Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

He's not going to go on disability. he already said "gently caress that :)" and when his mom dies he'll go live with an uncle, and then his brother. Let's all hope his brother makes something of his life. If not, hello streets/shelters.

And benny said he had a job for over 2 years when he was younger. So all of this "learning phase" poo poo is BS. he shouldn't need any basic trainings or need to keep a job for 3 weeks to learn routines and schedules. He has a BA*. He's BROKEN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Jeffrey posted:

Well there is the third option of taking ownership of the problem of determining his family's health insurance status. It seems more sensible to me since his mom will pay for it, but I guess it does require communicating with people in some way and so just might be insurmountable.

Basically, this is what I was getting at, with all my insane words. Just do something in regards to attempting to get coverage. Anything but sitting there arms folded all "not in my hands at this point. nothing to do."

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

cname posted:

Basically, this is what I was getting at, with all my insane words. Just do something in regards to attempting to get coverage. Anything but sitting there arms folded all "not in my hands at this point. nothing to do."

Yeah, this is really frustrating but it has dulled over the, *checks OP*, year and a half this thread has been running. If there's any possibility that a situation will resolve itself with no input from Benny, he just waits and lets it take its course. I can't imagine living life like that but there you have it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Hey Benny, they'll still let you read comics in a mental institution. Just to sweeten the whole "jerking off at the public library" deal.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 5, 2014

Starter Wiggin
Feb 1, 2009

Screw the enemy's gate man, I've got a fucking TAIL!
Do you know how crazy the ladies go for those?

Starter Wiggin posted:

HEY BENNY, HOW ABOUT AMERICORPS/JOBCORPS?
Or is it still not time for your "nuclear options"?

I have to try. I just want a reply.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
I'm really afraid of the dentist, but I just got back from it and they caught a small cavity that took like five minutes to fill. This thread made me realize I was pulling a Benny so I went and took care of it :D

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012

systran posted:

I'm really afraid of the dentist, but I just got back from it and they caught a small cavity that took like five minutes to fill. This thread made me realize I was pulling a Benny so I went and took care of it :D

This makes me feel a little bit better about my situation. :unsmith: I can't see them for a little over a week as of yet, but I guess cavities aren't as big of a deal as I thought they could be.

Incidentally, do we know exactly how old Benny is? I'm assuming mid-twenties, but I can't recall exactly.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

systran posted:

Had you pulled a Benny, that cavity would have grown over time and taken a hell of a lot more than 5 minutes to fill! + Pain.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Starter Wiggin posted:

I have to try. I just want a reply.

He will only respond to questions regarding the sale of cheap used library books

Starter Wiggin
Feb 1, 2009

Screw the enemy's gate man, I've got a fucking TAIL!
Do you know how crazy the ladies go for those?

JakeP posted:

He will only respond to questions regarding the sale of cheap used library books

There are AmeriCorps members affiliated with libraries and/or working with literacy programs.
Now do I warrant a reply?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Starter Wiggin posted:

There are AmeriCorps members affiliated with libraries and/or working with literacy programs.
Now do I warrant a reply?

Benny you are running a shopping cart over shooting yourself in the foot if you don't at least Google this.

Everyone just quote this

THERAPY!!
INSURANCE!!
FIX YO TEEF!!

Seriously, a therapist can help you stop lying. And help you slowly correct some of the self-sabotaging thought patterns you have.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

oval office raja posted:

THERAPY!!
INSURANCE!!
FIX YO TEEF!!

Seriously, a therapist can help you stop lying. And help you slowly correct some of the self-sabotaging thought patterns you have.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
As someone who work for the federal government, we have shitheads much worse than Benny. We have people who are functionally illiterate and/or can't speak English fixing jets. There's this half-retarded guy who is technically a mechanic but just wipes down tables and dumps trash all day. There's a place for Benny, his life just has to get demonstrably worse to light a fire under his rear end. As long as the safe refuge of comics, the internet and spanking it exists at mom's house there's no impetus to do anything.

new phone who dis fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 6, 2014

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

oval office raja posted:

Everyone just quote this

THERAPY!!
INSURANCE!!
FIX YO TEEF!!

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008

JakeP posted:

I imagine cheap, used library books are something these people chat about over the airwaves.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

Hyzenth1ay posted:

I imagine cheap, used library books are something these people chat about over the airwaves.

Hot. Cheap. Books.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Hey Benny, I'm interested in buying some books. Any good ones in your selection?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

oval office raja posted:

Everyone just quote this

THERAPY!!
INSURANCE!!
FIX YO TEEF!!
LAW SCHOOL APPLICATIONS!!

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

leave a sign ... something witchy

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

imminent beating to a pulp

oval office raja posted:

POST YOUR DIPLOMA
THERAPY!!
INSURANCE!!
FIX YO TEEF, FIX YO TEEF, FIX YO GODDAMN TEEF!!

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I'm not posting my diploma. I just submitted my application to Medi-Cal but I won't hear from them for 30 days.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm not posting my diploma. I just submitted my application to Medi-Cal but I won't hear from them for 30 days.

So were you lying to us about you not being able to do it because your mum had done it, or was she lying to you?

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

AlbieQuirky posted:

So were you lying to us about you not being able to do it because your mum had done it, or was she lying to you?

Or all of the other people in this thread saying Medi-Cal has a 10 day turn around lying?

:iiam:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm not posting my diploma.

What diploma :smuggo:

Anomalies
Mar 1, 2010

crabrock posted:

And benny said he had a job for over 2 years when he was younger. So all of this "learning phase" poo poo is BS. he shouldn't need any basic trainings or need to keep a job for 3 weeks to learn routines and schedules. He has a BA*. He's BROKEN.

But what if he's lying about that job too :tinfoil:

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Benny the Snake posted:

what are you gonna do if your mom stops taking care of you?

good job submitting the application, Benny.

e: nevermind, i know the answer. Sorry for being repetitive everyone.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm not posting my diploma.

Too lazy?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Hey y'all, haven't checked in here since before Memorial Day, what's going on in this...

:stare:

So here's what I've done since my graduation (AS in Health Information Management) in early May.

Networked with my internship mentor and got a lead on an internal job fair with less than 24 hours notice. Shined up my lovely resume as best I could and took it to a print shop where I could get copies on something other than lovely office paper (10 copies, $2.00). Gave my elevator pitch about ten times over half an hour, listened to the jobs offered and asked questions about them. I was constantly told that I was an ideal fit for a management trainee position, but there wasn't one available. I kept asking about that program to everyone I saw until I was eventually flagged down by three people in suits I hadn't seen before begging me to apply for the management trainee program.

I didn't get accepted, but they know my name and my qualifications.

I strongly suspect that the two hours I spent printing a resume on "good paper" and attending this job fair constituted more effort than Benny expended when he actually had a job.

All of this is literally the bare minimum that could have been expected of me with a fresh AS degree and professional certification. I know that. I spent a lot of time as a total alcoholic.

gently caress you, Benny.

Seriously, gently caress you.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Benny the Snake posted:

Okay good! Did you get any positive feeling from completing that task? Satisfaction, or at least relief?

If not, you should have. Not enough for you to coast on for six months (or even six days) but a small positive feeling

If not, remember that for therapy.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
How did you go about applying for healthcare? What was the process like? What happens in 30 days? Honestly curious.

cname fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 6, 2014

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
This thread is pointless as a tool to help Benny because he just lies about everything anyway.

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

Benny the Snake posted:

It's pretty obvious you don't have one, Benny. You can come clean about it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I wouldn't post my diploma to appease an internet mob either.

Benny, did they give you that 30 day timeline when you applied, or is it something you saw somewhere, or what? Do you have someone you can contact about the status of your application? Is your family's application still pending, or did something go wrong?

Let's be clear. I don't really give a poo poo if you answer me, I don't really give a poo poo if you're lying about this either. Not that I'm not curious, but this is about taking care of yourself to the best of your ability, not about making Random Internet Stranger #347 happy.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

docbeard posted:

Benny, did they give you that 30 day timeline when you applied, or is it something you saw somewhere, or what? Do you have someone you can contact about the status of your application? Is your family's application still pending, or did something go wrong?

Let's be clear. I don't really give a poo poo if you answer me, I don't really give a poo poo if you're lying about this either. Not that I'm not curious, but this is about taking care of yourself to the best of your ability, not about making Random Internet Stranger #347 happy.

Just quoting this, because internet stranger #348 would be happy if Benny replied to all this stuff.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

this took me 2 minutes

edit: try not to be too jealous of my dollar store frames :cool:

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Geoj posted:

This is more like "how to get committed." But at this point I don't think he'd be any worse off in a mental institution...

Maybe Benny could go to prison! That seems like a viable life goal. It'd get him fed and housed, away from his parents, and - correct me if I'm wrong - some degree of medical care!

Benny, it's time. You have to break the law and go to jail.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

crabrock posted:

this took me 2 minutes

I just sold you into slavery bitch HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Maybe Benny could go to prison! That seems like a viable life goal. It'd get him fed and housed, away from his parents, and - correct me if I'm wrong - some degree of medical care!

Benny, it's time. You have to break the law and go to jail.

If he kills his brother and gets sent to prison, he'd be doing his parents a whole bunch of favors.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

crabrock posted:

this took me 2 minutes

Like, for real, it would take Benny more effort to actually find SOMEONE ELSE'S diploma and pretend it's his own than to actually post the one that he himself supposedly has.

Benny, please understand this: Lying takes far more effort to do than telling the truth. Every single instance of you being dishonest with us has taken extra time and effort. You could have used that time and effort to have done any of the things that people have told you to do that will improve your life in ways you have asking your life to be improved by. YOU ARE WASTING YOUR OWN TIME BY NOT DOING THESE THINGS.

I feel like you continue to be an absolute failure because you think entertaining us makes you feel like you're worth something, as if your worthlessness is what makes you worthwhile. You are the lead-up and the punchline of one of E/N's greatest jokes, and to fix that, all you need to do is care, which is really really really easy, because you won't even have to spell check it.

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

docbeard posted:

In this case, why not? Cover up the name with a piece of paper.

What gets me is that he's so stupid he doesn't understand that everyone already knows everything about him, including his weird sexual fetishes. They know all this and no one really cares.

I think it's incredibly likely he doesn't have one. People are basing their advice (or at least they were until he has shown he is most likely lying about everything) on the assumption he was telling the truth about having a degree.

Why would he NOT just post a picture in this case?

Robot_Rumpus fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Robot_Rumpus posted:

Why would he NOT just post a picture in this case?

Because this thread is the only thing Benny has semi-control over in his life, and damned if he's going to let us push him around and make him post his diploma and get a job and throw away his comic books.

• Locked thread