Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I'd like to say those machines work pretty well so you should buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

im pooping! posted:

I'd like to say those machines work pretty well so you should buy it.

That's a bit of a stretch...

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

True American heroes, they were.

well actually

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/CxBJBDk.jpg :nws:
It's like heroin-Jesus, all over again.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
That dolphin is loving RIPPED.

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

univbee posted:

To me too. The UK went completely nuts because one of its citizens...went completely nuts and killed a bunch of people with throwing stars after an alleged ninja movie binge, so the UK government reacted in its usual way and banned all ninjas and throwing stars from being depicted in anything. Even the PC version of Shadow Warrior got a special UK edition where the throwing stars were replaced with darts.

I've heard about how the UK banned all ninja stuff in the 1980s, but I never knew the real reason why. I thought it was just because they thought movies were becoming too violent and they had to quell them down. Good to know that it was kinda like what happened in the 1990s with a lot of American cartoons, like when that kid burned his trailer down and it was blamed on Beavis and Butthead, or people thinking the early Simpsons episodes were subversive because of Bart, when really they were about as edgy as kindergarten safety scissors.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Yes!

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

mng posted:

That dolphin is loving RIPPED.

Dolphin Lundgren

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Can anyone tell me why dolphins are so ripped? I've been searching variations of "why are dolphins so ripped?" and all it returns are hits on body building forums going "holy poo poo that dolphin is jacked". My whole life I've never heard anything about dolphins being ripped as hell but every picture I see of one lately the loving thing looks like its on steroids.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They do a lot of swimming.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
swime as gently caress

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

AndyElusive posted:

Can anyone tell me why dolphins are so ripped? I've been searching variations of "why are dolphins so ripped?" and all it returns are hits on body building forums going "holy poo poo that dolphin is jacked". My whole life I've never heard anything about dolphins being ripped as hell but every picture I see of one lately the loving thing looks like its on steroids.
Recent epidemic of Dolphin steroid abuse. Tragic.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Which one of you made this page?

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

Sometimes life imitates art. For a long time scientists couldn't figure out how dolphins swam as fast as they did. The answer turned out to be that dolphin's were just way buffer than everybody had assumed.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

We're pretty much the only mammals that aren't ripped. Predatory animals like cats, wolves and bears have a lot of muscle. Prey animals are either agile or fast, so they need muscles too. As for close relatives? Check out this guy:

This is a chimpanzee that is so old and infirm that that its hair has fallen out. The senior citizen of chimpanzees.

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Something about a lot of our energy goes to growing and maintaining our brain versus muscle but that could be something I made up.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
I met an Australian dude who looked like a 70-year old wizard and said he had a PhD in marine mammal endocrinology. So, unless someone intelligent comes in, you're going to have to listen to my dumb anecdote.

He said that dolphins are maximally adapted for survival in their climate, and literally ride the very edge of their metabolism where they retain maximal muscle mass and keep very little fat. He had all sorts of interesting things to say about their adaptation to temperatures and what it might mean for us as humans. Told me that if you really wanted to put your body in maximum energy-consumption mode, you'd get yourself cold just to the point before you're shivering, and then you burn maximal calories trying to maintain body temperature.

Who knows if it's true, but FFS, this is PYF Funny Pictures, not Marine Mammal Endocrinology 101.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

AndyElusive posted:

because they're the same things as kangaroos

jovial_cynic
Aug 19, 2005

Rita Repulsa posted:

Almost.

jovial_cynic has a new favorite as of 00:11 on Jun 6, 2014

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

I feel like I'm in a time warp, something something my girlfriend threatens to leave me every time I mention how ripped dolphins are but I have conviction, dammit. *we threaten to leave each other over every minor thing.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Ewan posted:

I met an Australian dude who looked like a 70-year old wizard and said he had a PhD in marine mammal endocrinology. So, unless someone intelligent comes in, you're going to have to listen to my dumb anecdote.

He said that dolphins are maximally adapted for survival in their climate, and literally ride the very edge of their metabolism where they retain maximal muscle mass and keep very little fat. He had all sorts of interesting things to say about their adaptation to temperatures and what it might mean for us as humans. Told me that if you really wanted to put your body in maximum energy-consumption mode, you'd get yourself cold just to the point before you're shivering, and then you burn maximal calories trying to maintain body temperature.

I could have loving swore I've seen this worded almost word for word for some other topic before.

Rita Repulsa posted:

Ahhhh that's right.

Frostwerks has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Jun 6, 2014

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Back to content:

She actually waited there until it turned green. link

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

kinmik posted:

I can't tell if this is a real page or not. I mean, I looked it up on Facebook, so yeah, it's there, but I really can't tell if it's a joke page or not :psyduck:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

You seriously can't tell?

Well no wonder they don't know how to talk to girls, they missed the lecture!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Seriously? It's obviously a joke.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

RatHat posted:

Seriously? It's obviously a joke.

I dunno, there's a hint of crazy in there....

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
I mean, c'mon, look at that icon.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I dunno, there's a hint of crazy in there....

No. It is a joke page. Anyone who knows what a weeaboo is knows about other internet stuff. It is a joke. Poe's Law does not apply, because as some people may believe weird things about anime on this level, this is clearly a joke.

I mean, jesus, the second comment, "what you otaku don't realize...", is that a sentence a concerned mother would create? This is an organic, 100% free range joke that is on sale for five cents a pop, certified fresh; why are you still sniffing it?

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

kinmik posted:

https://www.facebook.com/SatanisAnime This one too

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

dolphins don't eat carbs

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

AndyElusive posted:

You eat nothing but fish and swim all day and see what happens

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Incantus posted:

Something about a lot of our energy goes to growing and maintaining our brain versus muscle but that could be something I made up.

Humans are long distance runners. We chased things down until they were exhausted. A gorilla or what ever just sits around and eats easy too access food and fights other males. So I guess becoming incredibly strong was the best way of surviving.

That is my uninformed opinion and I'm sticking too it. :)

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Jippa posted:

Humans are long distance runners. We chased things down until they were exhausted.

Please do not reveal my pick up strategies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Oh boy the postman is going to be so confused.

• Locked thread