Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

Evil_Greven posted:

Hey Cyster, speaking of breaking things, quick question - I bought that 50g mount movement speed upgrade when it was broke several days ago, and it ate my gold without giving me anything.

If that can be rectified, is there a way to get GM support ingame, or does it need to be elsewhere?

We know about the issue and I know it's getting fixed. Not sure what's going on in terms of compensation, but I'm sure there's talk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Psykmoe posted:

I thought I was immune to it but as soon as I stepped foot onto my plot and plonked a house down I cursed myself for not having gone Architect. I guess it's good I never got an Animal Crossing game.

I've got all the T1/T2 architect stuff unlocked, if you need anything just mail me some mats and I can crank it out for you.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Psykmoe posted:

I thought I was immune to it but as soon as I stepped foot onto my plot and plonked a house down I cursed myself for not having gone Architect. I guess it's good I never got an Animal Crossing game.

You can change professions pretty much at will, and don't lose any progress for when you switch back.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
Is there any resource or calculator that tells you what mats you would need to go through the unlock tree for each tier of a craft? I'd just like to buy up all the mats I need at once and marathon all the unlocks at once without having to run around Illium constantly to pick up ingredients I'm missing.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Evil_Greven posted:

Hey Cyster, speaking of breaking things, quick question - I bought that 50g mount movement speed upgrade when it was broke several days ago, and it ate my gold without giving me anything.

If that can be rectified, is there a way to get GM support ingame, or does it need to be elsewhere?

I'd file a ticket on so you're in the list.

I've got no outstanding ticket that just got moved this morning.

quote:

Chris (WildStar Player Support)

Jun 05 14:28

Greetings,

We have become aware of several issues with the Mount vendors.

Our Developers are hard at work to find a permanent solution to the issue. Once they've got it all straightened out, we will then be looking at all of those affected to make sure they have what they should and only paid what it should have cost.

We'll update you through this ticket as soon as we're ready to start reimbursing.

apple orchard of dreams
Jun 18, 2001
Has anyone messed with the macro system for this game? There doesn't seem to be any documentation on it anywhere. I'd like to make a macro where I can automatically activate proc skills like Atomize before skills like Gamma Rays.

Here is an example of what it would look like if it worked like FF14:

/ac "Atomize" <t>
/ac "Gamma Rays" <t>

I'd rather have this than use an addon like ProcHud.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So I cannot progress at all down my assault AMP skill line on my medic because apparently every single tier 2 amp needs to be found? Its really a pretty lovely system and I am not comprehending why it was done like this.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

BadLlama posted:

So I cannot progress at all down my assault AMP skill line on my medic because apparently every single tier 2 amp needs to be found? Its really a pretty lovely system and I am not comprehending why it was done like this.

Auction House and Vendors good sources of AMPs.

And guildmates.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
GETCHERGUESTPASSESHERE!

CPO32UVSDMLP8V7WZDKS
CPO4FMBIGPAYWRZAYS42
CPO64B7N2KVNY9ZDBUTG

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Is the Garden Tier 2 FAB Kit crafted?

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

I liked the description of RP servers I heard recently: It's just where old gamers go to retire, drawn in by the more-proper grammar and milquetoast non-confrontational playerbase.

On Evindra's dom side, the most RP I've seen is a small group in Illium earlier today and a draken who insisted he wasn't a draken, he was a lovely draken, in character.

Confirming this. It's also why RP severs are short on raid guilds (raiding allergies become more common as you get older) and talent (because RP is thought of as a non-judgmental place).

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

BadLlama posted:

You just need 2 of the tier 2 amps to unlock the 3rd tier. If you get the AMP Finder addon it will let you mouse over each one to see where you can buy them from rep vendors. Some are drop-only though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rep vendors for the various factions also have 2-3 Amps at like the second level.

boho posted:

Is the Garden Tier 2 FAB Kit crafted?

Yes, but it also drops.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Rep vendors for the various factions also have 2-3 Amps at like the second level.

Are there any websites like WoWhead for Wildstar so I can figure out where these guys are?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

BadLlama posted:

Are there any websites like WoWhead for Wildstar so I can figure out where these guys are?

There's an addon that lists amp locations

http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220169-amppurchased

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

GreenMarine posted:

CPO4FMBIGPAYWRZAYS42

snagged this one. thank you!

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

GreenMarine posted:

GETCHERGUESTPASSESHERE!

Or, more appropriately, here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3640209

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
had anyone tried buying advanced riding since the patch last night? I'm wondering if I should go buy it again now that it's fixed since I'm not sure I ever received it

bonerstorm
Jul 26, 2009

:|
Anyone else still getting hosed up serial codes, and no response from WildStar?

The idiots at GreenManGaming suggest I create an account to try and use my serial code, nooooo poo poo?

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

GreenMarine posted:

GETCHERGUESTPASSESHERE!

CPO32UVSDMLP8V7WZDKS
CPO4FMBIGPAYWRZAYS42
CPO64B7N2KVNY9ZDBUTG

Took CPO32UVSDMLP8V7WZDKS. Thanks!

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
need a favor from someone with a mount but without advanced riding

install this mod: http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/221039-speedo

and ride forward for 5s,sprint for 5s,and record those numbers? I need a baseline so I can check if I actually received the advanced riding skill.

axente
Aug 8, 2012

Some more quest passes (eu)

2GZCDYZOD4XO8D0Q3DQK
2GZDM5SA575RB0RKZANM
2GZFIIPOP56IQ2FTWB0I

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.
The level 25 adventure is a silly moba like thing and I'm not even sure if you need a tank unless you're killing the big bosses for bonuses.

dvision
Jun 14, 2005
Am I missing anything by just leveling through PvP? I can't really stand the MMO questing anymore. When I hit the right levels I will plan on doing dungeons etc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

dvision posted:

Am I missing anything by just leveling through PvP? I can't really stand the MMO questing anymore. When I hit the right levels I will plan on doing dungeons etc.

$60 or so.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

axente posted:

2GZCDYZOD4XO8D0Q3DQK
2GZDM5SA575RB0RKZANM
2GZFIIPOP56IQ2FTWB0I

Took 2GZDM5SA575RB0RKZANM, thanks!

Didn't see anyone else post it here, but someone else had used 2GZFIIPOP56IQ2FTWB0I as well.

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 5, 2014

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dvision posted:

At only two battlegrounds while you are leveling up, this method gets boring very quickly.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Is there any way to change the "zone floor" of your housing zone? This grass is really cramping the style of the winter wonderland I'm trying to build.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

bonerstorm posted:

Anyone else still getting hosed up serial codes, and no response from WildStar?

The idiots at GreenManGaming suggest I create an account to try and use my serial code, nooooo poo poo?

same here. Theres a thread where they are providing updates for it too:
https://forums.playfire.com/gmg/thread/121204?page=6

Decided to get to level 17 but its not fun not being able to join any dungeons or talk to anyone outside of /say.

Edit: Expected to be working within 8 hour, amazing.

Tenchrono fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 5, 2014

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

dvision posted:

If all you care about is PVP then go for it youll have a poo poo ton of prestige at 50 unless there's a cap? But as others have said only have 2 BG kind of sucks rear end and gets tedious pretty quickly. I try to play at least 2-3 matches a night and then do some questing.

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!

axente posted:

2GZCDYZOD4XO8D0Q3DQK

Took this one, thanks!

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
I wish there was an addon that would enable the "Hold to continue casting" option on only some abilities. Mostly for my Medic where I just hold down the basic attack (I can't remember the name of it), and then when I go to the second attack with the three lines (again, I can't remember the name of it) and it casts it twice instead of just the one time I wanted.

That was a poorly explained situation, but I'm sure there are others who would find this useful too.

dvision
Jun 14, 2005

BadLlama posted:

If all you care about is PVP then go for it youll have a poo poo ton of prestige at 50 unless there's a cap? But as others have said only have 2 BG kind of sucks rear end and gets tedious pretty quickly. I try to play at least 2-3 matches a night and then do some questing.

Makes sense, I'll get back to collecting bear asses

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Velveteen posted:

Apparently for Weaponcrafting there is a bugged level 30 weapon with almost twice as much assault power but zero support power.
Holy poo poo this was bug reported repeatedly ages ago and they let it go into launch?

:doh:

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
I'm going to have to upgrade my PC to get this game to run better, but I'm not sure if I need to get a whole new machine. I've had a look on Can You Run It and I'm about 1/3 between minimum and recommended. It recommends I upgrade my RAM and video card, but I'm not sure what I should be getting, or if I go and upgrade those then the CPU might barely good enough anyway.

I have:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Video Card: GeForce GTS 450

I'm not bothered about having all ultra settings or anything, and it generally runs fairly acceptably right now, but some zones or animations regularly make the game freeze up for a few seconds and it's gotten me killed more than once. Could anyone please advise?

Aside from that, I've been really enjoying this game. Esper is an awesome priestmage and healing is intense, especially in dungeons.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yeah Upgrade your RAM. Get like 8 or something and you'll be fine there. I think Nvidia and ATI just released new generations of cards that include some very good budget cards under $200. Your processor is fine.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Strange Horizon posted:

I'm going to have to upgrade my PC to get this game to run better, but I'm not sure if I need to get a whole new machine. I've had a look on Can You Run It and I'm about 1/3 between minimum and recommended. It recommends I upgrade my RAM and video card, but I'm not sure what I should be getting, or if I go and upgrade those then the CPU might barely good enough anyway.

I have:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Video Card: GeForce GTS 450

I'm not bothered about having all ultra settings or anything, and it generally runs fairly acceptably right now, but some zones or animations regularly make the game freeze up for a few seconds and it's gotten me killed more than once. Could anyone please advise?

Aside from that, I've been really enjoying this game. Esper is an awesome priestmage and healing is intense, especially in dungeons.

Yeah, more RAM and a better card and you'll be fine. I run comfortably on 8 GB RAM and a GeForce 550M. With a weaker cpu than you, on low settings with around 20 to 30 FPS. it isn't going to look as amazing as it could but it is still a pretty game. I'm also pretty sure something is horribly wrong with my laptop but I get that feeling about every computer I own so whatever. It works.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

CrashCat posted:

Holy poo poo this was bug reported repeatedly ages ago and they let it go into launch?

:doh:

Working As Intended :carbine:

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
Can someone please recommend an addon that lets you move the resource bar (thing that tells you how many actuators you have as medic, etc.) around? Being locked at the bottom of the screen above the hotbar has to be one of the worst places possible for such an important feature.

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.

folgore posted:

Can someone please recommend an addon that lets you move the resource bar (thing that tells you how many actuators you have as medic, etc.) around? Being locked at the bottom of the screen above the hotbar has to be one of the worst places possible for such an important feature.

Look into Medicate. The dev ducked out, but it still works for now. Another dev is likely to pick up the project next time it needs work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

folgore posted:

I believe Candybars lets you move a lot of UI elements around.

Also the wildstar default UI is really quite good as far as default UIs go and I've rarely had problems properly using my class resources from the bottom of the screen on multiple classes, just sayin'.

• Locked thread