Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Reading it back, the "isn't non-violent" makes it probably "JOE IS GONNA KILL YOU."

And who the gently caress can't pronouce "Samoa" besides Scott Steiner?

poo poo, I read it wrong, and thought it said *is* non violent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fauxhawk Express posted:

And who the gently caress can't pronouce "Samoa" besides Scott Steiner?

Certainly not the people playing the "culturally correct" Polynesian music and erecting tiki torches.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I just figured he was proposing he be renamed Killer Joe and rely on the audience's knowledge of William Friedkin's filmography.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

I just figured he was proposing he be renamed Killer Joe and rely on the audience's knowledge of William Friedkin's filmography.

Navajo Joe and he gets to come out to loving awesome Ennio Morricone music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN1bJqU50iA

Most white people wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Coffin Joe trilogy.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Ashita no Joe

bonus points if he feuds with Rikishi

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 5, 2014

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011
Guys I have a great plan to save Samoa Joe's TNA career. All we'll need is to travel back in time to 2006, plus $50,000 for expenses.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

yes putting a meaningless title on samoa joe and an even more meaningless title on austin aries will turn tna around for sure.

also this man put "serious athlete" and samoa joe in the same sentence, shut the gently caress up.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
No Bruno references, this Sack is second rate

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Hey I'm terrible at translating Babinsack to English, but is his master plan for Samoa Joe almost literally how the One Man Gang became Akeem?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

As if Samoa Joe could hold a piece of fried chicken that long without eating it

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

Hey I'm terrible at translating Babinsack to English, but is his master plan for Samoa Joe almost literally how the One Man Gang became Akeem?

Yes, if Slick had tricked OMG to show up by promising there would be some free cake.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I peeped that new Babinsack on Seth Rollins today. For starters:

quote:

Yeah, I’d be more favorable to the WWE if they every sent me product, but I know there’s a time to ignore and a time to comment, and now’s the best time to comment.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Joe Babinsack writes Yelp reviews about wrestling

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He's posted over 200 of them. There's a list on the board of a bunch of them. I'd link them but even the people I am not fond of do not deserve this. gently caress Bryan for not doing the call in show right after I realized I could call in and ask why Joe Babinsack articles are posted on the site. I guess I could call WOL... or maybe send a Sin Limite question "Did Zane Bresloff ever ask why Dave posts Joe Babinsack articles on the front page?"

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Ctrl-F'd for Bruno, no results, this is a sub-par Babinsack article.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

???

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The wording of those tweets does not come off as if the fan actually cares, they just want JR to know they are a big fan and paid so much attention to that podcast. If he was even reading JR's twitter it'd be clear he didn't have a stroke.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Valeyard posted:

Hey Hulkster can a brother get a RT?

To be fair, the fact that Hollywood Hulk Hogan has seen Barnacle Jim's long rear end face owns and is not bad at all

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Oh god, Gemni686. I remember that guy, he used to keep making Youtube videos about how much of a huge John Cena fan he is, and he'd be decked out in Cena gear and have his theme playing in the background. Then people would troll him so he'd close his account and make a new one a few months later. As you can imagine, the cycle would repeat endlessly. He then began getting his fellow "YWC" (lol) friends to put his stupid videos on their accounts just to gently caress with people. He's basically the living embodiment of :reject: Good to see he's now harassing wrestlers on Twitter, a logical next step for him.

Here he is "shooting" on someone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl217B4jvrk

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

MassRafTer posted:

The wording of those tweets does not come off as if the fan actually cares, they just want JR to know they are a big fan and paid so much attention to that podcast. If he was even reading JR's twitter it'd be clear he didn't have a stroke.

TMZ posted:

Jim Ross was hospitalized Thursday for mysterious '"stroke-like symptoms"
Doctors also informed Ross ... the tests showed he had suffered a minor undiagnosed stroke in the past

I can see why he'd ask that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sir Jebus posted:

I can see why he'd ask that.

Again if he was actually reading JR's twitter and blog (like you'd expect from someone who says what a big fan they are) he'd know. Instead he just came off as someone who wanted to suck up to a celebrity and get attention by acting like a fan after something bad happened which fits with the guy's MO.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I found this to be really stupid:
http://whatculture.com/wwe/10-wrestlers-never-knew-dead.php

The whole website is just as dumb

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

schweens posted:

OMG, no Kevin Nash? WTF.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

schweens posted:

I can see how a casual fan wouldn't know about Doink or whatever, but wasn't Cade's death heavily publicized since it was during Linda's senate run?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

schweens posted:

Test?? Test is dead???

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endorph posted:

I can see how a casual fan wouldn't know about Doink or whatever, but wasn't Cade's death heavily publicized since it was during Linda's senate run?

She took some heat because somebody who knew Cade pointed out she didn't even know his name when they met.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Since f4wonline.com seems to have stopped posting live coverage of Raw, I went to 411 Wrestling because I couldn't think of anything less crappy to check on the last half hour. Their version, written by a "Tony Acero," is all right if you don't mind scrolling past really creepy gifs of AJ Lee at random points.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

An Actual Bear posted:

Oh god, Gemni686. I remember that guy, he used to keep making Youtube videos about how much of a huge John Cena fan he is, and he'd be decked out in Cena gear and have his theme playing in the background. Then people would troll him so he'd close his account and make a new one a few months later. As you can imagine, the cycle would repeat endlessly. He then began getting his fellow "YWC" (lol) friends to put his stupid videos on their accounts just to gently caress with people. He's basically the living embodiment of :reject: Good to see he's now harassing wrestlers on Twitter, a logical next step for him.

Here he is "shooting" on someone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl217B4jvrk

loving YouTube "shoots", I'm back in like 2006 man. Amazing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Some dingus on Youtube talking about the Stardust debut posted:

So Cody Rhodes has an alter ego just like Jeff Hardy does over on TNA. What a Coincidence.

Clearly TNA invented alter egos.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Because we're totally meant to take Stardust seriously as a main event level threat and not a comedy character for a few weeks.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNAMecca:

Low locker room morale reports always seem to hit a nerve in particular.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

TNAMecca:

Low locker room morale reports always seem to hit a nerve in particular.

Snuh? Is TNAMecca trying to run with a narrative that its the writers ruining the talent's morale?

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

coconono posted:

Snuh? Is TNAMecca trying to run with a narrative that its the writers ruining the talent's morale?

I think he's making an awful joke about how dirt sheets saying TNA morale is low, and now after a GREAAATTTTT PPV event, the dirt sheet backstage area has low morale.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Ktik posted:

I think he's making an awful joke about how dirt sheets saying TNA morale is low, and now after a GREAAATTTTT PPV event, the dirt sheet backstage area has low morale.

Yeah, it's just a really bad joke.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I peeped that new Babinsack on Seth Rollins today. For starters:

I just read this Babinsack article and need this translated into English:

quote:

Pointing out the brilliance of a great moment may overly hype the state of the industry, and we probably won’t be able to bank on the true success until the arena figures, PPV moneys (or whatever it is we call those events these days) and expectations of bigger Network buys all get reported. But learning from what looks to be a great creative decision may be helpful to the rest of the promotions. Then again, history shows that aping the 800 lb gorilla is the easiest way to coast to mediocrity.

I had that hunch, but for once in a blue moon, the WWE cooked up a response to tangled webs of one talent who’s run went horribly wrong, one faction that was hitting on all cylinders, one feud that obviously ran its course.

Timing, I would say, was a keystone of this moment. The feud with Evolution was one, and The Shield was victorious beyond belief. Actually, well beyond belief considering HHH on the other side. But with a summer of shows to fulfill and a feud that really, really couldn’t have shifted into a Wyatt Family reunion, something big had to happen. Maybe many figured Bray would be singing while Evolution burned to the ground, but something had to happen, and then.

What the gently caress is he talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

laz0rbeak posted:

I just read this Babinsack article and need this translated into English:

What the gently caress is he talking about?

My Ultimate Warrior to Babinsack to English translator is broken, sorry

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 21, 2014