Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

mousetrench posted:

Any Stern listeners know what the deal with this Hanzi guy is who called up O&A about 9/11? Is he doing a bit or is he legit crazy?

@ 24:50 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un8V-BmKOM8

I've caught him occasionally. Don't know if it's a bit or not but he did inspire this loving hilarious song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_47HMYOBRs&t=92s (@ 1:31)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."

AndrewP posted:

I've caught him occasionally. Don't know if it's a bit or not but he did inspire this loving hilarious song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_47HMYOBRs&t=92s (@ 1:31)

Haha, he almost sounds like nervous Oscar in that song.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

AndrewP posted:

Highly recommend the Jason Nash interview. He's a huge fan of the show and wanted to dive way into Ron and Fez' relationship, which Fez did not take well.
That was so fantastic. He literally said everything to Fez that I've always fantasized about saying to Fez if I had the chance. Like, to a T. It was uncanny. I think he was probably speaking with the full voice of the listeners today. And of course Fez, being a narcissist and a coward, lashed out in irrational rage and clung to Ron for dear life even though Ron was trying to shake him off. I mean, hell, Nash even said to Fez's face that Fez refuses to ever confront Ron because he knows Ron is his meal ticket. What an amazing hour.

mousetrench posted:

Any Stern listeners know what the deal with this Hanzi guy is who called up O&A about 9/11? Is he doing a bit or is he legit crazy?

I was listening to part of Stern this afternoon and heard him ranting at Stern and accusing him of having been forced by the Illuminati to dress in drag on network TV. Stern eventually hung up on him as he was yelling, "Wait, you loving rear end in a top hat--" or something. I'd never heard him before. I'm assuming he's just some nut with too much time on his hands.

UncleMonkey fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 5, 2014

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

therealjon_ posted:

My kids were watching that Chipmunk movie this morning and I remembered another odd guest was David Cross. I remember even way back on Howard Stern he's very odd in studio, but the littlest thing he'll go off on and get very defensive. I recall he got very standoffish with Ron because Ron suggested he was complaining about the cold air in the studio. I always enjoy seeing David Cross on TV/movies etc but always end up dissapointed when I hear him on the radio ... must not translate, or he's just a fiesty guy.

I've disliked David Cross ever since he wrote that open letter to Larry the Cable Guy.

I mean, gently caress Larry the Cable Guy too and all, but it takes some balls to call someone out for dumb-stereotype-based comedy and fart jokes when you were in loving Scary Movie 2.

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I've disliked David Cross ever since he wrote that open letter to Larry the Cable Guy.

I mean, gently caress Larry the Cable Guy too and all, but it takes some balls to call someone out for dumb-stereotype-based comedy and fart jokes when you were in loving Scary Movie 2.

I would hate to be Larry the Cable Guy. He is massively successful, but it's like he's afraid to ever break character. It's not like Bob Zmuda or Dice or Colbert who maintain character in interviews to be funny. Larry seems to actually pretend that he is really a redneck who only wears sleeveless shirts because they're comfortable, and not for the sake of a laugh. It just seems awkward. David Cross' letter was teal deer for me, but I'm guessing anything that long must be at least somewhat douchey.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Highly recommend the Jason Nash interview. He's a huge fan of the show and wanted to dive way into Ron and Fez' relationship, which Fez did not take well.

You mean this?

http://youtu.be/oTDPEzD4Xjc

This is epic. Fez turns on a guest and tries to get Nash off the air. Wow.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

mousetrench posted:

I would hate to be Larry the Cable Guy. He is massively successful, but it's like he's afraid to ever break character. It's not like Bob Zmuda or Dice or Colbert who maintain character in interviews to be funny. Larry seems to actually pretend that he is really a redneck who only wears sleeveless shirts because they're comfortable, and not for the sake of a laugh. It just seems awkward. David Cross' letter was teal deer for me, but I'm guessing anything that long must be at least somewhat douchey.

David Cross used to be one of my favorite comedians, I still think Shut Up You loving Baby is a fantastic stand up album. What soured me on him was when he wrote this big long and pompous open letter to Patton Oswalt because he dare make a joke at David Cross' expense. Patton said a joke along the lines of "Oh yeah, I got the script for (insert kid's movie)... immediately tossed it... guess David Cross must have caught it" (I think it was about the Chipmunks movie). So David Cross writes this long rambling douchey response, and Patton responds with: "Hmm. I was quoting exactly what you said to me when I did a lovely kids movie. Sorry you can't take your own joke." Then he had to do a long douchey retraction letter in embarrassment.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

mousetrench posted:

He's crazy but the stuff on Stern is mainly a bit. He used to call into Artie's show and sounds nothing like he did on Howard.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

mousetrench posted:

I've always seen Dice cited by people as a weird and strange example of a guy who became his character. Like it went from a bit he did to something he was 24/7. Whatever Larry the Cable Guy's doing, I don't know if it's as extreme as whatever went on in Dice's head.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Larry used to irritate me but I've talked to him a few times and he's a decent person and isn't really afraid of breaking character.
Why I'm compelled in this world to defend him, I don't know.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

How Much Art posted:

David Cross used to be one of my favorite comedians, I still think Shut Up You loving Baby is a fantastic stand up album. What soured me on him was when he wrote this big long and pompous open letter to Patton Oswalt because he dare make a joke at David Cross' expense. Patton said a joke along the lines of "Oh yeah, I got the script for (insert kid's movie)... immediately tossed it... guess David Cross must have caught it" (I think it was about the Chipmunks movie). So David Cross writes this long rambling douchey response, and Patton responds with: "Hmm. I was quoting exactly what you said to me when I did a lovely kids movie. Sorry you can't take your own joke." Then he had to do a long douchey retraction letter in embarrassment.

I totally forgot about his string of open letters. So it looks like David Cross is just completely super-sensitive and will take almost anything as an insult to him instead of brushing it off.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

So Opie ended the show by saying, "Oh by the way we no longer work Fridays." Being Opie though he could well be full of poo poo.

Also Sam has a new show on Fridays 3-6.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

UncleMonkey posted:

So Opie ended the show by saying, "Oh by the way we no longer work Fridays." Being Opie though he could well be full of poo poo.

Also Sam has a new show on Fridays 3-6.

Another jab at Stern and his cushy situation I assume.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

You mean this?

http://youtu.be/oTDPEzD4Xjc

This is epic. Fez turns on a guest and tries to get Nash off the air. Wow.

Jesus, that was a truthbomb.

Ron: Here's what I'm saying Fez, as pissed as you just got at him [Jason Nash], right, you can get pissed at me like that.
Fez: I understand that. But I don't get pissed at you-
Ron: How could that be? That's what I'm saying. He-
Jason Nash: Cause he's your meal ticket. He's battling for you so you can't get pissed at him. Me? I'm not going to give you anything.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

He was such an awesome guest, I want Jason Nash week.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
866 RON-0-NASH

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Jesus, that was a truthbomb.

Ron: Here's what I'm saying Fez, as pissed as you just got at him [Jason Nash], right, you can get pissed at me like that.
Fez: I understand that. But I don't get pissed at you-
Ron: How could that be? That's what I'm saying. He-
Jason Nash: Cause he's your meal ticket. He's battling for you so you can't get pissed at him. Me? I'm not going to give you anything.

I can't help but think every single person on the crew just smiled at that one. And why is Fez spending so much time at work when it's to do nothing on the air? Why not cut out early and call it a day? He's phoning it in, might as well stop pretending he's some bastion of creativity.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Isn't Fez pretty much just running the board and producing the show at this stage?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

Isn't Fez pretty much just running the board and producing the show at this stage?

Yeah, but during the Jason Nash interview, Fez stated that he likes entertaining people and Ron noted that everything he brings to the table is an off-shoot of something about a decade ago. So if Fez is telling the truth about researching stuff on the computer after work, he's pretty much lying. That's what I meant.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

therealjon_ posted:

I totally forgot about his string of open letters. So it looks like David Cross is just completely super-sensitive and will take almost anything as an insult to him instead of brushing it off.

I think you'll find most good comics are weird sensitive little babies and that weird neurosis is usually what makes em good comics.

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.
So it's just for the summer that there won't be a Friday show? I guess 4 shows a week is better than the usual 2 week break. Doubt it's permanent, that seems like a change that could only be made with a new contract.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

I've never heard somebody do an impression of Ron right in front of him. Jason Nash ruled.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Paul Kersey posted:

I've never heard somebody do an impression of Ron right in front of him. Jason Nash ruled.

Remember the Z-Man? Though his impression was so awful it doesn't count.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Paul Kersey posted:

his fez was spot on. Nash was awesome

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm totally fine with O&A being 4 days a week for the summer because frankly they've been more awful than usual lately.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Are you trying to imply that rehashing the apology issue every episode now isn't a brilliant bit?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

The Dave posted:

Are you trying to imply that rehashing the apology issue every episode now isn't a brilliant bit?

to be honest when they opened it with a piece of production this morning I laughed and was up for it. I don't have an issue when it's the big apologies, like they're going to talk about Donald Sterling or Jonah Hill scandals anyway so they might as well tie it to an on-going bit. If they did that they would only do 1 apology every few weeks since that's how often the big ones break. However, Opie is having Sam grab any apology from anybody in the world every single day and that's making it dumb and tiring.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Tracy Morgan was in a bad car accident on the Jersey Turnpike this morning and is in intensive care right now. Hope he's okay, he's batshit crazy and one of my favorite guests O&A have had.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
That's too bad. Also too bad that O&A (well, Opie) are still doing the "Well he USED to do our show...now we say no" with him. Yeah, gently caress that guy for not wanting to be in a studio with dozens of bees stinging naked ballsacks. Nice powerplay, Opster.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
This is probably going to put a lot more impact behind the recent unmasked. Ie: We'll be hearing more about it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Apparently Ardie Fuqua was one of the passengers. This really sucks.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Cromulent posted:

That's too bad. Also too bad that O&A (well, Opie) are still doing the "Well he USED to do our show...now we say no" with him. Yeah, gently caress that guy for not wanting to be in a studio with dozens of bees stinging naked ballsacks. Nice powerplay, Opster.

Wait what

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Superball challenge!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GifYVg2aMPo

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

TL posted:

Yeah, especially since his kid died in a car accident almost exactly two years ago.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

TL posted:

drat man, this is really sad news. Hopefully they all pull out.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Tracy doesn't pull out!

:(

Sorry ...

covener
Jan 10, 2004

You know, for kids!

mousetrench posted:

Not a Stern listener, but FWLIW he did a similar call on the "all out show" on Shade 45 a few months ago. I'd guess half crazy, half bit.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Really terrible news about Tracey. I really hope he fully recovers.

1st1sHere
Nov 4, 2011
Too bad about Tracy. Loved the intro to yesterday's show. One of my favorite bits on R&F is the "ok, callers we're not doing "x." Every caller does "x." Yesterday was Shade45 jokes. Anyone else have links to similar ones on youtube?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

1st1sHere posted:

Too bad about Tracy. Loved the intro to yesterday's show. One of my favorite bits on R&F is the "ok, callers we're not doing "x." Every caller does "x." Yesterday was Shade45 jokes. Anyone else have links to similar ones on youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffGk6IFAhlM

• Locked thread