Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rdubs
Jun 2, 2014

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Wow, I think you're right. Those wood trunk arms could only belong to him.

Originally I thought it might be a flashback (TW2 says he and Geralt knew each other earlier), but the camera pans to present-day Geralt. Maybe if you don't kill him at the end of TW2 he doesn't retire as promised and comes to help the witchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Man, our cinematics people are loving ace.

Nah, your people, period, are loving ace. I was super heartened to see some minor rendering flaws in some of those scenes because that means that poo poo is being rendered in-engine, in real time. Just incredible stuff.

Honestly, my biggest concern at this point is that with Pascal delayed until 2016 and with no release date for any of the 2nd gen Maxwell stuff, there might not be beastly enough cards to upgrade with in time for the W3 launch. Which would be a disaster and would make me unspeakably sad.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That trailer owns. Yessssssssssssss I am so loving hyped. Time to read through the novels again whilst I wait for the launch. :allears:

VVV The song is Percival - Saragon.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 5, 2014

Burns
May 10, 2008

drat, I want that trailer song. Awesome trailer, its going to be an awesome game!

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Autonomous Monster posted:

It's a good thing I was looking to upgrade anyway. :unsmith:

Do we know what sort of specs we're looking at here? If I plump for a GTX 760 (860? I thought Maxwell was supposed to be out already), is that going to be enough for Ultra @ 1920x1200 or am I going to need a 780 or something ridiculous?

If it is going to run on a PS4/Xbone I wouldn't worry about it too much, and I doubt a 780 will run Ultra considering that chipset is old and busted,

Palpek posted:

Cool. If you stop sharing your dicking dilemmas, virginity dilemmas, who you would gently caress as your genie wish and how you see sex references where they don't exist all on one page you'll be a better poster. Glad I could help.

I'm gonna give them all the D then print out my sex cards and frame them on my wall.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Rinkles posted:

Man, you work at a cool place. (Warsaw notwithstanding (it's not that dreary))
Warsaw is pretty cool to live in actually. It's not a beautiful city but the city life makes up for it.

Burns
May 10, 2008

http://buy.thewitcher.com/

Im guessing the collector's edition isn't up for pre-order yet?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Palpek posted:

Warsaw is pretty cool to live in actually. It's not a beautiful city but the city life makes up for it.

I lived there for one year, though as a teen. I love being in Warsaw, but I think almost entirely out of a sentimental attachment (spent a lot vacations as a kid there, and in a nearby summer house; Urle).

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Things changed a lot in Warsaw. I lived there for a few months not that long ago and it's just fantastic how many new cool places have been created in the last few years. Night life really owns.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Goddamn The Witcher 3 looks like it's going to be so loving good. :fap:

Edit: I also hope this game helps get GOG more into the mainstream, because it's pretty much the best digital game service.

Gobblecoque fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 6, 2014

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

Gobblecoque posted:

Goddamn The Witcher 3 looks like it's going to be so loving good. :fap:

Edit: I also hope this game helps get GOG more into the mainstream, because it's pretty much the best digital game service.

Yeah, but... those damned Steam cards. I need them and I don't even know why!

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Gobblecoque posted:

Too bad they've brought in regional pricing. I'll probably wait and see where else I can pre-order from, because I don't really feel like paying a premium for not having the audacity to live in Australia and I don't have much use for $21 worth of free Gog games, given I've got the ones I want already.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Autonomous Monster posted:

It's a good thing I was looking to upgrade anyway. :unsmith:

Do we know what sort of specs we're looking at here? If I plump for a GTX 760 (860? I thought Maxwell was supposed to be out already), is that going to be enough for Ultra @ 1920x1200 or am I going to need a 780 or something ridiculous?

Maxwell is already out with the 750 Ti. However, the card is more for entry level users and smaller cases. The high-end 2nd generation cards may not be available by the game's release date.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lycus posted:

There's no way in hell my computer can play this. It's either buy a PS4 or build a new computer.

The SA parts picking megathread is incredible, for anyone who's building a new one - they'll give you the perfect price/power combo.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

sebmojo posted:

The SA parts picking megathread is incredible, for anyone who's building a new one - they'll give you the perfect price/power combo.
Oh yeah, I've read that thread before. I used it extensively to help my friend build his a few months ago. I'll wait until next year before I start thinking about that, though.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Man, our cinematics people are loving ace.

gently caress yeah they are.

Hey Germain, is there any way to get any of the studio project shirts or just CDPR shirts? I want to spread the company love and a shirt is a lot cheaper than a tattoo.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

BBJoey posted:

Too bad they've brought in regional pricing. I'll probably wait and see where else I can pre-order from, because I don't really feel like paying a premium for not having the audacity to live in Australia and I don't have much use for $21 worth of free Gog games, given I've got the ones I want already.

I don't know much about regional pricing since I'm American, but don't most services do that anyway?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Gobblecoque posted:

I don't know much about regional pricing since I'm American, but don't most services do that anyway?

Yes, but GOG used to be special like that. It could be related to the legal dispute with Namco they had, or trying to avoid a similar situation.

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!
I'll definitely be getting this for PS4. I'm anticipating needing to order it from overseas because despite having an R18+ rating for games in Australia now, poo poo still gets censored.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
That trailer is the most badass thing I've ever seen.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
So, that trailer was amazing.

I started on the second Witcher, but gave up soon after the introduction (when it becomes properly nonlinear) because I found the combat brutally hard on Normal and kind of dull on Easy. Should I just play through on easy for the story/world (which I dig), or is there a mod out there that might help me be less Bad At Games? :shobon:

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!

abraham linksys posted:

I started on the second Witcher, but gave up soon after the introduction (when it becomes properly nonlinear) because I found the combat brutally hard on Normal and kind of dull on Easy. Should I just play through on easy for the story/world (which I dig), or is there a mod out there that might help me be less Bad At Games? :shobon:

Persevere on normal. The combat will click and when it does you'll find yourself mauling groups of enemies.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
The combat is hardest in the beginning and gets better as you level up and get items/spells/skills. It might be worth putting in on easy if you've been putting it off this long, but it also might help to realize how Demon/Dark Souls inspired the combat is in term of how careful and deliberate they want you to treat it.

e; that trailer was p sexy

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Looks very slick. Thought it was funny they stuck a clip of sex scene with Triss into the trailer (W2 had one as well, didn't it?)

And people thought the Emperor was talking about Yennifer? I thought it was pretty obviously Ciri he was talking about.

I hope they go full dark souls with the combat - W2 was getting there but didn't quite make it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Yeah, I think it's clear that he was talking about Ciri. I think we were already pretty sure that the Wild Hunt wants her blood.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
That loving trailer god:drat:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I'll add to the chorus of "That trailer was loving amazing!"

The game looks like it's going to be great and I can't wait for next Feb. This is the only game I'll preorder because at the moment CDProjekt are the only company I trust to not gently caress it up (don't gently caress it up :ohdear:).
I think it's cool that GOG are offering credit back for those of us in Australia that get screwed on regional pricing. I mean actually lowering the price would be better, but offering store credit is at least something and coupled with the discount for owning the previous Witchers makes the price quite tempting. I don't have many games on GOG so I'll probably find stuff I want but I'm going to wait and see what price the UK steam store offers first before I decide where to buy. See which deal is better!

abraham linksys posted:

Keep at it, it will click. Also use everything at your disposal. Fight dirty and literally throw everything you've got at them: bombs, signs and roll like a motherfucker. Don't get surrounded, pick them off and roll, roll, roll!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Hey, Comte, is there any way to get an uncompressed version (or, at least one that isn't youtube-compressed) of the trailer? I don't give a gently caress I'll download 4 gigs to see that poo poo in the highest definition possible.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Coughing Hobo posted:

Hey, Comte, is there any way to get an uncompressed version (or, at least one that isn't youtube-compressed) of the trailer? I don't give a gently caress I'll download 4 gigs to see that poo poo in the highest definition possible.

Why, it's available right here:

http://btt.gamersyde.com/The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_-_E3_2014_Trailer_-_The_Sword_Of_Destiny_29.97fps_h264_40mbps_ST.mp4.torrent

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

hell yes

fuuuuuuuck it looks so good

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 6, 2014

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
I for one will downsample this on my 24' samsung monitor. I just hope that my GPU can handle it.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
If only there were a silver sword included with the collector's edition. :(

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I think I am going to play Witcher 1 again which we all know is the best Witcher game. Gotta get my "canon" saves sorted out. Really hoping Thaler makes an appearance in 3.

Rdubs
Jun 2, 2014

Lycus posted:

Yeah, I think it's clear that he was talking about Ciri. I think we were already pretty sure that the Wild Hunt wants her blood.

I'm curious how many casual players will make that reference. Ciri is barely mentioned at all in the first two games, if I recall an innkeeper tells a story in the first game and that's about it. Yennefer was mentioned slightly more, but odds are only the most devout fans know who Ciri is or why she's important. That the trailer would make such a reference is frikkin awesome.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rdubs posted:

I'm curious how many casual players will make that reference. Ciri is barely mentioned at all in the first two games, if I recall an innkeeper tells a story in the first game and that's about it. Yennefer was mentioned slightly more, but odds are only the most devout fans know who Ciri is or why she's important. That the trailer would make such a reference is frikkin awesome.

Ciri probably plays a pivotal role in W3. She was even on the Game Informer cover (albeit, hooded).

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I still hate the way Geralt looks. He still looks kind of fat, when in the other games he appears to be a pretty lithe, athletic dude. Maybe it's the lovely looking armor he has which I assume the player will be able to replace in no time at all if that is indeed the starting armor.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Ice Fist posted:

I still hate the way Geralt looks. He still looks kind of fat, when in the other games he appears to be a pretty lithe, athletic dude. Maybe it's the lovely looking armor he has which I assume the player will be able to replace in no time at all if that is indeed the starting armor.

I'm changing that armor asap. It looks dumb and I like the general leather/casual clothes he wore in the older games.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

cheesetriangles posted:

I think I am going to play Witcher 1 again which we all know is the best Witcher game. Gotta get my "canon" saves sorted out. Really hoping Thaler makes an appearance in 3.

I'm doing this right now Witcher 1 buddy. 2 is good, but 1 is great

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

I hope most of these armor designs show up in the game. I'd love to play Geralt in a big fluffy outfit. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
This is like the best outfit Geralt's ever worn.

• Locked thread