Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

BadLlama posted:

If you have an ability that is "targeted" where as you can pick the area anywhere you want do you have the ability to just tab target a person and hit the ability and it puts it smack dab on them?

So far "ground-target" abilities that don't auto-cast are my least favorite abilities in the game. A lot of times I activate them and ground target it 4 or 5 times clicking it furiously and nothing happens and then I've just wasted a ton of use time trying to get the loving thing to go down on the floor where I want it to. I've just dropped all those abilities off my bar for the time being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tokaii posted:

Is there an addon to make quest tracker list by distance without dividing into categories first?

I have the one that does this for the quest log but would really like the onscreen tracker to display that way.
Yes! http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220542-simplequesttracker

I've noticed even with this the quests in the tracker still get out of distance order sometimes though. And then sometimes randomly go back into order. :iiam:

poptart_fairy posted:

I assume there's no way to get an item from your crate back into your inventory, is there? I'm room mates with a friend and we only just realised the items will need to be in her crate if I want to put them on her plot.
Nope, it's stuck forever. You can delete it if you want! Also, those FABkits you've used are also gone forever. Wonderful! :negative:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Libertine posted:

So far "ground-target" abilities that don't auto-cast are my least favorite abilities in the game. A lot of times I activate them and ground target it 4 or 5 times clicking it furiously and nothing happens and then I've just wasted a ton of use time trying to get the loving thing to go down on the floor where I want it to. I've just dropped all those abilities off my bar for the time being.

Yeah I have no idea what is going on with them but they seem buggy as hell. If you like the default place they go when you hit the ability key you can just bash that key again.

But reading you post again you already know that as I missed the whole auto cast part apparently.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Please tell me these swords come in different flavors

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Doublestep posted:

You can definitely find a red version of that model at a pretty low level. So there's at least a handful of variations on it.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
I am so, so sorry. :ohdear:

Doublehex
Jan 29, 2009

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
What's the issue?

Crux
Apr 9, 2007

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry...

Sorry.
Dear god, that blood elf.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Nakar posted:

You can definitely find a red version of that model at a pretty low level. So there's at least a handful of variations on it.

I assume weapons aren't dye-able?

Also, that looks like a sword skeleton king would use.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Crux posted:

Dear god, that blood elf.

I know, and I'm sorry. :ohdear:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Doublestep posted:

Thing looks like a giant stick of gum

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

IchGestalt posted:

I can't decide which path is more interesting, save for Solider which seems a bit silly. Scientist seems pretty fun to explore the lore, Explorer seems similarly interesting but so does Settler. What are people finding to be the most.. useful and interesting?

Explorer can actually be really fun beyond just having a useful ability (which it does), especially if you were the sort of person that liked jumping puzzles/vistas/finding weird hidden poo poo in GW2. Explorers get entire little mini-zones scattered around the main zones that only they can enter, like a network of subterranean tunnels with explorer only quests and exits that give shortcuts all over the zone, or a secret gauntlet you have to race through or a little eldan laboratory with a couple of datacubes and an amusing bit of story, as well as dozens of jumping puzzles scattered throughout each zone, with most of them so far all pretty reasonable compared to some of the GW2 jumping puzzles (which got ridiculously insane fast) but who knows how they might get as I Haven't gotten very far.

The ability they get (that matters, anyway) is to be able to place a teleport beacon somewhere, and be able to teleport back to that beacon at will on a ten minute cooldown, as well as move the beacon wherever they want, which is pretty drat great.

A Tartan Tory posted:

I am so, so sorry. :ohdear:

I think I'm in love :swoon:. That is so amazingly dead on.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Wolpertinger posted:

The ability they get (that matters, anyway) is to be able to place a teleport beacon somewhere, and be able to teleport back to that beacon at will on a ten minute cooldown, as well as move the beacon wherever they want, which is pretty drat great.

So what's stopping a bunch of creative explorers from dumping their beacons in, say, an enemy city and then all warping in suddenly to cause havoc and mayhem every couple of days?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

The Shortest Path posted:

So what's stopping a bunch of creative explorers from dumping their beacons in, say, an enemy city and then all warping in suddenly to cause havoc and mayhem every couple of days?

It's very short range, like 50m. If you played wow it works similar to the lock's demonic circle.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I want to be able to put a bank box in my house and an auctioneer bot so I never have to leave my dingy little chua shack except to kill things.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I'm level 14 now, and I want to armor smith, but I only have 3 gold and want to buy a mount next level. What am I missing?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Gerdalti posted:

I'm level 14 now, and I want to armor smith, but I only have 3 gold and want to buy a mount next level. What am I missing?

I had 2g at level 14 and then around level 16 I had 12g just from questing. Quest rewards should pick up soon. I also vendored all the gear I got but wasn't going to use, so that helped.

Fat Aggression
Aug 18, 2006

Sade posted:

It's very short range, like 50m. If you played wow it works similar to the lock's demonic circle.

It should work as long as you stay in the same zone. The cooldown changes depending how far from it you are, but unless they changed it that's how it works. Any sort of teleporting does seem to erase it though (if you transmat to somewhere else in the zone for example).

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Quick lunchtime sketch of Chuassey - an injoke from a really bizarre incident last night involving a goon mumble session, and myself caterwauling smiths songs on a voice modulator mic that made me sound like a vegan chipmunk.

Bigmouth strikes again and I’ve got no right to take my place in the Chua race…

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 5, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
So with the costume system I can put "heavy armor" on a light armor class?

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Okay. Okay. I think I've finally found the class I'm going to play. I think I'm going to play an Esper. I was undecided about their mobility-issues, but I just watched a video of a mobile Esper in PvP, and they did surprisingly well, so I think the class can be however mobile you want to make them(?).

Now I just have to decide what I want him to look like. He's definitely going to be a pink Chua, but do I want a skinny pink Chua or a tubby pink Chua? Oh god, I'm never going to actually play the game. drat OCDishness.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

If you were having problems with the codes from GMG they are in fact working now :toot:.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Woo! :getin:

Jfizzoid
Feb 8, 2005
sproing

Spacedad posted:

Quick lunchtime sketch of Chuassey - an injoke from a really bizarre incident last night involving a goon mumble session, and myself caterwauling smiths songs on a voice modulator mic that made me sound like a vegan chipmunk.

That's pretty cool :allears:

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I like a good challenge but holy gently caress these dungeons. I know, harden the gently caress up and all that but I worry that they are tuned a little too rough for your average player. They are so much fun tho.

egoslicer
Jun 13, 2007
Found this via reddit, an addon that puts the class icon on the AMPS.

http://wildstar.curseforge.com/ws-addons/220726-amp-class-icons

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Givin posted:

I like a good challenge but holy gently caress these dungeons. I know, harden the gently caress up and all that but I worry that they are tuned a little too rough for your average player. They are so much fun tho.

Having played WoW, I have to say that they're a lot easier than they seem on the surface. People are still getting used to the mechanics of the game and often don't yet know what the optimal build is, especially while leveling.

I'm starting to see that there is a certain virtue in things you wouldn't normally do in WoW though - such as for example, one or two of the DPS guys being able to act as a backup healer or off-tank if the tank or healer falls, sacrificing only a slight DPS for doing so.

Also, as DPS you stand a reasonable chance against virtually anything in this game if you have a couple decent self-heals and avoid all telegraphs.

Edit: TAKE MY WORDS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT - I've only played ONE dungeon and my first was last night. I'm basing my play experience off that with my experience in the WoW endgame.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 5, 2014

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005
It's already been mentioned, but I will repeat it in case the effected missed the short line of text in this heap of a thread.

:siren: Green Man Gaming codes should work now. Try again.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

How does EXP gains work when you down-level to do an instance, or something?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sab669 posted:

How does EXP gains work when you down-level to do an instance, or something?

It seems awful. I downleveled from 31 to 25 for Stormtalon last night and only got like three bars-ish.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

fadam posted:

It seems awful. I downleveled from 31 to 25 for Stormtalon last night and only got like three bars-ish.

Oh, gross. They could learn a thing or two from FFXIV there.

starfish
Dec 21, 2004

If any kind souls have a spare EU guest pass or two it'd be much appreciated. I'm not sure if I overlooked that the site I bought the game from didn't include them or what, but in any case, I am guest pass-less. I have PMs and stuff.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Hobo Siege posted:

Oh, gross. They could learn a thing or two from FFXIV there.

Or Guild Wars 2. One of the things I loved about leveling in that game was that you could really go anywhere you wanted and as long as you didn't care about quest/vendor rewards or farming trees/ore of a certain caliber, then you could still quest with friends or do anything and still get your (real) level drops with experience almost equivalent to doing stuff of your own content level. It didn't create this "efficiency anxiety" (for lack of a better word) I get from games like this one where I want to really explore and do stuff everywhere but I'm basically hurting myself if I'm not exactly on equal level content.

starfish posted:

If any kind souls have a spare EU guest pass or two it'd be much appreciated. I'm not sure if I overlooked that the site I bought the game from didn't include them or what, but in any case, I am guest pass-less. I have PMs and stuff.

check the key thread in PGS

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

Or Guild Wars 2. One of the things I loved about leveling in that game was that you could really go anywhere you wanted and as long as you didn't care about quest/vendor rewards or farming trees/ore of a certain caliber, then you could still quest with friends or do anything and still get your (real) level drops with experience almost equivalent to doing stuff of your own content level. It didn't create this "efficiency anxiety" (for lack of a better word) I get from games like this one where I want to really explore and do stuff everywhere but I'm basically hurting myself if I'm not exactly on equal level content.

It was really weird getting zero xp from a mob just because I was 3+ levels above it coming from GW2. Could hit 80 in that game and only do up to the level 40 zones.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Darkmoon2k posted:

It's already been mentioned, but I will repeat it in case the effected missed the short line of text in this heap of a thread.

:siren: Green Man Gaming codes should work now. Try again.

Thank goodness. Much earlier than I was expecting.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Wildstar just posted this handy-dandy stat chart on their Twitter:

In other news, I still look amaaaaaazinnnng

starfish
Dec 21, 2004

Libertine posted:

check the key thread in PGS

Woops, thanks for the heads up!

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Wildstar just posted this handy-dandy stat chart on their Twitter:

This is infinitely better than that other god awful chart they made.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

You look like literally every roleplayer. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The base game doesn't offer switchable gearsets anywhere that I can't see, does it? If not is there an addon out there already?

If I can't switch my Medic's role at the drop of a hat I will be sad :(

• Locked thread