most of the US to not buy from Amazon.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 5, 2014

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

twistedmentat posted:

Good luck finding a book store in most of the US to not buy from Amazon.

That isn't Barnes & Noble, yeah.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I used to live within walking distance of a huge Borders store, but of course they had to go and go out of business. :smith:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I used to live within walking distance of a huge Borders store, but of course they had to go and go out of business. :smith:

Could be worse- you could only have a Waldenbooks aka Regnery's storefront.

e: had. totally forgot they went tits up with Borders

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 5, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Awe that squirrel is in a cast.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Well they pretty much did it to themselves, their prices were crazy inflated and they had the complete lack of business sense to let Amazon run their online operations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I still suspect Jonah Hills ability to be funny after Allen Gregory.

And was that clip supposed to be funny?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It is if you get that the movies are genre satire.

And sorry Stephen, I'm sticking with Amazon in this fight.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Zero One posted:

And sorry Stephen, I'm sticking with Amazon in this fight.

I don't know anything about it aside from what he mentioned in the segment, but why?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Zero One posted:

I am aware of genre satire, just that wasn't funny. It was just "hey lets get strapped and ghostride to Turn Down For What" that looks like a youtube video.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

I don't know anything about it aside from what he mentioned in the segment, but why?

How else are you going to buy ebooks?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

IRQ posted:

Where else can you buy literally anything and have it delivered the next day?

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

Jonah Hill seems like a guy who has probably murdered dozens of people, simultaneously sobbing and laughing while he commits bloody atrocities.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Skunny Wundy posted:

Jonah Hill seems like a guy who has probably murdered dozens of people, simultaneously sobbing and laughing while he commits bloody atrocities.
Yeah, whenever he's promoting something, he always strikes me like he's still acting. It's why I enjoyed his role in This Is The End so much: in that movie he's a disingenuous piece of poo poo who hides his true identity under a facade of cheesy, over-the-top niceness.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

IRQ posted:

I assumed he had some more noble reasoning than "it's a cheap, easy, and convenient service."
Which is fine and totally why I use Amazon for everything, but them doing pretty shady poo poo to try to force a publisher to drive their prices down is awful Walmarty of them.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
You know your hosed when the NRA is calling you loving stupid.

edit:And now they're being cowards again.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Dammit Jon, you are not Patton Oswalt, leave the Shame Food routines alone.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I'd still eat it. I love Chili's :smith:

Edit: Perfect way to end that bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Best summery of the trilby I've ever heard.

I really cannot see this not ending with a black guy who is an open carry proponent going into a Mcdonalds and a bunch of white guys who are also open carry proponents opening fire because they thought he was gonna rob it.

• Locked thread