Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Now that Oberyn is dead and Bronn is retired I want a new cool fighter person to root for, someone who generates fight scenes. We are a bit low on them now. No, Jon Snow and Daario aren't cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

SBJ posted:

I honestly don't know how much clearer it can be. I'm also not sure why it wasn't mentioned earlier, but everyone that Mel claimed that "the lord has needed" has been burned to a crisp.

If just three leeches can kill three pretenders, why wouldn't they just put a leech on Shireen every month or so?

What the other poster said, that it's an undefined "something bad," is all we know - a straight blood sacrifice like how people are talking about it is dumb and doesn't make sense.

Oh my loving god page 51 is nothing but book chat. STOP TALKING ABOUT THE BOOKS. If you have questions pm someone in the OP, they're literally assigned the job of answering your inane book questions.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I found out Ned dies, Stannis loses the siege, and littlefinger killed joffrey from this forum, the last one was someone bitching about "aw man someone gave me a red text that says littlefinger killed joffrey" and gets replies "aw man it sux that you got a red text that says littlefinger killed joffrey, this is why I turn off avatars so I don't get spoiled" but people constantly talking about how Sansa doesn't have any more book plot for a long time or certain character scenes being from book 4 or even book 5 letting me know they pretty much have plot armor now. I just find it amusing how bad people in this thread are at not spoiling poo poo.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

certain character scenes being from book 4 or even book 5 letting me know they pretty much have plot armor now.

That's not true at all. Any of the characters who are into their AFFC or ADWD stories can die, why wouldn't they be able to? It's not like the timeline will be completely thrown off if x character dies before y character's AFFC story starts.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Steve2911 posted:

That's not true at all. Any of the characters who are into their AFFC or ADWD stories can die, why wouldn't they be able to? It's not like the timeline will be completely thrown off if x character dies before y character's AFFC story starts.

such and such is still alive in book 5, guess I don't need to worry about this part where said character is made to seem like they're about to die. pretty simple.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

such and such is still alive in book 5, guess I don't need to worry about this season long arc where said character is made to seem like they're about to die. pretty simple.

This is incorrect but we should stop talking about this.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

such and such is still alive in book 5, guess I don't need to worry about this part where said character is made to seem like they're about to die. pretty simple.

But their story is ahead, so why could their death not also happen sooner?

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

EccoRaven posted:

If just three leeches can kill three pretenders, why wouldn't they just put a leech on Shireen every month or so?

What the other poster said, that it's an undefined "something bad," is all we know - a straight blood sacrifice like how people are talking about it is dumb and doesn't make sense.

Oh my loving god page 51 is nothing but book chat. STOP TALKING ABOUT THE BOOKS. If you have questions pm someone in the OP, they're literally assigned the job of answering your inane book questions.

I feel like the leeches fall in the category of poo poo Mel does for show. There was a decent chance those guys were gonna bite it regardless. Except Balon (who is notably still alive), because seriously, why would anyone besides Stannis care?

Bobo the Red fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 5, 2014

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
As a 12 year old living vicariously through the show I assume Melisandre only sought Gendry out because she really wanted to bang him. Same with Margaery and Tommen.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
Balon had two scenes. I feel like we're never going to see more Greyjoy action.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

But the point is that such and such's storyline from book 5 is happening now on the show so they could easily die! I hate spoilers for this show, but saying character x is currently on book y is not a spoiler at all.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kasonic posted:

Balon had two scenes. I feel like we're never going to see more Greyjoy action.

Let's stop talking about the books and start talking about how hilarious it is that Yara's big rescue mission that they built up at the end of season 3 amounted to one five-minute scene.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Sansa could literally die this season and I'd only be surprised because it doesn't make sense to kill her now when she's just starting to do things.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Max posted:

Let's stop talking about the books and start talking about how hilarious it is that Yara's big rescue mission that they built up at the end of season 3 amounted to one five-minute scene.

Ironborn scenes are like Sideshow Bob being smacked in the head by infinite rakes, forever. I hope they never end.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Max posted:

That was pretty funny to me as well. All that build up, she gets to her captive brother and after 1 sign of adversity says v:v:v welp, let's head home boys!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Also, that cut to the flayed ironborn guy right after he killed his commander was so comical a slide whistle would have been appropriate.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Also, that cut to the flayed ironborn guy right after he killed his commander was so comical a slide whistle would have been appropriate.

What is dead may never die.

Ramsay rules-lawyered his way out of that one.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I feel like Yara's claim to fame up to this point is getting finger banged by her brother :v:

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

This picture isn't clever or anything and really shouldn't be even remotely funny and yet I'm still chuckling at it:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Shath Hole posted:

I feel like Yara's claim to fame up to this point is getting finger banged by her brother :v:

I looked up Yara on google and found an article stating that they may have offered the part to Theon's real-life sister who is also an actress. But apparently after they told her what it would entail she appropriately responded with no gross what the gently caress is wrong with you.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
Yeah, Yara let Theon grope her for wayyyy too long

PantsBandit posted:

I looked up Yara on google and found an article stating that they may have offered the part to Theon's real-life sister who is also an actress. But apparently after they told her what it would entail she appropriately responded with no gross what the gently caress is wrong with you.

His real life sister is famous singer Lily Allen

Edit: apparently Alfie has said that her claims of being offered the job are false. Awkward on many levels.

Bobo the Red fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 5, 2014

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

She has no place in a world written by GRRM!

Bobo the Red posted:

Yeah, Yara let Theon grope her for wayyyy too long

Totally! She seemed to have a smug rear end look on her face too if I remember right.

:smug: you know something Theon Greyjoy

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 5, 2014

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Bobo the Red posted:

His real life sister is famous singer Lily Allen

No one knows who that is.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Yeah, Alfie said that it didn't happen: http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/554815/20140605/game-thrones-alfie-allen-lily-yara-greyjoy.htm#.U5DCTighFAc

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I know that one dude from earlier was irrationally complaining about the lack of realism in this show but really, who wouldn't have thrown an axe at a shirtless Ramsay from point blank range?

Also how the gently caress are you afraid of dogs when you're covered head to toe in dog-repelling chain armor?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

a cop posted:

No one knows who that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13TXPdCVxds

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The Vulture interview they cite in that article is pretty great. Apparently, they gave Alfie Allen a fake script when he was supposed to conquer Winterfell where he gets hosed up by Bran.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Was this part of Theon's torture? Holy gently caress what is that?!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Haha seriously what in the gently caress. That girl has a strange relationship with her brother.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Doltos posted:

I know that one dude from earlier was irrationally complaining about the lack of realism in this show but really, who wouldn't have thrown an axe at a shirtless Ramsay from point blank range?

Also how the gently caress are you afraid of dogs when you're covered head to toe in dog-repelling chain armor?

The scene made no sense on either end: she shouldn't have let him free the dogs (and should've just knocked Theon out), but once the dogs were free, how the gently caress did she get out? Ramsay let her go? This season has mostly been great, except a few episodes had minor scenes like this one that just kinda baffled you.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I love how long they had her just stand there doing nothing while Ramsey is opening the cage. No starting to run, no trying to kill a very vulnerable Ramsey, just standing still staring for ten seconds. Great directing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bobo the Red posted:

The scene made no sense on either end: she shouldn't have let him free the dogs (and should've just knocked Theon out), but once the dogs were free, how the gently caress did she get out? Ramsay let her go? This season has mostly been great, except a few episodes had minor scenes like this one that just kinda baffled you.

Serious question: What other scenes baffled you?

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Max posted:

Serious question: What other scenes baffled you?

The Mountain re-intro. The weird rape they never meant to be a rape. The background rapes at Craster's

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

Haha seriously what in the gently caress. That girl has a strange relationship with her brother.

Their dad is notorious dickhead actor Keith Allen (you might remember him as the naked dead guy from Shallow Grave) so it's actually surprising they are both as nice and normal as they are.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

an skeleton posted:

Without actually revealing any of them, how many major game-changing spoilers are there in the next books (4 and 5)? Everyone says they are such slow books and they happen at the same time, so are they a lot less dense with the "Oh poo poo" moments/paradigm shifts?

PM'd

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

marktheando posted:

But the point is that such and such's storyline from book 5 is happening now on the show so they could easily die! I hate spoilers for this show, but saying character x is currently on book y is not a spoiler at all.

edit: words

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 5, 2014

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The whole Theon rescue mission sequence was really one of the most bizarrely low-rent things this show has done. Plot armor all over the place.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

marktheando posted:

Their dad is notorious dickhead actor Keith Allen (you might remember him as the naked dead guy from Shallow Grave) so it's actually surprising they are both as nice and normal as they are.

Keith Allen is ridiculously obscure. It's pretty funny that his kid is now a hundred times more famous than him for a single role.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I wanna say this in a way that isn't a spoiler, so say that maester guy theon killed in Winterfell was bent over the chopping block at the end of the episode, theon cocking back his sword. then say someone says "yeah this moment didn't even happen till the end of book 3 crazy." then say another person says or has said at one point in the thread "yeah he's still alive in book 5", 2 things that it in themselves aren't spoilers, but together they make it a spoiler that home dude doesn't get his head chopped off right now because he's clearly alive in book 5 and this event happened in book 3.

Noooooo I tried to get everyone off this topic.

Bobo the Red posted:

The Mountain re-intro. The weird rape they never meant to be a rape. The background rapes at Craster's

I'm sending you a PM, no spoilers, just something interesting about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The whole Theon rescue mission sequence was really one of the most bizarrely low-rent things this show has done. Plot armor all over the place.

yeah, especially after that big speech she makes before hand about him being their prince and making the Bolton pay the iron price, then they show up and she's like oh drat he's gone crazy, gently caress'em let us bounce.

• Locked thread