Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

muscles like this? posted:

James Gunn put out an image of his suit so it seems likely.

It's probably his dog. And he hopefully will voice it. James Gunn always has the best director cameos in his films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl-oU0_PKAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Opopanax posted:

David Lynch for director and star

I can't even begin to express how perfect and awesome this would be.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Deadpool posted:

Sinister was pretty good I thought, especially so for a horror film, but I just don't have much interest in Strange at all.

Me neither, but I do like the fact that Marvel is at least attempting to make movies that aren't just your typical superhero fare, starting with GotG.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I hope this upcoming Dr. Strange film, probably directed by the guy who did Underworld 3, is either Lynchian or Lovecraftian.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Jonny_Rocket posted:

http://io9.com/the-doctor-strange-movie-has-found-its-director-1585672465

Doctor Strange movie apparently has a director! I haven't seen any of the movies the director has done though, so I can't judge on quality

But Marvel are totally doing Black Panther or Captain Marvel :v:

I liked Sinister for what it was and good for that guy for moving past being known as the director of the terrible Day the Earth Stood Still remake and a bunch of terrible direct to DVD horror sequels.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Crowetron posted:

Add Shuma-Gorath to the script and give the project to Cronenberg

Honestly, that isn't a bad idea. If you see Captain America as a WWII movie with superheroes (at least the first part) and Thor as a fantasy movie with superheroes, a horror movie with superheroes isn't a bad idea at all.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

e X posted:

Honestly, that isn't a bad idea. If you see Captain America as a WWII movie with superheroes (at least the first part) and Thor as a fantasy movie with superheroes, a horror movie with superheroes isn't a bad idea at all.

That's a really good way of looking at it, and kind of illustrates (for me) the difference between the good comic movies and the not so good.

Cap 2 is a spy movie, that deals with comic book characters
X-men movies, are comic book movies (Haven't seen DOFP)

The Amazing Spider-Man movies, are sci-fi movies with comic book characters
Man of Steel, is a comic book movie

And that's not even saying that the "comic book" movies are bad, they just have different focus. If you took Cap out of TWS and replaced him with James Bond, very little would have changed and you'd still have a good movie. If you took away the comic book elements of Man of Steel and just had it be about invading aliens with super strength, but we're saved by the good one, it would lose a lot.

Unrelated, I had a question about Amazing Spider-man 2 as I finally had a chance to see it this past weekend. For the past two movies and probably the last 12 years, Peter has been trying to find out what happened to his parents. In this movie, we find out that they have been (falsely) branded as traitors by the US government. Isn't that kind of thing public knowledge? I mean, sure, Aunt May might have been able to hide the fact that FBI agents came to the house looking for Richard and Mary, but wouldn't a google search show that these two people disappeared, after betraying their government? I can understand wanting to know the whole story and the truth, but wouldn't that have been one of the first things he found out about?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Man of Steel is an alien invasion movie with comic book characters.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

But Marvel are totally doing Black Panther or Captain Marvel :v:

I liked Sinister for what it was and good for that guy for moving past being known as the director of the terrible Day the Earth Stood Still remake and a bunch of terrible direct to DVD horror sequels.

I can kinda see Feige in a meeting with the Disney brass and pitching Captain Marvel or Black Widow...

:shobon:"Well, we've got this great space opera concept that could be good, kind of like what Green Lantern should've been. It's about this USAF pilot and an alien device gives her-"
:crossarms:"Her?"
:shobon:"Um, yes, the character's a woman?"
:crossarms: "No."
:shobon:"But the print division have spent years building her into this kind of iconic Wonder Woman figure and-"
:crossarms:"No. People don't go to action movies to see women beat the bad guys".

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

:crossarms:"No. People don't go to action movies to see women beat the bad guys".

I'll hold out hope given some recent Star Wars casting news. The winds of change are blowing (very, very lightly).

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Gaz-L posted:

I can kinda see Feige in a meeting with the Disney brass and pitching Captain Marvel or Black Widow...

:shobon:"Well, we've got this great space opera concept that could be good, kind of like what Green Lantern should've been. It's about this USAF pilot and an alien device gives her-"
:crossarms:"Her?"
:shobon:"Um, yes, the character's a woman?"
:crossarms: "No."
:shobon:"But the print division have spent years building her into this kind of iconic Wonder Woman figure and-"

To be fair, if any major film company is going to put money into a film with an active female lead, it's Disney.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mr. Maltose posted:

To be fair, if any major film company is going to put money into a film with an active female lead, it's Disney.

A Black Widow musical would be amazing

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
gently caress it, just make Frozen 2 be Elsa vs Surtur.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Wasn't there talk for a while of rebooting Daredevil? Anything going on with that?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

Wasn't there talk for a while of rebooting Daredevil? Anything going on with that?

Netflix TV series.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I don't see why Avengers 3 can't be Cap Thor Iron Man with Elsa, Tiana, Indy, Chewie and Kuzsco taking on Thanos.

Maybe Capt. Marvel on a Skrull vs Kree war with some Star Wars thrown in. Or Indy finding Atlantis and Namor.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't know if i'd want a space adventure for Carols first movie. I'd rather her face off against Moonstone on earth. Second film would be her going into space to search for the origin of her powers.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah Moonstone's really gonna bring the casual viewers out.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Gatts posted:

I don't see why Avengers 3 can't be Cap Thor Iron Man with Elsa, Tiana, Indy, Chewie and Kuzsco taking on Thanos.

Maybe Capt. Marvel on a Skrull vs Kree war with some Star Wars thrown in. Or Indy finding Atlantis and Namor.

I would watch the gently caress out of ANY of these.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

zoux posted:

Yeah Moonstone's really gonna bring the casual viewers out.

Because if there's something that'll bring casual viewers out it's Captain Marvel.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Could've said the same thing about Iron Man vs Iron Monger 10 years ago

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gatts posted:

The reason companies that own a million IPs don't regularly do this sort of thing is that a failed project can damage a brand. The more brands you involve, the more damage you're risking if the movie is horrible.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Gatts posted:

Anything less than this in Avengers 3 will be a disappointment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvdoLRBudwU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Netflix TV series.

With Charlie Cox (from Boardwalk Empire) as Daredevil.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

With Charlie Cox (from Boardwalk Empire) as Daredevil.

And Steven DeKnight as the showrunner. It's got the right pieces to be pretty good imo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Thanos is going to be in GotG a lot more than I thought:

quote:

Though Thanos didn't appear until the very end of The Avengers, Vulture has learned that he'll emerge in the first act of Guardians of the Galaxy. Thanos will be communicating remotely via hologram for most of the film — a move the Mad Titan likely cribbed from the equally enigmatic Emperor Palpatine in The Empire Strikes Back — though he does show up in the purple flesh for a scene that also features Ronan the Accuser (Lee Pace) and Nebula (Karen Gillan), who do Thanos's bidding and serve as the primary adversaries in Guardians. Still, though Thanos is only briefly glimpsed throughout Guardians, his presence is palpable throughout: Characters reference him often and fearfully, and he has familial ties to Gamora (Zoe Saldana), our green-skinned female lead.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Makes sense. At least it's being upfront about it rather than Feige's "uh no the Collector works for nobody else, Thanos isn't in the film".

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Does this mean They don't want to involve the Kree too much? I thought Ronan worked for the Kree? I don't know too much space marvel though, so feel free to drop some knowledge on me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why would any of that preclude the Kree? Djimon Huston is playing a fairly famous Kree guy and yeah Ronan is Kree.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

zoux posted:

Why would any of that preclude the Kree? Djimon Huston is playing a fairly famous Kree guy and yeah Ronan is Kree.

Well I think his idea is, an Accuser is essentially a Judge of the Kree right? So if Ronan is a Kree official, why is he following orders/doing the bidding of Thanos? They may be separating Ronan's being Kree from Ronan actually being involved with his people in the film, i.e. he's a Kree but other than that they aren't really involved at all in the plot.

Edit: Well I will agree, it's pointless to speculate.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 5, 2014

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

Well I think his idea is, an Accuser is essentially a Judge of the Kree right? So if Ronan is a Kree official, why is he following orders/doing the bidding of Thanos? They may be separating Ronan's being Kree from Ronan actually being involved with his people in the film, i.e. he's a Kree but other than that they aren't really involved at all in the plot.

Or maybe Thanos has subjugated the Kree or something. It's pointless to speculate, we'll find out soon enough.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

mikeraskol posted:

Well I think his idea is, an Accuser is essentially a Judge of the Kree right?

Yeah, Ronan was originally based pretty clearly off Justice Scalia. The character's wandered a bit since then, but you can still see the resemblance.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
In the Ultimate universe, Ronan is Thanos' son and one of his generals.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mikeraskol posted:

Being in a scene together doesn't necessarily mean working together but I guess we'll see. Marvel Cosmic is complex as poo poo with multiple factions running around doing poo poo so I imagine it's going to be greatly simplified for the big screen.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

mikeraskol posted:

They are criminals so he could just be looking for them to judge them, and Thanos has the same goal at that time.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
New TV Spot for GOTG is out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq_U4RcONlU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Rocket sounds like Bruce Willis, who also did fine raccoon voiceover work in Over the Hedge. :tinfoil:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

redbackground posted:

Rocket sounds like Bruce Willis, who also did fine raccoon voiceover work in Over the Hedge. :tinfoil:

I think he sounds kind of "Nolan North-y"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

I think he sounds kind of "Nolan North-y"
You'd think they would get Nolan North or Troy Baker or Robin Atkin Downes to do Rocket, it would have been cheaper I bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

• Locked thread