Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Oh, man, assuming this stream is the last episode, this was a short LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Unfortunately not all games can be the grand epic Ride to Hell was.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Loki_XLII posted:

Oh, man, assuming this stream is the last episode, this was a short LP.

I was surprised, too. For those of you who uhhh didn't watch the video I guess: we'll be streaming the last section of MindJack on June 10th at 6:30 PM EST... on TWO CAMERAS!!!!!! This, unfortunately, is going to coincide with twitch's e3 coverage, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Thanks to SSNeoman for confirming where the ideal spot to stop would be because otherwise we might've beaten the game in a controlled setting. Also, ya know, our game has been sitting open with plenty of unfilled multiplayer slots... just sayin'!

Follow us on tweet for scheduling changes: https://twitter.com/MenDrinkCoffee
Camera 1 will be http://twitch.tv/mendrinkincoffee and camera 2 will be http://twitch.tv/mendrinkintea. Hope to see you there!

edit: apparently this is a thing that exists, so use it when the time comes: http://www.multitwitch.tv/mendrinkincoffee/mendrinkintea

judge reinhold fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 6, 2014

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Mustache Moose is my favorite Mega Man boss.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Don't worry, as someone who tasted the livestream flavor before i of course know that every episode so far has actually been 5 hours of footage cleverly edited down to 20 minutes, and stream veterans are wise to bring lots of food and the strongest beverages in order to stay focused throughout the hours.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

judge reinhold posted:

I was surprised, too. For those of you who uhhh didn't watch the video I guess: we'll be streaming the last section of MindJack on June 10th at 6:30 PM EST... on TWO CAMERAS!!!!!! This, unfortunately, is going to coincide with twitch's e3 coverage, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Thanks to SSNeoman for confirming where the ideal spot to stop would be because otherwise we might've beaten the game in a controlled setting. Also, ya know, our game has been sitting open with plenty of unfilled multiplayer slots... just sayin'!

Follow us on tweet for scheduling changes: https://twitter.com/MenDrinkCoffee
Camera 1 will be http://twitch.tv/mendrinkincoffee and camera 2 will be http://twitch.tv/mendrinkintea. Hope to see you there!

I am hoping you guys are still playing when I get back from my birthday dinner because that would just be fantastic :allears:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Wait, this is the end? They've got a whole lot of plot to wrap up in presumably 30 minutes edited game.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

PrinceRandom posted:

Wait, this is the end? They've got a whole lot of plot to wrap up in presumably 30 minutes edited game.

Will MindJim finally meet Tom Cruise???

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
Before the giant robot boss fight the game seemed to be giving you a choice - the characters were discussing which building to enter. It makes me think that if you had turned around you would have seen another waypoint for the other building.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

your evil twin posted:

Before the giant robot boss fight the game seemed to be giving you a choice - the characters were discussing which building to enter. It makes me think that if you had turned around you would have seen another waypoint for the other building.

Do you really think they bothered to make alternative paths for this game?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

fool_of_sound posted:

Do you really think they bothered to make alternative paths for this game?

They didn't even put in an alternate color.

It's scary how I thought of Bubsy right before Anthony did.

I love how the game asks you if you want to continue every ten minutes. It's as though even the game itself doesn't want to go through with this crap.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
I eagerly await the next pre-stream pony game.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Dear Coffeejoes; I was VERY disappointed with your lastest episode of MindJack. I was under the impression that Men Drinkin' Coffee was a family friendly show, as you yourselves have pointed out. Well, you dropped the ball on this one, as, in episode 8 of this LP I, along with the rest of your tasters were subjected to this filth:

I watch your LP's with my grandma and my two young nephews. How am I supposed to explain to them what a 'robot dick' is now??!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I think last episode was the longest it took for Anthony to start talking.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

PrinceRandom posted:

I think last episode was the longest it took for Anthony to start talking.

Let's make it a streak!!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I can't wait for all the plot the game is going to dump on us.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

judge reinhold posted:

Let's make it a streak!!

Good luck

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Croccers posted:

I can't wait for all the plot the game is going to dump on us.

I hope there is going to be a big stupid twist at the end.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Demicol posted:

MindJim was MindJack the entire time

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I just binged this whole LP and I still don't know what FIA means.

Come to think of it, I don't know what anything means.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Future Intelligence Agency.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

loving Infinite Aggressors, those things MindJim keeps complaining about.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Weiss is a roomba in disguise. A Humba.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
No, don't spout a one-liner! A one-liner just looks cheap and pointless after that slog. You were shot and killed several times and only survived because of MindHackJackJimming!

It is kind of sad that you can't control any of the bigger robots. Maybe they're saving that for endgame?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Movac posted:

You know what they say about robots with gigantic feet.

They're discontinued?

Demicol posted:

The big stupid twist is that Mustachio Moose is actually Carth Onasi from KOTOR, and that he's actually Weiss this whole time. Think about it. You never see the two of them in the same cut scene, let alone the same room.

Actually, I'm pretty sure MindJim turns out to have been working with Nerkus this whole time. I don't know that for sure, but that seems to be the big surprise they've been trying to do.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
We're live! Results will be mixed!

http://www.multitwitch.tv/mendrinkincoffee/mendrinkintea

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

Have you set it so that your game can be invaded? I've been searching for your game but it can't find it. I hope I didn't buy this game for nothing. :colbert:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

judge reinhold posted:

This, unfortunately, is going to coincide with twitch's e3 coverage, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

E3 is a cruel mistress indeed (the stream is mindjacked-up to all heck).

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I assume you need to set Private Slots down to 0 (or 1 I guess) to allow public people to invade you.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Twitch is balls

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Pigbuster posted:

E3 is a cruel mistress indeed (the stream is mindjacked-up to all heck).

As day one of E3 continues, the minds are getting jacker.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

so jacked, mindly

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Looks normal to me.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

I got into the game and repeatedly thwarted their progress. £7.33 well spent.

I was awfully tempted to use the rules plugin/perk thing that randomises teams after every round. Random chance I'd end up the hero and the mendrinkindrinks would become the bad guys!

EDIT: Apparently only the host can do that. Now where's the fun in that?!

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
That was a magical experience.

Thanks for mindjacking us.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Finally, you've MindJacked to completion. Thanks, fellas. It was a wild ride.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Even the twitch archive is a little.... iffy.

I'd call you a peach if you uploaded an uncut version to youtube, Boston Market convos and all

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

bhlaab posted:

Even the twitch archive is a little.... iffy.

I'd call you a peach if you uploaded an uncut version to youtube, Boston Market convos and all

I will upload the full 2 hour stream to YouTube and the 30 minute version where we make progress as well.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
This thread got me to finish and replay this game after not touching it since March of 2012. Thanks for tackling it.

HACKER LIMIT: YES means Hackers can't enter; they're limited.
HACKER LIMIT: NO means Hackers can enter; they're not being limited.

It's not very intuitive at all, but what can you do.

Also, I didn't learn this until today, but MindJack's apparently got a default limit of 3 Hackers per team unless the Host's using the "Pick and Choose" Rule/Plugin, where they somehow get to choose the ratio of players? I don't know, I haven't successfully hosted with that on yet.

So, if Anthony had managed to join in on the game after someone's already hacked into the Blue team, he would have been forced to fight Judge and Diaper. Whoops.

I was the alien/Cuban.

judge reinhold posted:

We had fun. Thanks for eventually pitying us.
No problem, though I was kind of forced into the Red team at the time because YET joined and filled your Blue team. I wasn't even equipped with plugins good for killing- it was all 10-2 HEADQUARTERS' difficulty that killed you at that time. It's one of two levels you're supposed to use the Demigod rule on to get a dumb ol' achievement, and probably the hardest level in the game even with the dumb AI in charge.

ElTipejoLoco fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

ElTipejoLoco posted:

HACKER LIMIT: YES means Hackers can't enter; they're limited.
HACKER LIMIT: NO means Hackers can enter; they're not being limited.

It's not very intuitive at all, but what can you do.

Also, I didn't learn this until today, but MindJack's got a default limit of 3 Hackers per team unless the Host's using the "Pick and Choose" Rule/Plugin, where they somehow get to choose the ratio of players? I don't know, I haven't successfully hosted with that on yet.

So, if Anthony had managed to join in on the game after someone's already hacked into the Blue team, he would have been forced to fight Judge and Diaper. Whoops.

I was the alien/Cuban.

We had fun. Thanks for eventually pitying us.

• Locked thread