Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Say Nothing posted:

Dick isn't a good name for a character.

This is a photoshop too. Not sure of the source.

More Double Entendres!

New Teen Titans #3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'm sure this has been posted before, but with all the love for JL8:

Source: Supposedly included in Superman/Batman #75

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Presented without comment, Amazing X-Men #7

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider Man (jeez, what a long-winded title) #2

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider Man (jeez, what a long-winded title) #2

The Second Clone Saga: Now with less Peter

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Sometimes, when I'm at my local shop, I go through the 50 cent bin to see if anything strikes me. Today I found this...

It's a goddamn work of art.
Silver Age DC is the ONLY DC for me.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

enigmahfc posted:

Sometimes, when I'm at my local shop, I go through the 50 cent bin to see if anything strikes me. Today I found this...

No kidding. You found yourself you can proudly frame and hang on a wall, right there.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
It does raise a good point - does Superman get enough nourishment from the sun, and if not, what the hell does he have to eat to keep up with what one could only imagine would be an insatiable metabolism?

"I just burned about six quintillion calories, let's hit the drive-thru."

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It does raise a good point - does Superman get enough nourishment from the sun, and if not, what the hell does he have to eat to keep up with what one could only imagine would be an insatiable metabolism?

"I just burned about six quintillion calories, let's hit the drive-thru."

He has super-efficiency. He can live on a cracker for a couple of days if he doesn't use his powers extensively.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Pyroi posted:

He has super-efficiency. He can live on a cracker for a couple of days if he doesn't use his powers extensively.

Unfortunately, that involves extensive use of his Super Metabolic Efficiency power. :v:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
:flashfact: Kryptonians can convert solar energy to nourishment, and due to evolving under the light of a dying red star, require very small amounts to survive. In fact, all of Superman's powers come from excess energy he stores up from Earth's vibrant yellow sun! He would not get hungry until every last one of his super-powers had turned off. :flashfact:

...I know a lot about Superman okay

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

enigmahfc posted:

Well? Why does he need to eat so much? I've seen this cover all over the internet for years and always wondered why.

I am incredibly envious, by the way. You better keep that thing in pristine condition. That's a family heirloom now.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

A super-alloy forms in the core of the Earth and starts draining solar energy from everything because that's how metal works.

Superman defeats it by putting a towel around it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Reminds me of this parody (goon produced?), what if DC did Marvel comics?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Well? Why does he need to eat so much? I've seen this cover all over the internet for years and always wondered why.

I am incredibly envious, by the way. You better keep that thing in pristine condition. That's a family heirloom now.

Honestly, I haven't read it yet, and I may never read it. I feel like nothing that goes on inside the issue itself can compare to the cover. The bar has been set so high, I'm afraid of ruining it for myself.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Don't read ghostlight's post, then. I did, and I already regret it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My favourite Superdickery cover:

Neal Adams drew this cover; have you ever seen a more dickish smirk on a Superman?

I think what sells it is how Superman victimising Jimmy is kinda standard practice for these things, but here he's also tormenting Aquaman, and in a way that's hilariously specific to him.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

:flashfact: Kryptonians can convert solar energy to nourishment, and due to evolving under the light of a dying red star, require very small amounts to survive. In fact, all of Superman's powers come from excess energy he stores up from Earth's vibrant yellow sun! He would not get hungry until every last one of his super-powers had turned off. :flashfact:

How'd you get that avatar to be less than 25k !?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It isn't, by a long way. I assume it was mod-added.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Metal Loaf posted:

My favourite Superdickery cover:

Neal Adams drew this cover; have you ever seen a more dickish smirk on a Superman?

I think what sells it is how Superman victimising Jimmy is kinda standard practice for these things, but here he's also tormenting Aquaman, and in a way that's hilariously specific to him.

Is the context for this lost to the mists of time? I know they did loads like this but what happened in the actual comic?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

Is the context for this lost to the mists of time? I know they did loads like this but what happened in the actual comic?

It's not Superman. (link)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

CapnAndy posted:

Does Superman get the same benefit from artificial sunlight?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

CapnAndy posted:

:flashfact:I know that Flash needs to eat a ton.:flashfact:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

smashpro1 posted:

:flashfact: actually he draws his energy from the magical Speed Force :flashfact:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Red posted:

Does Superman get the same benefit from artificial sunlight?

Artificial Red sunlight certainly negates his powers.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

smashpro1 posted:

LoonShia posted:

:flashfact: actually he draws his energy from the magical Speed Force :flashfact:

I'm pretty sure there was a pilot for a Justice League show in the 90s that had Flash eating a ton.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Sefer posted:

I'm pretty sure there was a pilot for a Justice League show in the 90s that had Flash eating a ton.

As a man who has read then entire Flash V2, both are right. At first he has to eat all the time and can only hit like, mach 2 or 3, but eventually he unlocks the Speed Force and doesn't have to anymore and can go to near-light speed.

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Sefer posted:

There was a dedicated Flash series. He did eat a ton. It was bad.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098798/

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

DisMafugga posted:

You shut your whore mouth. It had Theora Jones in it, so it was the best.

:swoon:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

DisMafugga posted:

The Justice League thing came later: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118365/

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

http://jl8comic.tumblr.com/

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

enigmahfc posted:

I picked this up out of the ripped/missing covers bin a while back. Luckily, my girlfriend at the time was a conservator/restoration librarian whatever and patched it up real nice.

My copy is cooler than your copy because it has marks from where someone traced Superman eating cheeseburgers at one point, though.

e:
I also have this guy and a few other silly covers that I need to get around to framing

Sockser fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 5, 2014

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sockser posted:

I picked this up out of the ripped/missing covers bin a while back. Luckily, my girlfriend at the time was a conservator/restoration librarian whatever and patched it up real nice.

My copy is cooler than your copy because it has marks from where someone traced Superman eating cheeseburgers at one point, though.

e:
I also have this guy and a few other silly covers that I need to get around to framing

That makes Spider-Man look like a villain who has kidnapped those children to hack into a computer or something.

Edit: I'm on a phone and that cigarette case looked like a computer at first, now it looks like he's forcing those kids to sell contraband to other kids.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 5, 2014

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Sockser posted:

e:

Curiosity about the comic behind this cover lead me to this one which is apparently the next issue.

I have no idea how you get from that state of affairs to this state of affairs.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Which way is Spiderman even swinging in that picture?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

IUG posted:

Which way is Spiderman even swinging in that picture?

Spiderman swings both ways :gay:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hulk Smash! posted:

Spiderman swings both ways :gay:

Just so long as he can get sloppy seconds, true believers! Excelsior!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gnome de plume posted:

Curiosity about the comic behind this cover lead me to this one which is apparently the next issue.

I have no idea how you get from that state of affairs to this state of affairs.

I have (or had, anyway) both of those and I think the answer is "Mysterio" but I can't remember.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Endless Mike posted:

I have (or had, anyway) both of those and I think the answer is "Mysterio" but I can't remember.

I had the second one long, long ago, and as I recall it was about Chameleon getting kids hooked on pills that looked like Substance D. Or was that a different "say no to drugs" comic starring Spider-Man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Endless Mike posted:

They're a series of PSA comics, the first one is actually Electro smuggling drugs into Canada via hollow hockey pucks.

I am dead loving serious.

:canada:

• Locked thread