Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

From the Conspiracy Release notes:

If you use Agent of Acquisitions to draft a booster pack containing Lore Seeker, and you wish to add a booster pack to the draft, first draft each remaining card from the Lore Seeker booster pack. Then open the new booster pack. You may look at the cards in that pack, but you can't draft any cards from it. You'll pass the new booster pack as normal. That was very generous of you.

If you have Power Play but aren't the starting player (because another player also had Power Play), your place in the turn order is unaffected. If you're sitting to the right of the starting player, you're going last. Not all power plays bear fruit.

I guess at some point the rules guy just said gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

None of you considered the percent chance his opponent cast Eureka or Show and Tell, so that Jace was actually way more playable than simple math illustrates.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

None of you considered the percent chance his opponent cast Eureka or Show and Tell, so that Jace was actually way more playable than simple math illustrates.

Enter a page of posts saying show and tell doesn't work.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Snacksmaniac posted:

Enter a page of posts saying show and tell doesn't work.

The real curse of Making a Joke is the inevitable pedantic replies, its true.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

rabidsquid posted:

The real curse of Making a Joke is the inevitable pedantic replies, its true.

Actually, I think you'll find that the real curse is-

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know, in the Pro tour segment leading up to the conspiracy video, Rich Hagon had said they were going to do 'The top 100 magic puns'.
Then he was 'told' they were doing the video instead.
I wonder what the contents of such a list would be.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Pharohman777 posted:

You know, in the Pro tour segment leading up to the conspiracy video, Rich Hagon had said they were going to do 'The top 100 magic puns'.
Then he was 'told' they were doing the video instead.
I wonder what the contents of such a list would be.

100 Werebears.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Apes of Rath

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Was it this? Seems like 100 here: http://lrcast.com/rich-hagons-signoff-in-written-form/

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jesus loving christ

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Why did I read that entire loving thing what is wrong with me

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
gently caress, those are terrible.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I read every word and don't regret it a bit.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Attorney at Funk posted:

I read every word and don't regret it a bit.

And you don't Sulfur Falls gladly.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

And you don't Sulfur Falls gladly.

That was Far and Away the worst pun anyone could have come up with.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

The March Hare posted:

Scrubbed in round 2 but it wasn't Jace's fault :( Still felt so good.

Anyone who says you were wrong for splashing Jace off Cascade Bluffs in mono red doesn't understand cube

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Lord Of Texas posted:

Anyone who says you were wrong for splashing Jace off Cascade Bluffs in mono red doesn't understand cube

I agree 100%. Monored splash Jace TMS is my new favorite cube archetype.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Someone should tweet that deck to LSV or something, I'll bet he'd love it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

ShadeofBlue posted:

And he'd get it every game

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

ShadeofBlue posted:

I already did this :)

leebenningfield
Dec 11, 2004

This is Leviathan? This is your fucking guy?
Splashing Jace is always the correct move. I've seen it before on a livestream, and the only mistake they made was not running him in game 1.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

The March Hare posted:

Round 1 down, game is easy.

If you don't draw the blue land at least you can use cursed scroll to keep taunting your foe with the jace in your monored deck.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Talibananas posted:

If you don't draw the blue land at least you can use cursed scroll to keep taunting your foe with the jace in your monored deck.

This can't really be underestimated. "Hey, that's a really nice blue control deck you've got going – oh, end step? OK, I activate Cursed Scroll naming Jace, the Mind Sculptor. Oh, look at that!"

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It would be a fantastic way to put someone on tilt. That said, tilt time? Tilt time. My favorite way of getting someone to freak out was passing a turn while having Venser the creature out on the field with an untapped Karakas while playing power cube.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Has anyone messed about with Vintage Masters on any of the draft sim sites? How accurate is their card rarity etc?

I've been messing about with draft and sealed pack generation on drafts.in and honestly it looks kind of miserable to play. You end up with like half of the cards you actually need for a UG madness deck, or a really bad goblins deck, or a bunch of reanimator cards and no good targets, or you'll pick astral slide and get nothing with any noteworthy ETB effects. The power level actually feels really low, relatively speaking. Is their pack generation just crap? Am I missing some sort of killer archetypes because I've never played with most of these old cards before?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Ramos posted:

It would be a fantastic way to put someone on tilt. That said, tilt time? Tilt time. My favorite way of getting someone to freak out was passing a turn while having Venser the creature out on the field with an untapped Karakas while playing power cube.
Modern vs. Scapeshift.

Turn 1: Plains, Weathered Wayfarer, go.
Turn 2: Ghost Quarter, go.
Turn 3: Ghost Quarter, go.
Turn 4: Ghost Quarter, go.
Turn 5: Ghost Quarter, go.
Turn 6: Forest, Life from the Loam targeting Ghost Quarter, Ghost Quarter and Ghost Quarter. Go.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Everblight posted:

Modern vs. Scapeshift.

Turn 6: Forest, Life from the Loam targeting Ghost Quarter, Ghost Quarter and Ghost Quarter. Go.

I don't get it. Wouldn't you be at one land on T6 when your opponent has, at the worst, 6 basics?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

vOv posted:

I don't get it. Wouldn't you be at one land on T6 when your opponent has, at the worst, 6 basics?

Scapeshift doesn't like being kept off of colored mana, and they quickly ran out of basics. Sure, they were ahead on lands, but hey no longer had the ability to combo out (no longer 7 mountains in deck)

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

neetengie posted:

I haven't used the Beta in a long time, and wanted to see what they changed. When I logged in, my computer Blue Screened! Thanks WOTC! :downs:

The MTGO Wide Beta cannot be broken in a way that results in a blue screen. :science:

But no, find whatever else is failing, because the MTGO Wide Beta cannot do that alone, and it's usually a signal that a cascading failure is about to happen. That, or you just haven't updated whatever it requires in a while.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Ramos posted:

That said, tilt time? Tilt time.

I have never gotten such gorgeous tilt action as I have with running Dawn Charm in Pauper.

The first was against a Post/Tron (don't remember) player who just launched Rolling Thunder as a three-for-one plus seven to the dome. When I blew it off with Dawn Charm, he snap-disconnected.

The second was against an Affinity player who poured everything into an Atog-Fling, and literally let the game run to time rather than let his Fling get countered.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Dawn Charm is a beautiful card and I'm glad it's getting good use somewhere.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Everblight posted:

Modern vs. Scapeshift.

Legacy Jund vs. Dredge
Lose game 1 to typical boring Dredge.

Game 2, get Cabal Therapied on his turn 1, naming something I don't have. Reveal TWO Surgical Extraction, one of which takes his Cabal Therapies. Follow that up with a Deathrite on my turn 2.

Game 3, turn 1 Deathrite. Turn 2 Deathrite. Turn 3 draw and cast Deathrite. Turn 4 draw and cast Grafdigger's Cage. He scoops. Feels so good.

Seriously, screw Dredge right in its boring face.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I realize it's a matter of taste but from where I sit, Jund calling Dredge boring is the epitome of :ironicat:.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

JerryLee posted:

I realize it's a matter of taste but from where I sit, Jund calling Dredge boring is the epitome of :ironicat:.

Yeah, this.

gently caress Jund.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

JerryLee posted:

I play both decks and I kind of appreciate how one of them is mono-good cards and the other is mostly jank that only really works in its exact configuration.

Jund is exciting to me now but that's probably because I've been giving it a shot after months of jamming various Chalice Loam decks and I'm relearning how much fun it is to cast one-drops. The jury's still out on whether it's more fun than knowing your opponent is holding a bunch of one-drops she can't cast, though.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

endlessmonotony posted:

The MTGO Wide Beta cannot be broken in a way that results in a blue screen. :science:

But no, find whatever else is failing, because the MTGO Wide Beta cannot do that alone, and it's usually a signal that a cascading failure is about to happen. That, or you just haven't updated whatever it requires in a while.
Everything else is fine and up-to-date, I'll probably do a stress test with Prime95 though, since once I opened Mumble and got blue screened, but as far as I know Mumble wouldn't do that, it'd more than likely be a hardware problem. The BSOD happened when it was loading deck files by the way.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Chris Davis' mono-red heroic pauper deck looks super fun to play.

http://www.channelfireball.com/videos/channel-cdavis-pauper-heroic-red/

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The most I have ever seen an opponent tilt from one of my plays is when I made a dude discard his own Liliana of the Veil to itself the turn before it was going to ultimate and probably win him the game.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

rabidsquid posted:

The most I have ever seen an opponent tilt from one of my plays is when I made a dude discard his own Liliana of the Veil to itself the turn before it was going to ultimate and probably win him the game.

What, did you bounce it in response to the +1 when he had an empty hand? That's mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Entropic posted:

What, did you bounce it in response to the +1 when he had an empty hand? That's mean.

That guy is never going to +1 a Liliana with an empty hand against a dude with 1UUU untapped again.

• Locked thread