Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blk
Dec 19, 2009

CountOfNowhere posted:

I am very interested in details on this. I have tried to hide my other skills in interviews and I'm not sure if that is a good idea anymore.

Depends what kind of company you're applying to - if they want you to be a cog in a machine, don't do it. If they're interested in cultivating their people and maximizing the value of their hires, do it.

In other job/IT manager chat, I'm applying to a CIO position to see how far I can get. Technically I am an IT Director now, even though I don't have any direct reports. Wheeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Galler posted:

Maybe they don't want everyone to remember how much better Warcraft II was than every other Warcraft thing they have done since :v:

e: contents of the War II disk: 113MB

There's the data on the disc but I think the music is stored as CD audio on separate tracks.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CountOfNowhere posted:

I am very interested in details on this. I have tried to hide my other skills in interviews and I'm not sure if that is a good idea anymore.

I applied for a network engineering at my place but on the bottom of my resume I put that some goon coerced me to do to IBM Master the Mainframe and get a free t-shirt for 30 minutes worth of "work".

I'm now a mainframe programmer.

Galler posted:

Maybe they don't want everyone to remember how much better Warcraft II was than every other Warcraft thing they have done since :v:

e: contents of the War II disk: 113MB

Not BNE, don't care.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
What the gently caress is going on with my brain? Am I having a stroke?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXW0bx_Ooq4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So STR catte... came home today. Alive. He's skinny as hell, and his kidneys still aren't doing so hot (but doing better - vet showed me the bloodwork over the past few days, there's been a gradual improvement). He's on prescription food now, and not eating a whole lot - but he is eating. The vet believes he's not in any pain; also said (paraphrasing) "he might live a week, he might live a few years. Kidneys are completely hosed, but with the right diet he'll live out the rest of his life comfortably".

He's definitely feeling a bit better - he was attempting to murder the vet and both techs when I showed up; I could hear him screaming from the lobby. That's how he normally is at the vet :haw::hf::catstare: - one of the techs commented "you can tell they're feeling better when their real personality comes out" :v:

(he really is sweet at home, but he's a holy terror when he's outside of his comfort zone)

mariooncrack posted:

It must be depressing for you to go back there.

To an extent, yeah. It's a very scenic area (if you like desert and mountains), but it's also very much a small town mindset - despite being a large city (~3/4 million population). For example, last time I was there, the ~BREAKING NEWS~ was of some idiot that wrapped a car around a pole. They kept hassling the cops to "find out how this TERRIBLE tragedy occurred" and "who was involved" (cops kept saying "no names, dude's dead, haven't notified next of kin, gently caress off"). The anchors were providing detailed directions on how to get around that section of I-10 (exit so and so, turn right at the 3rd stop sign, turn left a block further, take your first right, etc). Any other decent sized city, it'd be a blip on the traffic report. Here, it'd be "There's an accident on <x highway at nearest exit>, avoid that area" and that'd be it.

That said, my doctor would probably have a stroke if he saw my diet every time I go back to visit. It's a border town; I grew up on border food. I may as well mainline lard while I'm there, but goddamn the food is amazing.

The only reason I go back is to visit my dad. Not to be morbid, but once he's gone, the only other time I'll ever be back there will be to bury my mom (she has a spot near her father's grave). The few friends I stay in touch with from there are on facebook

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jun 5, 2014

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

some texas redneck posted:

So STR catte... came home today. Alive. He's skinny as hell, and his kidneys still aren't doing so hot (but doing better - vet showed me the bloodwork over the past few days, there's been a gradual improvement). He's on prescription food now, and not eating a whole lot - but he is eating. The vet believes he's not in any pain; also said (paraphrasing) "he might live a week, he might live a few years. Kidneys are completely hosed, but with the right diet he'll live out the rest of his life comfortably".

He's definitely feeling a bit better - he was attempting to murder the vet and both techs when I showed up; I could hear him screaming from the lobby. That's how he normally is at the vet :haw::hf::catstare: - one of the techs commented "you can tell they're feeling better when their real personality comes out" :v:

(he really is sweet at home, but he's a holy terror when he's outside of his comfort zone)

Glad to see catte is still going.

One of my parent's cats has kidney issues, when he was diagnosed the vet gave him a couple of months but he's still going over a year later.
He's a sack of bones, on daily meds for his kidneys, prescription food, shits and pukes everywhere and is constantly constipated (which he needs different meds for)
It costs a fair amount to keep him going BUT he still likes being around people and still plods around happily enough.
As long as he doesn't give up on himself .

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Just found out that the security for Mazda's online repository for workshop manuals is so bad that you can find the factory service manual, wiring manual, and body shop manual for every Mazda made since 1996, including 2015 models, just by googling their site for "service manuals". Toyota's TIS seems to be locked down tighter than a dolphin's butthole, but Mazda might as well not bother putting up a pay wall.

Not sure how :filez: this is, so I'll edit this post if it crosses the line.

bandman fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 5, 2014

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

bandman posted:

Just found out that the security for Mazda's online repository for workshop manuals is so bad that you can find the factory service manual, wiring manual, and body shop manual for every Mazda made since 1996, including 2015 models, just by googling their site for "service manuals". Toyota's TIS seems to be locked down tighter than a dolphin's butthole, but Mazda might as well not bother putting up a pay wall.

Not sure how :filez: this is, so I'll edit this post if it crosses the line.

Those were behind a pay wall? I found the manual for my 6 this way and thought Mazda were just giving them out free as a service. :psyduck:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
If AT&T made your cars, you'd be in jail with weev right now, you evil loving hackers

'merica

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kastein posted:

If AT&T made your cars, you'd be in jail with weev right now, you evil loving hackers

'merica

Who is weev?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Great Beer posted:

Those were behind a pay wall? I found the manual for my 6 this way and thought Mazda were just giving them out free as a service. :psyduck:
It just comes down to whether your Javascript is working as far as I can see.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

InitialDave posted:

It just comes down to whether your Javascript is working as far as I can see.

Noscript: professional level hacking tool.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

E- nm

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 5, 2014

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
It just boggles my mind that nobody at Mazda has fixed it. I gather that it has been this way for quite some time, so you'd think that somebody would have done something about it by now, but :effort:. Maybe this is Mazda's secret way of being more enthusiast-friendly, by providing all of the service information in a *winkwink nudgenudge* kind of way.

Or (more likely) they just don't give a flying poo poo. :iiam:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Maybe they don't know? How much are you supposed to "pay" for those kinds of things?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

bandman posted:

It just boggles my mind that nobody at Mazda has fixed it. I gather that it has been this way for quite some time, so you'd think that somebody would have done something about it by now, but :effort:. Maybe this is Mazda's secret way of being more enthusiast-friendly, by providing all of the service information in a *winkwink nudgenudge* kind of way.

Mazda doesn't seem to make a big deal about fixing things. See: mazda 3 rust

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

Who is weev?

weev is a guy who kastein sprayed diesel up the butthole of. Later weev went to prison.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

mariooncrack posted:

Maybe they don't know? How much are you supposed to "pay" for those kinds of things?

$20/day, $200/month, $1500/year. That seems like a pretty steep price to charge users and not give a poo poo if the whole world can access your information without paying.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

weev is a guy who kastein sprayed diesel up the butthole of. Later weev went to prison.

not quite.

I accidentally poured it down his back because the drat funnel leaked. Gravity assisted and the rest is history.

e: this guy http://www.cnet.com/news/at-t-hacker-weev-sends-bitcoin-invoice-to-feds-for-time-in-prison/

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Holy poo poo is my GTP turning into a money pit. I pulled onto my street yesterday and right when I went over a speed bump my ABS, traction control and steering assist warnings all went on and the steering went super tight all of a sudden.

Research tells me that when the speed sensors in the hub bearing assemblies poo poo the bed, as they are oft wont to do, it causes this condition. Two of those were replaced a little over a year ago and a third was done about a month and a half ago.

I don't gently caress with those anymore after a hellish experience trying to replace one so its another trip to the shop for me tomorrow. I just threw a wad of cash at the drat thing not long ago tracking down a coolant leak and replacing a bearing along with tires an alternator and many other assorted things.

I'm really having a hard time justifying all the money I've been spending on it vs. getting something newer. I really, really love my GTP though :( A couple of hundred $ every few months versus a couple of hundred every month with less headaches is a hard decision to make.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

bandman posted:

Mazda doesn't seem to mind me and other enthusiasts sharing service manuals online, provided we don't charge for it. All of my stuff is early rotaries through '96 RX-7, though.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice
Out of frustration I was looking at craigslist for possible GTP replacements and found this... http://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto/4460864445.html

I don't even like fomoco stuff but I LOVE marauders. That one is low miles and looks like a winner. I like my cars with four doors, a trunk, big and stupid. Anyone got a quick rundown of why I shouldn't want that car?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Tusen Takk posted:

Who is weev?

The internet's poster child of trolling: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/magazine/03trolls-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Got the horn to work on my old, old truck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYr6Kx3JdB4

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Out of frustration I was looking at craigslist for possible GTP replacements and found this... http://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto/4460864445.html

I don't even like fomoco stuff but I LOVE marauders. That one is low miles and looks like a winner. I like my cars with four doors, a trunk, big and stupid. Anyone got a quick rundown of why I shouldn't want that car?

The low mileage is a concern, even if it has had maintenance done by the dealer they may have done it based on the mileage and not the age of the car.

Other than that its a tarted up Crown Vic with a little more horsepower. Seems like a lot of money for what it is.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

thebigcow posted:

The low mileage is a concern, even if it has had maintenance done by the dealer they may have done it based on the mileage and not the age of the car.

Other than that its a tarted up Crown Vic with a little more horsepower. Seems like a lot of money for what it is.

I know its a gussied up crown Vic but I kinda love it cause of the rarity. I've only ever seen maybe 3 of them in the wild. I've been trying to talk myself into it assuming I could talk the price down a little. I really should be looking for an econobox considering my long commute and everything but a RWD V8 sedan is my style all the way.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I test drove an Impreza, Forrester, and Outback today. They were all solid choices. I've never bought a brand new car though. Due to where I work, they're willing to sell me the cars at invoice. Is invoice good or should I aim for better? I checked KBB and they're about $500 - $1000 more than what a "fair" price would be. I think I am going to go with the Impreza so I don't know how much that affects my negotiation chances since it's a compact and they're not very hard to sell these days.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

mariooncrack posted:

I test drove an Impreza, Forrester, and Outback today. They were all solid choices. I've never bought a brand new car though. Due to where I work, they're willing to sell me the cars at invoice. Is invoice good or should I aim for better? I checked KBB and they're about $500 - $1000 more than what a "fair" price would be. I think I am going to go with the Impreza so I don't know how much that affects my negotiation chances since it's a compact and they're not very hard to sell these days.

If your trying to buy a decent Subaru for cheap, buy a used one.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I know its a gussied up crown Vic but I kinda love it cause of the rarity. I've only ever seen maybe 3 of them in the wild. I've been trying to talk myself into it assuming I could talk the price down a little. I really should be looking for an econobox considering my long commute and everything but a RWD V8 sedan is my style all the way.

Buy it. AI needs more Panther owners, and Marauders are loving rad.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Fart Pipe posted:

Got the horn to work on my old, old truck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYr6Kx3JdB4

That's fantastic.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I8 into California pulling a trailer is definitely an experience.

Made it to Oceanside, and now here we are for the next three years. Not a fan, so far.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Have you thought about perhaps an LS400? Boaty as gently caress, cheap, and are pretty much built for what you plan on doing. I'm wishing I bought one instead of my pseudo-non-shitbox..

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I think my neighbors want me to move my car.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Very legally, not just pretty legally?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

How many letters does your state allow on plates? Is "ODIFRUS" available?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I like to imagine the second report was your response

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

atomicthumbs posted:

I think my neighbors want me to move my car.

If the cops come out to smell your car again give them a coffee thats hard work.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

freelop posted:

I like to imagine the second report was your response

nah, that was someone blowing up the town mail pickup box with M80s.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Tonight on Wagon Cops: Sifowicz and Carter smell a Volvo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Send them a nice letter telling them that what they smell is their upper lip.

• Locked thread