Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

monolithburger posted:

As an uneducated lurker, I can still tell that Hypation is a poo poo poster but I appreciate knowing why he is wrong and learning bits and pieces about concepts that are interesting to me in the process.

Thanks for coming out of hiding to point this out.

Also, don't be afraid to jump in and post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Oh also Kevin Andrews, Blip Blorten and Christine 'Her?' Milne are giving addresses at the ACOSS conference next week. Any suggestions on which style of shoe I should throw at each of them?

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon posted:

Nobody capable of turning on a computer is that stupid.

My dad can definitely turn on a computer.

911 was an an inside job, the queen is a lizard, vaccines are the NWO trying to cull populations!

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Measly Twerp posted:

My dad can definitely turn on a computer.

911 was an an inside job, the queen is a lizard, vaccines are the NWO trying to cull populations!
I stand corrected. Humiliated by my own hyperbole.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
My boss, the self-confessed mysogenist, also believes 911 was an inside job. Deary me.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Those On My Beet posted:

Thanks for coming out of hiding to point this out.

Also, don't be afraid to jump in and post.

I recommend joining irc to learn that all the people you see posting in here are loving idiots

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

sweetroy posted:

I recommend joining irc to learn that all the people you see posting in here are loving idiots

By this I don't mean their opinions or beliefs, but day to day everyone is dumb

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Those On My Left posted:

This isn't about Hypation; this is about lurkers who think "Gee, that Hypation guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about."

I appreciate the effort TOML, as I have noted before, there have been multiple posters that have come in to thank the thread for improving their knowledge on a range of topics. Many have changed their minds for the better.

This is the D&D thread, I believe it needs the contrarian posters to post their views so that they can be dismantled. Its a great way to learn.

As Hambeet said, no one is forcing you to read his posts

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
FYI Jews legit did 9/11, it was in our quarterly newsletter.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fruity Gordo posted:

Oh also Kevin Andrews, Blip Blorten and Christine 'Her?' Milne are giving addresses at the ACOSS conference next week. Any suggestions on which style of shoe I should throw at each of them?

you're a social worker so probably a loafer

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Fruity Gordo posted:

FYI Jews legit did 9/11, it was in our quarterly newsletter.

Were these the same Jews who faked the moon landing in their hollywood studios?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Orkin Mang posted:

you're a social worker so probably a loafer

:drat:

Splode posted:

Were these the same Jews who faked the moon landing in their hollywood studios?

Nah Garry did that one.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

LNP posted:

LNP confirms Stafford candidate
The LNP has endorsed Bob Andersen, a senior psychologist with Queensland Health, as its candidate for the Stafford by-election.
Mr Andersen, a father of two young children, works at the Princess Alexandra Hospital.
“I am passionate about providing a strong voice for the people of Stafford in the Newman LNP Government,” Mr Andersen said.
“This government has a track record of significant improvement to frontline service delivery in Queensland, including health and education, which are two of my key issues.
“I will work to ensure the people of Stafford continue to benefit from the reforms undertaken by the Newman Government.
“It is clear that only the LNP has a strong plan to ensure a brighter for the people of Stafford,” Mr Andersen said.
LNP President, Bruce McIver, said Mr Andersen provides the people of Stafford with the opportunity to have an outstanding state member.
“Mr Andersen is committed to giving Stafford a strong voice in parliament and knows the issues that are important to the community,” Mr McIver said.
What a muppet.

Ronald Nixon
Mar 18, 2012

Those On My Beet posted:

I was going to post this exact thing. The arguments with the IWCs, AMUs, Urseus's and now the Hypations of the thread are good to have for this exact reason. None of them really bring anything new to the table, the core of their arguments regardless of their individual coherency, is poo poo you will hear anywhere across Australia today.

edit: That's why it's good for the lurkers and even the regulars to see these arguments if they want to. If you don't like the particular poster / conversation then tune out. Stop carrying on like posts are a finite resource.

On the other hand, the constant references to "IWC" when many lurkers have no idea what it implies makes for a tedious read. Can we stick to countering their arguments without endless reference to some obscure past poster?

I didn't see this in the thread, Colin's going to call a bit of land Yagan Square:
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/city-square-named-after-famous-aboriginal-leader-20140531-zrtqz.html

There were some pretty good letters of protest in the West Aust. but I don't have them. I think this article quotes the writer of one letter:
http://thestringer.com.au/dissent-over-naming-perth-site-yagan-square/
http://nirs.org.au/blog/NEWS/article/34174/Anger-over-naming-of-Perth%27s-%27Yagan-Square%27.html

Seems a bit inappropriate to name a little square right in the middle of a city and call it fair recognition of indigenous history.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Isn't it next to a massive commercial development called "kings square"?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Ronald Nixon posted:

On the other hand, the constant references to "IWC" when many lurkers have no idea what it implies makes for a tedious read.

I think one of the first few times I posted, someone accused me of being an IWC alt. I refrained then from posting "who is IWC", but seriously who is IWC?

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Mithranderp posted:

I think one of the first few times I posted, someone accused me of being an IWC alt. I refrained then from posting "who is IWC", but seriously who is IWC?

Haha, I think basically everyone with '13 or '14 reg dates got reported for being IWC. He's this guy: http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2342

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

IWC is ironic war criminal, a former poster. Permabanned but he kept on making accounts.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2342

Jerk Burger
Jul 4, 2003

King of the Monkeys

Mysticblade posted:

IWC is ironic war criminal, a former poster. Permabanned but he kept on making accounts.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2342

This should always be the start of the 1st post

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

quote:

Posted by Hypation on August 1, 2013
Having first joined SA for the first time ever in July 2013 and being banned twice in three days for being the IWC, I cast doubt on the number of IWC bans.

The IWC may have been real once, just like the Dread Pirate Roberts may have once been a real (although fictitious) person; but over the numerous Bans and Permabans I would suggest that the mantle may have changed hands almost as frequently as the original IWC has changed accounts....

There may be dozens of banned posters who have been given little more than a watch label for a reason. (IWC is a Swiss company that designs and manufactures watches.)

So as the current (however erroneously labelled) IWC, it is time for the mantle to pass again. So if you have a spare ten bucks, you too can get a ban for being IWC:

Register a new account
Don't be a Communist, being a Liberal helps but is certainly not necessary) but taking any moderate or balanced view is sufficient
Immediately post >10 messages a day in AusPol - they do talk about entertainingly interesting things there - which is sufficient to generate that volume of posts
If you see a far left post, reply politely providing the perspective of any moderate viewpoint. You should be comforted by the fact that this will likely represent the common ground of ALP and Coalition who represent the views of more than 80% of the population.
Earn bonus 'IWC recognition points' if you can argue against an extreme left viewpoint while still conforming to underlying Greens policy. Even this is not that hard.
And remember the debating strategy of Reductio ad absurdum.

If you take these simple steps and repeat you will be IWC within a week....
Oh my god I am embarrassed for you.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Just noticed the entry from Hypation on that SAclopedia page :cripes:

e: gently caress

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Haha, I think basically everyone with '13 or '14 reg dates got reported for being IWC. He's this guy: http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2342

Holy balls. That guy has way too much time (and money) on his hands.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Fruity Gordo posted:

I had two blokes in a cultural diversity class today talk about how Indigenous people live in humpies and don't go to school because that's what They Want, so basically Australians are so stupid, cruel and craven that the vast majority of us should be shot on sight.

See also: every white person I grew up with, everyone interviewed in the Australia Day section of Utopia.

e:

Fruity Gordo posted:

Oh my god I am embarrassed for you.

I was just about to comment on that, too.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Splode posted:

How many years until we reach Peak Shitpost?

We did years ago, they then closed LF to hide this fact and maintain the illusion that there is more shitposting to be exploited in goony brains then there is already extracted to an archive disk somewhere in the US.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Lol - Hypation whingeing about being accused of being IWC. Every new poster gets called IWC at some point, I think Fruity was reported several times for being IWC

Edit: Beaten twice

Ronald Nixon
Mar 18, 2012

Freudian Slip posted:

Lol - Hypation whingeing about being accused of being IWC. Every new poster gets called IWC at some point, I think Fruity was reported several times for being IWC

Edit: Beaten twice

Yes, so can we stop?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Ronald Nixon posted:

Yes, so can we stop?

Reported as IWC

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
As someone who doesn't post let me tell you how much I take umbrage with these seven posts talking about a thing I brought up and took umbrage at.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Ronald Nixon posted:

Yes, so can we stop?

poo poo no, it's a rite of passage. A hazing, if you will

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Cartoon posted:

Nobody capable of turning on a computer is that stupid.

G'day.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Also I have never been accused of being IWC. Winning.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
HAHAHAHAHAHA

quote:

The Abbott government has pointedly refused to call East Jerusalem ''occupied'', sparking Palestinian accusations Australia is taking a radical pro-Israel stance.
In a statement to a Senate estimates hearing on Thursday morning, Attorney-General George Brandis said it was ''unhelpful'' to the Middle East peace process to bring up ''historical events''.
The carefully drafted statement followed a heated hearing late on Wednesday night in which, under questioning from opposition and crossbench senators, Senator Brandis repeatedly refused to say whether East Jerusalem was ''occupied'' by Israel.
Attorney-General Senator George Brandis has excalated the government's attack on whistleblower Edward Snowden.
Attorney-General George Brandis. Photo: Andrew Meares
East Jerusalem is a lightning rod in the Israeli-Palestinian dispute. The UN deems it an occupied territory and says Israel's unification of Jerusalem in 1980 is illegal under international law.
Advertisement
Senator Brandis said that Australia supported a peaceful resolution in the Middle East, but added: ''The description of areas which are subject to negotiations in the course of the peace process by reference to historical events is unhelpful.
''The description of East Jerusalem as 'Occupied East Jerusalem' is a term freighted with pejorative implications, which is neither appropriate nor useful.''
East Jerusalem has been under Israeli control since the 1967 war. Recent Middle East peace talks broke down at the end of April.
In November, the Abbott government quietly registered Australia's opposition to a UN resolution ordering an end to ''all Israeli settlement activities in all of the occupied territories''.
Foreign Minister Julie Bishop subsequently questioned in an interview with an Israeli newspaper whether the construction of Israeli settlements in the West Bank was illegal.
Izzat Abdulhadi, chairman of the General Delegation of Palestine, which provides Palestinian diplomatic representation in Australia, said the statement was part of a trend favouring Israel since the Abbott government took office.
''This statement is really outrageous,'' he said. ''East Jerusalem is an integral part of the occupied territories and that has been recognised by the UN and under international law.''
Independent Senator Nick Xenophon, who led the questioning of Senator Brandis, pointed to statements from Coalition ministers going back to the late 1970s and 1980s in which they call East Jerusalem and the Palestinian territories ''occupied''.
''It's an extraordinary and reckless departure from the bipartisan approach of the last 47 years,'' he said.
A spokeswoman for the Israeli Embassy in Canberra said: "Israel's stance on Jerusalem is well known and has remained constant over the years and throughout successive governments: A united Jerusalem is and has always been the capital of the State of Israel."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...l#ixzz33rah1H23

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
NO TREATIES FOR ANYONE EVER OCCUPY OCCUPY PEW PEW

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Well then, Facebook why.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

A deadly new drug is appearing in the NT, it's called Snapchat.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/northern-territory/snapchat-drugs-hit-darwin-streets/story-fnk0b1zt-1226946025424

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Anidav posted:

Well then, Facebook why.

Ask them whether they agree with Lang Hancock that we should just sterilise the lot of them and breed the black out.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Doesn't this make us the first nation outside of Israel itself to consider occupied Palestine as part of the Jewish state?

We're pretty fukt.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

"They choose to live this way"

Endman
May 18, 2010

Should've chosen to be born white obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Tell them to watch Utopia and if they don't go "oh I was wrong" tell them to hang themselves.

• Locked thread